Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2019 10:51:35 AM EDT
My 76-year old uncle traded in his old, free flip phone for a newer free one a couple months ago. Although I think the new phone works exactly the same as the old one, I don’t think my uncle does…

Bottom line, can anyone recommend an easy to use cell phone? He doesn’t text or surf, just needs a phone.

His current provider is AT&T but he’s willing to switch.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
ALL I NEED ARE MY JITTERBUG FOR TALKING AND WEBTV FOR POSTING TO ARF

Samsung Rugby
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife got a Jitterbug flip phone for her Dad. Just has talk and text, no internet. She got that because it has the 5 star emergency button. All he knows how to do is talk he can't text. He's 89 yo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Amazon Product
  • Classic flip design, Flip to answer calls; Big button for easy dialing, Big Volume for easy hearing and with simple operating system easy to use.
  • 2.4'' HD Main Display+1.44'' External colorful screen, Big Font & Big Icon for easy viewing; 2.0MP camera, MMS/Tasks/FM/Flashlight/etc useful features.
  • Special SOS button with ICE Manual; M1 and M2 Dedicated Direct dial keys and # Key 2-9 eight numbers can be set as Speed dial button.

Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
My brother had a Jitterbug.  He said he was the envy of all his friends.

He had to get a smart phone due to taking a delivery job.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#6]
With a little work (by someone who knows Androids, if that is what your uncle now has), your Uncle's new phone could be simplified on it's home screen. I set up mine that way just in case my four year old grandson might have to use it in an emergency. No screen lock with number combo, main home page has shortcut icons (with photos) of most common contacts if "home" button is pushed. The latter including pic/contacts of family members. One is a pic of policeman (911, though he is instructed to only hit that one in direst emergency). He was successfully calling his mother, daddy and aunt with only 10 minutes of practice.

I set the other side pages for my use, with all my app shortcuts and clutter.  I used to keep a spare, old style (prepaid) flip phone for backup during travel. IMO, a properly set up smart phone is much simpler to use than any flip.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#7]
iPhone is real easy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top