Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that they have been declared a terrorist organization, I would be interested to learn if the government will start picking up those people who they know to be "upper management" and begin the process of continually searching upward in the chain of command to see who is really running things, and who is financing them.  

It would be most interesting if it was someone like Soros, and he eventually gets tried for something like sedition, or treason, and then actually gets sent to prison...or even a "more serious" consequence for their anti-government activities.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are operating under the delusion that you are in the "Big Club" and are somehow protected. Sorry to break it to you but if the .gov sets your sights on you you're fucked, it's been that way since FDR was in office. What, you think .gov heavy-handiness is a recent thing?
View Quote

Now you’ve lost me. In no way do I think I’m not going to be effected by such a situation. That’s why I’m reluctant to celebrate any step in that direction regardless of party.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now that they have been declared a terrorist organization, I would be interested to learn if the government will start picking up those people who they know to be "upper management" and begin the process of continually searching upward in the chain of command to see who is really running things, and who is financing them.  

It would be most interesting if it was someone like Soros, and he eventually gets tried for something like sedition, or treason, and then actually gets sent to prison...or even a "more serious" consequence for their anti-government activities.
View Quote

I wonder how heavily Bill "Bombs Away" Ayers and his disciples are involved?

That's a twisted tree, but they've done this long enough I doubt there's any concrete links.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Biggest thing is that it brings ANTIFAs funding into play. The government will move on it when there's cash and prizes up for grabs. Gonna be sweet to watch the DOJ seize Soros money from "community organizers" who fund and organize these events.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sadly there's ample evidence that your pessimism is warranted.  

However the terrorism designation brings Homeland Security  into the equation.  I'm gonna hope there's still a little patriotism left in members of that department.

Biggest thing is that it brings ANTIFAs funding into play. The government will move on it when there's cash and prizes up for grabs. Gonna be sweet to watch the DOJ seize Soros money from "community organizers" who fund and organize these events.

IMO this is the biggest thing coming to the table.  Lots of these people can be self funded to participate but paying the lawyers, transportation for larger groups, etc. is paid for by someone or some groups.  

I think we're also going to find out how much of this is actually financed with our tax dollars.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If this actually happens and isn't just chatter like when Trump said cartels were going to be labeled terrorist organization, this will get interesting.  BTW, why weren't cartels labeled as terrorists?

View Quote

Changes the "refugee" dynamic and gives illegals another way to get in a stay here for a BS reason.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's a twisted tree, but they've done this long enough I doubt there's any concrete links.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are the guidance, the mentors, the philosophical leadership.

When a COOP student who worked with me was talking about going to pick up Bill Ayers at the airport my jaw about hit the floor.  She was hardcore into this movement and I had zero clue.  Nice quiet girl, great engineer, well off family, commie all the way.  They are still going around to campuses and giving speeches and I'm sure inspiring the next generation of leadership for these groups.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Changes the "refugee" dynamic and gives illegals another way to get in a stay here for a BS reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this actually happens and isn't just chatter like when Trump said cartels were going to be labeled terrorist organization, this will get interesting.  BTW, why weren't cartels labeled as terrorists?

This is also what I understand.

Gives far more legitimacy to the asylum claims.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Matters not. We’re going to be hunted when a Leftist gains power regardless.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's apparent local law enforcement is being prevented from investigating (and disrupting) this group's activities despite them being the best tool to do so.

They are who we need on the point.

Also, leery of this "terrorist" designation.

If the Chinese communists get their man (Joe Biden) elected as POTUS, that designation may well come back to haunt us.

Matters not. We’re going to be hunted when a Leftist gains power regardless.

TC

If a leftist gets in power, they would try it regardless.  However, it's a whole lot more difficult labeling "gun owners" as terrorists.  

Guns are a tool.  All types of Americans own guns.  They are constitutionally protected (to some degree )  

Any political group wielding guns and destroying the country like we've seen this week would be eligible for terrorist status.

However, as demonstrated in Richmond, thousands of gun owners protesting resulted in no violence.

Now, "militias" have been labeled terrorists for 30 years.  Southern Poverty Law Center ring a bell?  How about Janet Reno & Company?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think there are at least 3 things in play here:

1.  People who made it to the FG officer ranks and to squadron command are people who have succeeded within an authoritarian, hierarchical organization.  So they tend to be slavishly devoted to authority and hierarchy.  Not all of them, but most of them.  Sure, some FG officers become violently anti-authoritarian and quit in disgust (me) or manage to stick it out to retirement (Sylvan), but most of them "grew up" within the comforting safety of Rules and Regulations for every goddamn thing on base.  They find comfort in that.

2. People tend to be woefully ill-informed today, and more are misinformed than uninformed.  Arfcom is NOT a general cross-section of society.  Most people IRL want to believe that the media might have a slight slant but wouldn't deliberately lie.  So they watch their FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC, and think "oh, it's all true, it's just with a conservative, moderate, or liberal slant."  It would destroy their emotional state to acknowledge and accept that They Are Being Lied To by the press.

3.  Americans, more than most populations, are incredibly susceptible to propaganda due to (among other things) growing up watching TV with commercial breaks every 6 minutes to tell them "Believe, Buy, Consume, Enjoy."  I have read multiple research studies indicating juries believe witnesses who teleconferenced in on a big-screen TV more than they believe witnesses who were present in the courtroom in person -- simply because the teleconferenced witness was on TV.  This should terrify us -- but nobody talks about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why interesting?  Well I personally know 6 active duty FGOs and 1 retired whom I've known for 10 - 15 years (Lt Colonels and Majors) who actively support ANTIFA in-person and on their social media.  They state "they're anti-facist, it's right in their name.  Are you a facist nazi?"  "The real problem are White Supremists".  4 out of 6 of these people are white.  3 of them are current Squadron Commanders (4 if you count the retired) and I know first hand they punish known conservatives on their performance reports which are career killing acts.  These are just the ones I personally know and who are vocal about it.  The enlisted force is much much worse.  

One SOCOM Major, a self proclaimed "Libertarian", says ANTIFA rioting and burning America is exactly the same as what American Patriots did in the Recolutuonary War.  He currently has this posted on his FB:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69574/20200531_134843_jpg-1440851.JPG

Well, I guess that explains the attitude of an old friend. He’s a retired major from SOCOM, but still on the job as a DOD civilian.

I think there are at least 3 things in play here:

1.  People who made it to the FG officer ranks and to squadron command are people who have succeeded within an authoritarian, hierarchical organization.  So they tend to be slavishly devoted to authority and hierarchy.  Not all of them, but most of them.  Sure, some FG officers become violently anti-authoritarian and quit in disgust (me) or manage to stick it out to retirement (Sylvan), but most of them "grew up" within the comforting safety of Rules and Regulations for every goddamn thing on base.  They find comfort in that.

2. People tend to be woefully ill-informed today, and more are misinformed than uninformed.  Arfcom is NOT a general cross-section of society.  Most people IRL want to believe that the media might have a slight slant but wouldn't deliberately lie.  So they watch their FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC, and think "oh, it's all true, it's just with a conservative, moderate, or liberal slant."  It would destroy their emotional state to acknowledge and accept that They Are Being Lied To by the press.

3.  Americans, more than most populations, are incredibly susceptible to propaganda due to (among other things) growing up watching TV with commercial breaks every 6 minutes to tell them "Believe, Buy, Consume, Enjoy."  I have read multiple research studies indicating juries believe witnesses who teleconferenced in on a big-screen TV more than they believe witnesses who were present in the courtroom in person -- simply because the teleconferenced witness was on TV.  This should terrify us -- but nobody talks about it.

I would like to see these studies.

I don't disbelieve you - simply "trust but verify" and all that. Unfortunately it sounds plenty plausible.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Words.... waiting for cations...(not holding my breath)
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
The longer you do it the harder it is to avoid the links. We can hope...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!
View Quote

Yup. Looks like the 82nd boyz are gona get some state side kills here very soon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dissolution and rebranding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting to see what this leads to

Dissolution and rebranding.

You are probably right. Unfortunately....
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup. Looks like the 82nd boyz are gona get some state side kills here very soon.
View Quote

Lol, I'll take that bet. Not going to happen.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
The Democratic Party and most of the Republican Party.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe they'll be sentenced to hard labor in the all the suppressor factories that'll open up when the HPA passes.
View Quote

Maybe we can make them clean Hillary’s cell!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Got to go  after their pay masters
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

YEET!

It might be time to break out the Hawaiian shirts after all
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
About fucking time.
View Quote

DISS
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/04565D72-C48C-4C09-9919-064D4D2DA660_jpe-1441316.JPG

YEET!

View Quote

I didn't know my bullets were theirs.  Huh.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't they try this before and get shut down because only foreign organizations can be designated as terrorist groups? I thought that was the argument used to keep the KKK and other domestic white supremacist groups from being put on the list?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, I dont see how this is going to happen, at least per the state departments FAQ on terrorism designations (https://www.state.gov/terrorism-designations-faqs/) the very first criteria is that they be a foreign organization. Unless Trump is going to come up with some other special laws for domestic terrorist organizations - then the issue becomes defining ANTIFA as an organization...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Love to see some ANTIFA punks waterboarded.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/04565D72-C48C-4C09-9919-064D4D2DA660_jpe-1441316.JPG

YEET!

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Trump could very simply link the funding to Soros.

Bingo bango, foreign group.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And when the next leftist is in the White House they will respond in kind.
View Quote

so.  They already called the 2a protestors here in VA white supremacists and terrorists and all they did was walk about the state capital with their lawfully purchased property.  It's all coming to a head whether you want it too or not.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Boom!

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Might as well get his son too.
View Quote

Assign his whole brood and top aids a card numeration from a deck.  The King of Spades is long overdue to be buried.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can citizens now shoot them on site?

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

yes.  wherever you find them.  work site ,home site,business site, etc.......
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Does that mean I can shoot them in the face
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
NICE!

What can a civilian do to defend his country against terrorists?
View Quote

I see where you going there...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Antifa will just blend in with BLM, try calling them out on terrorist acts, this won’t end
View Quote

BLM is a marxist front group.  They should be labeled as a Terrorist group too.  If DHS can do that to the KKK, then why not add the BLM?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Didn't they try this before and get shut down because only foreign organizations can be designated as terrorist groups? I thought that was the argument used to keep the KKK and other domestic white supremacist groups from being put on the list?
View Quote

Trump didn't say he was designating them a "domestic" terror organization.

Antifa sent people to Syria to train with the terrorists there.  They have cells all over Europe.  They are very much international.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The fbi needs to be relegated to bank fraud and robberies only. Give DHS their funding and missions. It’s time for the doj swamp to be drained.
View Quote

They could also handle domestic  disputes on the Res.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, I dont see how this is going to happen, at least per the state departments FAQ on terrorism designations (https://www.state.gov/terrorism-designations-faqs/) the very first criteria is that they be a foreign organization. Unless Trump is going to come up with some other special laws for domestic terrorist organizations - then the issue becomes defining ANTIFA as an organization...
View Quote

ANTIFA is an international organization
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

BLM is a marxist front group.  They should be labeled as a Terrorist group too.  If DHS can do that to the KKK, then why not add the BLM?
View Quote

DHS didn't label the KKK a terrorist organization - they simply added white supremacy to a list of possible threats that they want to address. As I said above, from what DHS reports the organization has to be foreign to be designated a terrorist organization - they could add marxism to their list of threats but that certainly harkens back to McCarthyism and could set a dangerous precedent.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think it's apparent local law enforcement is being prevented from investigating (and disrupting) this group's activities despite them being the best tool to do so.

They are who we need on the point.

Also, leery of this "terrorist" designation.

If the Chinese communists get their man (Joe Biden) elected as POTUS, that designation may well come back to haunt us.

View Quote

why?  Does that mean super rich billionaires will stop funding our organized political action groups....LOL!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The race-baiters (e.g., SPLC, Sharpton) anti-2A forces (led by Bloomberg), anti-American groups (e.g., led by Clinton, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Soros), and communists, Democrats, and socialists in general will immediately go on the offensive demanding that President Trump declare the National Rifle Association, The Heritage Foundation, and Judicial Watch (among other groups).to be declared terrorist organizations.
View Quote

On what grounds?  NRA paying agitators?   Judicial Watch threatening violence at College campuses?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not according to the DHS response posted here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-antifa-terrorist-organization-0
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

DHS didn't label the KKK a terrorist organization - they simply added white supremacy to a list of possible threats that they want to address. As I said above, from what DHS reports the organization has to be foreign to be designated a terrorist organization - they could add marxism to their list of threats but that certainly harkens back to McCarthyism and could set a dangerous precedent.
View Quote

Antifa started in Germany right?  Initially funded by the Soviets.  They also currently operate in multiple countries.   I guess someone could argue that it doesn't apply as they are "new" but they adopt the same name, views, flag, etc...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes, it is Trumps fault as he made me mad and he made me break the law
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]
What about BLM ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ACLU said the president does not have the legal authority to do this. No idea what is true or not, but it is funny given the ACLU and SPLC are always labeling groups as terror and hates groups.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The ACLU said the president does not have the legal authority to do this. No idea what is true or not, but it is funny given the ACLU and SPLC are always labeling groups as terror and hates groups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The White House has said the exact same thing. That's why I think this is just another Trump "talk big and make threat/no action" BS.

This is back when a bunch of people made a petition to classify ANTIFA as a terrorist organization and the official White House response:

Thank you for your petition requesting that AntiFa be formally recognized as a terrorist organization.

President Donald J. Trump has repeatedly said that hatred and violence have no place in America. Our country must unite in condemning violence and recognize that the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together are stronger than the wicked forces trying to divide us.

Although Federal law provides a mechanism to designate and sanction foreign terrorist organizations and foreign state sponsors of terrorism, there is currently no analogous mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations.

Nonetheless, law enforcement has many tools at its disposal to address violent individuals and groups. The Department of Justice routinely charges violent individuals, of all types, with a variety of offenses, including arson, threats, fraud, tax violations, hate crimes, murder, and offenses related to the misuse or illegal possession of firearms and explosives.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#46]

She needs to sob some more, invoke the sages of the past, and whine...………..while everyone else is dealing with the issue
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure they are correct, its the DHS that determines who goes on the list. Thankfully the ACLU and SPLC labels are entirely meaningless, its like the AARP labeling skateboarders terrorists.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. All over Italy when we were there. Weirdest thing to be in the rough area of Rome and see AOC posters (Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez) on signs with ANTIFA logos everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#49]
It would be a lot easier and possibly just as useful to designate them a gang / srg, like with the juggalos or something. The juggalo comparison seems fairly apt since there isn't any real overarching hierarchy to my knowledge, just groups of trash with a shared identity and a lot of dumb tattoos.

That opens up sentencing enhancements and the like as well in many states.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Good, took long enough.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top