[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
you think hes taking requests?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Retired prison Warden with 25 years experience in max prisons. The data is out there. The number of molesters killed because they are molesters is a statistical zero. It happens but is very rare. The number of molesters killed because they owe money, or disrespected the wrong guy or became an enemy of a gang is the cause most of the time.
eta: Prisons are filled with child molesters. They are not some rare kind of inmate. They should all be dead from being assaulted, right? They are not.

eta:  In Texas alone there are 16,606 Offenders incarcerated for AGG SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD. Guess where they are housed. Yep Gen Pop. Texas has 1-3 murders per year inside their prisons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your source on this?

There are lots of YouTube videos of interviews with former inmates.  They all seem to say that if you know a guy is a child molester, and you don't kill him, someone will kill you.
Retired prison Warden with 25 years experience in max prisons. The data is out there. The number of molesters killed because they are molesters is a statistical zero. It happens but is very rare. The number of molesters killed because they owe money, or disrespected the wrong guy or became an enemy of a gang is the cause most of the time.
eta: Prisons are filled with child molesters. They are not some rare kind of inmate. They should all be dead from being assaulted, right? They are not.

eta:  In Texas alone there are 16,606 Offenders incarcerated for AGG SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD. Guess where they are housed. Yep Gen Pop. Texas has 1-3 murders per year inside their prisons.
Duly noted. I guess I fell for the lies.  Thanks for sharing your insight.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL at all the "it probably wasn't actually related to his crime" folks in here. ill add this. In the early 2000's I was arrested and taken to county. While in there other inmates (trustees) I'm assuming were part of the processing of new inmates and had access to a computer I remember with a sheriffs deputy behind him as he input what ever he was doing as we were being processed.

In a group of 10 guys I was in being processed in the deputy tapped the trustee on the shoulder when one of them came up for issue and process.  he received his nice county issue orange trousers, shirt and sandals except his were torn on the bottom.  He came over and sat next to me afterwards and I was told by another inmate I would be wise to move away from his as he was a marked man. Apparently the tear in the bottom of the trousers signaled he was a pedo

ETA, not going to say he was going to get shanked in county but its a safe bet he may of had a ass beating coming
View Quote
Your night in a county jail obviously trumps the experiences of career COs throughout the country.

Thanks for your service, I guess
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I do like the notion that garbage takes itself out in this case.  I've worked with alot of former prison guards and they said aside from some old con croaking, usually inmate deaths are mostly chomos and people who burnt someone on a deal.  Many prisons don't like disclosing why an inmate, whom the state is responsible for died under such circumstances.  But, what we really need here is a drink of Coca Cola.
View Quote
Coke with Captain Morgan...and ice...
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have bad charges you will have a bad time in prison.  They kill people all the time for bad paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
My father-in-law went to prison in Arkansas as a pedo.  I wished he would have had his shit pushed, beaten down or worse.   But, alas, it did not happen.  Damn shame!

So, no, not all pedos are attacked or killed in prison.  In fact, it is so rare that it’s a shame and a sham.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're welcome. I am trying to stop the old wive's tales. When offenders with other crimes are murdered in prison it rarely makes the news. The idea is to sensationalize this. I'd like to know what the killer himself has to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoting to hopefully spread knowledge

Thank you, sir
You're welcome. I am trying to stop the old wive's tales. When offenders with other crimes are murdered in prison it rarely makes the news. The idea is to sensationalize this. I'd like to know what the killer himself has to say.
Very interesting.

Yet another thing we have been “taught” by the media that wasn’t true.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, your few hours in jail certainly trumps my experience in the field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL at all the "it probably wasn't actually related to his crime" folks in here. ill add this. In the early 2000's I was arrested and taken to county. While in there other inmates (trustees) I'm assuming were part of the processing of new inmates and had access to a computer I remember with a sheriffs deputy behind him as he input what ever he was doing as we were being processed.

In a group of 10 guys I was in being processed in the deputy tapped the trustee on the shoulder when one of them came up for issue and process.  he received his nice county issue orange trousers, shirt and sandals except his were torn on the bottom.  He came over and sat next to me afterwards and I was told by another inmate I would be wise to move away from his as he was a marked man. Apparently the tear in the bottom of the trousers signaled he was a pedo

ETA, not going to say he was going to get shanked in county but its a safe bet he may of had a ass beating coming
Well, your few hours in jail certainly trumps my experience in the field.
Huge lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
how common is rape in prison? im guessing stats dont show the truth because im sure rape is rarely reported by inmates?

what's your take?

i've been listening to fpsrussia's prison experience. it sounded far more boring and uneventful than what TV portrays.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
how common is rape in prison? im guessing stats dont show the truth because im sure rape is rarely reported by inmates?

what's your take?

i've been listening to fpsrussia's prison experience. it sounded far more boring and uneventful than what TV portrays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's your take?

Don't eat the honey bun that's left on your bunk. For real.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Life coach & motivational speaker right there. Seems he has found his path in life...
View Quote
Lori Loughlin should have hired him as her prison coach

Dude is intense, with obvious anger issues. Interesting POV from someone knowledgable, and mostly positive. No clue why he shows up on my device, probably from watching prison movies and documentaries.

As to the OP, nothing I'd say is new. Good riddance. I'd put $ towards his commissary account if I knew how.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Bumping this up. The guy I posted a vid of earlier in this thread just put this up on YT about the situation in the OP. This guy spent a lot of time in the CA prison system.

NSFW because of language.

Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]
The killer's motives don't interest me much. The chomo is now cured and the world is a little better for it. Give the man a steak dinner and throw the perverts carcass in a ditch for the coyotes to eat.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've done a lot of work in prisons over the years and have had some interesting conversations with COs in that time. Inmates working in the laundry like to cut the asshole out of a marks underwear.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's your take?

lol

This matches what I've been told by staff and former inmates I know. Most victims of prison rape ended up there because of unpaid debts. Don't get too friendly with Peaches or take his gifts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Child molesters / pedos / whatever are one of those cases that I don’t think people can be rehabilitated from.

So if they get that ending, just better off for humanity as a whole.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Actual rapes are very rare as well. There is lots of sex. rape allegations usually stem from break ups and then one of them will try to get the other in trouble. The Prison Rape Elimination Act is a huge pain in the ass but it did some good.
View Quote
Phrasing...
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

what's your take?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's your take?

You said "rape" twice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bumping this up. The guy I posted a vid of earlier in this thread just put this up on YT about the situation in the OP. This guy spent a lot of time in the CA prison system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-Cw_UJfoE
View Quote
Prison inmates are being fed too much.

Should be just enough to survive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Commissary bro. You can work a job inside for small funds, or people can put money on your books from the outside. Gives that inmate a much different food selection than what is provided by the prison.

You should see the "connoisseur" stuff they do to basic ramen noodles
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Commissary bro. You can work a job inside for small funds, or people can put money on your books from the outside. Gives that inmate a much different food selection than what is provided by the prison.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,they let them bring in fast food here too.

Bunch of shit,imo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah,they let them bring in fast food here too.

Bunch of shit,imo.
View Quote
I don't disagree a bit.

My only stint was a weekend in Orleans Parrish prison in NOLA for underage consumption. I went in with $3k in my pocket. Bought some Debbie snacks and 75 cent pouches of Bugler tobacco, gave most of it away just so I'd be left the F alone. That trip solidified my ideal that I am not meant for a cage.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-Cw_UJfoE
View Quote
Hard way to learn life lessons. That and "can't afford a fucking shirt?"
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What is your source on this?

There are lots of YouTube videos of interviews with former inmates.  They all seem to say that if you know a guy is a child molester, and you don't kill him, someone will kill you.
View Quote
In the California prison/jail system gen pop inmates affiliate to a prison gang based on their race. Even if they aren't active gang members there are expectations on their behavior passed down from the top end of the Mexican Mafia/Aryan Brotherhood/Nortenos/etc.

One of those expectations is that if you are ever "crossed"(accidentally put in the same place by staff) with a protective custody inmate(snitches, drop outs, child milestones) you have to "hit" the PC inmate or you will be "hit" and made to roll it up and go PC yourself.

Hit doesn't mean kill, it means attack. 95% of the assaults on PC inmates I have dealt with were just face saving punches and the aggressor gave up as soon as staff was en route. Some of them would just punch the dude one time and then lay down with his hands up if he was out of view of other inmates.

Outside of the big time prisons where everyone is doing life it is fairly rare for them to put in the effort to shank or beat to death a PC inmate unless the aggressor knows he's going away for life anyway or doesn't give a fuck and is trying to gain status with a gang.

The higher security the prison is and the more time people are facing, the more likely it is the attack will be an actual intent to murder rather than checking the box to continue peacefully living in a GP inmate housing area.

My source on that is I worked as a Deputy Sheriff in a county jail that housed overflow state prison inmates.

The majority of them are pussies and most of the violence they commit is of the face saving nature so they don't look like a pussy to other prisoners. They are also incorrigible liars, to a fucking man, and always make prison out to be harder and more violent than it really is whenever they get to talk to media types.

So the dude is sort of correct. If he's serving life with a bunch of lifers in Corcoran or some shit he might very well get stabbed for failing to make a legitimate attempt on the life of a PC inmate. But in most facilities he would just get beat up a little.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you have bad charges you will have a bad time in prison.  They kill people all the time for bad paperwork.
View Quote
Not really.

You WILL get your booking sheet checked by your cell mate in the GP section of any California jail with more than 100-200 inmates. If you have child sex or rape charges they will tell you to roll your shit up and PC out of the section and if you don't they will beat you up. The PC status will follow you to CDCR unless you opt out of it there or whatever.

Very unlikely to kill you though, since most of this process happens at County Jail general population where no one is looking to buy themselves a life sentence, and the Classification deputies are not dumb enough to cell up a child molestor with any hardcore gangster facing life who is likely to murder them. Shit, at the facility I worked in it was a moot point because PC charges just got you sent to the PC tank automatically.

There was also an unofficial "truce" between the prison gang lifestyle types and everyone else in booking and we'd leave them in the same 12 man cell for 12-24 hours unless the PC was a major snitch or high profile media arrestee or something. The goal of passing booking and getting a bed and blanket supersedes beating up child molesters, and fucking around in booking gets your ass sprayed and thrown in a cold rubber cell with a hole in the floor to shit in and no blankets, so they contain themselves pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I worked in max custody, as well as what most people would refer to as a "Supermax" type unit, in both general population and protective custody.

As others have said, attacks related to sex crimes are rare. I've seen a few, but generally the guys who were attacked were also failing to play nice in prison, in addition to their other crimes.

One that stands out is a rapist who drowned a 3 year old, then raped a transgendered inmate in prison. He ended up with a crushed skull.

Another was a former priest convicted of molestation. He had to be in an isolation cell, no one would let him house with them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top