User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 1:36:48 PM EDT
California store shames shoplifter with 'mugshots' wall-of-shame display
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Racist camera
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:39:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#2]
I am skeptical of how effective this will be.  Lack of shame is very high on the list of reasons why this country is rotting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I am skeptical of how effective this will be.  Lack of shame is very high on the list of reasons why this country is rotting.
View Quote

While this is a true statement, I still cool with with publicly shaming dirt bad thieves.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:

While this is a true statement, I still cool with with publicly shaming dirt bad thieves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This. There are more than a couple of stores/gas stations in my AO that do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
That reminds me of living in Boston where liquor stores in areas full of college kids cover the walls in all the fake/stolen DL they confiscate from underage college kids.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisherman] [#8]
"Very nice" meme

It might not necessary be an issue for many that don't work and live on the gov but having a coworker see your face plastered up in a store front in a very public place for stealing a thousand worth of merch could get you fired from some jobs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Oh absolutely.  It can’t hurt.  Might actually make a difference with a couple of them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Add to that the mayor's photo, city council, and the DA...
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Putting their severed heads on pikes in front of the store would be more effective.
View Quote

Those would just get stolen, too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Small town liquor store/gas station here does it.  It works and I've let them know I appreciate the public shaming.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By L_JE:
Add to that the mayor's photo, city council, and the DA...
View Quote

Yes!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Good, at least it's a start.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Putting their severed heads on pikes in front of the store would be more effective.
View Quote
I am waiting at my mailbox for your newsletter
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
The Ace Hardware close to me does the same thing. One thief absconded with a Stihl saw, the other a front tine tiller, Husqvarna I think.  Their pictures are 8x10 on the front door, the cashiers counter and the wall behind the cashiers.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

A Blood Eagle would work also.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Good idea.  Even better to spread word that the perp is working with cops to bust fencing & avoid jail time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

This is due to the lack of shamers however, is my theory.  People are afraid to stand up for what they believe in and to criticize abberant behavior, so it continues.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#20]
We should bring back stocks and public flogging ,  being stuck in stocks for a few days on display,  or getting 20 lashes in town Square would do more to curb bad behavior than 6 month jail sentences. It's much cheaper too.

Public shaming as well as corporal punishment  are  very effective tools, which need to return in a big way. getting paddled in public school hurt more embarrassment wise than physically,  and the worst offenders in our society / biggest criminals seem to be REALLY big in the respect / embarrassed / disrespect area.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
My barber had a wall of shame for bounced  checks.   When a guy died, he pinned the obituary next to it.

I always paid that dude in cash.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#22]
Originally Posted By 3uzzard:

A Blood Eagle would work also.

View Quote
While I like you enthusiasm I want you to stop and think.  

Blood eagle takes a lot of work, both in the creation and display.  Head on pike takes like ten minutes minus hand washing.

When we propose "radical" solutions to modern problems, we need to have an explanation of the logistics ready.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
You can't shame those people, they know no shame.  They feel they are entitled.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:14:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#24]
Originally Posted By PDP_Main:
You can't shame those people, they know no shame.  They feel they are entitled.
View Quote

Sure you can, but mug shots won't do it.

Our society has went heavy into being compassionate / respectful in the areas of punishment as well as dealing with bad behavior, crime,  societal issues, like laziness, obesity, whoring, unwed mothers, welfare, etc and it's failing badly across the board and bad shitty behavior and crimehas exploded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9MQx4MdpRc
View Quote

No! Californians encourage shoplifting, this can't be true.
I see pictures(mugshots😂) all of the time posted on the entrance doors stores around here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I like the way you think
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: California_Kid] [#27]
I approve of this.

Next, kill them and spell out "HAVE A NICE DAY" with their bones.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Where is Judge Roy Bean when you need him
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I would love to see shoplifters put in a pillory for a week or so at a local roundabout!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

You jib sir! Is super sexy!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#31]
most likely treat it like they famous and shit yo. until they get arrested , then maybe half still feel that way. think they just let them right out anyway there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

A few stores do it here, the place I get dog food has a big board of face shots of people they caught stealing on camera.

It's all the usual suspects, even mix of black and white, but all trashy looking.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Owner looks like a freak.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I like this plan better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Vegitan:

Small town liquor store/gas station here does it.  It works and I've let them know I appreciate the public shaming.
View Quote

A local bar I frequented in my youth would post the names of the patrons who were overdue on their tabs.
Pretty much everybody knew everybody there.
It worked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By fisherman:
"Very nice" meme

It might not necessary be an issue for many that don't work and live on the gov but having a coworker see your face plastered up in a store front in a very public place for stealing a thousand worth of merch could get you fired from some jobs.
View Quote

COWORKER??!?!?!??!  LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Since this is CA the city, county, state, or any combination of this will come down on the store and threaten them with fines and prosecution for violating the rights and/privacy of the shoplifters. Canada did the same when people posted videos of porch pirates stealing their packages. Fucking vile leftist scum.,
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#41]
There are a few small stores in my rural area that have a board with copies of bad checks on them.

I like the idea.  Perhaps another criminal could use the routing and account information to steal the thieves identity or bank information.

Justice (or at least payback) might actually be served.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Shame? Hell no, they will be competing for highest score.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#43]
They should bring back the Gibbet instead.
Top Top