Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2024 8:01:29 PM EDT
Hi all,

my biggest need right now is a chair that I can play guitar in that supports in the right position and is comfortable.  Looking at gatorco and vyper stuff right now.  Wondering if anyone has used these or have other suggestions.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Either crosslegged on the floor like a damn Hippie or "Animal House" style on the stairs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Either crosslegged on the floor like a damn Hippie or "Animal House" style on the stairs.
View Quote

god bless Bluto ..
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless I was rehearsing and standing, I always sat on the floor in front of my amps.  Occasionally I would sit on my bed or couch.  Never thought of a special chair to play.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an office chair with the arms that would get in the way except I cut the arms back to the point where they don't interfere. There is still a tiny nub of arm rest that I will use, but the rest is gone and it works great.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:41:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DADGAD] [#6]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
View Quote
I lost way too many guitars that way. Would not recommend.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
This is something I have fought with for a while now. I tried a folding bar stool and it was too tall, so I got a folding foot stool to prop up one foot, and still was not comfortable. Lately I have just been fighting with the arms on my office chair or just standing up.  I have been thinking about a drum throne as my next option.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Still looking.  BTW playing electric is lots easier so perhaps thisd doesn't apply to electric only.  An acoustic is a bit bigger.  And if you also have s bad back well it matters a lot.

I am looking into a Soundseat.  Probably order today.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jimmybcool:
Still looking.  BTW playing electric is lots easier so perhaps thisd doesn't apply to electric only.  An acoustic is a bit bigger.  And if you also have s bad back well it matters a lot.

I am looking into a Soundseat.  Probably order today.

View Quote

I gotta be honest here. That looks like a way over priced drum throne to me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:53:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spleenless-Dave] [#10]
I use an inexpensive rolling office chair with no arms that has the piston height adjustment to sit in and play guitar on at home.  Similar to this.  The back can be adjusted up or down a bit also.

Link Posted: 7/13/2024 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:

I gotta be honest here. That looks like a way over priced drum throne to me.
View Quote

Yeah, except I don't see many drum thrones with rollers and place to put one foot up.  And I suspect based on lots of reviews on guitar forums these are built a bit better.

But yeah, it does look a lot like a drum throne.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Wherever my ass lands...
Most of my playing is around the pool,gazebo shit at the inlaws while drunk. We sit in whatever chairs are there.
But the biggest thing...is playing this ovation I got recently.
It's like you end up feeling like your playing laying down by the time you contort your ass to keep it from sliding on you....I've seriously thought about foam pad or old school skate grip tape to cover the backside in
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
This is something I have fought with for a while now. I tried a folding bar stool and it was too tall, so I got a folding foot stool to prop up one foot, and still was not comfortable. Lately I have just been fighting with the arms on my office chair or just standing up.  I have been thinking about a drum throne as my next option.
View Quote
Just get a comfy office chair with folding arms. Profit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Bought my son this:

Amazon Product
  • \u3010EASY TO ASSEMBLE\u3011- This extended height office chair can be easily installed by following the instruction.If you need any assist, please feel free to contact us via buyer message, we will try our best to help you.

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I just use an old wheely swivel fake leather kitchen table chair from the '70s or '80s. It's comfortable enough.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Sonus
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought a nice drum throne. Worked pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top