Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'n starting to wish he would get impeached for something, because we would probably be much better off with Pence.
View Quote
Think again.
Our former governor is very good at following orders.
If he were president, the orders he would be given would make you very unhappy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Don't whine because of me. I'm not the one screwing this country over. I get the same damned choices everyone else does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

"At least _________."

Don't whine because of me. I'm not the one screwing this country over. I get the same damned choices everyone else does.
Whine?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Think again.
Our former governor is very good at following orders.
If he were president, the orders he would be given would make you very unhappy.
View Quote
He really does appear to be a "yes man"..............
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
So was this guy hand selected and vetted by Trump or did he delegate this duty to someone else?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trump is not concerned with one issue voters. He decided that it was a waste of time to fight over the 9th. If he would have succeeded in placing a strong pro-2nd judge into that cesspool, after numerous blocking moves by the DNC, then there would have been 1 out of what, 25?

He should fight for every last inch of territory, but if in this day and age, you were expecting a Founding Father to rise up from the grave and possess Trump, well... there are no electable hardliners anymore, except in Arfcom's wet dreams.

Nobody better could have kept us from President Hillary Clinton. That's been proven already. If you want to bail, by all means, go ahead. We may as well drown in the sea after our one issue ship sinks. Democrats everywhere. Then, we can shake our fists and act like it was everyone else's fault that we bailed and have to deal with some wretched bitch like "President Winfrey". Unless, of course, the hardliners here think that there's someone else out there, not some fantasy candidate that you're sporting morning wood to, who can defy and enrage the tyrants better than Trump.

I'm not defending him. I know that it sounds like I am. I just don't see any alternative at the moment except either look at the big picture, or pray that the reset button gets pressed sooner rather than later.

In my fantasy, Cruz would have been The Man, but then, even if he would have defeated Trump and then Clinton, I dare say that we'd be at least as disappointed with him as we are with Trump right now.
View Quote
Oh you say President Winfrey eh?

That's quite ironic, since your boy Trump is on record saying that he would pick Oprah as his VP if he ever had the chance to be POTUS years ago.  

Apparently, he thinks she would make a fine POTUS why don't you?  You going to go back to playing fake conservative now?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
It was so fucking simple.........all the fuck Trump had to do in the main was be totally pro gun.............it was SO FUCKING EASY..........

I could forgive him for almost EVERYTHING else...........but not this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ok, since you are so logical, sane and smart.............please explain to me how someone can nominate Gorsuch and then a guy like Bennett???
View Quote
As I have suggested before, perhaps Gorsuch isn't exactly what you were lead to believe is his.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#8]
If he is indeed playing 4D chess then I hope the scenario mentioned earlier where he demands a conservative SCOTUS nominee be confirmed in exchange for his bad appointment to the Ninth is brought up.  Of course the Democrat's will argue there is a big difference between a District Court and the Supreme Court.  Of course if the Senate flips in November, then all bets are off for a 51 vote confirmation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We could NOT LET the Beast win.........that was TOTALLY unthinkable.
View Quote
Then it's war. It's coming anyway and all pretenses to the contrary are wishful thinking. Well, that or pissing your pants submission. Choose.

@RDak
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You people need help.  Actual mental help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he screws us on the wall, I'm done with him.

But I'd rather he put an anti into the 9th circus than SCOTUS. The 9th is already the most overturned court, so giving the lib 9th another lib may not be the end of the world.

I am far more concerned with who he puts into SCOTUS.

If his strategy is to give the libs a win in the 9th and then argue he is owed his choice (a pro-gun conservative) for SCOTUS, I can go along with that.

But still, in the back of my mind is that nagging belief that Trump's a NYC elitist and will always default to that behavior because that's who he is.
What do you mean by "you people?" If you mean Californians, I agree, we need help. If you mean Trump voters, I am not a member of that group, so you're barking up the wrong tree.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You better start believing an AWB is coming and it'll be the republicans and trump passing it.
View Quote
No it won’t.

If it happens it will be after the mid terms and the R’s have lost not only seats, but possibly control.

There wasn’t a law passed to ban bump stocks. But there was executive action.

That’s the irony here. We have to trust the Republicans in the house and senate, who we accuse of having no backbone, to defend the 2A against the guy we were told had the backbone to stand up to the swamp.

Reps and Senators from strong 2A states aren’t going to flip on that issue because they don’t get elected by voters from anti-2A states.

Just like it always does, it comes down to swing voters in the midterms who could abandon Trump and elect Democrats to the vulnerable seats. If that happens, then we’re looking at bans and restrictions. New Democrats will tow the line to curry favor with party leaders.

It used to be that Dems realized gun control could hurt them in elections. But with the current fervor over more restrictions, it could be that they no longer fear it as an issue and think the population has shifted in its opinions about guns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As I have suggested before, perhaps Gorsuch isn't exactly what you were lead to believe is his.
View Quote
Well that isn't really etched in stone.................yet......................
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Then it's war. It's coming anyway and all pretenses to the contrary are wishful thinking. Well, that or pissing your pants submission. Choose.

@RDak
View Quote
I am not turning in my guns.........ETA:  nevermind the rest of what I typed............
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some dip vetted the judge and left out that detail and Trump has no idea.
View Quote
This is what I'm thinking. People here act like the president has the ability to oversee and micro manage everything his administration does.

Now...if Trump hand selected this guy then that's different. If Trump continues to support this guy after his 2A stance has been publicized that is different.

Hopefully the R's do not confirm this pick. Can the POTUS un-nominate someone?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am not turning in my guns.........ETA:  nevermind the rest of what I typed............
View Quote
I know, I know.....Some folks always arrive late to the party though.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ok, since you are so logical, sane and smart.............please explain to me how someone can nominate Gorsuch and then a guy like Bennett???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone loves to rationalize their support for the very things they purport to despise.  It's alot easier than saying I was wrong. It's the battered wife syndrome..."yea he beats the fuck out me once a month, but he loves me and I don't want to be alone."  There is no other way to explain it.

Sure, it's the 9th but I don't give a shit. You don't change the courts overnight, it's a slow process and it fucking starts with not wasting the opportunity when presented.  Even nominating one liberal sets up back immensely because of the frequency these become available.

The courts were one of the only things I cared about and he's nominating fucking liberals to the fucking appeals court?  Are you fucking kidding me?  How much more does he have to do before you can see who he is?

He doesn't "need" to give the libs a win on shit when it comes to nominating judges.  It serves no fucking purpose whatsoever.

Why do you bring up Gorsuch?  What does he have to do with this?  He did his fucking job and didn't appoint a fucking liberal to SCOTUS....should I be wetting my pants and do you want a cookie?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If I'm wrong, I'll feel crushed and eat crow- and you'll hear a lot more about Ambivalent Epilogue. But I think we're only getting part of the picture...war is deception. I'll be damned if I were in control and let even supporting members of the public have open source access to my chess pieces or where they stood.

View Quote
The deception in war is when you deceive your opponent in where you intend to attack and defend. There is no way to win when you actually do NOT attack or defend.

Appointing anti gun judges is not deception. There isn’t any feint or strategy in that. There’s no way to gain somewhere else by giving in here. That’s not how the federal court system works.

Trump has simply surrendered, probably because he never really gave a damn about the 2A to begin with. The problem he has is that the Dems really do care about the 2A...they want to kill it. There are no deals to be made to protect the 2A with people who want it eliminated. The two goals are mutually exclusive and in direct contradiction to each other.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Everyone loves to rationalize their support for the very things they purport to despise.  It's alot easier than saying I was wrong. It's the battered wife syndrome..."yea he beats the fuck out me once a month, but he loves me and I don't want to be alone."  There is no other way to explain it.

Sure, it's the 9th but I don't give a shit. You don't change the courts overnight, it's a slow process and it fucking starts with not wasting the opportunity when presented.  Even nominating one liberal sets up back immensely because of the frequency these become available.

The courts were one of the only things I cared about and he's nominating fucking liberals to the fucking appeals court?  Are you fucking kidding me?  How much more does he have to do before you can see who he is?

He doesn't "need" to give the libs a win on shit when it comes to nominating judges.  It serves no fucking purpose whatsoever.

Why do you bring up Gorsuch?  What does he have to do with this?  He did his fucking job and didn't appoint a fucking liberal to SCOTUS....should I be wetting my pants and do you want a cookie?
View Quote
I understand now.........I brought up Gorsuch because you would think someone who picks a guy who appears conservative, etc., and was trashed by the libtards in the confirmation hearing would NOT pick a Bennett.

It is ILLOGICAL for someone to pick two nominations who appear to be so diametrically opposed.

Now that I know that you are talking about people who still are ok with Trump doing this I should NOT have asked the question but I didn't understand where you were coming from with your insulting post.

Now I know what you meant and AGREE that Bennett is an asshole pick by Trump and it is an ILLOGICAL pick when a year ago he picks a guy like Gorsuch.  (And he has picked some other conservative judges also......so why the fuck BENNETT?????)
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh just stop with this shit.

The only reason you were duped was because you allowed yourself to be, I would argue some even wanted to be, but I digress.

He was a lifelong liberal democrat from NYC and his views throughout his adult life were very well documented.  Those views were saying numerous times that he wasn't happy with Obamacare because it didn't go far enough and he wanted single payer setup like Canada, had supported AWB's virtually every time ever asked or questioned, supported vast overreaches of eminent domain laws for private corps, and had fully supported amnesty, as well as Obama, Clinton, and most other lib pols that held any weight.

He was literally hated by EVERYONE as a liberal democrat here no more than 6 months before his "tough talk" campaign started.  You guys literally became sycophants over a guy that despised everything you believed in and told you so every day of his adult life until one day he woke up and needed your vote.  The only reason you and others couldn't see it is because he hadn't been a politician and there was no voting record so you believed what you WANTED to believe.

This was no different than Schumer or Pelosi waking up one day and deciding to become a conservative, giving a couple speeches with edgy, controversial sound bites on immigration and then telling you all how much she supports the 2a and other conservative principles now.  And then you sitting there going "fuck yea, this is the one.  I am sure she has changed, I mean just listen to her.  She wants to MAGA!".....can you imagine yourself doing that?  Because that's what happened and how obvious it was to anyone who could take emotion out of the equation and look at it objectively.

You guys deserve a big old fat I told you so on this one, because fucking god help us all that there were so many people that "couldn't see this coming".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I'd rather he put an anti into the 9th circus than SCOTUS. The 9th is already the most overturned court, so giving the lib 9th another lib may not be the end of the world.

If his strategy is to give the libs a win in the 9th and then argue he is owed his choice (a pro-gun conservative) for SCOTUS, I can go along with that.

But still, in the back of my mind is that nagging belief that Trump's a NYC elitist and will always default to that behavior because that's who he is.
This isn't just a nagging belief. It's cold, hard reality, finally able to peek out from the bluster he used to get elected.

It isn't easy for people to admit they were duped. Nobody wants to believe they were duped. But we were all duped.

The only reason you were duped was because you allowed yourself to be, I would argue some even wanted to be, but I digress.

He was a lifelong liberal democrat from NYC and his views throughout his adult life were very well documented.  Those views were saying numerous times that he wasn't happy with Obamacare because it didn't go far enough and he wanted single payer setup like Canada, had supported AWB's virtually every time ever asked or questioned, supported vast overreaches of eminent domain laws for private corps, and had fully supported amnesty, as well as Obama, Clinton, and most other lib pols that held any weight.

He was literally hated by EVERYONE as a liberal democrat here no more than 6 months before his "tough talk" campaign started.  You guys literally became sycophants over a guy that despised everything you believed in and told you so every day of his adult life until one day he woke up and needed your vote.  The only reason you and others couldn't see it is because he hadn't been a politician and there was no voting record so you believed what you WANTED to believe.

This was no different than Schumer or Pelosi waking up one day and deciding to become a conservative, giving a couple speeches with edgy, controversial sound bites on immigration and then telling you all how much she supports the 2a and other conservative principles now.  And then you sitting there going "fuck yea, this is the one.  I am sure she has changed, I mean just listen to her.  She wants to MAGA!".....can you imagine yourself doing that?  Because that's what happened and how obvious it was to anyone who could take emotion out of the equation and look at it objectively.

You guys deserve a big old fat I told you so on this one, because fucking god help us all that there were so many people that "couldn't see this coming".
Your exactly right. 120million people voted for two of the worst candidates in history. It’s astonishing, scary and sad.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Whine?
View Quote
I apologize. I was trying to choose between Tourette's and whining. I chose the latter... poorly.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trump isn't what his supporters thought he was.  He was never what his supporters thought he was.  He played them.  
View Quote
It's always been hard to tell exactly what Trump is at least until he actually does something.

We got what seems like a good, solid conservative SCOTUS pick.  If nothing else that was absolutely crucial.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's quite ironic, since your boy Trump is on record saying that he would pick Oprah as his VP if he ever had the chance to be POTUS years ago.  

Apparently, he thinks she would make a fine POTUS why don't you?  You going to go back to playing fake conservative now?
View Quote
You're a real fucking genius, you know that? You should stick to shoveling shit, because your mind-reading abilities leave much to be desired. I don't have to agree with every last thing that gets cranked up in your overclocked ape brain to be able to call myself conservative.

In my professional opinion, I suggest that you stick to replying to posts of a couple of sentences or less, so that you can wrap your mind around the entire sentiment before replying.

P.S. My "boy" wasn't Trump, except when the choice became Clinton vs. Trump.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol
Not all of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't just a nagging belief. It's cold, hard reality, finally able to peek out from the bluster he used to get elected.

It isn't easy for people to admit they were duped. Nobody wants to believe they were duped. But we were all duped.
lol
Not all of us.
Yes, Virginia- we as a nation - including you and anyone like me who voted “not Hillary” were duped.

I had my well documented concerns about Trump but even I am surprised at the Art of the Sellout that is happening.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy slugger. Clearly you haven’t seen my 20,000 posts critical of Trump so I’ll let you slide on this one. That’s how far off base you are.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is not concerned with one issue voters. He decided that it was a waste of time to fight over the 9th. If he would have succeeded in placing a strong pro-2nd judge into that cesspool, after numerous blocking moves by the DNC, then there would have been 1 out of what, 25?

He should fight for every last inch of territory, but if in this day and age, you were expecting a Founding Father to rise up from the grave and possess Trump, well... there are no electable hardliners anymore, except in Arfcom's wet dreams.

Nobody better could have kept us from President Hillary Clinton. That's been proven already. If you want to bail, by all means, go ahead. We may as well drown in the sea after our one issue ship sinks. Democrats everywhere. Then, we can shake our fists and act like it was everyone else's fault that we bailed and have to deal with some wretched bitch like "President Winfrey". Unless, of course, the hardliners here think that there's someone else out there, not some fantasy candidate that you're sporting morning wood to, who can defy and enrage the tyrants better than Trump.

I'm not defending him. I know that it sounds like I am. I just don't see any alternative at the moment except either look at the big picture, or pray that the reset button gets pressed sooner rather than later.

In my fantasy, Cruz would have been The Man, but then, even if he would have defeated Trump and then Clinton, I dare say that we'd be at least as disappointed with him as we are with Trump right now.

Yep, he did get one thing wrong, it will be Potus "KAMALA HARRIS" not Winfrey, and remember KAMALA HATES YOU & will do everything in her power to eliminate you/me & everyone who thinks like us.
I will never stay home or vote 3rd party again, I will always vote Republican. 1988 & Ross Perot taught me that lesson.
If not for Perot, Hillary would be remembered only as that ugly nasty cunt who was married to that jerkoff from Arkansas who ran for Potus in 1988!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Gun control
Involving us in foreign wars
Anti free trade
Putting antigun judges on the bench
Obamacare still in place
Whats next? An AWB?

Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who was our 'true conservative' option though?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All these people claiming they were conned or that Trump stabbed them in the back are forgetting that those of us who said this would happen were labeled "snowflake Clinton commies". The fact is Trump never hid this. He never campaigned as a conservative, he campaigned as a populist outsider, which is EXACTLY what we got. When we tried to raise the alarm regarding Trump coming out as supporting waiting periods and AWBs, we mostly heard about how "evolved" he is. He said while campaigning that people who buy large amounts of ammunition and body armor should be "red flagged" and that without due process being put on a terror watch list or no-fly list should make you unable to purchase a gun, we mostly heard how we were snowflake betas. You weren't conned or stabbed in the back. You convinced yourselves, you did it because you decided to worship a person instead of ideals, policy, or values. The chickens came home to roost.

Want a silver lining? The 9th Circuit is already a terrible court and a single justice selection won't change it much one way or the other. Or try going with a lesson, like voting for a true conservative and not some third way DC outsider Clinton donating bullshit. Just my $0.02.
Who was our 'true conservative' option though?
Topping the list would have been Ted Cruz or Rand Paul.

Following up as "pretty conservative" would have been Rick Perry, Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, maybe Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina (Cruz liked her well enough).

Quoted:
Quoted:
What the actual fuck?
I'll tell you what the actual fuck.

Trump appears to have concluded that the gun community abandoned him already over the Bump Stocks thing.   This community in particular lost its shit, thinking that if the 2A does not allow pseudo full auto despite 80+ years of NFA regs and Just SCALIA saying full auto could be regulated right in the Heller opinion,  then the 2A means nothing and they told Trump he had lost all their support.

Gun owners had a conniption over bump stocks even though there's no possible way Americans watch that video from Vegas and take our side on bump stocks.   But we freaked the fuck out and said, "fuck Trump" and now he's taking us at our words.

Having already blown our load over bump stocks, gun owners got themselves written off.   Trump's a populist.   You tell him you're dropping out of the coalition for infraction "a", then he's not going to bother trying to make you happy when the time comes to consider whether to commit infraction "b"

Just my 2 cents.
Bitch shouldn't have worn an outfit like that if she didn't want to get raped. AMIRITE?

Quoted:
So was this guy hand selected and vetted by Trump or did he delegate this duty to someone else?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Topping the list would have been Ted Cruz or Rand Paul.

Following up as "pretty conservative" would have been Rick Perry, Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, maybe Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina (Cruz liked her well enough).

Bitch shouldn't have worn an outfit like that if she didn't want to get raped. AMIRITE?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102941/the_buck_stops_here_oval_office-512587.JPG
View Quote
You are right but my question is still valid and it would determine whether Trump is a democrat who played us like many here are proclaiming or whether this was an unintentional fuck up by Trump.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You are right but my question is still valid and it would determine whether Trump is a democrat who played us like many here are proclaiming or whether this was an unintentional fuck up by Trump.
View Quote
Trump is Absolutely NOT a Democrat, If he was a Democrat The Deep State Commies would not be pulling out all the stops to DESTROY HIM as they are currently doing.
They fear & loathe Trump!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is what I'm thinking. People here act like the president has the ability to oversee and micro manage everything his administration does.

Now...if Trump hand selected this guy then that's different. If Trump continues to support this guy after his 2A stance has been publicized that is different.

View Quote
Wrong, federal judicial appointments are not determined by some staffer... recommended, sure. Determined? No! That's Trump's call. This guy wasn't some obscure judge off a backwater bench. This guy was the fucking ATTORNEY GENERAL of second amendment hell hole Hawaii!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Congress can block it right?
View Quote
Yes, but they wont
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some dip vetted the judge and left out that detail and Trump has no idea.

lol Oblivious and uninvolved.

That's not the guy he was portrayed as in the primaries.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Wrong, federal judicial appointments are not determined by some staffer... recommended, sure. Determined? No! That's Trump's call. This guy wasn't some obscure judge off a backwater bench. This guy was the fucking ATTORNEY GENERAL of second amendment hell hole Hawaii!
View Quote
Obviously it's Trump's call. Whether Trump nominated him knowing his political leanings, hand selected him or whether Trump trusted the judgment of whoever recommended him and said "okay sure". The latter is a fuck up on his part and he should be called out on it but it doesn't make him a fake Republican turncoat like many here are calling him.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeh more ass rape from Trump MagA
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't support Trump, nor did I vote for him. He carried Texas by 500k votes so it's not like it mattered to anyone but me. I strongly suspected we would get exactly what we are getting....or worse...
Yes. we beat the beast. So there's that.
And we got Gorsuch.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Trump is Absolutely NOT a Democrat, If he was a Democrat The Deep State Commies would not be pulling out all the stops to DESTROY HIM as they are currently doing.
View Quote
This guy was a gimme for Reinhardt.....a "lion of liberalism" in the dems eyes.  The more obscure the justice the more likely you get a partisan pick that just gets delayed for months.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe it'd be better if Mueller found solid dirt on Trump and he was forced to resign or get impeached and prosecuted.

I can't imagine Mike Pence fucking us over like this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe it'd be better if Mueller found solid dirt on Trump and he was forced to resign or get impeached and prosecuted.

View Quote
I think he would do whatever the Party told him to.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
yeah well trump is anti gun so yeah....
View Quote
That's likely the smartest, most insightful damn thing you've ever posted on this site.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I think I  getting off the train. Free MAGA hat if anyone wants it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
*golfclap*

What's worse than them, however, are all the others who STILL believe in their dream image of Trump as a conservative.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#42]
We still picked the lesser of 2 evils.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, that would be a shit show.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#44]
A hard core conservative doesnt have the numbers to win anymore.   Trump won with the liberal union rust belt.  Wouldnt have happened with a bible thumping republican
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We still picked the lesser of 2 evils.
View Quote
Many of us understood that; the list of candidates in 2016 was really depressing. I said at the time whoever got elected would be a one term President, I still believe that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I understand now.........I brought up Gorsuch because you would think someone who picks a guy who appears conservative, etc., and was trashed by the libtards in the confirmation hearing would NOT pick a Bennett.

It is ILLOGICAL for someone to pick two nominations who appear to be so diametrically opposed.

Now that I know that you are talking about people who still are ok with Trump doing this I should NOT have asked the question but I didn't understand where you were coming from with your insulting post.

Now I know what you meant and AGREE that Bennett is an asshole pick by Trump and it is an ILLOGICAL pick when a year ago he picks a guy like Gorsuch.  (And he has picked some other conservative judges also......so why the fuck BENNETT?????)
View Quote
One thing to note is that Repubs nominate a range of judges.

Dems only nominate crap judges.

Repubs nominate crap judges, swing judges and good judges.

I'm talking over the course of decades. What Trump will end up doing I don't know. I find it odd that he is harming his base. He has few friends outside his base, it doesn't seem to be a smart move.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Most of the people talking trash do not call, write, email their Congressman & Senators. The assholes who committed to HPA, National CCW, then never did a damn thing about it for a year. Most of the same people will not even call the NRA about their complete asshattery on Bump Stocks or Marion Hammer. But they will come on here and bitch about a Federal Judge nominee, something they never even talked about when Obama or Bush was in office.
View Quote
I love how you put absolutely no blame for this on Trump or the GOPe.  You've got that beaten wife syndrome going on full bore.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
All these people claiming they were conned or that Trump stabbed them in the back are forgetting that those of us who said this would happen were labeled "snowflake Clinton commies". The fact is Trump never hid this. He never campaigned as a conservative, he campaigned as a populist outsider, which is EXACTLY what we got. When we tried to raise the alarm regarding Trump coming out as supporting waiting periods and AWBs, we mostly heard about how "evolved" he is. He said while campaigning that people who buy large amounts of ammunition and body armor should be "red flagged" and that without due process being put on a terror watch list or no-fly list should make you unable to purchase a gun, we mostly heard how we were snowflake betas. You weren't conned or stabbed in the back. You convinced yourselves, you did it because you decided to worship a person instead of ideals, policy, or values. The chickens came home to roost.

Want a silver lining? The 9th Circuit is already a terrible court and a single justice selection won't change it much one way or the other. Or try going with a lesson, like voting for a true conservative and not some third way DC outsider Clinton donating bullshit. Just my $0.02.
View Quote
Agreed.

The AlwaysTrumpers 'conned' themselves.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A hard core conservative doesnt have the numbers to win anymore.   Trump won with the liberal union rust belt.  Wouldnt have happened with a bible thumping republican
View Quote
Yes, but the rust belt white union voters are not all that liberal. In particular they tend to be pro gun.

It strikes me Trump's moves on guns reflects a lack of understanding of the issue. The media distorts the gun debate. I suspect Trump's understanding is shallow and based upon the media distortion.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. He's not a Democrat, but he lacks political stamina and discipline. He's too willing to cut a deal, and his personality only works if he's pushing Democrats around. When they push him around, his shtick looks buffoonish.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top