Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
All the armchair generals will be sure to correct me, but I believe it's all saber rattling.  China is a paper tiger and is trying to take advantage of a currently Weak US Executive to try and bully its neighbors to get what it wants.  

They don't dare actually fighting openly, they know it would be suicide if not militarily then economically and all their houses of cards will tumble.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the armchair generals will be sure to correct me, but I believe it's all saber rattling.  China is a paper tiger and is trying to take advantage of a currently Weak US Executive to try and bully its neighbors to get what it wants.  

They don't dare actually fighting openly, they know it would be suicide if not militarily then economically and all their houses of cards will tumble.
View Quote

I disagree. While I do believe  that China is trying to intimidate Taipei, they are determined to take the island one way or the other.

Japan would be considered a paper tiger back in '41.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're high on western cope. China is going to seize Taiwan by any means and nothing is going to tumble.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disagree.

Americans are over war, having just spent 20 years in Afshitistan. Do you think we'll arm right back up to protect Taiwan?

PRC knows this and TBH, it's the best time to flex.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#5]
China will invade depending on what red lines are crossed
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never underestimate the hubris of tyrants.   See: the US democratic party for current examples.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#7]
How many AAA does Taiwan has and I think they'll fall in 72 hours if China went all out.

but China won't attack as it's all political theater and bullying. Money is more important to them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How many AAA does Taiwan has and I think they'll fall in 72 hours if China went all out.

but China won't attack as it's all political theater and bullying. Money is more important to them.
View Quote
Money was the priority.  To get them where they are now. Which is just a better place to further the real idealistic goals of the CCP.

The Kung flu has caused them hardship as well, it's just as likely that they will decide that now is the time because the economy is already damaged.  Get it all over with at once and while we have potatus in charge.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#9]
The significant question here is how far is Taiwan from the Three Gorges Dam.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah it's not like they are evil & insane or anything...
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Those fuckers better learn Maderin.

FJB ditched Americans in Afghanistan.  He sure the fuck ain't stepping up for Taiwan (or Isreal for that matter).
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I read an article a few days ago that said companies are unassing China at a pretty high rate for closer sources of cheap labor.  If there’s a big anti-establishment movement there, China’s leadership probably isn’t very comfortable right now.  This could be setting up for an interesting time to live in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Worst wheat harvest in 50 years
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think China is there yet. Granted China doesn't give a shit about casualties but an incursion against defended beachheads isn't going to be a cakewalk by any means
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
You can be sure that Taiwan has multiple cruise missiles programmed with the airfield locations.
China's aircraft engines suck donkey balls, they can't take off with a full payload and fuel load, push them back a few miles and they are at an extreme disadvantage.
What re China's mid air refueling capabilities, and how vulnerable would the tankers be?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Those fuckers better learn Maderin.

FJB ditched Americans in Afghanistan.  He sure the fuck ain't stepping up for Taiwan (or Isreal for that matter).
View Quote

He wouldn’t have a choice.  The amount of high tech industry in Taiwan, not to mention the strategic advantage it would give China makes it mandatory.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#17]
70 miles of water is a looong way for China

Ps.  If you think shelves are bare now wait until then
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Ideally, Taiwan would wire up all the chipfabs with explosives. If the Chinese invade, they level them.

Next level shit would be explosive decapitation collars on all the tsmc subject matter experts, but that seems pretty hard core, even to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The significant question here is how far is Taiwan from the Three Gorges Dam.
View Quote

Roughly 1750 km
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Roughly 1750 km
View Quote
iirc if Taiwan destroys it, China will nuke them and we will have WW III in Asia
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
China will make a move on Taiwan very soon, world resolve is weak, and the U.S. under Xiden won’t do anything. Chinese party members have been infiltrating Taiwan for years under a China-Taiwan “reunification” program.

The program was if you had family members in Taiwan, a Chinese National could have status in Taiwan, even a Taiwanese passport. CCP members have infiltrated the Taiwanese government. They are very close to go time.

China plays the long game, but if China was ever worried about any defense treaties between U.S. and Taiwan, now is the time to make a move.

When is the last time anyone heard of a CCP spy being arrested in Taiwan?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#23]
No doubt China will act but it will be bloody for them. I believe what they’re trying to achieve is ‘reunification’ without the actual invasion, that’s best case for them. China doesn’t give two shit about the lives of their military but they do care about the carnage publicly, they will get their hair tussled. No doubt they’ll overwhelm and win but at a high cost and that will be seen. That’s what they fear…..
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#24]
New Chinese propaganda. One is assaulting the Taiwanese presidential office building which is to be expected but notice that one shows a destroyed Hawaii based C-17.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#25]
China will take it, with Russia's blessing, and pedo Joe will do nothing but eat his pudding and find some little girls hair to sniff.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]

is that supposed to be a C-17 or a Y-20?  They've got something flying in that illustration dropping troops and I would assume that would be Y-20s in their propaganda paintings.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Never underestimate the hubris of tyrants.   See: the US democratic party for current examples.
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Does that mean no more Hawaii judges?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not a paper tiger, but China realizes the implications of them invading Taiwan. In the very least the economic repercussions would be staggering. China is playing the long game, they will either get Taiwan through political/sociological means or they will wait until everyone is so dependent on China (including Taiwan) that nobody can do anything about it. China isn't going to do a forced entry into Taiwan any time soon (within the next decade at least).

They could always try a false flag operation, but I doubt anyone would buy that. China could say that Taiwan is developing nuclear weapons and China finds that totally unacceptable, etc, etc. That would be the best way to go about it. That wouldn't even require a forced entry, they could put so much pressure that the democratic government falls and they get a more amicable government. Still a reach though. Put so much pressure that they become an autonomous protectorate, then they put the screws to them like they did HK, but harder.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Back in the day, there was a guy named Norman Angell.

He wrote a book called The Great Illusion.
It's premise was that the world was so interconnected by trade, and interdependent through international banking, there was no chance of a general European war, much less a world conflagration. It just couldn't happen.

It was published in 1909.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm sure it's nothing! Probably just putting in a new computer or two
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Disagree.

Americans are over war, having just spent 20 years in Afshitistan. Do you think we'll arm right back up to protect Taiwan?

PRC knows this and TBH, it's the best time to flex.
View Quote

I get where you’re coming from, though we never had the objective of “winning” anything, for keeps anyway, these past however many years. If (or when) we have to tango with China for real (and their allies in Iran, NK, Paki etc) that won’t be the case. They’ll be loaded and ready for bear so we’d have no choice because it will indeed be win or lose…
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Worst wheat harvest in 50 years
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#34]
CCP members are very active in Taiwan with several suspected of holding political positions. Pro China rallies are organized by the CCP and anti-Bejing Taiwanese are tracked and reported to superiors.

The level of spy craft being employed is huge.

With that being said, large amphibious assaults against well fortified and technologically advanced nations comes with a cost. The ability of Taiwan to knock China out of the sky and Harpoon their fleet will decide early on the tempo of the war.

The idea that China, with wealth and manufacturing capabilities equal to the USA and 1.4 billion men and women who have been indoctrinated into the Communist fold is a paper tiger, is a lie.

They could easily field more soldiers than we have citizens. Their ability to launch and land nuclear weapons not withstanding.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

is that supposed to be a C-17 or a Y-20?  They've got something flying in that illustration dropping troops and I would assume that would be Y-20s in their propaganda paintings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It has the Hickham tail flash.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#36]
A nice world war with China and the USA as the primary combatants would be fantastic for the power structure of both nations.

War is good for business, eliminating certain classes of rabble and serving as a great economic and societal reset.
Great reset, hmmm, where have I heard that before.

WWII started on the tail end of a depression and resulted in an utter economic boom post war.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It has the Hickham tail flash.
View Quote

ah, got it thanks.  Interesting paintings would like to know more about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top