Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/23/2018 6:13:49 AM EDT
https://nypost.com/2018/07/22/chuck-schumer-warns-of-3-d-printed-ghost-guns/

Sen. Chuck Schumer is warning the public to watch out for 3-D printed guns — that people will be able to legally download starting on August 1.

Gun rights activists reached a settlement with the US State Department and Department of Justice last week that allows them to post detailed instructions, including plans, files and 3-D drawings of the weapons.

“This online site shows you, how at your home, with a simple 3D printer, you can make a plastic AR-15, an AR-10, a very dangerous semi-automatic assault-style weapons out of plastic in your own basement,” Schumer said at a Sunday press conference.

The June 29 settlement stems from 2013 when the US government shut down Texas-based Defense Distributed when the website began sharing printable 3-D gun plans online — saying they were violating laws that regulate the export of guns since anyone, anywhere could download their plans.

The site’s owner, Cody Wilson, sued and the US government reached a settlement with him allowing Defense Distributed to post the plans and agreeing to pay almost $40,000 of his legal fees.

Schumer warned that the results could be disastrous — and could potentially arm people who cannot legally purchase a gun under existing laws.

“The danger that could happen can be enormous,” he said. “To have crazy people have easy access, to have terrorists have easy access to this kind of website and allow them to make plastic AR 15s undetected — so-called ghost guns — justifies the imagination.”

The 3-D printed guns are inferior to firearms manufacturers traditionally make but still work. Printers run anywhere from $200 to hundreds of thousands.

Schumer demanded the federal government reverse its decision. He’ll be making a bill with a solution to the ghost gun blueprints by the end of the week, his spokesperson said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Sunday Schumer Strikes Again.

He's a Ghost Politician -- Invisible for six days a week.

Can we ban those?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]
DT.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, this is how you get serialized and regulated barrels with a needed background check.  You know that will be the solution politicians will dream up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Does Schumer support institutionaliing crazy people?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck you Chuck
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Can’t stop the signal!

ETA:

Quoted:
Unfortunately, this is how you get serialized and regulated barrels with a needed background check.  You know that will be the solution politicians will dream up.
View Quote
Already a thing in Europe IIRC. California already wants to do the same.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Dear Chuck, the genie is out of the bottle. There's no putting him back. Now fuck off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can’t stop the signal!
View Quote
Weird thing is, I got the plans when they were first available and still haven't made any.

It's almost like Intent is more important than Capability.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can’t stop the signal!

ETA:

View Quote
Not sure if it's the barrels. But I do know my mp5 clone has the whole upper being the actual firearm. Not the lower trigger housing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was thinking the same.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't worry Chucky.  Microsoft will push an update and then magically the files will disappear just like happened before.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#12]
3d printed ghost assault revolvers with high capacity mags are the choice of gangs and people that chew with their mouth open.

Ban them for the children.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I love Chuckie's misery.

Whine, Chuckie, whine.

Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
The only logical solution is to require going to a FFL to buy a 3d printer.

I'd actually like to see that just to piss off all the reddit neckbeards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#15]
They can make all the rules they want, the info is out there, it can be hosted from Europe, South America, or fucking china/hong kong, and they'll be happy to tell the state department to fuck off.

This will end up being another push to control the internet I fear.... control information, and access to it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes Chuck, the genie is indeed out of the bottle, and you're fucked.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
And historically and legally the registered part of the gun is the reciever.  The gov has to play by their own rules, well with Trump in office at least.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Dangerous GUNS will MAGICALLY INDUCE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS to commit HEINOUS CRIMES!

<---Runs to go hide under bed and piss self.

We need Chuck Schumer to SAVE US!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]
If they would just give EVERYONE a free FFL the problem would be solved - just give them out for free.

Chuck doesn't like to solve problems, he just likes to complain and get in front of cameras - an attention whore.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't keep up with the 3d printing world at all, but I would have thought that since 2013 there would have been thousands of these files floating all over the world.  All sorts of stuff is "illegal" on the internet somewhere, but t does not seem to stop those activities.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#22]
They will be making those "G-7's" that are invisible to metal detectors.  Criminals will be making them like batches of cookies for all the gangs & terrorists...
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#23]
What a dipshit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If they would just give EVERYONE a free FFL the problem would be solved - just give them out for free.

Chuck doesn't like to solve problems, he just likes to complain and get in front of cameras - an attention whore.
View Quote
Hell, I’d gladly pay double the current fee for one if it got me new stuff straight to my door.

Not like I’m paranoid about being on a list. I have stamps and a C&R.  They’re well aware of my existence.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking the same.
No.

Bring back catalog ordered machine guns.

Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#26]
FCS
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can’t stop the signal!

ETA:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Can’t stop the signal!

ETA:

Quoted:
yep
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#28]

You know the easiest way to ensure information is available on the Internet? Try to ban it. Those original CAD files were spread wide and far when that shit first went down. Hell, I personally have a zip file with all the stuff from Defense Distributed, plus other fun CAD files like AR/M16 lowers, LL, DIAS, etc. I would never advocate breaking the law, but I will be damned if I will allow them to prevent me from having such information.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't worry Chucky.  Microsoft will push an update and then magically the files will disappear just like happened before.
View Quote
Interesting...what's the story behind this?
@phlat
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Firearms are not that hard to manufacture.

Criminals do not manufacture firearms.

3d printers are not going to change that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#32]
SOS from a liberal asshat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Huh?  What's Microsoft got to do with this?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Someone should 3D print Chucky a bag of dicks while they are at it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Freedom sure scares the shit out of some people.

People like Shumer seem to make a living off of peddling the scariness.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not sure if it's the barrels. But I do know my mp5 clone has the whole upper being the actual firearm. Not the lower trigger housing.
View Quote

If you read the definition of a firearm the upper of the AR and most semi autos should be the firearm. Not the lower.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#37]
so where would I download said 'ghost guns' from?  asking for a friend.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Being in between a podium and chuckie is far more dangerous that 3D printed guns.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Huh?  What's Microsoft got to do with this?
View Quote
Years ago when the first 3d gun file was out in the wild, several people on various forums reported the file disappeared after Microsoft pushed an update.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dear Chuck, the genie is out of the bottle. There's no putting him back. Now fuck off.
View Quote
That genie has been dancing merrily about since the STEN gun.

3D printers just made things a bit easier for those who slept during shop class.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Firearms are not that hard to manufacture.

Criminals do not manufacture firearms.

3d printers are not going to change that.
View Quote
Canada had an awesome bust of MACs a few months ago.

GD wanted them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Ban gun laws

Ban politicians
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#43]
“This online site shows you, how at your home, with a simple 3D printer, you can make a plastic AR-15, an AR-10, a very dangerous semi-automatic assault-style weapons out of plastic in your own basement,”

Basement my ass, I do them by the dozen in the front room. but NOT the AR10s, those are WAY too dangerous. in the garage ONLY!
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Term limits for Senators.

One in office.

One in Gitmo.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Welcome to Kali...
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Can someone 3D print a brain for chuck schumer?  His seems to be missing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if this will cause prices to drop even lower?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Double snap...
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#50]
This piece of shit is gonna be pissed (assuming that he wins FDF's seat) that FCS brought the ghost gun bullshit to the national level first...

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top