BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 320
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
The more that comes out, the less this seems like a coincidence.  Spotted beforehand, supposed ladder left to the roof, literally nobody watching his approach point, officers INSIDE THE DAMN BUILDING HE FIRED FROM!

Is Crooks just the luckiest motherfucker on the planet to show up with a rifle and the conditions just happened to be perfect for him to access a roof with concealment from the sniper teams and a clear line of sight for a chip shot at a former POTUS and presumptive nominee?  It's getting hard to believe this was all just incompetence and a shooter randomly picked the day when the incompetence was on full display.
View Quote

I think so.  How many of these things happen where they quietly wrap the dude up and nobody ever hears about it?  Probably more often than you think.

Right now there's a USMC infantry company in the field with a firewatch posted and I guarantee you can walk away with a pile of gear a surprising percentage of the time because they're complacent and fucking off...  I get it this is a much higher priority.. but it's 2024 and it's hot outside...
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cash50:

Bro that's a really silly idea.

Plenty of men do it that too.

These are just humans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cash50:
Originally Posted By Mooseless:
Originally Posted By Kihn:

She is going to be downright offended at the implication that her 'incompetence' had anything to do with it. And resent the sexism that goes along with that.

Women barely ever take responsibility for anything that happens in their personal lives. Why should we expect any different in their professional ones?

Bro that's a really silly idea.

Plenty of men do it that too.

These are just humans.

True and, as I mentioned above, those people, regardless of gender, should be dis-qualified for positions of responsibility.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PetroAggie07:

The other sniper teams were on sloped roofs.
View Quote

I know

but she decided the building with the same pitched roof where there was a clear line of sight to the stage and a security threat  the LEO snipers  were to remain in the building .
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
Cheatle told ABC News her first reaction to the shooting was "shock."

The director acknowledged the incident never should have happened and confirmed that the shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, had been identified as a person of interest. But by the time Crooks was located, it was too late to stop his bullets.

"The shooter was actually identified as a potential person of suspicion," she said. "Unfortunately, with the rapid succession of how things unfolded, by the time that individual was eventually located, they were on the rooftop and were able to fire off at the former president."

She also said the Secret Service was aware of the security vulnerabilities presented by the building Crooks took a sniper's position on to aim at Trump. However, a decision was made not to place any personnel on the roof.

"That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof. And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside."

Fox News' Tamara Gitt contributed to this update
View Quote

Is she forgetting the two USSS CSTs on sloped roofs directly behind the president?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NwG:
Radio saying the ladder belonged to the local LE team and they left it in place and went inside.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Even if i am not american, i was shocked tonight when i saw the news. Since i am at work and this theead is 200+ pages, i surely missed something

1) wtf, how can the security of the most powerful government in the world suck this bad? An armed guy in  plain sight over a freaking roof with an AR at 130 m from Trump was able to position himself and take several shots?? This makes me wonder..
2) luckily that child was a terrible shot
3) i have heard that the child is a republican. I imagine it is BS from the left right?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

His nugget was very intact for a 300WM SMK hit. The damage does look more like a FMJ 5.56 to me.
View Quote

That's why they don't suggest SMKs for hunting. It doesn't expand reliably.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

Holy shit. These fuckers are insane. So much for unity and toning down of the rhetoric.  Fucker straight doubled down.  Surprised they made it this long honestly. This is why we cannot take the high road against these evil cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

Is she forgetting the two USSS CSTs on sloped roofs directly behind the president?  
View Quote

I don't think she forgot anything
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:58:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#10]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
The more that comes out, the less this seems like a coincidence.  Spotted beforehand, supposed ladder left to the roof, literally nobody watching his approach point, officers INSIDE THE DAMN BUILDING HE FIRED FROM!

Is Crooks just the luckiest motherfucker on the planet to show up with a rifle and the conditions just happened to be perfect for him to access a roof with concealment from the sniper teams and a clear line of sight for a chip shot at a former POTUS and presumptive nominee?  It's getting hard to believe this was all just incompetence and a shooter randomly picked the day when the incompetence was on full display.
View Quote

Careful!  We’re already living in a world cram-full of conspiracy theories that are turning out to be true!

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ssimo:
Even if i am not american, i was shocked tonight when i saw the news. Since i am at work and this theead is 200+ pages, i surely missed something

1) wtf, how can the security of the most powerful government in the world suck this bad? An armed guy in  plain sight over a freaking roof with an AR at 130 m from Trump was able to position himself and take several shots?? This makes me wonder.. because he was allowed to
2) luckily that child was a terrible shot he wasn't. But he was foolish for going for a headshot for dramatic effect, as well as being ill-equipped.
3) i have heard that the child is a republican. I imagine it is BS from the left right? he registered as R to vote in R primaries. Means nothing.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Well, see, that's different.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#13]

She is going to be downright offended at the implication that her 'incompetence' had anything to do with it. And resent the sexism that goes along with that.
View All Quotes

The director acknowledged the incident never should have happened and confirmed that the shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, had been identified as a person of interest. But by the time Crooks was located, it was too late to stop his bullets.

"The shooter was actually identified as a potential person of suspicion," she said. "Unfortunately, with the rapid succession of how things unfolded, by the time that individual was eventually located, they were on the rooftop and were able to fire off at the former president."

She also said the Secret Service was aware of the security vulnerabilities presented by the building Crooks took a sniper's position on to aim at Trump. However, a decision was made not to place any personnel on the roof.

"That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof. And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside."

There were CS teams on roofs at that event with steeper slopes at that event. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

View Quote

Why do you say he was not a terrible shot? Every decent (not good) shooter should be able to hit a head at 130 m from prone with several shots from a low recoiling rifle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BRS1912:

Is it though? Inside job can mean many things. How do you explain that horrible SS stuff? Presidents get 100 percent SS attention. Period. To leave that up to chance or babies that couldn't stand the heat...yeah no. Something smells.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BRS1912:
Originally Posted By 50cal:
All the "inside job" are kind of laughable. For a job with the far reaching implications that this would have had and the powers that be pick a goof ball and have him use a red dot instead of a scope with some magnification.
Yeah, top tier talent on that job.

Is it though? Inside job can mean many things. How do you explain that horrible SS stuff? Presidents get 100 percent SS attention. Period. To leave that up to chance or babies that couldn't stand the heat...yeah no. Something smells.

How many different things can an "inside job" mean?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:03:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#16]
Tim Burchett (R-TN) Claims Trump Shooter Was 'Radicalized By This Administration And The Media'

Tim Burchett Claims Trump Shooter Was 'Radicalized By This Administration And The Media'
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By midmo:

All that horseshit aside, she failed catastrophically at the one duty her agency exists for.  Period.  Keeping her in that position in unacceptable.
View All Quotes

All that horseshit aside, she failed catastrophically at the one duty her agency exists for.  Period.  Keeping her in that position in unacceptable.

Alejandro Mayorkas is another one, too.  

I used to say a weatherman was the perfect job.  Who else could get so much wrong and still keep their job?

Now that distinction has been eclipsed by pretty much any department head of the federal government.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AJE:

@tree-hugger

You're going to be removed from the thread if you are only here to argue with other members.  Enough.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AJE:
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:
Originally Posted By doc540:
30 minutes of mere coincidences and a dozen "oopsies" by top security men.

This. Is. Not. An. Inside. Job.

/sarcasm

@tree-hugger

You're going to be removed from the thread if you are only here to argue with other members.  Enough.

No problem.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#19]
They are hell bent on keeping Trump from being reelected.   All bets are off and have been since November 2020.  Few people seem to grasp that fact.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#20]

It that's true they should be surgically castrated to ensure their defective genes have no more opportunity to swim in the pool.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NwG:
Radio saying the ladder belonged to the local LE team and they left it in place and went inside.

It that's true they should be surgically castrated to ensure their defective genes have no more opportunity to swim in the pool.

Laziness.  Things fall apart, and it takes a large amount of daily, largely unappreciated effort to beat back Entropy.

These additional revelations are fantastic news, by the way.  A conspiracy to groom some Ree Tardy Oswald to shoot a presidential candidate is a lot more troubling than this event coming about because standards don't matter anymore in the workplace, and we're falling below the critical number of competent people to keep things running.  Some guy is crawling around on your roof---that is your explicit responsibility as a specially-trained police officer---and you neither immediately tell USSS, nor investigate?

This chain of events would make perfect sense in a country like Kenya or Mexico.  Unfortunately, it's now happening here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
I was on the side of gross incompetence at first.  Everything COULD be explained by that, except for one thing.

Let's say that everything that lead up to him firing the shot was incompetence.  Not even a lunatic would think they would be able to get into position like that at that type of event, especially with a rifle.  Not only did he do just that, but he just so happened to pick the building that had line of sight AND the only one to have an unintentional security gap.

Yeah.  That fucking stinks.  I can buy incompetence.  What I can't buy is this guy being some super assassin that figured this all out.

View Quote

Autism.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#22]
False flag inbound.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
People who aren't plants, don't try to convince us they aren't plants.

People who have information, just post it, they don't clickbait tease horsechit for attention.

By all means, get on more ignore lists with absolute distain in the comments field while you pretend to have information we'll be interested in some more. That will SURELY help us all think you are the cool guy in the end.

View Quote

You've never been in a position where you're not allowed to comment on something publicly, and vast amounts of WRONG information is being shared, and it shows.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:08:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MiloBloom] [#24]
Originally Posted By Norsk:

M   a   y   b   e   .       B   u   t       I       t   h   i   n   k       i   t   '   s       t   h   e       f   a   r       r   i   g   h   t       c   o   r   n   e   r       o   f       y   o   u   r       P   i   c       h   e       w   a   s       o   n   .       B   e   c   a   u   s   e       o   v   e   r       t   h   e   r   e       h   e       w   o   u   l   d       b   e       g   e   t   t   i   n   g       o   v   e   r       t   o       t   h   e       A   C       u   n   i   t   s       a   n   d       t   h   e       l   o   w   e   r       c   o   n   n   e   c   t   i   o   n       b   e   t   w   e   e   n       t   h   e       t   w   o       b   u   i   l   d   i   n   g   s   .       T   h   e   y   '   r   e       b   o   t   h       d   a   r   k   e   r       c   o   n   c   r   e   t   e   .  

Another poster had it right. If he climbed up on the right side he would've been exposed. None of the videos show that.

Here are pics anyway. Trump is off to the Right

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/Screenshot_20240715_235912_Earth_jpg-3268148.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/Screenshot_20240715_235920_Earth_jpg-3268149.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Norsk:
Originally Posted By Riflenoob:

@Gtdhw

@Norsk

Think this is where he was, and where photo was taken? I do not see other things in street view like this.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8586539,-79.9713066,3a,53.2y,127.7h,94.33t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1srNh7xK0MJUYUYrIHS-ZcZw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DrNh7xK0MJUYUYrIHS-ZcZw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.share%26w%3D900%26h%3D600%26yaw%3D127.69869270542372%26pitch%3D-4.329565154477137%26thumbfov%3D90!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205410&entry=ttu

https://i.imgur.com/ch4zDmn.jpeg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172459/faggot_png-3268108.JPG

M   a   y   b   e   .       B   u   t       I       t   h   i   n   k       i   t   '   s       t   h   e       f   a   r       r   i   g   h   t       c   o   r   n   e   r       o   f       y   o   u   r       P   i   c       h   e       w   a   s       o   n   .       B   e   c   a   u   s   e       o   v   e   r       t   h   e   r   e       h   e       w   o   u   l   d       b   e       g   e   t   t   i   n   g       o   v   e   r       t   o       t   h   e       A   C       u   n   i   t   s       a   n   d       t   h   e       l   o   w   e   r       c   o   n   n   e   c   t   i   o   n       b   e   t   w   e   e   n       t   h   e       t   w   o       b   u   i   l   d   i   n   g   s   .       T   h   e   y   '   r   e       b   o   t   h       d   a   r   k   e   r       c   o   n   c   r   e   t   e   .  

Another poster had it right. If he climbed up on the right side he would've been exposed. None of the videos show that.

Here are pics anyway. Trump is off to the Right

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/Screenshot_20240715_235912_Earth_jpg-3268148.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/Screenshot_20240715_235920_Earth_jpg-3268149.JPG
I think he initially sat on the concrete stair landing at the opposite end of the building, and pic was taken out of Bldg. 6 , door #9, with douche looking into parking lot away from the grandstands. This pic was taken early, with him going back and forth to vehicle, presumptively multiple times.  LEO also stated that they thought he moved to "back" of building, which assumes that he was photographed at the "front".  Also, there's only a couple of locations where there's cement and grass, and sun position (towards SW) on shithead's right shoulder.

ETA: I think your location is more likely, at that time of day the corner I was looking at would probably be shaded.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:08:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#25]
Originally Posted By only1asterisk:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By only1asterisk:

Normally, I think Congressional grilling sessions are fairly pointless circle jerks, but she is going to have a rough go of it when these hearings start.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#26]

I don't think she forgot anything
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hadrian:
It is simply not believable that the kid had NO online presence.
View Quote

The kid has no online presence........anymore......
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Who took this picture?  It's confused me since I first saw it.  Where did it come from? It looks like whoever took it was taking it from above so does that mean they were on the roof at some point before he got up there? He's wearing the same shirt so likely taken the same day.  Why was it leaked so fast?

Was this kid a patsy?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ssimo:

Why do you say he was not a terrible shot? Every decent (not good) shooter should be able to hit a head at 130 m from prone with several shots from a low recoiling rifle.
View Quote

Trump happened to turn his head right as he shot the first round. And I believe the shooter had an unmagnified red dot optic. And still only missed killing him by an inch or two.

The first shot was his only real chance before Trump was down and covered. 3+ body shots would've been easy, but they wanted head exploding on live tv to masturbate to later.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Without knowing every detail of the detail...looking more like really bad communication between departments.

Secret Service has their sectors, and LEO has their sectors.
One counter sniper team isn't going to be able provide a 360 or even a 270 degree security.

One team may had bad visibility of that area. Another team provide security towards a different direction. Another team provides security over a different sector? And LEO providing security in an area that SS knew about, but LEO changed their minds on their set up.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:12:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#31]
Originally Posted By Rustler:
Who took this picture?  It's confused me since I first saw it.  Where did it come from? It looks like whoever took it was taking it from above so does that mean they were on the roof at some point before he got up there? He's wearing the same shirt so likely taken the same day.  Why was it leaked so fast?

Was this kid a patsy?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/167167/IMG_0294_jpeg-3268277.JPG
View Quote

Most likely the local LEO counter sniper guys who were in the 2 story building next to the sloped roof this kid eventually used as his sniper’s perch.

Go back 5-10 pages, there was a lot of discussion and postulation on it last night, complete with diagrams.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By doc540:
They are hell bent on keeping Trump from being reelected.   All bets are off and have been since November 2020.  Few people seem to grasp that fact.
View Quote

I believe the Left also has contingency plans in case Trump does come out ahead in the election.  He wasn’t supposed to win in 2016, either.

This time around, it’ll be a hell of a lot more that just a bunch of accusations of colluding with foreign influences on the election.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

While not common, it’s definitely plausible. He was constantly bullied and didn’t have friends.

I know people with nothing more than a LinkedIn account.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:
Originally Posted By Hadrian:
It is simply not believable that the kid had NO online presence.

While not common, it’s definitely plausible. He was constantly bullied and didn’t have friends.

I know people with nothing more than a LinkedIn account.

I believe that would make him more likely to go online, not less
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Women barely ever take responsibility for anything that happens in their personal lives. Why should we expect any different in their professional ones?
View All Quotes

Should be in 36 point bold font in the Introduction section of any management textbook.  

The women I have worked for and with, have been competent and often brilliant.  But Goddamn is it a rare one who will admit, "Damn, I screwed up," and not find some way to offload blame, distinguish what they did from a true failure or mistake, or otherwise offer a stream of excuses.  Those that have, were universally "Brought up Country", and I loved working for them.

Cue the Yeats poem...
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

There were CS teams on roofs at that event with steeper slopes at that event. What a ridiculous thing to say.

View Quote

yeah, that might be a 1.5'- 2.0': 12' pitch. Downright scary. Would explain why Crooks did not stand up on it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Rustler:

Was this kid a patsy?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/167167/IMG_0294_jpeg-3268277.JPG
View Quote

Not 100% sure but in another thread it seemed like this was taken by a cop who thought he was acting suspicious.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#37]

People who have information, just post it, they don't clickbait tease horsechit for attention.

By all means, get on more ignore lists with absolute distain in the comments field while you pretend to have information we'll be interested in some more. That will SURELY help us all think you are the cool guy in the end.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

Nothing to do with clout. I'll post about it WHEN I can. Thats all.

He posted a couple pages back and it seems he works at the gun range the kid went to, knew the kid (via the range, not personally?) and saw him shoot there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:16:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#38]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

False flag inbound.

View Quote

Morning Joe is pushing with one contributor that the assassination attempt on Trump was because Trump wasn't conservative enough. Tom Martin.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

False flag inbound.

View Quote

They've been yapping about "right wing violence" for the last 7 years and somehow it never materializes.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#40]
The part I'm struggling with is that he was smart enough to get a ladder, a potential explosive etc but he shows up dressed like a rally attendee and doesn't believe he should pop something a little more tacticool on to be a bit less obvious than some random person crawling on a roof with a gun?

That's why I'm leaning to this all being pure random dumbshittery on all sides.

And maybe it works, a sniper figures it's someone trying to get a better view of Trump before they realize he's armed because there's no possible way anyone should be able to get a gun there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TStick:

this can't be real.  

If it is, I have some photos to show her from this very thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TStick:

this can't be real.  

If it is, I have some photos to show her from this very thread.

I get the impression she doesn't know what she's talking about and combined a bunch of briefings together into what was said... think about how many times you've said something to a manager, and what gets passed along from them is a jumbled mess with 50% truths where they've combined different parts of what you told them...

Imagine her getting briefed that the snipers had a better view from the windows in the building to certain areas because the pitched roof put them further back, and then she says they weren't on the roof because it was pitched... amd everyone is now losing their minds...
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheFringe:

In 1949 or '50 I believe a mortally wounded Secret Service agent saved the life of Truman while guarding the Executive Mansion when the White House was being renovated. Two Puerto Rican terrorists had stormed the mansion and shot the agent which gave them a clear path to Truman who had heard the commotion from the 2nd floor of the structure. Agent returned fire just before he expired killing one or both of the terrorists. The incident marks the only time Secret Service has returned fire (before Butler) as well as the only Secret Service fatality protecting a VIP during an assassination attempt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheFringe:
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Originally Posted By -SkyRaider-:
Was this the first counter-sniper engagement on US soil in modern history?
Probably not.

In 1949 or '50 I believe a mortally wounded Secret Service agent saved the life of Truman while guarding the Executive Mansion when the White House was being renovated. Two Puerto Rican terrorists had stormed the mansion and shot the agent which gave them a clear path to Truman who had heard the commotion from the 2nd floor of the structure. Agent returned fire just before he expired killing one or both of the terrorists. The incident marks the only time Secret Service has returned fire (before Butler) as well as the only Secret Service fatality protecting a VIP during an assassination attempt.

Same guy who wrote the Bob Lee Swagger books wrote "American Gunfight," about that incident.  Decent history of that incident and day.

USSS---at least the protective teams---historically appeared to be quite reticent to use deadly force.  Duran, he of the spraying either an SKS or an AK at the White House from the sidewalk outside the fence---while Clinton was there!---was not killed by USSS.  He was tackled by bystanders and held for arrest.  I think we discussed at the time, the lunatic who sprinted across the lawn and actually made it into the White House first floor.  He wasn't killed either.  Hinkley was arrested, not shot, etc...  Maybe you can add the Cessna to the CONUS kills column, I dunno.  

Still, they don't appear to use their weapons near as often as popular culture would have you think they do.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By HRJ:

But they put snipers on two other sloped roofs.

View Quote

Because its bullshit, it wasn't because the roof was sloped. Its because they were hot. But there's no way she's going to say that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#45]
After reading through Cheatle the DEI USSS "leader's"  excuses, what ever happened to "The president does not get on stage until this issue is buttoned up"

They had multiple eye-witnesses
They had cause.
They had resources.
They had ALL THE TIME in the world (had they kept Trump off stage)

Imagine the headlines if they got the guy before any shots were fired.

"Dropped the ball" is the understatement of the century.

I can't help but think about what Nov 23rd, 1963 would have looked like had they missed JFK.  Probably a lot like this.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

So all these cops are in this metal building, they hear this guy crawling around on the roof and what...?

Drink more coffee?

View Quote

I have 3 metal buildings, if a bird lands on the roof I can hear it. It's hard for me to believe if there were police inside that same building they didn't hear Crooks crawling around up there and check it out. They must have been in the adjacent building.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Tim Burchett (R-TN): This Is My Question To The Secret Service After Trump Assassination Attempt

Tim Burchett: This Is My Question To The Secret Service After Trump Assassination Attempt
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#48]
So one time GWB was in Milwaukee and headed to the town just North of where I live (which I didn't know at the time but he was going to a local shoe manufacturer).  I leave work in the ghetto, get on the freeway, and there are no fucking cars.  At rush hour.  Huh, I notice there are cop cars, local, county, and state, at every on and off ramp and bodies posted on every overpass (including a railway).  But no other cars, in either direction.

What the fuck is going on?  I thought.  *shrug* Must have been an accident and the freeway was closed or something?  Maybe a chase?  Well I just kept driving and was never approached or pulled over.

Fast forward to my exit ramp almost fifteen minutes later and I was almost overtaken by the Presidential motorcade.  The locals on my off ramp (who weren't cops but rather the local emergency management services volunteers) are all staring at me like "where the fuck did you come from?".

Anyways, that is my personal experience with locals and/or assumedly bad comms fucking up a USSS protection plan.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:28:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigHorn] [#49]
The response by the director is even more baffling than I originally thought.

What the fuck.  None of what she said makes logical sense, which means she is either clueless on the matter, poorly briefed, a complete fucking moron, or there is more to this.

I’m pretty much at the mix of all 3, with an obviously incompetent team.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
The part I'm struggling with is that he was smart enough to get a ladder, a potential explosive etc but he shows up dressed like a rally attendee and doesn't believe he should pop something a little more tacticool on to be a bit less obvious than some random person crawling on a roof with a gun?

That's why I'm leaning to this all being pure random dumbshittery on all sides.

And maybe it works, a sniper figures it's someone trying to get a better view of Trump before they realize he's armed because there's no possible way anyone should be able to get a gun there.
View Quote

It appears the cops had a ladder setup already.  "Hidden" back behind the trees.  That's likely how he got on the roof.  If not, there are a couple other things he could have climbed on that would be easy for as scrawny guy to use to get on the roof.  

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top