Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2024 1:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k]
https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/california-advances-0-down-no-payment-home-loans-for-undocumented-immigrants-cost-pressures-appropriations-committee-analysis-household-income-assistance-program

California advances 0 down, no payment home 'loans' for undocumented immigrants

by KENNETH SCHRUPP | The Center SquareWed, August 21st 2024 at 11:27 AM
Updated Wed, August 21st 2024 at 11:27 AM

(The Center Square) — The California Senate Appropriations Committee advanced a bill to allow undocumented immigrants to make use of the state’s zero down, no payment home “loan” program, an expansion the legislature says would create “significant cost pressures.”

The social and economic benefits of homeownership should be available to everyone. As such, the California Dream for All Program should be available to all,” wrote bill author Assemblymember Joaquin Arambula, D-Fresno. “When undocumented individuals are excluded from such programs, they miss out on a crucial method of securing financial security and personal stability for themselves and their families.

AB 1840, which already passed the Assembly and now faces a floor vote in the Senate, would prevent the state’s California Dream for All Shared Appreciation Loans program from denying individuals on the basis of their immigration status. This program allows applicants to secure “loans” of up to 20% of the home’s purchase price — or, about what a typical down payment is — with zero down payment on this state loan, and no payments.

The state’s “loan” can potentially be repaid to the state when the home is refinanced, sold, or transferred, with the borrower paying back the original loan amount plus 20% of any increase in value on the property. It’s not clear what happens if a family decides to hold on to a home as there are no provisions on how long a property can be held for, which means certain kinds of trusts could potentially allow the loan to not be paid back.

The Appropriations Committee analysis said expansion would create “unknown significant cost pressures, potentially in the millions annually, to provide additional funding for the Home Purchase Assistance Program to accommodate the expanded eligibility population.”

This year, 18 thousand individuals applied for the $255 million “loan” program through a lottery, leaving 1,700 lucky winners with up to $150,000 each towards down payment and closing costs.

President George W. Bush’s home down payment assistance program for less qualified individuals is widely blamed for fueling the housing bubble — by increasing housing prices and decreasing loan recipient quality — that led to the 2007-2008 global financial crisis.

The median home in California costs nearly $1 million and requires a household income of over $200,000, or more than triple the median household income, to afford.
View Quote

The social and economic benefits of homeownership should be available to everyone. As such, the California Dream for All Program should be available to all,” wrote bill author Assemblymember Joaquin Arambula, D-Fresno. “When undocumented individuals are excluded from such programs, they miss out on a crucial method of securing financial security and personal stability for themselves and their families.

AB 1840, which already passed the Assembly and now faces a floor vote in the Senate, would prevent the state’s California Dream for All Shared Appreciation Loans program from denying individuals on the basis of their immigration status. This program allows applicants to secure “loans” of up to 20% of the home’s purchase price — or, about what a typical down payment is — with zero down payment on this state loan, and no payments.

California needs to finish this and secede so we can put a  wall around it and ban them from coming here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't stop in California
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you think any of the Americans living in Calli want this?

like actual American citizens, not Marxist loosers, or illegals ?

Derp.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#3]
How dumb will a seller have to be .or a lender?

now an unscrupulous agent is another story
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck california
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By turbo_infidel:

Derp.
View Quote

No, I don't think americans in cali want this. I think (new - since the downfall of the state) californians want this, or will tolerate it.

It genuinely sucks to be you because you should get out (I don't see how you can stop this stuff) but none of us want you or trust you because of this stuff ... which is NOT your fault because of things like the one party system (jungle primaries/elections/etc.).

Why you guys aren't doing whatever is necessary that's not wrong to get the heck out of cali (what did they call the secession effor to split the state? Jefferson or something like that?) is beyond me.

As it stands, the state government of cali and all the voters who aren't doing what they reasonably can to oppose this stuff are anti-american.

Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:

View Quote

I think you'd be surprised at the really, really shitty decisions lenders frequently make.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Its not a matter of people not being able to realize this is a momentous shitty decision.. But a question of what are they receiving on the back end to push this thru? They know this is retarded..
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Just another advance in the low key race war and replacement.

Eventually this place will look like South Africa where whites live behind walled compounds with armed security. With outside the walls looking like thunder dome.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:

I think you'd be surprised at the really, really shitty decisions lenders frequently make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glck1911:

Why not? If you tank your bank/company big papa gov will just hand you money.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
This isn't good enough. Just give them free homes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

As long as the seller gets their money from whatever lender is dumb enough to give out a loan I don't think they will care.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By rno172:

Eventually this place will look like South Africa where whites live behind walled compounds with armed security. With outside the walls looking like thunder dome.
View Quote

Didin't the black people get shoved out of ... where was it, LA? oakland? somewhere like that? by the mexicans?
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Notice how the word "loan" is in quotations?
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 3:13:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#14]
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By King_Mud:

Why not? If you tank your bank/company big papa gov will just hand you money.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

No, I don't think americans in cali want this. I think (new - since the downfall of the state) californians want this, or will tolerate it.

It genuinely sucks to be you because you should get out (I don't see how you can stop this stuff) but none of us want you or trust you because of this stuff ... which is NOT your fault because of things like the one party system (jungle primaries/elections/etc.).

Why you guys aren't doing whatever is necessary that's not wrong to get the heck out of cali (what did they call the secession effor to split the state? Jefferson or something like that?) is beyond me.

As it stands, the state government of cali and all the voters who aren't doing what they reasonably can to oppose this stuff are anti-american.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By turbo_infidel:

Derp.

I guess I don't have to remind you that we attempted 4x times to recall Newscum and failed each time,

but we don't own the voting machines here.. His aunt Pelosi does from what I hear.

As Christian I believe America is a gift from God, and the land gifted to us that we call California is beautiful, and worth fighting for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Saying stupid shit like "You should move to a free state" or "You get what you vote for" has gotten very old, especially when we have Biden for president. That's like saying you should get out of the U.S. because of Biden or Harris being president, I assume you didn't vote for them or support them. Think for just a little before posting stupid shit like that, because everyone in this country is in serious trouble because of their idiotic policies that IMHO are being put into place to tank our country on purpose.

I have to assume you're just trolling because of all the inflammatory stuff you post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Thank you for saving us Duperman, you truly are a hero.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 6:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gettysburg30] [#19]
Originally Posted By Ratchet27:
View Quote

Might as well what is the qualifications  They have to pay the loan back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Number_Six] [#20]
Newsom vetoes California Dream for All housing bill that would help undocumented immigrants
kcra.com/article/california-dream-for-all-newsom-vetoes
"Gov. Gavin Newsom has vetoed a bill that would have allowed undocumented immigrants to apply for first-time homebuyer assistance through the California Dream for All program..."
Newsom's veto message:

"Given the finite funding available for CalHFA programs, expanding program eligibility must be carefully considered within the broader context of the annual state budget to ensure we manage our resources effectively," the message read. "For this reason, I am unable to sign this bill."
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Drumbic] [#21]
Originally Posted By Number_Six:
Newsom vetoes California Dream for All housing bill that would help undocumented immigrants
kcra.com/article/california-dream-for-all-newsom-vetoes
"Gov. Gavin Newsom has vetoed a bill that would have allowed undocumented immigrants to apply for first-time homebuyer assistance through the California Dream for All program."
View Quote

He knows this would NOT help his girl with election. Cause you know they dont give a fuck about 'funding'.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Theyll be painting their town red soon as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#23]
What could go wrong in a state where a three quarters of a million dollars* is the average home price?

*"The average home value in California is $784989, up 6.0% over the past year," according to Zillow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#24]
So instead of giving reparations to Black Slaves, they give free homes to Spanish invaders.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#25]
This will certainly help to make housing more affordable for everyone...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Blackrock etc will hate this.

Or they’ll take advantage of it by hiring illegals to buy the homes and then take them off their hands at a steal. FC
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#27]
This sounds about right for California. Free to everyone but those who are actually from here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Why doesn't the State just appropriate the homes of Republican voters and give those to the illegals?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Free shit army . Someone should tell them how this all ends .
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Drumbic] [#30]
Update in post 20 for those who missed it.... LOL

The used car salesman veto'd it
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Never stop being you California.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#32]
No payments?

How does that work?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#33]
This will be the end of our nation: If you work hard and contribute, you carry the load.
You are insured yet pay for your own health care. They get you at every turn. The better you do, the more you pay.

If you show up with nothing, they roll out the red carpet.

Fundamentally fucked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Loans?

lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#35]
This will just push productive members of society out of California. You'll have yuppies and working poor illegals. The middle class will get squeezed out. The EC votes were going blue anyway what's it matter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Didin't the black people get shoved out of ... where was it, LA? oakland? somewhere like that? by the mexicans?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rno172:

So, back in 2005, I frequently had time to kill, and rental cars, so I sometimes would drive around the infamous areas of Cali such as Compton.  “Ghetto safari”.  
The legendary black areas near LA were already largely transformed into Mexico,  20 years ago.  I was impressed how they had booted da boyz outa da hood.  
Parts of Oakland still black iirc.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jaime1982:
Fuck california
View Quote
My entire life I've been waiting for the San Andreas fault to fracture and have the whole coast line slide into the ocean.

When's that going to happen?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Evidence not everyone should be allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fishing_cabin:
It won't stop in California
View Quote

And it will result in Democratic control in perpetuity, just as they planned.

They are much better at accomplishing their goals than we are. We have ceded education, MSM and public policy to them and now they are preparing to run the table.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#41]
See that black voters?
Ya see that?
They squashed your reparations bill, in favor of illegals…
Feelin used yet?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Ratchet27:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#43]
How many here are going to keep going on and on and on and on not knowing Newsome veto'd thebill?

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Crime pays in california, tax payers should be pissed off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
How many here are going to keep going on and on and on and on not knowing Newsome veto'd thebill?

View Quote

Because they will keep pushing s**t like this until they have a Governor who won't veto it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:
Free shit army . Someone should tell them how this all ends .
View Quote

Too many parasites usually destroy their host. Most have the same IQ as a tape worm.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Living the dream Americans cant

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I heard it explained as they would have to pay the money back if they sold the home. So they will keep it forever and pass it on to their children, and possibly just collect a few of them to use as rental homes to make money off the money they didn't spend in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Lenders will get fucked, they'd have to be retarded to touch this. Though I'm sure they'll be required to by law.

Sellers won't give a shit. They get paid by the lender. They get their money and move on to their new house. What happens with the old property is not their problem to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#50]
How do I document that I'm undocumented?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top