Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lorax:
12 confirmed......0 deaths in Calumet County as of today.

Think about that.

This is about control. 

It's time to start taking notes on these people. Seriously.
View Quote

Obviously the stay at home orders work, otherwise there would be sick and dead people all over the place.  Sometimes you just have to save people from themselves. Duh.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Those cops arent wearing masks or keeping more than 6ft from eachother and others... Their argument is invalid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By quick2k3:
I've typed and deleted something 4 times now.

I'll just say that LE has a very myopic and foolish view right now.  And the repercussions are dangerous for society.

View Quote

Yeah i deleted over 3/4 of my original post.

And 2/3 of this post.

I'll  just add that I think most people are opening their eyes more and more every day and hopefully taking notes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The governors are loving pushing around and subjugating the citizens, and God knows the cops have a hard on for it too. This reinforces what I always knew: when push comes to shove the cops will use and abuse any additional authority given to them. They won’t be on our side. At least, the overwhelming majority of them won’t. Any defectors will be following the lead of their superiors, not stepping out on their own. Lisa needs braces.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Another absolute waste of resources.  Even with less than 50,000 people in the entire county, I can think of all kinds of other things I would be out looking for in the way of criminal activity.  This wouldn't even make my list.  And you know where i'm coming from...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sgt_Fish:

Obviously the stay at home orders work, otherwise there would be sick and dead people all over the place.  Sometimes you just have to save people from themselves. Duh.
View Quote

I am sure that is what all the left lane campers on the freeway are saying as well when they go 10-15mph slower than the flow of traffic.

They are likely just saving people from themselves.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are we so supportive of these people, again?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fortunately, we don't have that problem in my county. I've emailed him and told him to keep up the good work. he got right back to me and thanked me for my support. I was surprised by his quick response.

https://foxillinois.com/news/coronavirus/douglas-county-sheriff-speaks-out-after-refusing-to-enforce-executive-order
View Quote
I heard about that on the radio. Cool. I'm in LaSalle Co.  We have had one death from  covid.  I had heard it was a suicide, but he had symptoms, Blah  blah.  

Police women Karen on the job in Wisc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
12 confirmed......0 deaths in Calumet County as of today.

Think about that.

This is about control. 

It's time to start taking notes on these people. Seriously.
View Quote

To be fair, isn’t there like 20 people total in that county?

Gotta love small town Wisconsin sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
Why are we so supportive of these people, again?
View Quote

Who is we? Because it doesn't include me.

From fully supporting them and helping to save their lives all the way down to considering them an enemy. That's where my path has taken me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Another absolute waste of resources.  Even with less than 50,000 people in the entire county, I can think of all kinds of other things I would be out looking for in the way of criminal activity.  This wouldn't even make my list.  And you know where i'm coming from...
View Quote

A response like this goes a long way in earning respect from people.  A hell of a lot more than a Yoda gif or snarky comment does.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]
A badge, a uniform, a gun, and a really shitty attitude ..............

Throw in a large dollop of complete and absolute contempt for those whom you "protect and serve" and you have that pair.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
FFS, next visit will be from CPS...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PapaFoxtrot:
There will be an entire generation of kids that absolutely adore and respect  Officer Friendly!
View Quote

This is showing suburban middle class people what the concept of Jackbooted thuggery is.
Something that people on the fringes of society and those who have certain hobbies and interests have known for generations.

ETA: Former longhaired metalhead, former BMX rider current gearhead. Yeah, I have been treated like shit by cops a time or 5 in my life.
I was also told to not trust or talk to the police from about 12 years old on. And I am from a LEO family, they were the ones that told me that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]
There is nothing else I can add. Everyone has done a knock-up job.

All I see is us becoming what I saw in E.Germany when I was 8.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By NickOTime:

Yeah i deleted over 3/4 of my original post.

And 2/3 of this post. 

I'll  just add that I think most people are opening their eyes more and more every day and hopefully taking notes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
Originally Posted By quick2k3:
I've typed and deleted something 4 times now.

I'll just say that LE has a very myopic and foolish view right now.  And the repercussions are dangerous for society.

Yeah i deleted over 3/4 of my original post.

And 2/3 of this post. 

I'll  just add that I think most people are opening their eyes more and more every day and hopefully taking notes.

Good to see I'm not the only one

As for the incident in question I'm just gonna sit back and watch the show unfold as I have nothing I really wish too add that hasn't been said already...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Thin Blue Line and such

But the LEO are just like us... they won't enforce stupid rules/laws

yada yada yada... something something arfcom leo something something
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m about 15 miles from Hilbert.  Lots of friends and family in that area.  This is typical of the responses I received to that video.

“Just doing their job. Somebody calls the cops saying she violating the order they gotta talk to her. No need for the her to be a cunt about it. Lol”

Everyone has lost their minds.  The left has won.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By farfrumgroven:
Thin Blue Line and such

But the LEO are just like us... they won't enforce stupid rules/laws

yada yada yada... something something arfcom leo something something
View Quote

They seem to working really hard to be in the same category as Teachers, Professors, Journalists and leftist politicians.
Seems like the side of the Thin Blue Line they stand on is the side with the AOC's, Alyssa Milano's ,Saul Alinsky and Joy Behar's of the world.

Interesting times indeed. We should thank them for showing us where they stand in advance.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
Info Wars. 
View Quote

Yeah, what have they been up to during all this?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Wisconsin is really going full Stasi, it must be our heavy German heritage
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#24]
“That’ll be documented too, that you’re uncooperative.”

Da, note has been made comrade.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#25]
“You can f*#k right off there, Officer Karen”
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#26]
They were probably worried that they would be late for their parade.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jonathan2421:
Holy shit, WTF LE. On the other hand the Sheriff in my county said he wouldn't enforce any stay at home orders.
View Quote

WTF LE  is right!  They apparently have nothing better to do.  I bet their call volumes are way way down.

My Sheriff said he wouldn't enforce stay at home orders too.  (Are we neighbors?)
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm still perplexed why the deputies handled it the way they did.  I get it, they were dispatched to the location.  From there they have a ton of options of how they handle it.  The attitude of that deputy who made the initial contact told me he wanted to stir the pot.  Even if it sounds like a lame call, yes you have to respond.  I put something like this on ultra low priority.  But for arguments sake, lets say I happen to be down the road when the call came in.  I would have approached the homeowner VERY differently and let her know in the nicest way that I was strictly responding to a call received by sheriff's department dispatch and give a friendly social distancing/stay at home yada yada is important reminder (with the wink wink nod nod... i.e. you know what I mean).  From there I would tell her to have a nice day and apologize for bothering her.  Total time spent at the residence under one minute.  I would then call in 10-8 and note it as HBO'd (handled by officer) then drive off to my next call.  Notification made and end of story.  But what do I know????
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Thin Blue Line and such

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#30]

They seem to working really hard to be in the same category as Teachers, Professors, Journalists and leftist politicians.
Seems like the side of the Thin Blue Line they stand on is the side with the AOC's, Alyssa Milano's ,Saul Alinsky and Joy Behar's of the world.

Interesting times indeed. We should thank them for showing us where they stand in advance.
View All Quotes
Thin Blue Line and such

They seem to working really hard to be in the same category as Teachers, Professors, Journalists and leftist politicians.
Seems like the side of the Thin Blue Line they stand on is the side with the AOC's, Alyssa Milano's ,Saul Alinsky and Joy Behar's of the world.

Interesting times indeed. We should thank them for showing us where they stand in advance.

Must be a WI thing. I don’t see that around here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Do the police want an adversarial relationship with the public?

Playing the useful idiot role is how it happens.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not surprised, F**k Calumet County.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still perplexed why the deputies handled it the way they did.  I get it, they were dispatched to the location.  From there they have a ton of options of how they handle it.  The attitude of that deputy who made the initial contact told me he wanted to stir the pot.  Even if it sounds like a lame call, yes you have to respond.  I put something like this on ultra low priority.  But for arguments sake, lets say I happen to be down the road when the call came in.  I would have approached the homeowner VERY differently and let her know in the nicest way that I was strictly responding to a call received by sheriff's department dispatch and give a friendly social distancing/stay at home yada yada is important reminder (with the wink wink nod nod... i.e. you know what I mean).  From there I would tell her to have a nice day and apologize for bothering her.  Total time spent at the residence under one minute.  I would then call in 10-8 and note it as HBO'd (handled by officer) then drive off to my next call.  Notification made and end of story.  But what do I know????
View Quote

We certainly need more officers like you.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mattf:

A response like this goes a long way in earning respect from people.  A hell of a lot more than a Yoda gif or snarky comment does.

View Quote

@mattf

Would this be a permissible Yoda gif for the thread?

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

To be fair, isn't there like 20 people total in that county?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12 confirmed......0 deaths in Calumet County as of today.

Think about that.

This is about control.

It's time to start taking notes on these people. Seriously.

To be fair, isn't there like 20 people total in that county?

LOL, was thinking this myself. Was like "Shit! 60% of Calumet County done went and caught the COVID!"
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Peengwin:
My son has been visiting his girlfriend every day. I'm an ex-cop, so is her dad. That would be funny.
View Quote

Hi there Grandpa! Did you see the thread about possible Coronababies?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#37]

@mattf

Would this be a permissible Yoda gif for the thread? 

https://media.giphy.com/media/W5Ta2wRTFMt7hd94e3/giphy.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mattf:

A response like this goes a long way in earning respect from people.  A hell of a lot more than a Yoda gif or snarky comment does.

@mattf

Would this be a permissible Yoda gif for the thread? 

https://media.giphy.com/media/W5Ta2wRTFMt7hd94e3/giphy.gif

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Sub 90 IQ Officers. It's such a bad combination and it impacts so many people, so severely. The male Officer was trying to stick to a script that he had been memorizing, in the patrol car, all the way over to the house.

I wouldn't have answered the door. I would have let them sit out there and steam for awhile and then watched them drive away.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Even in liberal California, Donut Boy would not be allowed to have that pussy fur around his mouth.  Also, like another poster said no masks or social distancing?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:

This is showing suburban middle class people what the concept of Jackbooted thuggery is.
Something that people on the fringes of society and those who have certain hobbies and interests have known for generations.

ETA: Former longhaired metalhead, former BMX rider current gearhead. Yeah, I have been treated like shit by cops a time or 5 in my life.
I was also told to not trust or talk to the police from about 12 years old on. And I am from a LEO family, they were the ones that told me that.
View Quote

Welcome to the party, white people. We could have told you what to expect a long time ago, but nobody wanted to listen to us back then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Again with Karen calling the cops. I’m sure the Mother knows who made the call already.
There has to be some history in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BOSN1AC:

There is. The officers went home safely afterwards.
View Quote

with their dental plans intact.  Think about that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#43]
My patience is wearing a little thin with this whole shitmess and I'm afraid they would have gotten the "are you fucking kidding me?" from me. Officer Billy Bob's distress over the daughter being at the neighbors would have been believable if she had just held up a liquor store. I swear I would have laughed at him.

I understand they are "just doing their jobs". As long as we can all agree that the job you are being told to do is bullshit, we can all be polite, go through the motions and move on. No hard feelings. But some of these people are just enjoying the JBT role playing a little too much.  

I've always been a person who generally appreciated and respected law enforcement. Got along fine in social situations. Gave them the benefit of the doubt because of the job sucking. Figured it was just the shitheads who had problems with them. Even had the little black and white flag with the blue line sticker. I had multiple LEOs in my family, all retired or passed now.  But after some of the shit I've seen in the past year or so, I have to wonder who I have to fear more in an "official contact" or adversarial situation, the thugs or the government employees. And that's disappointing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By kncook:
I’m a 10yr Officer. 

Even if She was the neighborhood asshole I’d be ok with her telling those guys to GTFO.
View Quote

This shit if getting out of hand quick.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol

Cops
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Easy E made a song about this
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Disgusting but not surprising.  Calumet County Sheriff was a signer of the Walker recall petition.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#48]
it is always good to see absolute power, somewhat corrupting, or something.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#49]
These stores about police already taught me a valuable lesson.
I hope lots of other people are learning it as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
Info Wars. 
View Quote

I have sources that report this was shot on the same sound stage as the moon landing. If you look carefully you can see the sticks shoved up those 'cops' asses, proving that they are actually animatronic puppets. If you look still more carefully at those sticks up their asses there is a line of script that reads, "these steel beams can't melt jet fuel".

good eye detective, you saw through the deception.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top