Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2021 9:23:12 PM EDT
I've got a healthy 6" thick space under my 4'x2' coffee table and am considering installing either a swing out shelf, drawer, or at least a gun or two on a magnetic mount.  Anyone have anything like that, either factory bought or DIY, sitting in their living room?  Could easily throw a couple pistols, rifles, maybe a shockwave, flashlights...hell even plenty of room for a plate carrier  Plenty of possibilities.  

What I'd like to get some ideas with are the retention mechanisms, organization, and overall storage.  Pics and suggestions would be appreciated.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say to install a thick metal plate across the bottom, then you can flip the table on its side and use it as a shied.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say to install a thick metal plate across the bottom, then you can flip the table on its side and use it as a shied.
View Quote

If using drawers that could be slid out, that would actually be a good idea.  Problem is, I'm not sure what arrangement/mechanism wouldn't throw the remaining guns around within the table once tossed.  Would make it quite difficult for other family members to grab them.

Plus, where would I even buy thicker plate steel?  Does Lowe's/HD have that kind of thing.  Shipping would be quite pricey I'd think.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I worked at a guy guess house that has a coffee table, displaying his collection of Colt single action revolvers. I was impressed!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm surprised no one here has these.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

i like the cut of your jib, sailor.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If using drawers that could be slid out, that would actually be a good idea.  Problem is, I'm not sure what arrangement/mechanism wouldn't throw the remaining guns around within the table once tossed.  Would make it quite difficult for other family members to grab them.

Plus, where would I even buy thicker plate steel?  Does Lowe's/HD have that kind of thing.  Shipping would be quite pricey I'd think.

Thanks
View Quote

call up your local steel/fab shop and see what they have cheap.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

You live in Pennsylvania, can't you just drive around until you find an abandoned steel mill and pick up a plate?
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]
My coffee table gun

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll bet AR500 dot com or similar would be more that happy to help you out.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
My coffee table has a lifting lid so we can use the top as a tv tray for snacks.  Plenty of room under the lid for a magnet and a gun.

I have the magnets, just never installed them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My coffee table has a lifting lid so we can use the top as a tv tray for snacks.  Plenty of room under the lid for a magnet and a gun.  

I have the magnets, just never installed them.
View Quote

but does it have the steel plate on the bottom so you can flip the table onto its side and use as a shield during a gun battle in your living room?

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top