BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ft pierce inlet is best inlet. also in this thread, we see examples from guys that have no idea what an inlet actually is.

https://www.travellens.co/content/images/size/w2000/format/webp/2022/12/Fort-Pierce-FL.jpg
View Quote

Been there many times along with the next 5 south.

Home inlet in the middle of those:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Not so long ago.  

" />

" />
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Beaufort inlet NC is where I fish out of.

Heres a video of a rough day where the front fell off.
https://www.newsflare.com/video/361934/boat-damaged-in-rough-seas-beaufort-inlet-north-carolina
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Indian River Inlet, when we had a boat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
This is where I would go out most often…back in the good ol’ days.

Used to hang lights off the bridge (the old one), and drop a cast net to fill a five gallon bucket with shrimp in one haul. Also used to be “beer can island” in the background, aptly named for the glimmer of discarded aluminum that could be seen from far away.  May have even left a few of my own there. It’s been cleaned up, and probably for the better, but it had its own unique charm in its day.

Also spent countless hours snorkeling and fishing along this stretch of sand. I even got uncomfortably up close and personal with about a 12’ hammerhead off the south jetty. I was snorkeling along the rocks, not paying attention to how far out I was getting. I saw a faint shape out of the corner of my mask, thought it was just nerves…until it circled by again twice as close!  I scrambled up the rocks and carefully climbed my way back to shallower water.  Don’t snorkel alone in deep water kids!

Also wallowed around the sandbars on the north side of peanut island…back when it was actually shaped like a peanut. Ate a ton of fish-dogs at Sailfish Marina on Thursday evening sunset celebrations.

Probably had the most fun here though.  Used to go to marine biology summer camp here. Snorkeling around the backwaters of Dubois on an incoming tide is one of my favorite childhood memories. My high school did “senior skip day” at the park. I still have the image of every single hot girl at my school, lined up in bikinis along the small strip of sand in the lagoon, burned into my retina. Growing up in south Florida in the eighties/nineties was a privilege for which I will be forever in debt to my parents, among many others.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
To keep this going, dodging raindrops, and waiting out the storms paid off.

Not only a great day on the water, but my 11yo took us out of the slip, through the trestle, out on the water, and then back in and docked the boat for the first time by himself, in a super high, strong tide and opposing wind situation, backing a 12’ wide boat into a 14’ wide slip with boats on either side.

Super proud dad moment.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got done watching SeaTow lift a sunk boat at the marina.  We have a storm going through, but since everything else including an aluminum jon boat is still floating, I'm going to assume it was some kind of failure than sank it.  Check your thru hulls and hose clamps.  It only takes one fuckup to sink on a Sunday when nobody sees it in time to save it.

None of my pics through the eisenglass came out and I didn't feel like drowning my phone to get a better one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top