Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2024 11:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RonGonzo]
I've always enjoyed a cigar but never kept any in stock at home. If I felt like smoking I'd buy a few from Total Wine and just keep them in the bag but recently I purchased the deal that was posted in gd and have gone down the rabbit hole

While the sample packs were in transit I bought all the necessary components for a 'tupperdor' and while it seems to work great, and is low maintenance, it looks like shit. I'm thinking about just going cedar so I don't have to worry about keeping them out of sunlight and so I have something nice design wise. That's when I found this Colibri line. I like the modern design but wanted to make sure they were as functional as they were neat looking.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Would probably get the ashtray, table cutter, and humidor.

Any body have any experience with these, especially regarding the humidor?

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArrowheadBulldog] [#1]
The Quasar line isn't my cup of tea styling-wise, but Colibri makes solid accessories overall. Should be good to go if you like the designs.

That being said, the Quasar line is quite the jump into the deep end right off the bat, price-wise. I don't have any good recommendations for desktop size humidors (<50 stick capacity), because I don't put them on display, and I have way more than small desktop humidors hold.

If money isn't an issue, go for it. If you're just wading into the water, maybe some others can chime in with cheaper options for the humidor that still look good.

As for cutter and lighter, there are also cheaper but very solid options than the Quasar table cutter. But again, if you don't mind the price and want to have the Quasar aesthetic fo display purposes, nothing wrong with them.

Edit:

My own personal humidor setup is a KingChii 16L electric heat/cool humidor (100 stated capacity, but more like 75ish in practice), which was free from a friend, but only $150-$170ish on Amazon. It works very well with Boveda humidification packs. There are other electric heat/cool brands/models that are comparable and have slightly different styling as well.

Beyond that, I store the rest of my collection in tupperdors. For a slightly cheaper but still classy cutter if you don't go the Quasar route, the Colibri SV is solid, and still gives you both V and straight cuts. Lot more options in lighters, and ashtrays are whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top