User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 519
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:17:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SheltiePimp] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

The title is misleading, they are "considering" and this is a "suggestion" by Crypto pundits to lower the taxes so more public funds get into the market. Japan is sitting on billions of retirement money, in the next 10 years over 30 million people will retire on full benefits and payouts from their companies. That's a lot of 'grey' money coming into the system.

It's a good move, the government is broke. When I say broke, I mean 25 years of not making a profit and printing money at the behest of the US Federal reserve because Japan and the USA back each other up to control the $USD.

There is an internal struggle in the Japanese government, the cities and high tech areas want to be tax free for start ups, especially for blockchain and AI companies. Japan wants to be Asia competitive for start ups and entrepreneurs, but because the tax system here is so archaic it needs a lot of change and improvement. BTC solves that, especially if they can get the tax rate lower.

When the Japanese insurance companies start large purchases of BTC, then we know the Japanese government is all in. XRP has been tested by most of the Japanese banks, and it's very positive news, it works. Not only does it work it is infinitely better than swift. That is something watch.

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

when is this shit going to get to $125k?

legolas what do your elf eyes see?
View Quote

125k? It's been testing the hell outta that 54k support.
If the trend is your friend, the 6 month downward channel holds (currently bottoms at 52k) and it reverses back to the top of the channel (about 66.5k) with a few resistance points along the way. Still though, that channel is 6 months of lower highs and lower lows. Breaking that is the first step.

It's all about the stonks atm. If they continue their risk off descent, BTC is a risk on asset and will fall with stonks imo.
Any kind of currency crisis should support BTC. The unwinding of the Yen carry trade is supposedly not done. BRICS plans. etc. anything that exposes fiat for what it is.

Anyone playing swing trades on that channel has been having a good time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
It's an awkward time for Bitcoin.

On one hand you've got this great setup for a bull market in terms of new onramps being in place with the ETFs, growing acceptance among institutional investors, states and even nations starting to build positions in Bitcoin, and ideal timing from cycle perspective.

On the other hand, you've got a business cycle which looks like it's about to wrap up, unemployment turning higher, and an increasing likelihood of recession which no matter what would decrease demand for any kind of risk asset including Bitcoin.

My gut feeling is that things get worse before they get better but I'm not going to trade on that.

View Quote

Remove emotions from your reasoning.

There is no "awkward", that is a human emotion that we put on a market because we can't explain otherwise.

Gut feelings, unless you are extremely qualified, are insignificant.

We have a lot of data from past cycles, but this is a different time and different governments with different leaders (politicians).

Basically, everything is positive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:44:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#4]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

There is no "awkward", that is a human emotion that we put on a market because we can't explain otherwise.

We have a lot of data from past cycles, but this is a different time and different governments with different leaders (politicians).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

On one hand you've got this great setup for a bull market in terms of new onramps being in place with the ETFs, growing acceptance among institutional investors, states and even nations starting to build positions in Bitcoin, and ideal timing from cycle perspective.

On the other hand, you've got a business cycle which looks like it's about to wrap up, unemployment turning higher, and an increasing likelihood of recession which no matter what would decrease demand for any kind of risk asset including Bitcoin.

My gut feeling is that things get worse before they get better but I'm not going to trade on that.

I don't really understand how listing specific and quantifiable bullish and bearish factors is putting emotion into my reasoning.  That seems like an unfair critique and a misunderstanding of my use of the term awkward.  I'm certainly not describing an emotion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]

I don't really understand how listing specific and quantifiable bullish and bearish factors is putting emotion into my reasoning.  That seems like an unfair critique and a misunderstanding of my use of the term awkward.  I'm certainly not describing an emotion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My job, and how I make a living, is to educate how blockchain works.

Nothing you said is unfair.

Nothing is awkward.

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
ETH/BTC! The soon to be chart of everything against BTC.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
In the meantime, gold up 35% in 12 months.
$2585 ath.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
In the meantime, gold up 35% in 12 months.
$2585 ath.
View Quote

Bitcoin is up 127% in 12 months. What's your point?
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

Bitcoin is up 127% in 12 months. What's your point?
View Quote

Hi point is that gold is up 35%.  The thread is about bitcoin, gold and silver

Seems like an easy concept to understand.

Do you self direct your investments?  Seems like if you can't even understand that, maybe you shouldn't be doing that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:

Hi point is that gold is up 35%.  The thread is about bitcoin, gold and silver

Seems like an easy concept to understand.

Do you self direct your investments?  Seems like if you can't even understand that, maybe you shouldn't be doing that.
View Quote

The tool is back like clockwork!

I don't need an investment strategy. I simply save.
Link Posted: Today 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#12]
For anyone who's been keeping up with Token 2049
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Today 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 519
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top