BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the expected durability / lifetime of the alloy frames vs steel frame guns?
View Quote

The PCR had some impressive testing before it was adopted by their police. That report is probably over on the cz forum someplace.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought a P09 due to suggestions here on Arfcom.  Liked it so...

I bought a P07 w/ a threaded barrel for my suppressor.  Liked it so...

I bought a P09 w/ a thread barrel for my suppressor.  I shoot the P09s better than the P07 but both guns are quite accurate.

I shoot them way better than my Glocks.

The P07 is now my daily CCW and one of the P09s is my truck gun.  I like the fact you can have 22 rounds of 9mm (21 round mag + 1 chambered).
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry the P01 AIWB and its great.  No light on it though for daily carry.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Obviously.

That said. P07 or 75 D PCR. Which is more betterer?
View Quote

P-01
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Love this one.

Have owned several.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
It's personal preference. I don't like the grip texture on the polymer guns, but that's my only complaint. They shoot about the same, otherwise. If plastic's your thing, go for it. (Not counting the P10 as I haven't shot it, and it's a striker gun)
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I consider myself a CZ guy, but only carry the P10 series.  

If you want a nice CZ to carry, I think the P01 is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What is the expected durability / lifetime of the alloy frames vs steel frame guns?
View Quote

first day with my P-07 i broke her in hard with 500 rounds

God bless Mike Dillon and his wonderful XL650

you’ll be dead and in hell before you wear out a CZ

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's the same or similar to me. DA is awful when new, then slightly less bad when broken in.
View Quote

How about the SA trigger?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

PCR isnt particularly small. Slightly lighter (alloy frame) nd a shorter barrel/slide You'd do as well with a full size depending on your size.
View Quote

I'm a fat bastard, so maybe full size is better for me

I'd go with a 75B if I could find one with a decocker.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's personal preference. I don't like the grip texture on the polymer guns, but that's my only complaint. They shoot about the same, otherwise. If plastic's your thing, go for it. (Not counting the P10 as I haven't shot it, and it's a striker gun)
View Quote

The texture on the P-10 is like a cheese grater on my love handles.

Talon grips are like a cheat code to greatness.  For the P-10, not love handles.  But I might try it.

Best $25 you spend upgrading.

https://talongungrips.com/gun-grips/pistol-grips/cz-usa/
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PCR isnt particularly small. Slightly lighter (alloy frame) nd a shorter barrel/slide You'd do as well with a full size depending on your size.

Can't help you if you like de cock, outside of the P-07 is interchangeable.  I think.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

75BD
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#14]
My czs are as follows.

P07
Tso
Sp01 urban grey
75 compact
P10

I have two p07s if that say anything. It’s my favorite of the bunch.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I had both a P01 Omega and a P07. AIWB the Po7 carried and concealed better for me. Both rode in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5. You can't go wrong with any CZ, the P07 just printed less for me and I think it had to do with the longer radius backstrap.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the same or similar to me. DA is awful when new, then slightly less bad when broken in.

I can only comment about the Omega trigger in the P09.  I bought it sight-unseen because some vendor had a super-duper-Black-Friday discounted price on it, and I figured, "It's a CZ.  How bad can it be?"

Straight out of the box, the DA trigger was really gritty, and had several spots where it felt like it was traveling over sandpaper.  The SA trigger was the same, only shorter and lighter.  After a few hundred rounds through it, the grittiness and sandpaper feeling is completely gone.  The DA trigger is smooth, and very manageable.  The SA trigger is very crisp and easy to pull.  It's easily one of the most accurate pistols I own.  It even outshoots my old S&W 686 shooting target wadcutters.  People say that the Cajun upgrades make a real difference, and maybe they do, but I think it's just fine without them so far.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both are very good for oem triggers. Better than my USP and SP2022. The PCR had slightly less grit and and “slop” than the P07, but broken in it makes no practical difference for me. With that said I’m not much of pistol marksman. They both make me look competent at least.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would start with the SP01.  The metal framed pistols are what CZ is known for for a reason.  It is a great platform.  Doesn’t mean the polymer guns aren’t worth a look, but I would start with a full size if you have a need for such a pistol.

-Mike
View Quote

Already have a 75b omega. Don’t know what I want ??
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Gone through a few CZs; several P07s, a P01 Omega, currently have a distributor special green P01 decocker and a 97BD. I'm probably going to be selling my green P01 at some point, but I'm keeping my 97BD...that one is a "from my cold dead hands" gun.

The P07s are nice for carry; flat sided grips (think like a HK USP) so if those fit you well, great. My main issue with the 07 was the gigantic slide release; my XL sized hands did not agree with it sadly and would randomly lock it open no matter which back strap I had installed. I also had an issue where the tab on the decocker internally broke off (said tab is what interfaces with the decocker spring to keep the decocker up/etc)...a quick replacement part and I was back in business, but it slightly soured me on the Omega FCG from CZ. Slightly. I wouldn't avoid an Omega trigger setup, I'd just know to stock a spare left side decocker for them.

The steel/alloy frame guns are a little heavier, but you can swap grip panels on them...so if a flat sided grip doesn't work for you, you can go from thin to palm swell grips and everything in between. Sadly unlike the P07/09, you can't put on bigger backstraps...it's one of the reasons I may sell my P01; the grip is just kind of small for my hands, even with large palmswell grips on it.

The nice thing about the Omega is it's a lot easier to work on/upgrade than the standard sear cage setup...swapping in new springs and such is a lot simpler, less parts, less complexity. Very easy to "fluff and buff"; the czfirearms.us web site has some great tutorials on how to clean an Omega action up. The downside is it's not nearly as tweakable as the original sear cage assembly is; you can really fine tune the sear cage fire control group a bit more than an Omega setup. Honestly just a hammer spring swap gets it to where I want it to be, but if you're one of those guys who demands a perfect trigger pull and don't mind spending money and time...you can really nerd out on the CZ if you want to.

The other nice thing about the Omega setup; you can decide if you want to run it with a safety or a decocker...you can quickly swap between them. With the original sear cage setup, you're forced into either safety only, or decocker only...no swapping between them.

The original setup with the sear cage on the other hand is a cast iron bitch to detail disassemble, with the decocker version being even more complicated than the safety only version. Stock up on spare lifter arm springs before you start digging into the sear cage...

There's a few reports of CZ compact (P01, etc; steel/alloy framed guns, NOT P07/09) mags being a bit...sticky, and I've seen the same; rounds can get hung up in them, if you drop a partially filled mag the rounds can burp out or even get turned around, etc. Might be just a mag spring thing, might be a mag design thing, dunno, but I've seen it with my own mags...it's another reason I'm a little less sanguine on the alloy CZ compact guns.

If you want a soft shooting 45 though...look at the CZ 97. Yeah it's a monster but holy shit does it shoot.

Either way, one known failing of ALL the CZ guns - the firing pin retaining pin. As little as 15-20 dry fires can deform the pin enough to make it difficult to drive out, or even break the pin entirely. CZ sells it as "this is a wear item and should be replaced frequently"...I guess they don't dry-fire practice in CZlandia? You will NEED to pick up a better firing pin retaining pin from Cajun Gun Works either way, no matter if you go with a P07 or an alloy/steel framed gun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
stuff
View Quote

where did you get that young @DK-Prof avatar?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
stuff

I went to the museum of Bork Bork and shouted Bork at the blonde behind the desk until she gave it to me
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I went to the museum of Bork Bork and shouted Bork at the blonde behind the desk until she gave it to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stuff

You had me so confused, I read that as you borked the blonde behind the counter the the Bork Bork.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You had me so confused, I read that as you borked the blonde behind the counter the the Bork Bork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stuff

Well, I mean, Bork was involved...
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stuff

threesome with this guy? That's pretty damn cool!

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stuff

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/12/19/bork2_wide-8e76220c243e48995054f482f773a7a72ccaa2ed.jpg

"F'n spell check, I said Bjork!"

Why does that dude have a brillo pad on his head?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didnt find a problem carrying one, only went back to a p226r because it has night sights.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Comparing a P-09 to an SP-01 I'd say the SP-01 is definitely nicer, little slicker, nicer trigger, etc, just heavier for sure.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stuff

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/12/19/bork2_wide-8e76220c243e48995054f482f773a7a72ccaa2ed.jpg

Ted Kennedy hated brillo pads.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#29]
The only thing "wrong" with CZ pistols is the 9mm models have chamber dimensions so tight that some loads will jam in the rifling.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a CZ75B, Sig 226, Beretta M9A3, and others.  CZ is not my favorite.  I honestly can't see why people get so madly in love with them.  Trigger shape sucks unless you get a new omega, I think those come with the same trigger as P07.  that one is good.  The grips suck, so costs to upgrade them.   Older Sig grips sucked too, and standard Beretta 92 grip it quite large.  But both of these have been fixed by now.  Standard CZ grips still suck.   My favorite is the 226 with legion grips.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can't help you if you like de cock, outside of the P-07 is interchangeable.  I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isnt the 75b omega convertible switchable from safety to decocker too?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Isnt the 75b omega switchable from safety to decocker too?
View Quote

Omegas are switchable from decocker to manual safety. The P09 and P07 have Omega FCGs along with the 75 Omega and P01 Omega
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The only thing "wrong" with CZ pistols is the 9mm models have chamber dimensions so tight that some loads will jam in the rifling.
View Quote
This is true.  Seen it a bunch with guys shooting 147 gr reloads.  I don't have much experience with hollow points in them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I have an SP-01 and a P-09 I haven’t even shot yet
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a CZ75B, Sig 226, Beretta M9A3, and others.  CZ is not my favorite.  I honestly can't see why people get so madly in love with them.  Trigger shape sucks unless you get a new omega, I think those come with the same trigger as P07.  that one is good.  The grips suck, so costs to upgrade them.   Older Sig grips sucked too, and standard Beretta 92 grip it quite large.  But both of these have been fixed by now.  Standard CZ grips still suck.   My favorite is the 226 with legion grips.
View Quote

The 75 series seems to fit my hand like its an extension of my arm.  That is what I love most about them. My P01 just feels perfect in my mitts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The 75 series seems to fit my hand like its an extension of my arm.  That is what I love most about them. My P01 just feels perfect in my mitts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. They just fit me like a glove.

I used to go through phases where I'd want to try something different. I'd always end up selling whatever I got and buying another CZ.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gone through a few CZs; several P07s, a P01 Omega, currently have a distributor special green P01 decocker and a 97BD. I'm probably going to be selling my green P01 at some point, but I'm keeping my 97BD...that one is a "from my cold dead hands" gun.

The P07s are nice for carry; flat sided grips (think like a HK USP) so if those fit you well, great. My main issue with the 07 was the gigantic slide release; my XL sized hands did not agree with it sadly and would randomly lock it open no matter which back strap I had installed. I also had an issue where the tab on the decocker internally broke off (said tab is what interfaces with the decocker spring to keep the decocker up/etc)...a quick replacement part and I was back in business, but it slightly soured me on the Omega FCG from CZ. Slightly. I wouldn't avoid an Omega trigger setup, I'd just know to stock a spare left side decocker for them.

The steel/alloy frame guns are a little heavier, but you can swap grip panels on them...so if a flat sided grip doesn't work for you, you can go from thin to palm swell grips and everything in between. Sadly unlike the P07/09, you can't put on bigger backstraps...it's one of the reasons I may sell my P01; the grip is just kind of small for my hands, even with large palmswell grips on it.

The nice thing about the Omega is it's a lot easier to work on/upgrade than the standard sear cage setup...swapping in new springs and such is a lot simpler, less parts, less complexity. Very easy to "fluff and buff"; the czfirearms.us web site has some great tutorials on how to clean an Omega action up. The downside is it's not nearly as tweakable as the original sear cage assembly is; you can really fine tune the sear cage fire control group a bit more than an Omega setup. Honestly just a hammer spring swap gets it to where I want it to be, but if you're one of those guys who demands a perfect trigger pull and don't mind spending money and time...you can really nerd out on the CZ if you want to.

The other nice thing about the Omega setup; you can decide if you want to run it with a safety or a decocker...you can quickly swap between them. With the original sear cage setup, you're forced into either safety only, or decocker only...no swapping between them.

The original setup with the sear cage on the other hand is a cast iron bitch to detail disassemble, with the decocker version being even more complicated than the safety only version. Stock up on spare lifter arm springs before you start digging into the sear cage...

There's a few reports of CZ compact (P01, etc; steel/alloy framed guns, NOT P07/09) mags being a bit...sticky, and I've seen the same; rounds can get hung up in them, if you drop a partially filled mag the rounds can burp out or even get turned around, etc. Might be just a mag spring thing, might be a mag design thing, dunno, but I've seen it with my own mags...it's another reason I'm a little less sanguine on the alloy CZ compact guns.

If you want a soft shooting 45 though...look at the CZ 97. Yeah it's a monster but holy shit does it shoot.

Either way, one known failing of ALL the CZ guns - the firing pin retaining pin. As little as 15-20 dry fires can deform the pin enough to make it difficult to drive out, or even break the pin entirely. CZ sells it as "this is a wear item and should be replaced frequently"...I guess they don't dry-fire practice in CZlandia? You will NEED to pick up a better firing pin retaining pin from Cajun Gun Works either way, no matter if you go with a P07 or an alloy/steel framed gun.
View Quote

Flat sided grips are a bad choice for me.  Always struggled with them.  I like big pistol butts, and I cannot lie
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I have owned a shit ton of CZs.  Out of the box I'm not sure which I prefer of those 2 choices, but I will say a cajunized p07 is the best shooting polymer pistol I have ever shot, and installing the Cajun parts yourself on the p07 is miles easier than the pcr.  If I was only going to own one, and it was going to be my primary carry, I would choose the p07 because of the rail.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I will pound the drum for CZ pistols.

I had a FFL friend long ago inform me prior to CZ being a common brand in the US that CZ was a fine pistol at excellent value. He suggested the 2075 RAMI.

Carried the 2075: not lightweight certainly, yet still even dated, quite capable.
View Quote

The Rami is a damn fine pistol, I will never sell mine. It doesn't hurt that I can shoot better and faster with it than any of my other pistols for some reason. I use it as a glove box gun that I could still easily cc if neccessary, and for that it is ideal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#40]
P07 = polymer frame, ambidextrous decocking levers or safeties (operator's choice) with a rail for light/laser.

PCR = aluminum frame pistol with single side decocking lever and no rail for light/laser.

The comparable aluminum framed CZ pistol to the P07 would be the P01 Omega.  Ambidextrous decocking levers or safeties (operator's choice) and the rail for a light/laser.

Which of the two the OP asked about is best?  Depends on his uses and expectations.

I've got CZ75 Compacts (thumb safety, steel frame, no rail), P01 Omegas, the steel framed CZ75 Compacts with the rail on the frame and ambidextrous safeties and P07s.  I carry a P07 day in/day out for concealed carry.  I have, not yet, run across a metal framed CZ Compact that will shoot with that first P07 I bought about 10 or 12 years ago.  Come close?  Yeah, but not as good.  We all (should) know that out of the box two of the same models are likely to shoot differently, so I will not say "P07s are more accurate than the CZ metal framed compacts".  Just that mine is vs. the others I've bought.

I do prefer the feel of the P01 Omega in my hand.  Every time I pick one up my hand tells my brain it's different and good.  Not the weight - the feel.  I only notice the weight difference when I've got a field stripped frame in my hand.

OP, what do you want?  Not sure about decocker or safety?  Go Omega (P07 or P01) and you can use each and decide what you like best.  Magazines for the P01 will definitely be cheaper than for the P07.  I see MecGar 14/15 round magazines for the Compacts on sale for less than $20 sometimes.  The P07/P10C mags will run you over $30 each because they are stamped "CZ" instead of Mecgar.

The P07 might be cheaper than the aluminum framed guns, too.  Money saved on the purchase price of the pistol is more money for magazines, or a holster, or ammo.

A lot of people report buying P07s with absolutely ugly triggers.  Gritty, binding, catchy, etc.  Mine were not.  I've done nothing to my P07 .40 but shoot it over the years and the trigger pull is right at 3 lbs. SA and 8 lbs. DA (never use double action but I measure it sometimes) which has dropped from 3&1/4 lbs. SA when new.  Never was gritty/draggy.  Nice trigger from the start (I am, or can be, a trigger snob).

If you're the kind of person who likes to upgrade, or even pay to have someone else upgrade your pistol, check out Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom to see parts, packages, prices and contact numbers.

Good luck OP.  I've got more than a 5 gallon bucket of pistols and I carry a CZ.  About the only time I don't carry the old P07 .40 is on a road trip when I carry a newer 9MM P07 so my wife and I both carry the same ammo and I only have to pack one container of spare hollow points.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree that the original trigger leaves something to be desired. That said; I would take a CZ w/ a CGW pro-package over any other gun under $2k.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Flat sided grips are a bad choice for me.  Always struggled with them.  I like big pistol butts, and I cannot lie
View Quote

Billion percent seriousness - source a 97B/BD and put a few mags through it.  If you were closer I'd let you shoot mine. The only change I made was to put in a slightly lighter hammer spring...it's a big gun but it shoots soooooooo softly and it feels soooooo right...
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a P07 with CGW trigger. It's sexy AF.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gone through a few CZs; several P07s, a P01 Omega, currently have a distributor special green P01 decocker and a 97BD. I'm probably going to be selling my green P01 at some point, but I'm keeping my 97BD...that
View Quote

IM me if you are cool with shipping that green P01

OP, Ive got P07s and a P01 and other CZs, and all the great reviews here are spot on. Theyre great guns and the only ones Ill carry AIWB, my Glocks go IWB at 3 oclock (yea, yea... I know Glocks are ok at AIWB, but Im more comfortable with the CZ DA in that role).

Cant go wrong with either. Both feel great, but out of the box, the PCR/P01 feels better IMO without having to change backstraps
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Isnt the 75b omega convertible switchable from safety to decocker too?
View Quote

Depends on vintage.  My 2014 is not switchable.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top