User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Non issue. It seems like it at first. You learn to use to mirrors and the rearview camera. The camera they put in is amazing and makes the view like you’re driving a convertible.
View Quote

@NachoDip Do the later ones have some sort of camera that displays all the time?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Emoto:

@NachoDip Do the later ones have some sort of camera that displays all the time?
View Quote

Yes. When the ignition is on you flip the lever that’s under the windshield mirror on most cars it just tilts the mirror and reduces glare at night. It’s a full-size camera wide screen and connects a wide angle camera mounted in the roof shark fin antenna. It works amazingly well. I just leave it on permanently.

I think they were a standard item starting in 2020.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Yes. When the ignition is on you flip the lever that’s under the windshield mirror on most cars it just tilts the mirror and reduces glare at night. It’s a full-size camera wide screen and connects a wide angle camera mounted in the roof shark fin antenna. It works amazingly well. I just leave it on permanently.

I think they were a standard item starting in 2020.
View Quote

No shit? That must be a big help. I mean, I adjusted my mirrors carefully and was able to adapt such that it wasn't really a problem, but what you're describing would have been really nice to have.

My WRX has such great visibility in all directions that I almost can't believe it, LOL. Not the same class of car by any measure, but with the fulltime AWD it really does corner surprisingly well for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#4]
Originally Posted By Emoto:

No shit? That must be a big help. I mean, I adjusted my mirrors carefully and was able to adapt such that it wasn't really a problem, but what you're describing would have been really nice to have.

My WRX has such great visibility in all directions that I almost can't believe it, LOL. Not the same class of car by any measure, but with the fulltime AWD it really does corner surprisingly well for what it is.
View Quote

The WRX and the STI both have some impressive performance for what they are and I have a good deal of respect for what they can do and put out to the ground and how they handle. It’s still not a sports car, but it is one heck of a track racer that can be fun in the dirt or on a smaller road course.

I was used to driving my yellow ZL1, the one that was bought back by GM. I got used to the visibility and being able to use the mirrors and felt very comfortable in the car. You definitely sit low in it as well. I like how the car handles and the driving experience as a whole. It is a very comfortable car. The people that claim that has poor visibility really didn’t spend much time driving you learn how to adapt to the car a bit. The visibility isn’t amazing, but I never felt like it was an adequate.
If you want better visibility by the damn convertible. If you want the better performance by the ZL1 with the 10 speed auto. My Mustang is a six speed manual as is my viper. I’m comfortable in a manual transmission and enjoy driving it but what the 10 speed auto does in the Camaro is nothing short of amazing. Put it in sport or track mode flip the throttle to the floor and it goes into performance shift mode. From there, you will stay in the peak of the power band and just let the engine do its job and drive as aggressive as you want. The performance shift mode will turn itself off after you are steady on the throttle for about a minute.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I see both being some hella fast cars.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top