Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doomers are so much smarter but can't even read a website?  Chinese report 80,000 cases.  Send the entire world into a tailspin for 5,000 deaths plus however many the chinese actually have.  Why is it so difficult to understand thats ridiculous?
View Quote
This is more like video and you seem to think it's a snapshot.

All I can tell you is hide and watch.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Who is uploading/ controlling this site?
View Quote
Worldometer is run by an international team of developers, researchers, and volunteers with the goal of making world statistics available in a thought-provoking and time relevant format to a wide audience around the world. Worldometer is owned by Dadax, an independent company. We have no political, governmental, or corporate affiliation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
anyone started printing tee shirts yet with "I survived the corona virus and all I got was this lousy tee shirt"?
View Quote
We’ll look back on this unnecessary economic crash and wish we had the money to buy the tshirt.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are they waking up as zombies, now not counted as dead?
View Quote
They are just waiting until November to vote....

ETA: beat like all the virus threads....by two hours....
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We’ll look back on this unnecessary economic crash and wish we had the money to buy the tshirt.
View Quote
Speak for yourself! I, for one, will be using my $1,000 of Fed Funny Money to buy 50 $20 novelty coronavirus t-shirts.

ETA: Of course, I may he killed by a crazed hoarder hunter
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So explain to me, Einstein, what happens when someone brings this back into the US later this year?  Are you going to do another "shutdown"?

Furthermore, if the quarantine is only 99.999% effective, and ONE person still has this after the quarantine ends, what do you do when it spreads again?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jfc, if the quarantine works you idiots will continue saying it's no big deal, even though it's the point of shutting everything down.
So explain to me, Einstein, what happens when someone brings this back into the US later this year?  Are you going to do another "shutdown"?

Furthermore, if the quarantine is only 99.999% effective, and ONE person still has this after the quarantine ends, what do you do when it spreads again?
Buy all the TPs, bro.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Speak for yourself! I, for one, will be using my $1,000 of Fed Funny Money to buy 50 $20 novelty coronavirus t-shirts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart move. At least you’ll have something to wipe your ass with. Just don’t flush them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Try to follow along...it's not the number of people infected...it's the rate at which they require hospital care. The country only has an average of 3 beds per 1000 population...plus the fact that Doctors gotta sleep.

If the infection rate is spread out over a longer period of time...more people can get care and more will survive.

It's really not PhD level virology, bro.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't believe that there is any way that the "recovered" cases number is accurate in any way shape or form...  In order to get an "all clear" it requires two consecutive negative tests from what I heard one of the MD's saying on TV today.    They are not wasting the test kits on folks that healed up fine on their own.  A guy that works for me called me Monday night and told me that he was going down hard, fever, aches, etc.   Tuesday he felt like he got hit by a truck, muscles worn out ans shortness of breath just walking across the living room.  Tested negative for influenza A & B this morning.  He called his Doc to see if he should go get the COVID test and he was told no, since he is feeling better.  Said at noon today he was feeling much better and he just sent me a text saying that he feels almost 100% and plans to work from home tomorrow.

Something is fucky!
View Quote
Self reporting no symptoms for a period of time is basically being considered recovered. We don't reswab flu but we say you are recovered.

We had a big recovery by a "he gonna die" patient after 48 hours.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Something that is happening with covid19 is people get really sick, and then feel totally better for 2+ days, and then suddenly get really sick again and die, sometimes within 1 day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe that there is any way that the "recovered" cases number is accurate in any way shape or form...  In order to get an "all clear" it requires two consecutive negative tests from what I heard one of the MD's saying on TV today.    They are not wasting the test kits on folks that healed up fine on their own.  A guy that works for me called me Monday night and told me that he was going down hard, fever, aches, etc.   Tuesday he felt like he got hit by a truck, muscles worn out ans shortness of breath just walking across the living room.  Tested negative for influenza A & B this morning.  He called his Doc to see if he should go get the COVID test and he was told no, since he is feeling better.  Said at noon today he was feeling much better and he just sent me a text saying that he feels almost 100% and plans to work from home tomorrow.

Something is fucky!
Something that is happening with covid19 is people get really sick, and then feel totally better for 2+ days, and then suddenly get really sick again and die, sometimes within 1 day.
Source?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ugh..some of you folks are as bad as the leftists I know who can't stop talking about trump in every other sentence.  Welding the doors shut and locking people in their homes to stop the spread of this and crimes against ethnic groups are two entirely different things.  China sucks, we all know that.  But just stop, look and think about the extreme measures the entire world is taking to try and stop this.

Losing argument I suppose.

In a month we will either have a great many people dead or we won't.  If we don't none of you will admit that we dodged a bullet with these extreme measures we are taking.

I really do hope you guys crying nothing burger are right...But Im not holding my breath.
View Quote
Let's recap, shall we?  You used an idiotic example of a cruel autocracy "welding doors shut" as proof of how bad the virus is.  Is that correct, or not?  And you keep doubling down on your assertion.  Is that correct, or not?  And I called you out on your dumbass non sequitur example.  Is that correct, or not?  And you're moving the goalposts now.  Is that correct, or not?

And I'm "as bad as a Leftist"?

You, sir, are full of the hurr durr tonight.  The First Rule of Holes.  Learn it.  Follow it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I'll survive now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Negative results of an FDA Emergency Use Authorized molecular assay for COVID-19 from at least two consecutive nasopharyngeal swab specimens collected
View Quote
I don't like the sound of that.  I won't be tested.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Speaking of Space Force...  Anybody heard from that bunch recently?  It's almost like the first news about Corona showing up in China came out and Space Force deployed themselves to another planet.

What was that Star Gate "B Site" planet called?
https://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/161/160943/Loadinggate_003.png
View Quote
I am disappoint. Was called the alpha site.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Increasing infections does not decrease death rate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Using the John Hopkins map, US death rate has dropped from 1.7% to 1.51% in 24 hours.
Wait, wut?

If I have 1000 infected and 10 dead but then I test more people and have 100000 infected and 10 dead doesn't the death rate go down? Asking as I suck at math.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

If I have 1000 infected and 10 dead but then I test more people and have 100000 infected and 10 dead doesn't the death rate go down? Asking as I suck at math.
View Quote
Your math is correct.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

View Quote
You don't suck at math. The Doomers will now try to talk in a circle about doubling. You are correct, as is almost always the case with the simplest answer.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#18]
i think its pretty over hyped, i have been going to work, eating lunch out everyday, if i get it i will deal with it, not going to hole up inside for weeks, just taking some extra precautions
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jfc, if the quarantine works you idiots will continue saying it's no big deal, even though it's the point of shutting everything down.
View Quote
Snapping your fingers keeps elephants away. Trust me. Snap your fingers then look out your front door.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As soon as they have a viable treatment, this will all go away.  The stock market will soar. People will go back to work. Planes will fly and we will all have a good laugh

China will go down the drain as they will not be forgiven
View Quote
This is what I pray for.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If this is so dangerous, shouldn't it be like, ravaging our population?  The numbers being posted are rookie numbers.  And the whole  "shut down everything to slow it down" thing doesn't make sense.  We all come out of hiding in 2-8 weeks and then it starts spearing faster through the population again.  We're not going to be any more immune to it in a month or two. Shouldn't we be using a more staggered quarantine response?

If you filter out the fear & panic, it doesn't seem like this is anything near bad enough for this kind of massive response.  This response is like, "the dead rising and it's spreading like a fire!!" kind of response.  And the reality is it's spreading like a trickle, people are saying half won't even get sick from it, and it's only ravaging the people that would have gotten sick/died from regular flu this year anyway.  I'm all for hanging out at home, but this just seems wayyyyy dramatic.
View Quote
Quiet you! Don't talk common sense here!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
If the initial positive tests are conducted on people who require hospitalization, then the death rate is artificially high because you're excluding a large population of people who didn't have sever symptoms and most likely recover at a higher rate.

Increasing testing beyond just the critically ill, gives the true death rate, which in this case looks like it may be decreasing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Source?
View Quote
Who needs sources when we can just freak the fuck out and spread rumors?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Speaking of Space Force...  Anybody heard from that bunch recently?  It's almost like the first news about Corona showing up in China came out and Space Force deployed themselves to another planet.

What was that Star Gate "B Site" planet called?
https://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/161/160943/Loadinggate_003.png
View Quote
Alpha Site
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your math is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

Your math is correct.
The overall probability of survival is quite high.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't like the sound of that.  I won't be tested.
View Quote
Think Egyptian brain-poker
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Using the John Hopkins map, US death rate has dropped from 1.7% to 1.51% in 24 hours.
Wait, wut?

Math is correct, and in such a case you would be met with "THE VIRUS IS EXPLODING IN INFECTIONS!!!!1!!" from the same guys scare-mongering 3% of all Americans killed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Snapping your fingers keeps elephants away. Trust me. Snap your fingers then look out your front door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about a rock to keep tigers away?
The Simpsons - The Bear Patrol and Lisa's Tiger-Repelling Rock
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is so dangerous, shouldn't it be like, ravaging our population?  The numbers being posted are rookie numbers.  And the whole  "shut down everything to slow it down" thing doesn't make sense.  We all come out of hiding in 2-8 weeks and then it starts spearing faster through the population again.  We're not going to be any more immune to it in a month or two. Shouldn't we be using a more staggered quarantine response?

If you filter out the fear & panic, it doesn't seem like this is anything near bad enough for this kind of massive response.  This response is like, "the dead rising and it's spreading like a fire!!" kind of response.  And the reality is it's spreading like a trickle, people are saying half won't even get sick from it, and it's only ravaging the people that would have gotten sick/died from regular flu this year anyway.  I'm all for hanging out at home, but this just seems wayyyyy dramatic.
But the 1918 flu had a second wave that was far deadlier, the virus is simply trying to lull us into a false sense of security!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I just hope the zombies are the slow walkers, or I'm fucked
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm hoping for topless female zombies at the least. No friggin way in all the seasons of walking dead there wouldn't be one damn big tittied female zombie with a ripped off shirt and no bra. No way.

Tits. Big zombie tits. That's what I want!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm hoping for topless female zombies at the least. No friggin way in all the seasons of walking dead there wouldn't be one damn big tittied female zombie with a ripped off shirt and no bra. No way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how long it would take before some pimp has himself a harem of female zombie prostitutes
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

Let me take your example a little further.

1000 infected, 10 dead

Do lots more tests

100,000 infected 20 dead

ZOMG THE DEATH RATE DOUBLED. AT THIS RATE THERE WILL BE 87 billion DEAD IN 87 days!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But the 1918 flu had a second wave that was far deadlier, the virus is simply trying to lull us into a false sense of security!
View Quote
Me: Oooh virus, you so clevah!
Virus: Me love you loooong time, Lou!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

Some people suck at math more than you think.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Can someone meme this into "zombies confirmed" so I can post it on facebook?

eta good god this thread took a turn.  I meant the original deaths changed from 121 to 97 thing.  If someone has screen shots of the two numbers that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1000 infected, 10 dead

Do lots more tests

100,000 infected 20 dead

ZOMG THE DEATH RATE DOUBLED. AT THIS RATE THERE WILL BE 87 billion DEAD IN 87 days!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

1000 infected, 10 dead

Do lots more tests

100,000 infected 20 dead

You guys can’t be the bad at critical thinking, there’s no way.

You don’t calculate the pending infected in the CFR, which is why you can’t calculate the CFR until you have a large recovered figure. Where’s the absolutes in those pendings and how many of those will not recover? 50%?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

1000 infected, 10 dead

Do lots more tests

100,000 infected 20 dead

View Quote
A reporter said that in so many words this morning in the White House press briefing.  He said the death rate doubled in 12 hours, and asked if that was going to happen every 12 hours.  I swear there was a little bit of tone like, "how do you explain allowing this to happen" when he said it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#40]
look at all the new DNC voters
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Your math is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, wut?

Your math is correct.
Really?

If you go from 1,000 to 100,000 your death rate is still at 100%.

Each one of those infected will die unless they recover. If they stay infected it is assumed they will die.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Doom thread.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Bunch of doom and gloom idiots here.  Had to check the url, thought i accidentially went to DU.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well...look. The 'it's only the flu' flu, H1N1 kills 50,000 people a year. right? The CDC says it has a CFR of 0.1%

CoVID-19 reportedly has a CFR of 1.5% (your claim2, I've heard as high as 3%). That means CoVID-19 is 15 times more deadly than H1N1.

Assuming the same number of infections, (which CoVID-19 is WAY more transmissible), that would equate to 750,000 dead.

The ease of transmission, total lack of natural immunity, and non-existant herd immunity of the Chinese Flu...could likely bump that number up by a factor of 2.

My mouth has just been agape for the past two weeks due to the misinformation, ignorance, and depraved indifference to spreading this shit.

People going out in public thinking 'I won't get it' with zero regards to who they might be infecting - need to be beaten.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CFR went from 5% to 1.5% in 2 weeks.

We're all gonna die.
Well...look. The 'it's only the flu' flu, H1N1 kills 50,000 people a year. right? The CDC says it has a CFR of 0.1%

CoVID-19 reportedly has a CFR of 1.5% (your claim2, I've heard as high as 3%). That means CoVID-19 is 15 times more deadly than H1N1.

Assuming the same number of infections, (which CoVID-19 is WAY more transmissible), that would equate to 750,000 dead.

The ease of transmission, total lack of natural immunity, and non-existant herd immunity of the Chinese Flu...could likely bump that number up by a factor of 2.

My mouth has just been agape for the past two weeks due to the misinformation, ignorance, and depraved indifference to spreading this shit.

People going out in public thinking 'I won't get it' with zero regards to who they might be infecting - need to be beaten.
And it is thanks to better info that it dropped, and it will continue to drop is my belief.
With that said, even if the CFR is .2, that is double influenzas rate.
So last season it was 34k-61k ( I think) estimated to have been killed by the flu.
Double those numbers and that is an example of what a tenth of a percent increase can do.
Panic? No. Take it seriously? Yes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Really?

Each one of those infected will die unless they recover. If they stay infected it is assumed they will die.
View Quote
Which is not the point of the math problem.

1000 or 100000 confirmed infected, but only 10 dead in each case, does not mean 100% death rate.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#46]
The number has jumped to 150 in the US.

COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#47]
A 77 yr old woman passed away in NJ today and her family of 7 have the virus also

her son and daughter also died just hours before she passed all of them had no underlying issues .
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Really?

View Quote
Oy.  Do you not understand the definition of "Mortality Rate"???

Let me help you out.  It is the KNOWN deaths divided by the KNOWN infections.

If the known deaths remains constant while the known infections increases, the mortality rate GOES DOWN.  Mortality Rate CAN VARY OVER TIME as the most vulnerable succumb to the disease early on, leaving healthier people to recover later on.  MORTALITY RATE IS NOT A CONSTANT.  As the disease progresses, the data set of "knowns" becomes bigger and better.

The left side of the bell curve is making quite an appearance tonight.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And it is thanks to better info that it dropped, and it will continue to drop is my belief.
With that said, even if the CFR is .2, that is double influenzas rate.
So last season it was 34k-61k ( I think) estimated to have been killed by the flu.
Double those numbers and that is an example of what a tenth of a percent increase can do.
Panic? No. Take it seriously? Yes.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Which is not the point of the math problem.

1000 or 100000 confirmed infected, but only 10 dead in each case, does not mean 100% death rate.
View Quote
Correct.  Good gawd.  Some people and their math skills.  I would not hire such a person to man the register at a Mickey D's.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top