Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, didn’t he come out last year or the year before with some grave health announcement that explained his absence from anything Hollywood? I’m positive of it. That or I’ve jumped timelines.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
He's at least several years in, decent chance he won't make 70.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My brother is 67. He still works 40 hours a week. He hiked almost 1100 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail last year. Sharp as a tack.

Last I checked the average lifespan for a white male is 82. By comparison, at 67 you typically have 12-15 years left.

I’m 55. My response is to those that expect people who are 67 are ripe for death.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

67 is well past the median age of the average life span. Its the opposite of young. Those of you saying 67 is "young" are having an emotional response to a number that is close to your own. My Mom was diagnosed with dementia at 67 and died at 69. She was not young.

My brother is 67. He still works 40 hours a week. He hiked almost 1100 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail last year. Sharp as a tack.

Last I checked the average lifespan for a white male is 82. By comparison, at 67 you typically have 12-15 years left.

I’m 55. My response is to those that expect people who are 67 are ripe for death.

My parents are 90. They still drive around the country on trips. They went out west last year for a few months and regularly drive 8 hours a day on a trip. Age is just a number. Until it isn’t…
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My parents are 90. They still drive around the country on trips. They went out west last year for a few months and regularly drive 8 hours a day on a trip. Age is just a number. Until it isn’t…
View Quote

That's legitimately terrifying, people that old shouldn't be fucking driving
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably one of maybe 5 actors I'd actually be excited to have a conversation with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The 2018 remake of Death Wish was pretty good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I enjoyed his acting in so many movies and back when he started in Moonlighting (?).  But I stopped watching anything made after 2015. You can see he lost o lot of his expression and witticisms. Very very sad to see. The last couple of years of movies just felt like exploitation of his name. May have to rewatch Last Man Standing now.

The 2018 remake of Death Wish was pretty good.

Thanks I’ll check it out. Sounds like good one for him to take on!
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like he is rapidly declining from the news story I caught.
I thought I saw theres a new drug being advertised to slow the progression.
Doesn’t look good for him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish him luck in his battle. This getting old shit sucks
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The word salad you just cooked up doesnt make sense. Being young means less than the median age. Even if the average age was 100, 67 is well beyond the median. It still isn't young. What is the mental block some of you seem to have about this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s become relatively young, generally. Besides his mental decline if you looked at recent pictures of Bruce Wills and someone who is almost 70 from 50 years ago,it’s a marked difference.
Also, when your family tends to live to 100 instead of 50 like hood rats and trailer trash,it skews your perspective and normalcy bias.

The word salad you just cooked up doesnt make sense. Being young means less than the median age. Even if the average age was 100, 67 is well beyond the median. It still isn't young. What is the mental block some of you seem to have about this?

Relatively minor stuff that 70 years ago took out a lot of people in their 50s and 60s is easily survivable now.

People expect to live into their 90s+ and be healthy up to the last moment

60s is definitely old. It’s just a more survivable old than it used to be for most people.

But there’s still plenty of stuff that will take you out with a quickness at almost any age that there’s little or no recourse for.

I hope I have 60 good years ahead of me but you never know.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear this.
I hope his family takes good care of him (I'm sure they will).
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

67 is not young, it's unfortunate but he had a good run.
View Quote

This ^^....

At least he's getting a chance to get good with God. Not everyone is given a notice...
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

67 is likely the retirement age for you set by the government.

(It's young by today's standards)
View Quote

That is because it's not the government's goal to actually pay you your retirement.

It's to ensure that enough people die off before taking that retirement, in a macabre type of "means testing".  The original age was set the way it was so that most people would die before they were paid.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#15]
My mother is an in an (excellent) home for in her case, a rare neurological degenerative disease.   A few years ago, I went for a visit and an employee and woman ~ my age got in the elevator.   The woman was well groomed and clean. I simply thought she was visiting like myself.   She turned and looked squarely through me and said "Are you in our class?"  Immediately (and luckily),  the door opened and the employee shuffled her away.

She was gone, and it freaked me out. Still does...
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Guy's had a good run, better than most... he'll live forever on the screen.

It's coming for all of us
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Sad news. I've enjoyed and seen about every movie he has made, Including Hudson Hawk.

Every day after 40 is a gift.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I dont think anyone is "ripe for death" until they are and age doesnt necessarily make it the case. My Grandad was 90 years old, still mowing an acre yard with a push mower, and died of a massive heart attack right before he finished. He was not young either and your comparison of activity to age means nothing like my previous statement. At 55 you are not young. At 40 I am not young, I'm middle aged. At 37 my wife is middle aged. My kids are young. Y'all are just afraid to admit you're old. Its ok, it beats the alternative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

67 is well past the median age of the average life span. Its the opposite of young. Those of you saying 67 is "young" are having an emotional response to a number that is close to your own. My Mom was diagnosed with dementia at 67 and died at 69. She was not young.

I dont think anyone is "ripe for death" until they are and age doesnt necessarily make it the case. My Grandad was 90 years old, still mowing an acre yard with a push mower, and died of a massive heart attack right before he finished. He was not young either and your comparison of activity to age means nothing like my previous statement. At 55 you are not young. At 40 I am not young, I'm middle aged. At 37 my wife is middle aged. My kids are young. Y'all are just afraid to admit you're old. Its ok, it beats the alternative.

No one is saying 67 or even 55 is young. Many of us have watched family, friends and acquaintances live to older than 67 before developing health problems like this. Ergo, 67 does seem a bit early to have a condition like that develop. Or not quite old enough if you’re so hung up on semantics.

Spare us the examples of outliers.

JFC, this isn’t difficult.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Why is Demi making a statement in his health if they haven’t been married in over 20 years?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#20]
This is so terrible and sad. He entertained our family for two generations.

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why is Demi making a statement in his health if they haven’t been married in over 20 years?
View Quote

I am wondering the same
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:16:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn.

But I would be remiss if I didn't say "Bruce 2024!"
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:17:04 AM EDT
[#23]
That’s fucking awful.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:20:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to this both his current wife and ex-wife are working together to take care of him. Ideally I hope it's out of genuine concern and love, but you never know for sure.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11760327/Inside-Bruce-Willis-blended-family-women-rallied-including-ex-wife-Demi-Moore.html
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I dont know his views and that's how I like it. I have been watching this guy since he started his career on Moonlighting. I feel really bad for him, as that is not the way to end your life. I, due to major hypoxic and metabolic encephalopathy, will be joining him in the not too distant future, and its quite scary to think about.

I wish him the best.

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wish him luck in his battle. This getting old shit sucks
View Quote

There's no battle left to fight, unfortunately.  The enemy has overrun the base and is bayoneting the remaining survivors.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No one is saying 67 or even 55 is young. Many of us have watched family, friends and acquaintances live to older than 67 before developing health problems like this. Ergo, 67 does seem a bit early to have a condition like that develop. Or not quite old enough if you’re so hung up on semantics.

View Quote

What is with GD’s mass denial of aging and being old?

67 is fucking old.

67 is not “a bit early” to develop any condition. The current life expectancy is only 76. Anyone who lives to 67 with no major ailments won the life lottery and is luckier than 99% of humans who have ever lived.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 3:12:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I will an hero myself most ricky tick if I have a diagnosis like this. I worked a long enough time in eldercare to see what is coming.

A night or two of booze, a bunch of cigarettes and a lethal dose of street H will be my demise.

And that's OK.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

67 is fucking old.

67 is not “a bit early” to develop any condition. The current life expectancy is only 76. Anyone who lives to 67 with no major ailments won the life lottery and is luckier than 99% of humans who have ever lived.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

67 is fucking old.

Sorry about your shitty genetics.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#31]
No idea who he's married to now, but maybe Demi volunteered to be the one facing the public because of her notoriety and let the rest of the family stay out of the light. They have enough to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My parents are 90. They still drive around the country on trips. They went out west last year for a few months and regularly drive 8 hours a day on a trip. Age is just a number. Until it isn't

Terrifying?...lol...you get scared easy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#33]
that sucks..
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#34]
If your ex wife is still around 20 years later helping you [and your wife] out, you were probably a pretty decent guy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#35]
The FDA recently approved Lecanamab, as a DMT (treatment) for Alzheimer’s.  I wonder if this drug would help?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Sucks all the great actions stars of my youth are aging out
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

67 is fucking old.

I am in my 60's.....all my siblings [6 total, 4 in their 60's and 2 in their late 50's] and both my parents are still alive and active.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Good luck to him and his family.
A massive heart attack at the same age is much more preferable to losing your mind, or rotting away from cancer, or getting so frail that you wear a diaper.  Do what you want now, instead of waiting for some magical period in your life when you thing you’ll have more time.  You might go from 100% to potato in a flash or in a matter of months.  After that, there’s no more improvement to your life.  No making plans for the future.  It becomes all about end of life care, and helping you not suffer too much.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why is Demi making a statement in his health if they haven't been married in over 20 years?
View Quote
He is the father of her children, and she loved him at one time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

From a guy in his 30’s with no emotional response to the age 67. 67 is too young.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#41]
My MIL had it. The behavioral variant.  She lost her "filter" and would go up to a fat person, stare at them and say "what happened to you!?"  She became fixated with men.  Overly flirtatious.  Ended up in a lockdown ward of a nursing home.  My wife ,who as a teenager , was at odds with her oversaw her care and became close to her after all.  It was a tough 5 years or so.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#42]
That's a shame, he's one of the good ones.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Very sad.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That really sucks, always like Bruce Willis movies. A good friend of mine from childhood's uncle is pretty high up at a stunt company and has worked with him multiple times over the years. He said Bruce was a good dude and not full of shit like most hollyweirdos.
View Quote

"I got to bang Josie from Josie and the Pussycats  Demi Moore - back when that meant something."

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the Zoomer from Commiefornia. But I'd imagine pretty soon your state would start forced euthanasia of boomers in the next few years.

Google Logan's Run

Average lifespan is 79 years.  Someone who is 67, on average, would have about 16 years of life remaining (surviving your twenties helps).  Given that Bruce Willis is (otherwise) in good physical shape, it would nominally be even better for him.

No, Mr. Willis is not young in the sense of being on the first half of his life, it's certainly quite young for a diagnosis of dementia, which is an average of over the age of 80.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#47]
It really sucks, but I hope he can live out the rest of his life in comfort and some joy

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Ex MIL has it right now, she doesn't recognize anyone but her former husband who still takes care of her.  Don't even know her daughter or grand-kids.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why is Demi making a statement in his health if they haven't been married in over 20 years?
View Quote
They continued to very actively co-parent their children, have actively remained friends, and Bruce's current wife isn't really a public figure.  They clearly still care for each other even though their marriage ended.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good luck to him and his family.
A massive heart attack at the same age is much more preferable to losing your mind, or rotting away from cancer, or getting so frail that you wear a diaper.  Do what you want now, instead of waiting for some magical period in your life when you thing you’ll have more time.  You might go from 100% to potato in a flash or in a matter of months.  After that, there’s no more improvement to your life.  No making plans for the future.  It becomes all about end of life care, and helping you not suffer too much.
View Quote

A Washington arfcom member just passed away at the age of 46 due to a heart attack.....I hardly think it was preferrable to anything.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top