Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was a game in the early 2000’s I played that it you got caught looking at that you took a tap to the nads.
View Quote
And it still exists. My 11 year old and his friends do it all the time. But they hit each other in the neck. The Cubs are fucking morons and so is anyone else who thinks this has to do with racism.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It’s probably a gangbanger flashing his gang sign, but they say it’s a white supremacy thing cause it makes for a better story.
View Quote
A white gangbanger sitting in the second row next to the dugout at Wrigley??  
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's probably a gangbanger flashing his gang sign, but they say it's a white supremacy thing cause it makes for a better story.
View Quote
Probably just flicking a booger onto the back of the reporters head.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Didn't the hand signal get debunked as a 4chan farce?
View Quote
That doesn’t mean people aren’t stupid still.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/89c3d3d16e3dde66f8c215736d65a599_jpeg-938335.JPG

Well, at least they haven't figured out all the other symbols.
View Quote
Can't wait to see this on CNN next week.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And it still exists. My 11 year old and his friends do it all the time. But they hit each other in the neck. The Cubs are fucking morons and so is anyone else who thinks this has to do with racism.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a game in the early 2000's I played that it you got caught looking at that you took a tap to the nads.
Everything has everything to do with racism now...

You drive a Ford, you are racist.
You smoke, you are racist.
You breath and are white, you are racist.
You were born and are not black, you are racist.
You are racist.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That doesn't mean people aren't stupid still.
View Quote
Is it even the 4chan troll symbol?

I thought it was the OK symbol, not the upside down punch people symbol.

Regardless, the liberals acknowledge it was a 4chan troll, but simply don't care, it now is racist regardless of origin.  It has too be, they have run out of legitimate things to be outraged about.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it even the 4chan troll symbol?

I thought it was the OK symbol, not the upside down punch people symbol.

Regardless, the liberals acknowledge it was a 4chan troll, but simply don't care, it now is racist regardless of origin.  It has too be, they have run out of legitimate things to be outraged about.
View Quote
The outrage is the only important factor.  If the media can gin up hysteria by using this it's all good.   The Cubs have no choice but to play along and say "OMG racism that's terrible" and pretend to do something about it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Everyone should know that if you got caught looking at it, you got punched.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
See that white guy? Those are his gloves they are wearing. He supported them doing that and it ruined his life.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It means he gets to punch everyone who saw the broadcast.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]
we have hand gestures now? damn, I gotta stop skipping meetings.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes.....but that doesn't stop retards from still claiming it's a white power gesture..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.....but that doesn't stop retards from still claiming it's a white power gesture..
Doubling down on the stupid.

The left refuses to admit when it is wrong or they have been had.

So they are gonna own the hand sign and make it rscist at all costs.  That will demonstrate their power and that they are not to be messed with.

In other words their message is "got any other stupid shit you want to joke about so we can ruin it?"
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Above the waist. Everyone gets to punch him.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The funny thing is, he probably realized he was on TV and was initially going to flash the bird; but then decided to tame it down to a childish joke so he wouldn’t get in trouble. Whoops!
View Quote
There would have been less of a stink raised about that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Heh, my brother was at that game, going to ask him if it was him
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#22]
The fan in question has now been banned from Wrigley Field.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-fan-racist-gesture-tv-doug-glanville/

By Wednesday evening, the Cubs knew the fan had purchased the ticket through StubHub, but failed reach the fan by phone after multiple attempts, so they sent a letter notifying him of the team’s decision to indefinitely bar him from Wrigley Field and other ticketed areas. The ban is effective immediately.

Kenney said if the fan attempts to enter Wrigley Field, he may be subject to prosecution for criminal trespass.
View Quote

Team president Theo Epstein called the incident “truly disgusting.”

“It gave me shivers to watch that, that that would take place at Wrigley Field,” Epstein said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stupid includes Fox News, who just reported on the incident. Someone should give them a clue.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#24]
That's not a "W" and "P", it's a "d" and "M"
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#25]

“It gave me shivers to watch that, that that would take place at Wrigley Field,” Epstein said.
View Quote
Spineless twit. He grew up in New England at the time when the "You looked! - Punch" thing was common. I bet his shoulder was black & blue from getting hit. He knows damn well what it really means but is just being a good little SJW.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Guy wanted a few yen

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spineless twit. He grew up in New England at the time when the "You looked! - Punch" thing was common. I bet his shoulder was black & blue from getting hit. He knows damn well what it really means but is just being a good little SJW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Along with the SJW sports writers here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Team president Theo Epstein called the incident "truly disgusting."

"It gave me shivers to watch that, that that would take place at Wrigley Field," Epstein said.
View Quote
What a beta cuck bitch
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#30]
What does a “ban” from entering the ballpark look like?

Will they post his mugshot at every ticket gate? Check everyone’s ID for names? How about a roving team of Gestapo on patrol in the crowd?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
He doesn't get to punch me because I poked my finger through his circle without looking directly at it. Also, it has to be below his waist for it to count.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413021/89c3d3d16e3dde66f8c215736d65a599_jpeg-938335.JPG

Well, at least they haven't figured out all the other symbols.
View Quote

I know the ASL alphabet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"It gave me shivers to watch that, that that would take place at Wrigley Field," Epstein said.
Mulley and Haugh is like listening to the view.  Between this "event", Joe Rickett's emails, and Addison Russel's return they are at their wit's end.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#34]
We did that back in 1989/1990. That person on TV obviously doesn't know the rules because you can't put the circle below the waist. If you grab and break the circle without looking, you get to hit them. If they flinch, you get two more hits. Some people always looked.

Edit: Obviously I forgot the rules. You can't go ABOVE the waist. Hey, it's only been thirty years, gimme a break.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Contact info for the Cubs.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-fan-racist-gesture-tv-doug-glanville/

By Wednesday evening, the Cubs knew the fan had purchased the ticket through StubHub, but failed reach the fan by phone after multiple attempts, so they sent a letter notifying him of the team's decision to indefinitely bar him from Wrigley Field and other ticketed areas. The ban is effective immediately.

Kenney said if the fan attempts to enter Wrigley Field, he may be subject to prosecution for criminal trespass.

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
My son plays that game with his buddies.

Back in the day, we did "two for flinching."

Everything is racist.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Damn, ya got me.
View Quote
We did this in middle school in the 90's.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Mulley and Haugh is like listening to the view.  Between this "event", Joe Rickett's emails, and Addison Russel's return they are at their wit's end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Just about everyone on The Score is a nutjob. Waddle & Silvy, Dave Kaplan are about the only ones I listen to. I turn Waddle & Silvy off when Wilbon or Giengreco are on though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe he  is about to thump a bug off his seat?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been a white guy for about 62 years now.

How come I'm just learning there's a white power hand signal?

On the other hand, I found out about black power hand signals (raised/clenched fist) when I was a teen ager back in the early 70's.

If there is a difference in how they are viewed then there are the real signs of racism.  What happened to being treated equally?  It will never work as a one way street.

But then, people with any amount of sense know that.
View Quote
THIS....
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Just so I understand:  This fan's "white power" gesture isn't covered by the first amendment, while "black power" or other gestures are covered by the first amendment?

If they ban anyone flashing any gang signs, white power, black power, or other hand signs, then I'm OK with it.  If they only ban certain signs, then I have questions about the consistency of their policy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just so I understand:  This fan's "white power" gesture isn't covered by the first amendment, while "black power" or other gestures are covered by the first amendment?

If they ban anyone flashing any gang signs, white power, black power, or other hand signs, then I'm OK with it.  If they only ban certain signs, then I have questions about the consistency of their policy.
View Quote
The first amendment protects you from the government, not the Chicago Cubs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Investigating?   Who?  A fan?

Oh no!  Muh outrage!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the trolls who come up with this shit don't realize is the progressives don't care whether or not it is a real racist gesture. Either way it still helps to push their racists are everywhere agenda.

The trolls think they are being funny but are just doing the progressive's job for them.

You ever wonder why PC terms have changed so often through the years? It isn't just happenstance the left does it on purpose because they know it is impossible to keep up with all the changes. That people will fuck up and use the wrong term and then they can make a big deal out of it and create racism where there is none.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Honk Honk.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top