Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great.  Let's also remove the THC from marijuana.
View Quote

In 2004 I had a professor who said by 2020 tobacco would be outlawed and weed would be legalized.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is he just trying to fuck with people? I don't smoke, never have, but holy shit this guy is doubling down on pissing people off.
View Quote

It's almost to the point that I'd believe they were intentionally trying to tarnish the dems so bad they will all be unelectable.

I mean, the left used to be so good at bringing together a bunch of fractured weirdos and special interests to make a majority, but now they are alienating big chunks of voters.  You know, like people who buy food and gas.  Now smokers?  They have already run off centrist voters who don't want their kids and grandkids to get sex changes.  Gun owners were not going to vote dem anyway, but those few who care more about guns than politics will at least sit home.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t need the nicotine, but I do need my smokes..
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Native American reservations will have a monopoly on cigs.
View Quote

No reason to resort to res cigarettes.

Just buy it from independent growers, get a little rolling machine and a bunch of filter tubes. Takes less than a minute to get a nicely packed cigarette with nothing but good tobacco in it.

Its cheap too, I get whole leaf flue-cured Virginia bright for $20 a pound plus shipping. Thats enough for several hundred cigs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You know who smokes? poor people

You know who votes democrat? poor people

View Quote

Well, and the ultra wealthy.   Bezos, Zuckerberg, Buffet, Bloomberg etc.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
We should remove the alcohol from booze while we are at it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
He should only ban menthols.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea this definitely won’t kill a lot of people.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting considering the effects of nicotine on preventing Covid.  The war on tobacco was the test run for everything they want to stigmatize today. Smoking in airports and restaurants was common through the early 90s. Tobacco was also the cash crop that small farmers relied on to get by. All by design.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Interesting considering the effects of nicotine on preventing Covid.  The war on tobacco was the test run for everything they want to stigmatize today. Smoking in airports and restaurants was common through the early 90s. Tobacco was also the cash crop that small farmers relied on to get by. All by design.
View Quote

In addition to that, it also has a positive effect on testosterone production. Something like a 15% increase if I recall correctly, which I'm sure the degenerates in charge would be happy to eliminate. Anything that reduces a man's tendency to say fuck you, and mean it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Biden should be banned from the presidency.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#12]
So much for the tobacco settlement....
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep fucking around. You start fucking with peoples vices, tobacco, coffee and so on and shit’s gonna get really ugly. What a great idea !
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
It’s almost like they’re trying to provoke us.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice paywall.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordering Pizza in the Future
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Insecticide.  Used to be a good thing long ago.
View Quote

Using insecticide is counter productive to their goal of force feeding us bugs. Banned it will be.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Ban grifters from the USA for a start.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Biden just picked a big fight with Big Tobacco. They don't forget anything.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#20]
When you go around sniffing people like that, you don't want them to smell like cigarettes

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Let's just imagine 10% of the US smokes.  That would be around 30 million people.  Say 20% of those are very heavy smokers.  That's 6 million people.  Assume 10% of those would get a little, umm, cranky if nicotine were banned.  That's 600,000 people.  We'll round down to an even 500,000 people who would get very cranky.  You want to see a scenario where January 6th looks like a Girl Scout picnic?   Hell, imagine 50,000 pissed off, nicotine-deprived monsters descending on the Capitol.  Sorry, govco.  You don't have any chance at stopping that wave of destruction.  

Ban nicotine overnight and that will bring DC to its knees.  Or reduce it to ruins.  Not sure which.  

Now that I think about it, this needs to be streamed.  The leftists' Summer of Love will look like nothing in comparison.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Show me where the Constitution states this is the responsibility of the gov, and where the feds have such power.

FOAD you sniveling corrupt POS pedo!
Joe dementia Biden is not a legitimate president.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:07:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Let's just imagine 10% of the US smokes.  That would be around 30 million people.  Say 20% of those are very heavy smokers.  That's 6 million people.  Assume 10% of those would get a little, umm, cranky if nicotine were banned.  That's 600,000 people.  We'll round down to an even 500,000 people who would get very cranky.  You want to see a scenario where January 6th looks like a Girl Scout picnic?   Hell, imagine 50,000 pissed off, nicotine-deprived monsters descending on the Capitol.  Sorry, govco.  You don't have any chance at stopping that wave of destruction.  

Ban nicotine overnight and that will bring DC to its knees.  Or reduce it to ruins.  Not sure which.  

Now that I think about it, this needs to be streamed.  The leftists' Summer of Love will look like nothing in comparison.
View Quote

What if 'they [.gov] ' have also already spent the future tax revenues imposed on the sale of tabacco years ago, and by the day they lose more and more of the revenue as people quit [smoking] and they (us) are still paying for the liability they borrowed against it.?

ETA:

Also,

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:08:11 AM EDT
[#24]

You guys leave my dad alone!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder what the politicians would do if the majority of smokers quit smoking. There would be a great reduction in the tobbaco taxes collected by the Government.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Show me where the Constitution states this is the responsibility of the gov, and where the feds have such power.

View Quote

It doesn’t.

In fact, this along with all other drug use should be protected under the 9th amendment.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Next month: Biden unveils plan to ban oxygen from your lungs
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Last I read they were banning menthol cigs; and menthol in general.

FJB and all his reject communist cronies.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Great.  Let's also remove the THC from marijuana.
View Quote

Where did the pot needle hurt you?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just buy it from independent growers, get a little rolling machine and a bunch of filter tubes. Takes less than a minute to get a nicely packed cigarette with nothing but good tobacco in it.

Its cheap too, I get whole leaf flue-cured Virginia bright for $20 a pound plus shipping. Thats enough for several hundred cigs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Native American reservations will have a monopoly on cigs.

Damn, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Like I always say....the items in the acronym ATF are together for a reason.

Three things that you cannot effectively ban or ever get rid of.

Look how things went when they took the A away.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The government already made it mandatory for cigarette companies to lace cigarettes with rings of carpet glue in order to be "fire safe".  American Spirit got around it by using some sort of seaweed compound. None of this is about health.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:40:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

All non-FDA vapes will then be banned, and only chosen pharma companies will be allowed to make them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a policy that would upend the $95 billion U.S. cigarette industry and, health officials say, prompt millions of people to quit smokingswitch to vaping.

All non-FDA vapes will then be banned, and only chosen pharma companies will be allowed to make them.
That there is the plan.  Convert all that cash to pharma since the FDA is actively destroying all the small vape businesses
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:42:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I bet they change the tune when his popularity numbers go negative and the tax money from tobacco is just as addictive to the feds and states and then people living longer will draw more SS money so someone will talk to this administration and end this shit fast.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm really torn on this one. I have said for a long time now, that I wish everybody could quit smoking at the same time. You would hear from all the states, screaming bloody murder about the loss of revenue. Revenue they make off of the slow death of their citizens. The other half of me says the government has no right  to tell me what I can put in my body. Especially something that has been a part of the American culture since its inception. How about we keep the nicotine legal and get the government to stop taxing it. I say all of this as a former smoker.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:53:46 AM EDT
[#36]

My mother is going to regret her vote, one way or another.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Seeing how his attempts at lowering gas prices and inflation went, this is great news for the smokers. Your cigarettes will have more nicotine than ever.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:00:03 AM EDT
[#38]
This is just fucking absurd. I must have skipped the part in the constitution where it's the government's job to protect me from myself.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:00:09 AM EDT
[#39]
It's good to know that the administration has their eye on the ball and is worried about the important stuff.

Better to do this than waste time trying to deal with gas prices or inflation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:03:28 AM EDT
[#40]
As far as vices plaguing this country, nicotine is pretty far down the list.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Some plan. Just say you are going to ban it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wonder what the politicians would do if the majority of smokers quit smoking. There would be a great reduction in the tobbaco taxes collected by the Government.
View Quote

You think they really care about money right now when one of their plans is to print so much money it becomes nearly worthless?

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They take my money, and want to take my guns.  Now taking away nicotine?  They want me to lose my shit, huh?
View Quote

You left out:

Take your property
Take your family (kids)
Take your freedom
take YOUR LIFE
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#44]
What will they do? replace the tobacco with some Bill Gates franken-pharma-wuhan GMO non-tobacco that doses you with gene altering pacifying, complacency inducing, sterilizing, vaccinating, etc.. product?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Making more people downtrodden and fucking with the downtrodden.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#46]
In for the ensuing panic when they realize what states are about to lose in taxes.

One bumbling self inflicted wound after another.

Buh it was Putin that caused the loss of revenue.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:22:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
First they came for the smokers, and I did not speak out   because I was not a smoker...

The Biden administration is moving forward on a plan to mandate the elimination of nearly all nicotine in cigarettes, a policy that would upend the $95 billion U.S. cigarette industry and, health officials say, prompt millions of people to quit smoking.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-targets-removal-of-most-nicotine-from-cigarettes-11655842130

View Quote

It once use to take a constitutional adzindement to do this kind of stuff.

Dear dumbass republicans who love the War on Drugs because your bible told you so or whatever.....thanks. Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hopefully, they'll make the ban effective a few months before the 2024 elections.  
View Quote

They’ll make it effective after the elections then blame it on evil republicans...

I fucking hate these people so much
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Caffeine will be next. The CATF will patrol the streets looking for rogue soda jerks to prosecute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't smoke tobacco (can't stand to be around it) or drink alcohol.

Still can't get behind this approach at all, no matter who proposes it.

(Next it will be my Mt. Dew. )

Caffeine will be next. The CATF will patrol the streets looking for rogue soda jerks to prosecute.

No nicotine or caffeine?

What next after that? Hydroxy cut, whey, and jalapeno cheese spread?

They're in a conspiracy to neuter the US military.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Good. I hope it passes and buries the smokers. It's way past time that people start to open their eyes to tyranny and that it will come for everyone.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top