Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/8/2024 5:42:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
She's a retard.  I'm with Bongino on this one.  Make the winning move, not the "feel good" one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL  " Breaking" No matter what happens life wont change.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
She's right...he's a RINO and shouldn't be speaking for real Republicans.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
These days it seems all but a few are RINO pieces of garbage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
View Quote

*Real Republicans...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I was against this until they passed the Ukraine/Isreal/Hamas funding fucking embarrassment.  That never should have seen a floor vote.  Speaker is directly to blame. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
And who are these "real Republicans"?
Where do we find them in the halls of Congress?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
democrats will save the useful idiot from eviction.

which says so much.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The dims have already said that they'll back Johnson.  So, let him go on record as being the speaker of the dims, and let him lose to a dim in November.  I haven't looked at the house "forecast", but we have to be picking up enough seats in November that he won't be missed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LUZCANNON:

which says so much.
View Quote

Dems and the "real republicans".
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
I was against this until they passed the Ukraine/Isreal/Hamas funding fucking embarrassment.  That never should have seen a floor vote.  Speaker is directly to blame. Fuck him.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Pretty much this and look over there instead of our own borders.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
She’s In denial along with Steve Bannon. They have ZERO Influence.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LUZCANNON:

which says so much.
View Quote

Nope, they'll vote to out him and then enlist some RINO cuck turncoats to get Hakeem in there.  Losing move.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]
The fact the Dems support him tells me all I need to know
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
She is doing a good job fighting fellow republicans.  Maybe beat the dems first, then think about cleaning house.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Do we believe Mike Johnson is a Republican with conservatives best interest at heart?

I recall his position on 2 issues recently.  FISA warrants and border security.  He failed spectacularly and should be held accountable.

Democrats will keep him power.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#19]
If she succeeds you can expect more Republicans to walk away from Congress.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Its good MTG and a few other women have balls to do what is necessary, excluding dog extermination.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#21]
359 to 43.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
Do we believe Mike Johnson is a Republican with conservatives best interest at heart?

I recall his position on 2 issues recently.  FISA warrants and border security.  He failed spectacularly and should be held accountable.

Democrats will keep him be in power.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

How many republicans are there? One, two…none?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
359 to 43.
View Quote

Surprising.  It’s not like the democrats to pass up an opportunity like that.

Maybe their optics are so bad right now, that further pushing of their shitty agenda will lose them much more than they’re already slated to in November
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:

How many republicans are there? One, two…none?
View Quote

Being real is obviously more important than holding a majority and Trump getting reelected.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:31:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chmodx] [#26]
I bet the Dems actually do not save him.

They know throwing the house into chaos again will publicize the stupidity of Republicans and help them in the election.

They wanted the story out that they would save him, knowing it was coming.  But it will only help everything the repubs do look even dumber
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Loser Greene bites the dust again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#28]
How do some people get "selected"?  Because they will cave?  I realize shutting down government is the highest sin.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:34:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Falcon09] [#29]
Fuck around and Hakeem Jeffries will be elected as Speaker.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RHR_12] [#30]
Originally Posted By Hyperformer:
She is doing a good job fighting fellow republicans.  Maybe beat the dems first, then think about cleaning house.
View Quote

How is she going to beat the dems when the RINO leadership like Johnson are intentionally losing to the Dems?  You can’t win when half your team is playing for the other team.  You have to clean up the roster first.

If this was a game of football, you’re getting mad at the receiver for not scoring when the quarterback keeps intentionally throwing interceptions
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Most Religious and most Conservative Speaker in US history is a RINO.

Being FOR Russia is not a Conservative value.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By chmodx:
I bet the Dems actually do not save him.

They know throwing the house into chaos again will publicize the stupidity of Republicans and help them in the election.

They wanted the story out that they would save him, knowing it was coming.  But it will only help everything the repubs do look even dumber
View Quote

Wasn't Kevin McCarthy counting on the dems saving him but their daggers came out instead?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

So, the other two on Massies’s list were OK with you, especially the one involving FISA courts?

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hadrian] [#34]
ost
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Rino's or not, if the Dem's take over the house.
We'll really be screwed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By usptac:
She's a retard.  I'm with Bongino on this one.  Make the winning move, not the "feel good" one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't really see what difference it makes who is in that position. He couldn't do squat if he didn't have the backing of many more just like him.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#38]
After this vote, the Russia Cauc ...er Freedom Caucus... should have absolutely zero influence at all in Legislation. They need to live the small majority life that wackjobs in Congress deserve.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#39]
House squashes Marjorie Taylor Greene's motion to oust Speaker Johnson

The House of Representatives squashed an effort by Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., and Thomas Massie, R-Ky., to force a House-wide on Speaker Mike Johnson's ouster.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., appeared to catch most Congressional watchers by surprise when she moved to force a vote on her motion to vacate the chair, the procedural move which would allow for the vote. She noticed her resolution as "privileged," meaning House leaders had two legislative days to take it up.

But her bluff was called immediately when House Majority Leader Steve Scalise, R-La., rose to call for a vote on tabling Greene's motion – which effectively kills it before the vote on Johnson's ouster itself.

Johnson got overwhelming Democratic and Republican support for the table vote, which passed 359 to 43, averting a vote on her motion. Just 11 Republicans voted against tabling the measure, along with 32 Democrats.

On the Republican side, Johnson won the support of 196 members, while 163 Democrats also voted to shield him.

The House GOP side of the chamber erupted in cheers when her move was squashed.

Greene, R-Ga., has been threatening to force a vote on taking Johnson's gavel since late March in protest of his handling of government funding and foreign aid. .

Her resolution, known as a motion to vacate the chair, will now have to be voted on or tabled after Greene noticed it as "privileged" on Wednesday night – meaning House leaders have two legislative days to take it up.

The Republican side of the House chamber erupted in boos as Greene listed off her gripes against Johnson, prompting Democrat Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., to shout, "The House is not in order – and is about to fall into chaos," prompting some sparse laughs from their side of the chamber.

The vote is expected to be close but ultimately fail, with both Republicans and Democrats voicing opposition to a move that would effectively paralyze Congress until a new speaker is found.

The vote is a culmination of six months' worth of frustration from the most right-wing conservatives in Johnson's conference, who have felt sidelined by him on nearly all critical legislation including foreign aid and government funding, during which they demanded he leverage a government shutdown to force the Democrats who controlled the Senate and White House to pass Republican policies.

Greene's push got two more backers in Reps. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., and Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., after Johnson ushered a foreign aid bill along bipartisan lines that includes $61 billion for Ukraine.

But it's largely fallen flat among the House GOP, where even Johnson's critics have shown little appetite for going through another three weeks of chaos like what followed the ouster of ex-Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., in October – particularly six months out from an election.

With just a razor-thin majority of two seats, it would take little dissent for Johnson to lose the top House job if it fell along party lines. Eight House Republicans had voted with all Democrats to oust McCarthy in early October.

Unlike McCarthy's case, however, House Democrats have pledged to come to Johnson's aid by voting to table the resolution if it came up – a vote to table a measure, which essentially kills it, is a procedural hurdle that allows Democrats to block Johnson's ouster without having to actually vote on whether to fire him.

Johnson's critics seized on the left-wing support as evidence that the Louisiana Republican was not representing the interests of his own party.

"The entire Democrat Party is lining up behind Mike Johnson. First, it was the entire leadership team for the Democrats. Now, Nancy Pelosi, who impeached President Trump TWICE, has given Johnson her seal of approval. What deal has been made??" Greene wrote on X on Monday along with a video of Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., backing House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries' decision to help Johnson.

The move could save Johnson's job, but could also cost him some Republican support.

Massie told Fox News Digital last week when asked about how much GOP backing he expected, "I think it's a kinetic situation. And Hakeem and the entire Democrat leadership team endorsing Mike Johnson is going to cause a lot of people who weren't with us, to be with us."

Johnson, for his part, has repeatedly told reporters that he's not afraid of Greene's threats and has insisted his focus is on governing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Is she going to join the democrats again this time?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
359 to 43.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mr_camera_man:
The dims have already said that they'll back Johnson.  So, let him go on record as being the speaker of the dims, and let him lose to a dim in November.  I haven't looked at the house "forecast", but we have to be picking up enough seats in November that he won't be missed.
View Quote

He's not likely to lose his seat to a Democrat he is in a solid Republican district.

Picking up seats? Maybe I hope so but my gut feeling tells me the Democrats are going to take the house narrowly.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#43]
She should keep to her wheelhouse and just post whacky conspiracy theories on Twitter.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
Rino's or not, if the Dem's take over the house.
We'll really be screwed.
View Quote

They likely will take the house, we should make slight gains in the Senate though.

Worst case will have a repeat of biden's first two years, they won't have enough senate seats to really get anything done.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I agree but...replace him with who?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Johnson cut a deal with the dems to stay in power folks.

He is going to give them more shit.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FunnyStar:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FunnyStar:

I'll give you that they should have linked border funding to it.  Lost opportunity.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 69cutlass:
https://media.scored.co/post/HaRIXcztx0cQ.jpeg
View Quote

Wellllll shit - I think she's on the VP list.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

So, the other two on Massies’s list were OK with you, especially the one involving FISA courts?

View Quote

Nope. Those were BS too. This was last straw.  No reason any of those should have ever made it to the floor. The speaker controls what gets voted on.  By even offering any of those bills for a floor vote was enough. All 3 is inexcusable, especially without any Republican leaning stuff in there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top