Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seriously?  I thought most 2A sanctuary laws just prohibit local LEO from assisting the Feds.  I think laws that say local cops can arrest federal cops for enforcing federal law isn’t going to go down well, and is probably unconstitutional.
View Quote

why would that be unconstitutional? its unconstitutional for the feds to enforce this BS. ETA. Marbury v. Madison
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195/24fe070b7b4d5e683a36a1e4a80f73fb_jpg-1971600.JPG
The 0-200 aperture works just fine at arm's length.

Kharn
View Quote

That.... is actually kind of cool.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

SBA3 VERBOTEN!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

...intent to manufacture an SBR.
View Quote

No such thing.....

"constructive possession" is the charge ...... your "Intent" doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seriously?  I thought most 2A sanctuary laws just prohibit local LEO from assisting the Feds.  I think laws that say local cops can arrest federal cops for enforcing federal law isn’t going to go down well, and is probably unconstitutional.
View Quote

Even if they *never* make that arrest it will still have performed the function of shifting the overton window.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If that’s true... why dick around with the brace in the first place
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't take orders from criminal pedophiles.

I dont take orders from POTUS I dont work for the Gov.  I'm not a peasant either I wont do what the king says, fuck that dickhead.

If that’s true... why dick around with the brace in the first place

have you no culture?  Or appreciation for plausible deniability?  For shame
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good to go?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240/5D5EB30F-C374-4C17-9EA5-A669A410E77F_jpe-1971617.JPG

SBA brace, fixed sights, 10" barrel.
View Quote

@JIMBEAM - all firearms equipped with SBA3 or SBA4 braces fail the point test.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I just tallied up my points. It doesn't equal 4.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
As Americans if you draw a dick on the side of the receiver we all start out at -50 points so have at it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe this rule basically eliminates EVERY brace used on short pistol caliber guns like all B&T, MP5s, MPXs, Scorpions, or Stribogs.

Better start making 16" barreled versions
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That gun if this ruling become final and implemented will be an illegal SBR.

Not only does it not meet the minimum weight threshold (64oz) to even be eligible to wear a pistol stabilizing brace as configured but it will lose even more weight when the accessory brace is removed in order to determine its official pistol brace weight eligibility.

The brace installed is an SBA3 which under the current system is virtually impossible to pass the points test and would be considered a stock when installed on any pistol.
View Quote

An M&P 15-22 pistol will need to have weight added to it, but not in the form of a detachable accessory. You could conceivably attach a metal pistol grip and replace some of the polymer parts with steel or something. Or add a heavier muzzle device. If you could find a metal magazine that would be an option too, since weight is supposed to be taken with accessories removed and an unloaded magazine inserted.

From there, remove the SBA3 and replace with an acceptable brace pinned to the max length that would net you 3 points or less.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The Biden ATF Assault Weapon Rule just leaked ...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
There's little need to continue dissecting this asinine collection of criteria and points.

This is a wholesale, shameless, big government attack on MILLIONS of currently law abiding Americans. It's an effort to force registration and/or to create criminals where none previously existed.

This set of "rules" has clearly been written to exclude pretty much everything from being legal and to create an absolute Orwellian compliance and punishment system. It's a de facto BAN.

That's what matters, not the fucking math around features and "points".
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's little need to continue dissecting this asinine collection of criteria and points.

This is a wholesale, shameless, big government attack on MILLIONS of currently law abiding Americans. It's an effort to force registration and/or to create criminals where none previously existed.

This set of "rules" has clearly been written to exclude pretty much everything from being legal and to create an absolute Orwellian compliance and punishment system. It's a de facto BAN.

View Quote

Bingo !
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those MILLIONS (me included) need to donate a little funding to the solid 2A-defense foundations.  I would hope once they try to go live with these rules, the lawsuits will ensue.  I'm not changing shit, but I won't be posting anymore videos of me naked doing drills with my "pistols"...private ranges are private (for now)...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Those MILLIONS (me included) need to donate a little funding to the solid 2A-defense foundations.  I would hope once they try to go live with these rules, the lawsuits will ensue.  I'm not changing shit, but I won't be posting anymore videos of me naked doing drills with my "pistols"...private ranges are private (for now)...

ROCK6
View Quote

I guess one positive thing can come from this stupid ruling
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I sold off my last three evil rifles that were 4473ed last Nov. One was a serialed AR pistol w/an 11.5" upper and an SBa3 to a friend. He will probably SBR it.

Post-election, I just knew in my heart this would happen. Because of that, I completed an 80% carbine last Dec and another 80% lower this past weekend. I had been toying with the idea of a .300 blackout pistol.

I have long term C5 palsy and wonder if I'd make a good test specimen for this whole debacle.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm so glad we have the NRA at a time like this.....
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’ve had it happen on ranges in Md and Pa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you people shooting that you're concerned about someone checking for stamps? I'm not Richie Rich shooting on my 1000 acres, i go to the ghetto ranges and occasionally the nicer indoor places when it rains.  I used to go shoot on public lands when there were public lands in TX to shoot on. Have never had mine, or seen someone else's weapon inspected by LE, or even heard of anyone being asked for their stamp.  I've shot with some folks with SBRs and had some take home goodies from work that I've shot at public ranges and never been acosted.  Just carry on as you have.  If you have a range thats participating in this silliness then call them out here.

I’ve had it happen on ranges in Md and Pa.

isn't that Canada?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did you make that with the intent to use it from the shoulder or to use as a braced handgun?

Even if it passes the point system. It fails if you intended (or they determined you intended) to use the brace as a shoulder stock. This important point is being missed in this thread.  Intent may be hard or impossible to prove, but rap/ride and all that.

Note: I don’t like any of this. But that is the reality of the world we live in with the laws as they are
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you make that with the intent to use it from the shoulder or to use as a braced handgun?

Even if it passes the point system. It fails if you intended (or they determined you intended) to use the brace as a shoulder stock. This important point is being missed in this thread.  Intent may be hard or impossible to prove, but rap/ride and all that.

Note: I don’t like any of this. But that is the reality of the world we live in with the laws as they are

Of course I had no intent to shoulder this weapon. My documented nerve  damage has weakened my grip.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good to go?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240/5D5EB30F-C374-4C17-9EA5-A669A410E77F_jpe-1971617.JPG

SBA brace, fixed sights, 10" barrel.

Well I am 0 for 2, No 9mm AR pistol or Roni for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:I'm so glad we have the NRA at a time like this.....
View Quote
Too bad we can't transfer their five million memberships to the GOA.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#25]
It could be argued that the one-handed rule is in direct conflict with the ATF`s own handgun training curriculum, which I`m sure is the same as most training methods, i.e. the firing hand is supported by the other hand for stability.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't SB Tactical publish a letter from the ATF telling them to stop submitting every variation of the basic brace concept?

The original design was approved and the ATF didn't have time to look at every variation of the "2 flaps and a velcro strap" concept, therefore everything up through SBA3 and SBM4 has been sold in good faith as approved.

And the Tailhook Mod1 and Mod2 have approval letters.

And the Shockwave has an approval letter - without a strap.
View Quote

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Until someone changes their mind.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wonder how this is going to affect braces on the shorty shotguns like the Shockwave, tac 14, tac 13 extra?
View Quote

Verboten. Fill out 5320.1. Pay the king $200. Do not pass Go.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Nope. SBA3 is an automatic fail
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It could be argued that the one-handed rule is in direct conflict with the ATF`s own handgun training curriculum, which I`m sure is the same as most training methods, i.e. the firing hand is supported by the other hand for stability.
View Quote

The fucking US Constitution could be argued too.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What if you remove the plug on the back of the sba3?  Is that the "extra material" gone?
View Quote

Modifying a brace is extra demerit points
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trump won in 2020. I voted for him happily twice. Democrats would have found a way to fuck us no matter what.

BUT

The bump stock "re-definition" of what counts as a machine gun 100% set us up for this, as both the 80% rule and this rule are "re-definitions" and we have to squarely put that on President Kushner and his puppet, Donald Trump.
View Quote

They would have done it anyway.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How about Biden and his people go and fuck themselves?  Real deep.  Perhaps choke on a dick after that.
View Quote

They already do that on the regular.
What you are describing is not a punishment for them, it is recreation.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep.. they just outlawed ak47 pistol, ar15 pistols, the scorpion, etc, etc, etc... welcome to AWB 2.0 Except this time we will need to ADD weight to keep legal guns. Fucking minimum weight now instead of max weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any type of handguard can fit this criteria.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56078/4_JPG-1970531.JPG

Yep.. they just outlawed ak47 pistol, ar15 pistols, the scorpion, etc, etc, etc... welcome to AWB 2.0 Except this time we will need to ADD weight to keep legal guns. Fucking minimum weight now instead of max weight.

Wouldn't they only be outlawed with a brace?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe not actually supported it,but many made excuses/justifications/defenses for it.

And some of us voiced the concern over that not being the last thing they go after without the need for Congress. And here we are.

Well,here you are,since I don't own a Brace or AR pistol and at this point will comment in favor of the new rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. He isn't wrong, but annoying as fuck.

He enjoys it too as if everyone here supported the bumpstock ban .

Maybe not actually supported it,but many made excuses/justifications/defenses for it.

And some of us voiced the concern over that not being the last thing they go after without the need for Congress. And here we are.

Well,here you are,since I don't own a Brace or AR pistol and at this point will comment in favor of the new rules.

You disgust me
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any type of handguard can fit this criteria.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56078/4_JPG-1970531.JPG

All those things are going to be defacto outlawed anyway without braces because of market pressure. Nobody is going to make or import those kinds of things anymore if the market is only people that will fill out Form 1s.  All of these things like MP5s, Scorpions, Dracos, B&T offerings, etc. are going to dry up because there won't be any money in it anymore. The market for that type of stuff will revert back to the way it was 20 years ago where it was a niche for those people that are willing to do the paperwork and have something built domestically from a parts kit. Imports of new stuff are going to go into the toilet.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck that.

People will start CNCing multiple same serial numbers on lowers and cans in a one stamp fits all manner.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Even if they *never* make that arrest it will still have performed the function of shifting the overton window.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't the ATF just hire 870 new agents?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm so glad we have the NRA at a time like this.....
View Quote

I just got a renewal solicitation from them. Threw it in the trash.

FPC, GOA, SAF will be getting my money from now on. They seem to be the only ones actually fighting this shit in court now.

NRA is too busy trying to save itself from its own corruption to actually lobby or fight court cases.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And don't forget who they were consulting with at the time ... the NRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Trump won in 2020. I voted for him happily twice. Democrats would have found a way to fuck us no matter what.

BUT

The bump stock "re-definition" of what counts as a machine gun 100% set us up for this, as both the 80% rule and this rule are "re-definitions" and we have to squarely put that on President Kushner and his puppet, Donald Trump.

The NRA PREMPTIVELY APPROACHED THEM ABOUT IT...
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
So when does this new "rule" go into affect?   Are all manufactures supposed to halt sales of braced pistols now?  And the actual braces also?  

So many questions.....
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The “checklist” is irrational and subjective.  It will be fought, because it is OBVIOUS that it is about banning guns, and nothing else.

Why did the ‘94 AWB make adjustable stocks an “evil” feature?

Because it allowed you to make the weapon SHORTER.

Why does this proposed checklist make adjustable braces an “evil” feature?

Because it allowed you to make the weapon LONGER.

Pistol grips were considered “evil” because it allowed you to “fire from the hip” and “spray bullets.”
View Quote

The legal beagles(penguins?) better get on the ball. Things in 94 were a bit different, yes?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:Trump won in 2020. I voted for him happily twice. Democrats would have found a way to fuck us no matter what.

BUT

I wouldn't be surprised if nra collaborated with baft on this brace ban.

The LOP lengths are based on old nra writings if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And obama tried to get Bumpstocks banned twice-and failed.

Then along comes Trump to show how it's done-tell the doj to force the atf to change the definition of something. Gets it done with almost no pushback.
Shirley the dems didn't pay attention to the way it was done and decided to do it the same way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump won in 2020. I voted for him happily twice. Democrats would have found a way to fuck us no matter what.

BUT

You do realize that the ATF, and it's predecessor agency have been reclassifying firearms and accessories since the NFA was written ?????

The "set up" for this started almost 90 years ago.....when the law gave them the authority to do it.

The only "fix" would be to effectively remove their interpretation / rule-making authority by rewriting Title 2 of the GCA......and that would require actual legislation.

When was the last time you think such legislation would have made it's way thru the House/Senate, and to the Presidents desk??

hint: never

And obama tried to get Bumpstocks banned twice-and failed.

Then along comes Trump to show how it's done-tell the doj to force the atf to change the definition of something. Gets it done with almost no pushback.
Shirley the dems didn't pay attention to the way it was done and decided to do it the same way?

This is the honest to God truth that the majority refuse to accept.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Didn't the ATF just hire 870 new agents?
View Quote

Ooooooh, scary!

870 additional agents are barely a rounding error to police a country this large.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case the one-handed rule is a direct contradiction to their own rules and procedures for themselves, and it`s not just a commonly used practice to use both hands for stability, but the default method for firing a handgun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top