Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2022 10:37:52 AM EDT
Kind of struggling between the TA31 & TA33. Give me your thoughts, I’m open to suggestions. It will have an RMR mounted on top as well if that helps. I already have a new one just sitting in the safe.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you shoot nose to charging handle and or want a crosshair center for more precise aiming? If so get a TA31 for the larger field of view and higher magnification.

If you need more eye relief get the TA33 but you will get less field of view.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Kind of struggling between the TA31 & TA33. Give me your thoughts, I’m open to suggestions. It will have an RMR mounted on top as well if that helps. I already have a new one just sitting in the safe.
View Quote

I literally have a TA-33 and RMR on order now. For a 16” . For me I needed a one rifle real world SHTF combo and I wanted light weight.

My rifle with its pencil barrel will be right at 6.5 pounds with optics. That is with no other accessories.

I was sold on a LPVO but in the end decided here in the Appalachians that 10 power wouldn’t be as overall useful as a fixed 3 power. I of course will have the red dot for up close or NV.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I literally have a TA-33 and RMR on order now. For a 16” . For me I needed a one rifle real world SHTF combo and I wanted light weight.

My rifle with its pencil barrel will be right at 6.5 pounds with optics. That is with no other accessories.

I was sold on a LPVO but in the end decided here in the Appalachians that 10 power wouldn’t be as overall useful as a fixed 3 power. I of course will have the red dot for up close or NV.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#4]
The TA33 is awesome.  The FOV is definitely narrow, but use it as intended.  It's more like a red dot with magnification.  

Looking through a TA31 feels like you have super vision, but the eye relief sucks. Some of the mounts out mitigate the poor eye relief.

TA11 mixes the best of both, but is a big biatch.  I've had the TA31 and TA33.  Right now i'm searching for another TA31.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Ah Hell.  I thought I was done with rifles this year.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]

What is the protector for the RMR. I have a mount coming but I like that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

REX - Reflex Exoskeleton

One caveat, I bought one of these for all my RMRs that are on long guns/shotguns and I had to dremel all of them to use them on normal RMR mounts (with long screws) without using their bullshit included mount.

Once I fixed the holes on the REX they are awesome, though.   If you don't mind a little grinding and drilling they're perfect.

Quoted:

One of my favorite range toys!  I put a SF Mini on it.  Super cool and accurate even with a 10.5

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#8]
On my mk18-ish rifle I’ve got a TA31 ECOS and love it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

REX - Reflex Exoskeleton

One caveat, I bought one of these for all my RMRs that are on long guns/shotguns and I had to dremel all of them to use them on normal RMR mounts (with long screws) without using their bullshit included mount.

Once I fixed the holes on the REX they are awesome, though.   If you don't mind a little grinding and drilling they're perfect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

REX - Reflex Exoskeleton

Quoted:

So you just used the top portion and skipped their mount obviously. They have longer screws that come with them so that this is sandwiched between the RMR and mount on the ACOG?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I like my TA01LAW

Simple crosshair and no stadia lines to clutter up the target if you're staying 300yds and under.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you just used the top portion and skipped their mount obviously. They have longer screws that come with them so that this is sandwiched between the RMR and mount on the ACOG?
View Quote

Exactly.  The screws should work for you, if not it's easy to find replacement longer screws at a hardware store or even on Amazon.

I googled it...  the longer screws are M3-0.5x8mm countersunk T10 Torx screws.  stock screws
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#13]
The RMR really compliments the weaknesses of the 31, and as a combo I think they’re the best overall optic. Conversely, the strengths of the 33 mirror those of the RMR and I feel it benefits a lot less from the RMR. I prefer the 31 for that reason, though I think it’s a poor choice for an 11.5, which is a different subject.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Run a TA31 with RMR on my 10.3 gun. Love it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Exactly.  The screws should work for you, if not it's easy to find replacement longer screws at a hardware store or even on Amazon.

I googled it...  the longer screws are M3-0.5x8mm countersunk T10 Torx screws.   Stock is M3-0.5x6mm.
View Quote

Thanks, that’s awesome info. I have been a little concerned about the RMR just hanging out up there as I bash through the woods and fields of Russian paratroopers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On my mk18-ish rifle I’ve got a TA31 ECOS and love it.

https://i.imgur.com/V7nn0n9.jpg
View Quote

Damn, that looks good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks, that’s awesome info. I have been a little concerned about the RMR just hanging out up there as I bash through the woods and fields of Russian paratroopers.
View Quote

That was my concern, too.  The little protective shields are surprisingly cheap for the tacticool industry so I figured why not.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I googled it...  the longer screws are M3-0.5x8mm countersunk T10 Torx screws.   Stock is M3-0.5x6mm.

It’s fine. And yes, I get my RMR screws from Fastenal, and can get an entire package for a fraction of the price that a pair of Trijicons cost.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I vote 33 with a 1moa rmr. It's just so easy to get a good sight picture with the 33 I feel like it's a better fit on something more oriented towards confined spaces. I've since added a 1moa RMR ontop this one and I still need to paint it. I love this 11.5, though i mostly shoot it unsuppressed and minus the LAM since it handles so nicely
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It’s fine. And yes, I get my RMR screws from Fastenal, and can get an entire package for a fraction of the price that a pair of Trijicons cost.
View Quote

Direct link, man!!!  I have a need.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Small quality red dot & small quality magnifier
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I would go with something 2X or less.....IMO

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#24]
TA31, red chevron classic.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit I’ll have to find the bag. I googled the specs of the Trijicons (edit, maybe I found the specs of one of the companies that do milling and provide their own screws like Jagerworks etc) and found the equivalent fastenals. They’re like 1/32 off but they work fine in everything I’ve screwed them into.

Double edit: find something that approximates these: https://jagerwerks.com/optic-screws/
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I think the TA31 is fine, I had a 33 on a scar17, but like the 31 on 556.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Shit I’ll have to find the bag. I googled the specs of the Trijicons (edit, maybe I found the specs of one of the companies that do milling and provide their own screws like Jagerworks etc) and found the equivalent fastenals. They’re like 1/32 off but they work fine in everything I’ve screwed them into.

Double edit: find something that approximates these: https://jagerwerks.com/optic-screws/
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Already have that setup
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I went TA31 on 11.5 for a greater FOV with a red dot at 1 o'clock.  

I hate a narrow FOV, really like Mepro TruDots for that as well over Aimpoint PROs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#30]
This thread is almost convincing me to stick my TA31F with RMR Type 2 piggybacked on my own 11.5 and using that T-2 for something else.

Damn you 1st world problems
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I would get a TA33 in whatever BAC reticule you like. With practice, you can be very fast at short ranges using an ACOG with a BAC reticule with both eyes open.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#32]
TA31H
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#33]
TA11
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#35]
ta44 acss
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#36]
TA01

MEGA SBR D60 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

The BDC won't be right for either, but the TA31's BDC will let you miss even more farther out.

Of those two, the 33 is the better choice. You're never going to shoot 600m with an 11" AR, but you will need to move and shoot and the TA33 is worlds better for that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top