View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any bets on him resigning tonight ????

I'd rather not have "President Harris".

We don't have a president now and we won't have one for at least 3.5 years.

Someone or group higher up is in charge

China.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That one outgoing flight proved that a single C17 can hold every single sitting Congressperson. They should all be transported there and dropped onto the tarmac as the last outbound American flight holding American servicemen is preparing to take off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I despise her, but that would be the best possible thing for us right now.

Not only would they lose their tiebreaker vote in the senate, but people hate Harris. Even democrats hate Harris. She would get nothing done and be a train wreck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He has been given an account warning for trolling, a 48 hour timeout, and has been banned from the thread when he returns from the timeout.
View Quote

We need a like button.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There is plenty elsewhere on arfcom, especially everything up to July, just not in this particular thread.

There is also a lot to suggest that anyone with a military understanding of the situation was overruled by the state dept ivy-leaguers and the current administration.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I notice there are a lot of people here blaming Joe Biden, but seriously, where is the outrage at the military leadership?  No wonder we've been there for 20 years with little to show for it.  It is no surprise that we abandoned Bagram Air Base in the middle of the night without coordinating with our Afghan allies, evacuated the military before evacuating American civilians and allies, and now failing to control the airbase/provide security for our troops.  I'm a retired Army officer with 24 years, loved the guys I served with, but am still objective enough to see how FUBAR our military has become.  I noticed not a single senior military officer resigned because of the poor planning and execution of this Charlie Foxtrot.

There is plenty elsewhere on arfcom, especially everything up to July, just not in this particular thread.

There is also a lot to suggest that anyone with a military understanding of the situation was overruled by the state dept ivy-leaguers and the current administration.

There was a time when military leadership resigned rather than attempt to carry out fucked up impossible orders.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He, and his General's, will say that since it wasn't the Taliban who did it there will be no retaliation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"We made clear to the Taliban that any attack, any attack on our forces or disruption of our operations at the airport will be met with a swift and forceful response,"

- Joe Biden, one week ago

He, and his General's, will say that since it wasn't the Taliban who did it there will be no retaliation.

Any excuse they can find, they will use, even though there's no way ISIS-K could do this without the Taliban' consent, if not participation.  Our civilian and military leadership is beyond disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As far as the Potato-in-Chief is concerned, it appears they are
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened to the the Afghan government being our afghan partners ? JFC

As far as the Potato-in-Chief is concerned, it appears they are
With as many as have changed uniforms in the last 2 weeks was there ever really a difference?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
11 Marines and a Corpsman
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been following that guy on the Guardian.  I don't know if he's going to get out with all his employees and those animals.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not only would they lose their tiebreaker vote in the senate, but people hate Harris. Even democrats hate Harris. She would get nothing done and be a train wreck.
View Quote

Oh FFS, they wouldn’t “lose their tiebreaker vote”.  The new democrat VP would still vote with the democrats.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have we ever in our history relied upon our enemy for security in a tactical retreat situation? I can't think of an analogue here. I can't wrap my head around how bizarre and idiotic this entire situation is.
View Quote

Was just thinking this.

Only thing that makes sense is this admin and all mil brass have changed course from "tactical retreat" to "unconditional surrender, please let us go home" mode.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That one outgoing flight proved that a single C17 can hold every single sitting Congressperson. They should all be transported there and dropped onto the tarmac as the last outbound American flight holding American servicemen is preparing to take off.
View Quote

Except Lauren Boebert. She can stay here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Talk is cheap, and slow Joe will not live up to those words.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If this Cocksucker shows up to greet  the  C130 arriving with the flag draped coffins of our boys..I'm gunna blow a head gasket.
View Quote

The General already started the narrative shift.  This was a noble mission and an attack against it.  The Taliban are helping us.  The terrorists will not stop America as we try to help those in need.  

Never mind the fact that a week ago the Taliban was the enemy and the US was making a hasty retreat because of them...now they are an ally helping us.  It will be all pro-America need to fight for freedom and humanity with no mention of his hasty retreat.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Explosions at the airport coming from US military blowing up equipment.

As per Fox news.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#17]
We should have let the Japanese provide security in September of 45 too..................are these fucking clowns proud of themselves !!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh FFS, they wouldn’t “lose their tiebreaker vote”.  The new democrat VP would still vote with the democrats.
View Quote

It would take months. They have little time as is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Statement from Trump

“Melania and I send our deepest condolences to the families of our brilliant and brave Service Members whose duty to the U.S.A. meant so much to them. Our thoughts are also with the families of the innocent civilians who died today in the savage Kabul attack.

This tragedy should never have been allowed to happen, which makes our grief even deeper and more difficult to understand.

May God Bless the U.S.A. ”
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure she'd last more than a week in office.  She's barely functional as VP, even with all the propping up by her peers and the media.  The added strain and exposure of the Presidency would likely collapse her like a house of cards.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#21]
The British Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat has said the explosions that have killed at least 60 people in Kabul are “what defeat looks like”.

Tugendhat, who chairs the foreign affairs select committee, said the west now has no say over the future of Afghanistan. Speaking to BBC Radio 4, he said: “This is what defeat looks like. Defeat is when you don’t control any of the process anymore and if you are lucky you just about get out with your lives and a bit of your equipment and that’s what we are doing at the moment. We don’t have any control, we don’t have any say. It’s a defeat.”

The MP, who is a former Territorial Army soldier who served in Afghanistan, described the situation as “the sun setting over some really pretty terrible decisions by the west over a number of years”.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  She's a cunt, but it would be the best thing to happen since the 2016 election.

And it would take the "1st female President!" card away from them in 2024.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was just thinking this.

Only thing that makes sense is this admin and all mil brass have changed course from "tactical retreat" to "unconditional surrender, please let us go home" mode.
View Quote

A weeks ago we were shooting at them. Now, the top military leaders are relying on them for protection and safe passage. They gave them a list of names we want to evac
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue for them is they would need all 50 democrats and one republican in the senate to confirm the new VP. If all 50 Republicans held firm, they could block any VP from being confirmed.

But I have little doubt at least one would vote to confirm.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh FFS, they wouldn't "lose their tiebreaker vote".  The new democrat VP would still vote with the democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS, they wouldn't "lose their tiebreaker vote".  The new democrat VP would still vote with the democrats.
So you do understand the nomination of a new VP would require a majority vote of both houses, right? And if there is a tie in the Senate and there is no sitting VP, there is no tie-breaking vote, and thus no VP.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to kick some funds over to an appropriate charity that will assist the families of the fallen soldiers.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Is it Semper Fi Fund?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a few other good ones too. But the majority suck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Statement from Trump

“Melania and I send our deepest condolences to the families of our brilliant and brave Service Members whose duty to the U.S.A. meant so much to them. Our thoughts are also with the families of the innocent civilians who died today in the savage Kabul attack.

This tragedy should never have been allowed to happen, which makes our grief even deeper and more difficult to understand.

View Quote

Short, right to the point and not going for the throat.....yet. Well done, Mr. Trump!

Although he will get the blame for this somehow.....or Covid....or Climate change.......
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We should have let the Japanese provide security in September of 45 too..................are these fucking clowns proud of themselves !!
View Quote

You probably could have done that. The Japanese were, if nothing else, honorable. If they gave their word, they would have kept it.
This lot are quite different.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is the world we live in where our Military leaders are telling us to rely on the GOD DAMNED Taliban for security while we leave people behind.

And we GAVE them the list of people who helped us.
View Quote

all seems to be working our well, rainbow flags still up?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Was just thinking this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have we ever in our history relied upon our enemy for security in a tactical retreat situation? I can't think of an analogue here. I can't wrap my head around how bizarre and idiotic this entire situation is.

Was just thinking this.

It would be 1842 all over again. And we have learned nothing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This administration is kneecapping the United States.
View Quote
That's the plan, it's all intentional

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Newsmax just said the SIV Document printer has fallen into the hands of the Taliban!

Holy shit
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Agreed.  She's a cunt, but it would be the best thing to happen since the 2016 election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why they’ll do everything possible to keep that from happening.
No fucking way they allow potato to be impeached or 25th’d
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I am in utter disbelief at what this disgusting group of traitors have done to our Country.  I'm literally heartbroken.  I am feeling the same emotions I have felt when I lost a close family member.  They are actively trying to kill OUR COUNTRY.  My sadness has quickly turning to anger.

I am debating with myself to go outside and hang my American flag upside down.  Because we, as a nation need help.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not sure she'd last more than a week in office.  She's barely functional as VP, even with all the propping up by her peers and the media.  The added strain and exposure of the Presidency would likely collapse her like a house of cards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't see how she would do worse and be less functional then Biden.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The issue for them is they would need all 50 democrats and one republican in the senate to confirm the new VP. If all 50 Republicans held firm, they could block any VP from being confirmed.

But I have little doubt at least one would vote to confirm.
View Quote

Oh, I’m sure they would do it “for the Country, to preserve continuity of government”.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
unfuckingbelievable

eta- I should say, Previously unfuckingbelievable but this is Biden administration now, not unbelievable at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Statement from Trump

View Quote

The real President.  This regime that was installed can't even organize a press conference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I may not agree with 70% of most poster's politics and thoughts on this board... but this incident has me enraged.

At the moment, there are 12 people's families who know their kin aren't coming home.

After 20 years of countless losses in a country that is known to be where armies go to die, that is an additional 12 too many.

Bring our folks home and let that place burn to the fucking ground.

smh
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Newsmax just said the SIV Document printer has fallen into the hands of the Taliban!

Holy shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well why doesn’t he do something?

Just using this to get in a few political jabs isn’t doing anyone any good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am in utter disbelief at what this disgusting group of traitors have done to our Country.  I'm literally heartbroken.  I am feeling the same emotions I have felt when I lost a close family member.  They are actively trying to kill OUR COUNTRY.  My sadness has quickly turning to anger.

I am debating with myself to go outside and hang my American flag upside down.  Because we, as a nation need help.
View Quote

"Build back better"
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Statement from Trump

View Quote

Won't hear anything like that from the potato.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit

You said another thing I agree with.

I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Holy shit
View Quote
Not the first time. There's been other instances in the past where they got their hands on similar equipment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If this Cocksucker shows up to greet  the  C130 arriving with the flag draped coffins of our boys………..I’m gunna blow a head gasket.
View Quote

Have to be a bit more specific:
Page / 59
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top