[#1]
Atleast, for now, it is looking better.

When does it start rotting ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Best $124 you'll ever spend.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Another reason I stay in the north where the only thing that kills you are bears, cougars and the cold.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Those things are everywhere around my house.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a huge scar on my leg from one where the muscle/tissue is gone behind the hole it left, and a black circle about the size of a quarter still sits there.  

This guy's face is going to look a lot worse in a few days as the inside decays away and starts oozing.
View Quote

Necrosis isn't present all the time.  I had a bite last year that sucked, but no necrosis.  The chills and aches where pretty bad though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Necrosis isn't present all the time.  I had a bite last year that sucked, but no necrosis.  The chills and aches where pretty bad though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a huge scar on my leg from one where the muscle/tissue is gone behind the hole it left, and a black circle about the size of a quarter still sits there.  

This guy's face is going to look a lot worse in a few days as the inside decays away and starts oozing.

This.  I've gotten bit by them a couple times.  Started to get a ring and by the next day it was gone.  Not everyone reacts the same way and gets the necrosis.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
From the producers that brought you Taint Scorpion...we have a new level of cringe and terror...the Brown Eye!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Read this thread earlier today, and now just saw this on the ticky tocky, looks like she got really lucky also but still suffered some scarring.

Brown recluse spider bite to face

ETA- And this may be the only reason after 42 years that I do like the winters up here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm actually surprised it looks that good. I was expecting rotting flesh.
View Quote

It's early still
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks painful
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]
The "worse" part is that the fag has those god damned ear stretcher things.  Hopefully, the next bite is on his taint!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd also be laying down a THICK layer of spider spray at all entrances.
View Quote

That would be a mistake.  They don't groom themselves the way that many spiders do so they are resistant to sprays.  And they will feed on dead and dying insects, so a bug bomb just makes food easier to get for them.

Sticky traps and keeping your place super clean are the best bet.  Keep your clothes hanging up, keep your bedding from touching the floor.

I had them when I lived in MO.   Took extra care to make sure I didn't bring any of the motherfuckers with me when I moved to IN.  I've never seen one here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Those black jumping spiders with white and yellow markings are the best recluse killers that there are.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I was bit in the ear once while sleeping on the ground at FT Bragg.

I don't remember feeling sick at all, but once the swelling went down the whole ear turned black. Then all the skin peeled off like a hard boiled egg.

I was deep tan all over my head and had a bright pink ear.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Guy's been MIA for two days.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:47:34 AM EDT
[#16]
i almost lost my left arm to a brown recluse, fuck those things..
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]
That sucks. Get better,  OP.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This fuckr was in my lunch cooler one morning

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219796/20150910_055658-1_jpg-1708488.JPG
View Quote

Well, hell.

I never paid much attention to them, but I've been killing those things all over the house.   I've got recluse, hundreds of black widows, 6 inch centipedes that are aggressive as hell, western diamondbacks hiding in a dozen places, and western prairie rattlesnakes trying to take back the property.

But it is still a hundred times better than living in California or New York.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Are those fleas all over his shirt too??

J-
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#20]
The recluse spiders are why jumping spiders are one of man's best friends in the animal kingdom.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#21]
People are so FOS.  

No spider bit that dude. He got a skeeter or flea bite and picked up a staff infection.

They way people talk about spider bites cracks me up. Sometimes you would think they are crawling around biting random folks just to fuck them up.

Unlike wasps and bees spiders can’t just fly up and sting. To get that guy on the head it had to crawl along bare skin and he would have brushed it off before it caused any problem.  

People that get bit by spiders for real get bit on hands and fingers because they reached unknowingly into a web under the house or in a wood pile.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#22]
If a brown recluse did that, I'd capture it, put it in a homemade terrarium and name it Mike Tyson.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Guy's been MIA for two days.

https://i.imgur.com/E03Btt6.jpg
View Quote

Looks like he did ok.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad I don't live in Australia...

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People are so FOS.  

No spider bit that dude. He got a skeeter or flea bite and picked up a staff infection.

They way people talk about spider bites cracks me up. Sometimes you would think they are crawling around biting random folks just to fuck them up.

Unlike wasps and bees spiders can’t just fly up and sting. To get that guy on the head it had to crawl along bare skin and he would have brushed it off before it caused any problem.  

People that get bit by spiders for real get bit on hands and fingers because they reached unknowingly into a web under the house or in a wood pile.

View Quote

I can easily imagine how it happened. Dude lives in squalor, has a lot of old clothes strewn across his bed. The creepy crawlies have come in to feast on his cheeto dust, and that brings predators. He's sleeping, the morning light shines on his face, so he grabs an old pair of shorts to cover his eyes. But there's a spider in it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#26]
"Now, I'm not putting down your Black Widow spider, but in Australia, we have spiders that can kill a man, just by looking at him."   Mick Dundee
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#27]
He really likes wearing that hoody.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
People are so FOS.  

Unlike wasps and bees spiders can't just fly up and sting. To get that guy on the head it had to crawl along bare skin and he would have brushed it off before it caused any problem.  

View Quote
Not so much.  I just got one overnight sleeping, never felt a thing.  I woke up to the small purplish bruise like mark Sunday morning.  By Wednesday, after being on antibiotics for two and a half days it had progressed to this....  The stripe goes all the way to the armpit.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
People are so FOS.  

View Quote

Wrong.

I've been bitten by them twice, both while sleeping in the same room a year apart. The one on the inside of my thigh the spider was pasted to my leg dead and identified. It didn't go necrotic. The one on my foot did, but didn't result in severe tissue death. Even 12 years later the light scarring will get irritated sometimes and the entire top of my foot will turn red and feel hot and itchy.

I didn't live in squalor and in fact checked my sheets often before going to bed after the first one. My room was next to a wood pile and they apparently came in through the window. After the second time I started spraying around my window and the wood pile and never saw one at that residence again.

They are hunter spiders so they roam and are very curious.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]
SHIT!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top