Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2024 5:07:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bm303]
Just got a fancy juicer. Tried Valencia, Blood and Cara Cara oranges. Cara cara blew the other two away, no contest, whole family agreed. Are there any other options I need to try next? Or did I possibly just get a shitty batch of valencias and blood oranges? Very mediocre on both of those.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Round ones?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sumo
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:03:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tveddy] [#3]
Tangelos
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever type they grow in Florida.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Sumo
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Valencia is the best I've had. Not the garbage oranges from the store, but fresh from a tree. One of the most magnificent drinks you can imbibe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Hamlins and Parson Browns
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:
Sumo
View Quote

^  This

End thread.  They are what Monster energy was trying for
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cervelorider:

^  This

End thread.  They are what Monster energy was trying for
View Quote

Those are Ponkans / Tangelos and if they’re like Ponkans, they’re delicious.  However, they’ll be hard to juice as the peel is too loose for a conventional juicer.

I consider them eaters and not juicers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
My family had a 100 acres of mixed citrus, oranges, lemons and various hobby trees near the house, for personal use, avocados, tangerines, Buddhist hands, pomellow 's etc. I always preferred navel oranges because when tree ripened they seemed more sweet.  The store bought stuff sucks.  It's picked way too soon to give it shelf life. I also enjoy pulp like a true  producer would. Not that Tang/Sunny D crap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Found one at Albertsons called Ruby Orange, very dark red. Makes great margs. Valencia is the noted juice orange but we go for Cuties, blood and all the rest. Fresh squeezed makes it great.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I would go for Texas ruby river grapefruit.  Too bad they are only in season a few month of the year.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MyAliyah:
Found one at Albertsons called Ruby Orange, very dark red. Makes great margs. Valencia is the noted juice orange but we go for Cuties, blood and all the rest. Fresh squeezed makes it great.
View Quote

It's  just a variety of blood orange Paramount was the "premier" brand back in the day, Limeonera also has an interesting history. Was always fun to hear my dad read off the pack out usually 18 months behind the pick. Saticoy was also a name back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By tveddy:
Tangelos
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bgrhammer:

It's  just a variety of blood orange Paramount was the "premier" brand back in the day, Limeonera also has an interesting history. Was always fun to hear my dad read off the pack out usually 18 months behind the pick. Saticoy was also a name back in the day.
View Quote

You want to know how they make all of those little mandarins seedless? They have big ass rolls of net real similar to hay rolls. When its time they drag 1/4 mile stretches of net over the trees. You see  if the pollinators can't get get to the buds they can't make seeds.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Jaffa
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:14:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Oldgold] [#17]
Originally Posted By terryj:
Whatever type they grow in Florida Georgia.
View Quote

Fixed it for you. I have about five or six varieties growing in my backyard.
Any of the Satsumas are good. Kishu is good but small.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top