Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/7/2018 11:21:10 AM EDT
Just curios to hear from those guys here on ARFCOM that might be married to, or have dated a German women for a decent period of time.  I’ve been married to a German girl for over 5 years now.  Sometimes it can be quite taxing….they just have a different way about doing things, expressing themselves, and a lot of time can just come off as very direct and even rude. She will says things to friends and family that make me think “damn, that was harsh”…but she thinks it’s perfectly normal…..it’s direct, it’s German, it’s the truth.  There just doesn’t seem to be much of a filter.

I’m very happily married…wouldn’t change it for the world, but it’s definitely hard work dealing with her sometimes.  And from traveling over to Germany several times to visit her family, I’d say she acts like a typical German.

What have your experiences been?

Sorry, no pics. If you search ARFCOM you can probably find one… or search “hot German girl” on Google…that will get you close enough.

This is spot on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdU2RSj5bzI
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No pic, no care
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No pic, no care
View Quote
+tldr
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No pic, no care
View Quote
Like I said...just search Google if you are wanting to rub one off to a hot German girl....sorry, it's not going to be my wife's picture.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just curios to hear from those guys here on ARFCOM that might be married to, or have dated a German women for a decent period of time.  I’ve been married to a German girl for over 5 years now.  Sometimes it can be quite taxing….they just have a different way about doing things, expressing themselves, and a lot of time can just come off as very direct and even rude. She will says things to friends and family that make me think “damn, that was harsh”…but she thinks it’s perfectly normal…..it’s direct, it’s German, it’s the truth.  There just doesn’t seem to be much of a filter. There doesn’t seem to be much of a “simmer” either as far as anger goes….she’s either cold and happy, or boiling over and pi$$ed off!  I think that might be more of a family trait than a German one…but who knows.  I don’t think they teach that saying “treat others how you want to be treated” over in Germany, like they do here in the US. Just a whole different mindset.

I’m very happily married…wouldn’t change it for the world, but it’s definitely hard work dealing with her sometimes.  And from traveling over to Germany several times to visit her family, I’d say she acts like a typical German.  Needless to say, Americans are definitely nicer in general…she will even tell you that, that’s why she moved over here for College years ago, and just stayed.  That typical hard/cold/snow queen personality that is depicted in lots of commercials with German women in them…..isn’t all that far off most of the time.

What have your experiences been?

Sorry, no pics. If you search ARFCOM you can probably find one… or search “hot German girl” on Google…that will get you close enough.

This is spot on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdU2RSj5bzI
View Quote

Been married to an Italian girl for 28 years, exactly the same. It's all women, not country specific
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm German, was raised near Munich.

That said, I never had any desire to date German girls.  Too bossy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
The Frauleins  I dated some time years ago were really great with the BJs, very pretty and very demanding,  one of them was very possessive, great times.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Been married to an Italian girl for 28 years, exactly the same. It's all women, not country specific
View Quote
That's good to know....I think ??
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Eyebrows. Manly eyebrows.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#11]
According to what you wrote, you married an illegal alien.  She overstayed her student visa.  You are very happy except when you are not which is often???
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm German, was raised near Munich.

That said, I never had any desire to date German girls.  Too bossy.
View Quote
Yep....spot on. That's the hardest thing for me to deal with, I don't like being bossed around. I really have to pick my battles, sometimes it's just easier to hold my tongue, and go with it.  It's a hard skill for me to learn....
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
According to what you wrote, you married an illegal alien.  She overstayed her student visa.  You are very happy except when you are not which is often???
View Quote
No, she's not an illegal allien. Sorry I didn't detail out her entire journey of becoming a legal resident alien in my OP for you.

Good lord....some of you guys.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#14]
"it’s direct, it’s German, it’s the truth"

Angela Merkel got none of those qualities
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Butt stuff
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Mom was 100% German.  Didn't start speaking English until she started school.  Grew up in a German village near Hays, KS.

Bull-headed, determined, opinionated, well-defined morally, and enduring of hardship.

I have no recollections of  my mother being light-hearted.  I do remember sadness and at times non-violent anger.

I am sure she was happier when she was young.  A hard life and dad's early death robbed her of so much.

I grew up thinking that all women were dependable and loyal like mom.  I have been mostly disappointed....except with Mrs Rabinowitz.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Based on my research at the University of Redtube, they seem to be fond of anal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Are all German women like that or only those in the USA?

Because if they were all like that I don't understand why German women in Germany aren't shouting "We don't want all these rapists in our country!" instead of "More rapists, please!".
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm of German decent and grew up around Germans, to a non-German they seem gruff.

Germans are to the point people, if that offends some then oh well , they'll get good again.
They are efficient in their thinking and tend to have a low tolerance (very low) for BS.
Don't ask them for the truth unless you really want it, because you probably won't like it.

My sisters all tend to rule their homes (the ones who married non Germans),
so unless you are German, you may find her ruling the home to a degree.

They tend to be hard workers, and dedicated. For many their homes are
absolutely spotlessly clean and in order (they tend to dislike disorder, and filth).
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"it’s direct, it’s German, it’s the truth"

Angela Merkel got none of those qualities
View Quote
East German not quite the same as West German
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are all German women like that or only those in the USA?

Because if they were all like that I don't understand why German women in Germany aren't shouting "We don't want all these rapists in our country!" instead of "More rapists, please!".
View Quote
Their media is just like it is here.....they only show what they want to push their agenda. Lots of Germans are not ok with that's going on.....but you won't hear about it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]
As someone who is 3/4 German, and verified by Ancestry, I can certainly relate to German's being direct. I grew up in German culture in the home and neither my parents or grandparents were ever anything but direct and to the point. It is something that people often complain that I am. I am not subtle or wishy-washy in my responses. So those qualities in a German female would not be something I am not used to. I can give it as well as I get it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Just give her the ole German helmet action, she'll know whose Chancellor.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#24]
GGG
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#25]
The language is very brutish and guttural.  It makes sense the personality would be the same way.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Based on my research at the University of Redtube, they seem to be fond of anal.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I worked closely with a hot German chick for several years.  She was very direct.  She also regularly sported a nice camel toe and liked to "manspread" which we used to call "airing the cat".
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I am reminded of this.  Start around 3:45.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#29]
My grandmother is German and not exactly a sweet old granny.  It took a little bit for my wife to get used to it.

After not seeing my grandmother for 5 years the first thing she says to be is "OMG, you have gotten fat!"

Later speaking of my cousin that just had a baby "She is really too stupid to be reproducing, people like that should get sterilized at a young age."

To the last remark I looked at my wife and said "See, you can take the Nazi out of the homeland..."  
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
GGG
View Quote
All the slime.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#32]
If she starts bitching all the time about your Polish neighbor, I’d start to get worried.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure about German women, but I'm dating a Russian women, she comes off as rude sometimes and she thinks its normal. Sitting at Red Lobster, waitress comes over, asks what we would like for drinks and she says "just leave us alone" , couldn't beieve it. Its small things like this she does. But when shes riding on top and getting off, claws my chest like shes trying to pull my heart out, Im dating in the twilight zone.. ...love dating apps
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Germany will be mostly Muslim in the next few generations so the problem will be resolved.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Danke !
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not how it works. If you get married while on a student or tourist visa and apply for "change of status" you can then stay in the states (you actually can't LEAVE the states).

Jesus, some people's kids.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not sure about German women, but I'm dating a Russian women, she comes off as rude sometimes and she thinks its normal. Sitting at Red Lobster, waitress comes over, asks what we would like for drinks and she says "just leave us alone" , couldn't beieve it. Its small things like this she does. But when shes riding on top and getting off, claws my chest like shes trying to pull my heart out, Im dating in the twilight zone.. ...love dating apps
View Quote
I love my Russian

She's not rude like that, but she treats walking around town like an extreme sport lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm almost all German ancestry. My moms side grand parents were from Dusseldorf. Nana was a ball buster when I was a kid. What the OP describes to a T. I see a lot of this in my mom.

It's what I know and am comfortable with I guess. My wife is majority German ancestry also. She has some of these traits even though she doesn't notice them. Sometimes seems cold and bitchy. The kind of chick that will laugh when you slip and fall but I'm usually laughing too. Great sense of humor in a guys way. Don't touch her if you don't know her. There are similarities I see because of the women in my family I recognize them. Her dumb ass mom thinks they're Irish but her grandfather last name was Geiger. MIL is a dumb ass. She has that rule the house nonsense. My wife doesn't.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Isn't an Austrian just a German with low self esteem?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I had a German for a boss for 20 years. Very direct generally no holds barred in a conversation. His wife was the same. Criticism often seemed harsh. Once I got used to it i was fine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ive also studied similar historical records and concur with your findings.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I love my Russian

She's not rude like that, but she treats walking around town like an extreme sport lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my Russian

To hell with Russians..... all I want for Christmas is a hot Cossack girl!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my Russian

That would probably be great too.

But don't trash talk my Russian!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I had a German for a boss for 20 years. Very direct generally no holds barred in a conversation. His wife was the same. Criticism often seemed harsh. Once I got used to it i was fine.
View Quote
Yep....harsh is the right word for it. I'm still trying to get used to it...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Severe and bossy..
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#47]
German women usually have a solution for everything
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#48]
As kids we used to hide from my Grandmother. She loved us but she was tough. Neat, prompt, efficient and work before leisure. The criticism was without sugar coating...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Adrienne Koleszár, 34, a police officer from Dresden, in Saxony, was named 'Germany's hottest policewoman' two years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6470947/Woman-dubbed-Germanys-beautiful-policewoman-ordered-choose-cop-model.html
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#50]
zero sense of humor
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top