User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn hope he is ok. Prayers.

I'm curious to why the muzzle was pointed at his chest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope he survives.  If it wasn’t suicide, he was a shitty instructor.  4 simple rules.  Follow them.  Sorry to sound cold, but we can all learn from his mistake.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The "Trending" headlines on that site say a lot about the state of the world we live in.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
He’s not ok. He has a Lucas device doing CPR, and is intubated. Hate to sound like a Richard, but he gone. Why did he point a loaded gun at his chest??
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Why was he pointing a loaded firearm at himself?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
how in the actual fuck
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you accidentally shoot yourself in the chest?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He’s not ok. He has a Lucas device doing CPR, and is intubated. Hate to sound like a Richard, but he gone. Why did he point a loaded gun at his chest??
View Quote

yeah I'd have to imagine that's not good
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn hope he is ok. Prayers.

I'm curious to why the muzzle was pointed at his chest.
View Quote

Ricochet?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#12]
He was the only one who was professional enough...
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The molester teacher looks like Will Smith.
View Quote

You're right.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn... Sad to see that happen. Hope he recovers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe a holster mishap. Something like a shoulder rig is impossible to draw from without flagging yourself or someone else.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
The most dangerous person at any firearms training is the instructor.
-Louis Awerbuck
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I can not think of a reason to have the muzzle pointed at my chest. Suicide?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The most dangerous person at any firearms training is the instructor.
-Louis Awerbuck
View Quote

RIP.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to know the how as well.

Maybe uncasing a firearm?  Going over the features and elements of a loaded firearm? Showing a student something, standing in front of the gun and put his hands on it?

Several years ago at one of our local places, there was a guy pulling a loaded rifle out of a case from his back seat. We pulled it out by the barrel, straight towards him.  Trigger got hung and he took a rifle round to the chest.  Died in the parking lot.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Shooting-accident-kills-man-at-Houston-gun-range-1799654.php
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Plate carrier on the range is never a bad idea.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Pretty thin on details. Maybe one of our more local Florida wallahs will have more information.

At this point it could be anything. A reckless “demonstration” about muzzle discipline or possibly the instructor was trying to take control of the muzzle from a student who was fucking up. IDK. Prayers and well wishes out to the guy and his family.

We often believe that this stuff can’t happen to us. Always remind yourself that it CAN. Always practice the FOUR ABSOLUTES of handling a firearm.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He's not ok. He has a Lucas device doing CPR, and is intubated. Hate to sound like a Richard, but he gone. Why did he point a loaded gun at his chest??
View Quote
Is a Lucas device a "geezer squeezer"?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope he survives.  If it wasn’t suicide, he was a shitty instructor.  4 simple rules.  Follow them.  Sorry to sound cold, but we can all learn from his mistake.
View Quote

I agree 100%.  I almost witnessed an LE instructor shoot himself because he trusted another instructor that the pistol he was being handed was empty. Proper procedure is for the slide locked to the rear and no magazine inserted, hand covering the trigger gaurd and exposed chamber facing the person recieving the weapon.  I stopped him and cleared the pistol as a round came flying out of the chamber. They both just stood there in shock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been on the range with some serious retards at work. Thankfully only one ND and it was pointed in a safe direction and no one was injured. We also wear vest but I don’t want to test them out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Will the students get a refund?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The "Trending" headlines on that site say a lot about the state of the world we live in.  

Yeah, but if it happened somewhere other than Florida he would have been celebrated!

ETA they would have let him choose the pronouns Chester/Molester and prosecuted any parents that complained.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree 100%.  I almost witnessed an LE instructor shoot himself because he trusted another instructor that the pistol he was being handed was empty. Proper procedure is for the slide locked to the rear and no magazine inserted, hand covering the trigger gaurd and exposed chamber facing the person recieving the weapon.  I stopped him and cleared the pistol as a round came flying out of the chamber. They both just stood there in shock.
View Quote

"Trust but verify"
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, to paraphrase Marsellus Wallace, he's pretty fuckin' far from OK.  There is a chance, but it's a bloody small one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attempting to catch a dropped gun, perhaps.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Headlines are often incorrect.
I think unless it was intentionally self inflicted then percentages say it was ND by student.
Either way prayers for all involved.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Maybe uncasing a firearm?  Going over the features and elements of a loaded firearm? Showing a student something, standing in front of the gun and put his hands on it?

Several years ago at one of our local places, there was a guy pulling a loaded rifle out of a case from his back seat. We pulled it out by the barrel, straight towards him.  Trigger got hung and he took a rifle round to the chest.  Died in the parking lot.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Shooting-accident-kills-man-at-Houston-gun-range-1799654.php
View Quote

20 years ago a neighbor’s wife went to the truck to go to church. Her husband was hunting the evening before and left his rifle in the truck. She grabbed it by the barrel to put it in the house and the trigger was pulled. A 30/06 to the chest point blank. No surviving that.

My wife knows everything is loaded and to treat them appropriately.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you need to wear a plate carrier at the range to keep from shooting yourself, maybe you should reconsider your instructor creds.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you need to wear a plate carrier at the range to keep from shooting yourself, maybe you should reconsider your instructor creds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Public ranges are magnets for ND.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my town a guy was pulling a SKS from their truck in front of a pawn shop and drilled himself. He fell back into the truck and no one even noticed. This was a busy downtown area. He was discovered when a cop was marking tires for parking violations.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wear a slick plate carrier when I'm teaching.  It isn't because I'm worried about shooting myself by accident though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#39]
The four rules of gun safety are non negotiable
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really, just does high quality compressions for longer than the average person can do. Nothing inherently worse for the patient by being on a Lucas, actually may benefit them more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s not me I am worried about. It is the people around me doing something dumb.

At this point we don’t know if it was the instructor who fucked up or a student.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

In my town a guy was pulling a SKS from their truck in front of a pawn shop and drilled himself. He fell back into the truck and no one even noticed. This was a busy downtown area. He was discovered when a cop was marking tires for parking violations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when a cosmoline packed SKS went full auto and shot it’s owner in the back
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not really, just does high quality compressions for longer than the average person can do. Nothing inherently worse for the patient by being on a Lucas, actually may benefit them more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just heard our FD guys refer to something as a Geezer Squeezer in a meeting one time and I assumed it was a CPR compression device of some sort, but never really dug into it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Let me guess - "Ma finger is ma safety".
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the auto-pulse, lucas is more like a piston pump for the sternum
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Media is reporting it is a 34 yo Customs and Border Protection officer.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, thanks.  I heard our fire guys refer to something as a Geezer Squeezer before.  Just didn't know exactly what it was other than a CPR aid.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

More like a jackhammer with a round tip that's strapped around your torso.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe he dropped it and it went off hitting him in the chest?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Maybe a holster mishap. Something like a shoulder rig is impossible to draw from without flagging yourself or someone else.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top