Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2024 9:29:37 PM EDT

Why Prices Might Never Go Back Down
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
CNBC: Prices will never go down, people need to cope and spend more to keep economy growing
View Quote

Economic growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.
Edward Abbey
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't necessarily agree.  Starbucks jacked up prices to the point that the customer simply can't afford to go as often.

I mean a damn Starbucks "cake pop" is $2.29c and its just a damn single dunkin doughnuts munchkin on a stick.

So they will cut staff hours and cut price.  Service will go down.  Neverending loop of doom.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By callgood:

Economic growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.
Edward Abbey
View Quote

I'm not in agreement with eco-terrorism, but he wasn't wrong.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
starbucks, where if you don't pay $5 extra dollars for them to dump a bunch of corn syrup into your coffee it tastes like shit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ARmory04:

Yep.
View Quote

@eagarminuteman
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Strong logic there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#9]
It's Econ 101 boys and girls. Add some Hitler (not Trump) in any hot spot and we'll see some issues. Just buy crawdads and eat them while you can. My goodness it's nice to be ahead of the game.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BrontosaurusRex:
starbucks, where if you don't pay $5 extra dollars for them to dump a bunch of corn syrup into your coffee it tastes like shit.
View Quote

They have never gotten a penny from me and never will
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
The MSM is carrying potato and the regime's water as usual by putting out this propaganda.  His polling is bad on the economy, and so this shit goes.

Turns out folks don't like being pissed on and told it's raining after all, but we'll see if that translates into votes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
And Obama said that Suck was the new normal.  "What's Trump gonna do...wave a magic wand?"  Funny how no journalist ever circled back to him for comment.

All we need to do is to get rid of the saboteurs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
People are confused that the rate of inflation is going down, but the prices aren't going down?  Do they teach anything in high school anymore?

An inflation rate of "only 4%" means that prices are 4% higher year over year, as defined.  Who gives a crap if it came down from 6% last year?  Even if inflation were 0% prices wouldn't come down.  Don't people know what derivatives are anymore?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#15]
We need deflation. Sure some people will lose jobs, get a better job. Nothing should cost more over time.

TRUMP years were great, bRaNdOm years, the opposite.

Stop printing money and inflation will stop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:06:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#16]
Prices never go down.  Inflation never goes down.  Only thing that changes is the speed of inflation.

Since 2020 my cost of existing went up over thirty percent .  If they want me to buy stuff like I was in 2020 I need a thirty percent raise. I have only got a ten percent raise since then.  That pretty much only revived my retirement plan funding.  When or if I ever get that other 20 percent raise I'll consider buying some shit I don't need.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Torf:
People are confused that the rate of inflation is going down, but the prices aren't going down?  Do they teach anything in high school anymore?

An inflation rate of "only 4%" means that prices are 4% higher year over year, as defined.  Who gives a crap if it came down from 6% last year?  Even if inflation were 0% prices wouldn't come down.  Don't people know what derivatives are anymore?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
View Quote

Most stagflation results in deflation (eventually) after demand falls off a cliff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck you joe Biden, you fucking pathetic fucking pedophile. Fuck your family. Fuck your legacy. May the truth be known. You’re a fucking piece of fucking shit and you’re a child sniffing pedophile.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Fine pay me more.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
I don't necessarily agree.  Starbucks jacked up prices to the point that the customer simply can't afford to go as often.

I mean a damn Starbucks "cake pop" is $2.29c and its just a damn single dunkin doughnuts munchkin on a stick.

So they will cut staff hours and cut price.  Service will go down.  Neverending loop of doom.

View Quote

There is a consumer type who worries about his financial future while drinking a $10 double latte and does not see the irony.

He then uses Starbucks WiFi to log onto Facebook and is kinda mad about government censorship and digital security.

We walks home to his girlfriend's apartment and feeds her cat while she's at work.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
You don't want deflation either.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]
CNBC - Communist Network Broadcasting Comrades.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#24]
They won't go back down across the board.   That would mean the dollar was deflating.   And that's not the good thing some of you with big bank accounts might think it is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By greyninja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHdOnJhr6mY
View Quote

Ahaha ha, fucking ah ha! Pay up serf! You're just a gentle sheep that needs to be milked and fleeced of your wool.  What you thought that's yours,  ha, ha we've sustained you,  and provided for you in your time of need all while standing on your kneck!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Fuck you joe Biden, you fucking pathetic fucking pedophile. Fuck your family. Fuck your legacy. May the truth be known. You’re a fucking piece of fucking shit and you’re a child sniffing pedophile.
View Quote

Could ya tell us,how you really feel?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Deflation tends to suck. High inflation sucks pretty bad. IF you can keep inflation at 1-3%, life seems to go on pretty well.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak406] [#28]
It amazes me that people that once fought for unionization and still do think it’s ok to price people out of life.

Now don’t get me wrong prices will and always have gone up but at the end of the day if wages can’t keep up with inflation and price dcreep it gets to a point where what do you expect people to do.

Spending more for many is not an answer.  A lot of people don’t have it.  

Fortunately I have a good career and have been smart for the most part with my money but not everyone is as fortunate career wise as me.

There is more to life than working 3 jobs to keep food on the table and a roof over their head.  Yeah some could do a better job of being more marketable but at the end of the day there are only so many good paying jobs to be had some people will and do work for 20 an hour.

It’s all part of a grand plan what better way to have most people suck off the government tit than to price them out of living.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Torf:

View Quote

People believe what the liars on the news say.  Their fraudulent analysis of the situation determines how people feel about it because they're too stubborn to believe the news would lie.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Reeks of Jimmy Carter.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#31]
You’ll own nothing and suck dick behind the Amazon warehouse
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Deflation tends to suck. High inflation sucks pretty bad. IF you can keep inflation at 1-3%, life seems to go on pretty well.

View Quote

Best we can do is.come.up with a new way to measure it so it always shows up as 2-3%.

Then anyone who complains must be an idiot!

I dispise those scammers and liars in our government.  And the federal reserve too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Certain prices can definitely go down, for instance gasoline can drop by 50% if we open up all the spickets. Another thing is food. Even houses, we bought a house in 2009 for $125,000 a few years before that the previous owner had paid $275,000 for
Prices go down in recessions
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Certain prices can definitely go down, for instance gasoline can drop by 50% if we open up all the spickets. Another thing is food. Even houses, we bought a house in 2009 for $125,000 a few years before that the previous owner had paid $275,000 for
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By P229SAS:
View Quote

Well that was specific.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By farfromhome:
We need deflation. Sure some people will lose jobs, get a better job. Nothing should cost more over time.

TRUMP years were great, bRaNdOm years, the opposite.

Stop printing money and inflation will stop.
View Quote

The problem is when your entire economic system is fundamentally based on constant growth, deflation brings it's own set of special problems. People don't just start getting richer with deflation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Bezos I - Animated Music Video
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thesquidliest] [#38]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXk0tP-7p0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
You'll own nothing and suck dick behind the Amazon warehouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXk0tP-7p0
Have always found it ironic and amusing that one of our modern-day feudal overlords has a name that means "kisses" in Spanish.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#39]
“Spend more to keep the economy growing”

I’m already spending all I have. I’ll easily spend more.
I’m just lacking something that I can’t create from thin air. What could it be?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:36:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#40]
The headline isn't wrong about high prices being here to stay.

You can't jack up labor wages year after year, pile on regulations and ever-increasing taxes on businesses, ever-increasing govt spending  and expect consumer prices to drop.

We're never going back to pre-Biden prices -- high taxes and artificially inflated labor wages are here to stay.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm surprised CNBC left the comments enabled. They're getting ripped to shreds.

Gotta take a page from NPR and disable all comments on videos - accepting public money but not allowing public commentary.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
CNBC: Prices will never go down, people need to cope and spend more to keep economy growing

Spend more money? So the problem is that people are just have way too much in savings ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#44]
by "to keep the economy growing" they mean "to keep the economy (and the state) from COLLAPSING".

Nothing can keep growing exponentially forever... not a virus, not the deer population, not a ponzi scheme..  the ability to keep the plates

spinning in the air is VERY THIN...

The mind boggling thing is  politicians rarely even talk about it the insane debt... They just pass on the lit

TNT to the next dumb asses who seek election for personal profit and to spend other peoples money .

It's inter- generational child abuse that will enslave young people their entire lives  but what are we

talking about ...the proper use of pronouns .  ___________________-__________________________________-

There is no cure for a debt financed consumption spree. It is simple. There is just a choice of hyperinflation or a sudden collapse.

It really is that simple.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Keynesian economics in action. Break those windows, serf.

And for all the folks saying prices never come down, 2008 would like a chat.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ztug:
View Quote

So you mean the recession where banks wouldn’t sell homes they forclosed on because they’d lose too much money? The same recession where there were so many vacant houses people trashed them for fun? The one where those cheap houses could have been bought by millennials and Gen X who NOW can’t afford a home?

Yeah recessions are great for adjusting prices.  Not much else.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:19:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bgrhammer] [#47]
The bank and I have joint ownership of some property I bought back in 2017, a shitty little starter house way out in  LITTERALY,  EAST bum - fuck Texas. I hear the "Z" generation bitching about the prices and what they can do. They think door-dash at 3 hours a night either jointly or individually will lead them to providence after their 8-12 hour regular shift. The collapse is not far away  and everyone will feel it.

The rich think that they are insulated,  they couldn't be more wrong. The vipers will turn their head their way once they decide the balance of power has been shifted their way.

I live out in Banjo land and the price that people are paying for basic bitch housing, match what I was paying in 2017 Hawaii for a 1 bdr/ bath in a high rise with assiggned parking.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
Keynesian economics in action. Break those windows, serf.

And for all the folks saying prices never come down, 2008 would like a chat.
View Quote

I HATE KEYNES
I HATE KEYNES
I HATE KEYNES
I HATE KEYNES
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
https://i.redd.it/kohdrna4jqx81.jpg

@eagarminuteman
View Quote

If this ain’t the damn truth
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Spend more? So I can be a corporate wage slave my whole life and never get ahead in life? Fuck that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top