Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/26/2022 5:06:11 PM EDT
Man I remember this guy slaying the mummy and saving the girl back when I was a wee lad

I wont pretend to know his struggles as Ive heard various rumors about how hes fallen from Hollywood. I just happened to see he was in a upcoming movie. For a split second I thought hell yeah Brendan you probably deserve a win after all the shit I heard.

But damn. His new movie called The Whale sounds like some terrible woke garbage

"The Whale follows Charlie (Fraser), a 600-pound middle-aged man, as he attempts to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter, played by Stranger Things' Sadie Sink. The film's official synopsis states that "the two grew apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died. Charlie then went on to binge eat out of pain and guilt."

The Whale

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The mummy was awesome, but he was always a b rated goober.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The film's official synopsis states that "the two grew apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died.
View Quote

Hard Pass
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I’d look like that if I let Harvey Weinstein pound my butt for movie roles.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
He was sexually assaulted by some Hollywood freak back in 2003.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/brendan-fraser-hfpa-ex-president-sexually-assaulted-him-1202707850/

He's great in Doom Patrol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he gained weight for that movie role,  plus I've heard he was taken advantage of sexualy or something in Hollywood.  I'll give him a free pass for now
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You know Im not even commenting on his physical downfall

But the dude went from slaying the mummy, atleast a few times, and various action film hero shit

To casing Charlie. A bro whom left his wife and child for some other bro who then died and now he ate himself to 600 pounds

Not the comeback I was hoping for
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
When my wife wants to be taken in a manly way she says

"I'm the librarian"
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF do they think is going to watch that crap?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
do they really think anyone will plunk down money in these economic times to watch that drivel?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#12]
For those that do not know what happen to him...

This is now a MGTOW thread
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#13]
He has not aged well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Is this an autobiography?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#16]
His peak was Airheads.  Close second was the bomb shelter movie
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

no doubt.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
His peak was Airheads.  Close second was the bomb shelter movie
View Quote

Blast from the Past.

Corny, but I liked it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I replaced him in a stage production when he got the role of Encino Man.

What does that make me?!?

He actually is a good dude.  Not gay, but has gay friends and colleagues.  Wasn't woke when we were in the business together.  Married the love of his life and she bailed on him.

Hollywood ate him up.  He was not the type to take advantage of his meteoric rise and paid for it.

When he got George of the Jungle, he couldn't warp his head around the fact that there were little figures of him given to every kid ordering a Happy Meal.  He was just blown away by that.

I want him to do well and carve out a good living.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Points to TV and elbows wife in ribs (gently)

"Hey didn't you have the hots for him way back when?"
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But the dude went from slaying the mummy, atleast a few times, and various action film hero shit

To casing Charlie. A bro whom left his wife and child for some other bro who then died and now he ate himself to 600 pounds

View Quote
It's like they are trying to punish him for not joining their groomer tribe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/brendan-fraser-hfpa-ex-president-sexually-assaulted-him-1202707850/

View Quote

Huh, didnt know that existed. Looks pretty good. Thanks  Doom patrol, not Hollywood freaks assaulting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just feel really bad for him

I was hoping it was going to be a good movie Id want to see. Maybe even something to put him in fresh limelight again

Instead its some woke garbage
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But damn. His new movie called The Whale sounds like some terrible woke garbage

"The Whale follows Charlie (Fraser), a 600-pound middle-aged man, as he attempts to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter, played by Stranger Things' Sadie Sink. The film's official synopsis states that "the two grew apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died. Charlie then went on to binge eat out of pain and guilt."

View Quote
How does that sound woke?  From the synopsis alone it appears to associate homosexuality with destruction of the family, mental illness, and self-destructive behavior.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve always like Brendan Fraser and a portion of his movies. He was never a real leading man and got super lucky with the Mummy. I still think he was a solid actor in his prime.

That being said, the “incident”sounds like an excuse to me for his declined acting career. He should have punched that SOB out like 99.9% of most men would have done and went and drank a beer.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Divorce will do that to you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I just feel really bad for him

I was hoping it was going to be a good movie Id want to see. Maybe even something to put him in fresh limelight again

Instead its some woke garbage
View Quote

I remember seeing articles about him intentionally packing on lbs for some movie.  I guess this was it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He actually is a good dude.  Not gay, but has gay friends and colleagues.  Wasn't woke when we were in the business together.  Married the love of his life and she bailed on him.

Hollywood ate him up.  He was not the type to take advantage of his meteoric rise and paid for it.

When he got George of the Jungle, he couldn't warp his head around the fact that there were little figures of him given to every kid ordering a Happy Meal.  He was just blown away by that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I think "b rated" "starring Pauly shore" is one of the first things that comes to mind
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

When I think "b rated" "starring Pauly shore" is one of the first things that comes to mind
View Quote

Yeah, but he did do a number of big productions like School Ties, The Mummy, and Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When my wife wants to be taken in a manly way she says

"I'm the librarian"
View Quote

Your wife is Noah Wyle?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#33]
It's not the first time someone has put on a fat suit for a movie. Remember Shallow Hal?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard something similar.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Pay the Alimony Brendan!
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Big fucking OOOOOF!
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#38]
He certainly used to be a stud back when. I recall he got fairly shunned for speaking out about being sexually touched by some producer, back before metoo was a thing. I feel like the guy got dealt a bad hand, no pun intended, and he seems like a fairly nice person.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#40]
He looks like Rodney Dangerfield's son !!
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#41]
People age. When they do, they get fat and lose their looks. It happens to basically everyone unless you're a genetic freak.

Never got these "wow, water is wet!?" threads.

Aside from all that, this new movie is not something I'd care to see.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's not the first time someone has put on a fat suit for a movie. Remember Shallow Hal?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Capture_JPG-2466518.JPG
View Quote

So Brendan Fraser's fall from A-list celebrity is pretty well documented on the Chans in part due to how his wife fucked him over (basically every dime he earned was going to her while he lived destitute)

I can see where you think this is all stemming from a new movie role but what I've read is that the dude just caught some really bad breaks and life took its toll on him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everyone is great in Doom Patrol. Sadly underrated series.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People age. When they do, they get fat and lose their looks. It happens to basically everyone unless you're a genetic freak.

View Quote

True, but it's like him and Russell Crowe just said "aw fuck it" - when it comes to diet and exercise.

There's actually older people who - despite genetics - maintain.

But didn't know he was sexually abused....that explains a lot. I mean look at Oprah, no secret about her childhood and despite all the money to pay for a chef and trainer to keep her lean, she can't. It's like the weight is a form of self-hatred and/or some subconscious thing to protect them from being found sexy enough to be victimized (again).
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree, but it's a little different for a 53 year old male actor.

As said before, he may have actually done the weight gain for this role though.

Or maybe he just doesn't GAF, and that's fine too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So Brendan Fraser's fall from A-list celebrity is pretty well documented on the Chans in part due to how his wife fucked him over (basically every dime he earned was going to her while he lived destitute)

I can see where you think this is all stemming from a new movie role but what I've read is that the dude just caught some really bad breaks and life took its toll on him.
View Quote
Damn, that sucks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

True, but it's like him and Russell Crowe just said "aw fuck it" - when it comes to diet and exercise.

But didn't know he was sexually abused....that explains a lot. I mean look at Oprah, no secret about her childhood and despite all the money to pay for a chef and trainer to keep her lean, she can't. It's like the weight is a form of self-hatred and/or some subconscious thing to protect them from being found sexy enough to be victimized (again).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on the link, his butt was grabbed in his 30s. I have a hard time saying that means he was sexually abused.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its really more about his decline professionally more so than his physique wearing due to age

I mean holy shit this movie sounds terrible and he has to know it too
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top