Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife just told me about this and I knew there was a thread here so I found it. I also figured there would be white knights here making certain his honor was not impugned. I have not read the thread yet, so I'm hoping I'm wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So cop enters home without warrant or reasonable 4th amendment exigency. After being asked to leave and a small rebuke and some words he didn't like after being told he had no grounds to ask for ID much less be in this woman's home, he shoots an old woman in the head and kills her then refused to render aid.

GD has folks defending this?

Wife just told me about this and I knew there was a thread here so I found it. I also figured there would be white knights here making certain his honor was not impugned. I have not read the thread yet, so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Oh you already know there are white knights blowing the murderer.

There is no killing by the government so heinous that there won't be someone slobbering the government.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When Grayson replied, 'Away from your hot, steaming water,' doesn’t it make sense that Massey's 'I rebuke you in the name of Jesus' was directed at Grayson for insulting her by implying she might throw scalding water at him?

And isn't the phrase "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" used in Christian contexts to express disapproval?
View Quote

That's my read on it. Is basically a "I would never/how dare you?" In church lady, big stretch to think it's a threat in context even if you don't have the vocabulary down.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the confirmation. Repeated gaslighting from the badge bunnies and holster sniffers had me questioning my sanity and doubting my reality.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council filed a grievance saying Sean Grayson fired 'without just cause'

IL FOP: Sean Grayson fired 'without just cause', files grievance
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I mean she did all that after being told she was about to get shot in the fucking face for no reason/ little reason depending on how you take "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". To me, semed to be joking with the non-murdering officer for suggesting she would throw it at him while trying to figure out what the cops wanted her to do with the pot they asked her to go fuck with. Bad time for kidding, but she's talking to him and he's nervously chuckling.

All the "furtive movements" happen after "I swear to God I'll fucking shoot you right in the fucking face" and drawing a gun, and to me looks like panic while getting rushed and "fucking shot in the fucking face". She obviously wasn't all there, but hard to defend this shit even if you take the "rebuking" as a threat, backing up like non-murdering officer would be the logical move over immediately escalating to murder threats and then running into range of the "weapon".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd give the cop the benefit of the doubt.

He was instructing her to put it down the sink, she became non compliant, she sought cover, she made sudden movements while holding the pot. Sucks, but that's what it looks like to me.

Kharn

I mean she did all that after being told she was about to get shot in the fucking face for no reason/ little reason depending on how you take "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". To me, semed to be joking with the non-murdering officer for suggesting she would throw it at him while trying to figure out what the cops wanted her to do with the pot they asked her to go fuck with. Bad time for kidding, but she's talking to him and he's nervously chuckling.

All the "furtive movements" happen after "I swear to God I'll fucking shoot you right in the fucking face" and drawing a gun, and to me looks like panic while getting rushed and "fucking shot in the fucking face". She obviously wasn't all there, but hard to defend this shit even if you take the "rebuking" as a threat, backing up like non-murdering officer would be the logical move over immediately escalating to murder threats and then running into range of the "weapon".
"She's not all there", She meant 'this or that'. Nobody knows what she was thinking or what she meant.

They moved back when she was handling the pot. They moved forward after she placed the pot on the counter and ducked down.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council filed a grievance saying Sean Grayson fired 'without just cause'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm8i2VT_7uU
View Quote
Of course they did.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Death penalty for shooter. 100% guilty of second degree murder in my book.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:42:40 AM EDT
[#8]
By admitting that a well educated lawyer doesn't understand the word he adds reasonableness to the deputy's response to the word.
View Quote

So if a cop doesn't know a word someone uses it's reasonable to assume it's a threat and point their gun at their head then shoot them?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"She's not all there", She meant 'this or that'. Nobody knows what she was thinking or what she meant.

They moved back when she was handling the pot. They moved forward after she placed the pot on the counter and ducked down.
View Quote

They didn't move back, the officer not charged with murder moved back. Grayson pointed a gun at her head and threatened to kill her. Kind of the difference maker in which one is still employed and which one is charged with murder. Even if was a threat, it's pretty easy to call which deputy made the right decision there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ain’t that the truth!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Nothing has negatively affected my opinion of police more than cops on this board

Ain’t that the truth!

Yep. Same.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course they will, it's their job.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody hates bad cops more than good cops.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The needle isn't in charge of the haystack though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They didn't move back, the officer not charged with murder moved back. Grayson pointed a gun at her head and threatened to kill her. Kind of the difference maker in which one is still employed and which one is charged with murder. Even if was a threat, it's pretty easy to call which deputy made the right decision there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like you're right. It looks like the shooter stayed in place, and the other officer moved back. The 2nd officer also? recognized a (reasonable) potential danger.

IF it was a threat, his "conniption" is somewhat justified.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Bad shoot. A pot of boiling water has never killed anyone at 15 ft away. It's simply not a lethal threat, especially when you aren't alone. Was she crazy, sure, he his actions pushed her into her psychosis.

"I'm going to shoot you in the face"? Really?

That is the most unprofessional statement I've ever heard a cop say.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
So the boiling water wielding lady was going to propel the water up and over the partition to disable the officer long enough to conclude the exorcism?
Now that is one magical pot of water.
I do find it odd the the officer flipped a switch almost immediately at the name of Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She threw the water. Fuck her.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I Watched it a few times i can not hear what she said before the officer said you better not or i will shoot you in the f face. Does anyone know what she said?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Sonya Massey Incident Involving Officer Sean Grayson.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I Watched it a few times i can not hear what she said before the officer said you better not or i will shoot you in the f face. Does anyone know what she said?
View Quote

I rebuke you in the name of Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It’s reasonable to threaten deadly force if you don’t know what a word means?  

The reasonable officer standard ladies and gentlemen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By admitting that a well educated lawyer doesn't understand the word he adds reasonableness to the deputy's response to the word.

It’s reasonable to threaten deadly force if you don’t know what a word means?  

The reasonable officer standard ladies and gentlemen.

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Once you allow the police in without objection, they can be there and making them leave is not legally easy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let us assume everything you say is true.
Heck, let's remove the badges for a moment, since this is just a voluntary discussion and they have no police power to arrest or detain her involuntarily.

Two Jehovah's Witnesses knock on her door.
She opens the door and talks to them.
They walk in.
She doesn't attempt to stop them, she just keeps talking to them.
The conversation remains voluntary, and in the middle of some mild mannered kidding around, one of the Witnesses pulls out a gun and threatens to shoot her in the fucking face.

Is the guy with the gun an immediate threat to which she may legally respond with deadly force?
Damn fucking straight he is.
Can she legally use any and all means to end that threat, up to and including picking up a RPG launcher and laying a grenade in his center mass?
Yes, she can.
If she attempts to defend herself from his felonious assault, does her self defense action entitle him to shoot her in the fucking face to stop her from defending herself?
No, it fucking well does not.
Does any of the above change if you pin a badge on the attacking felon?
No, it does not.

Once you allow the police in without objection, they can be there and making them leave is not legally easy.

Making them legally leave is simple.  You revoke consent for the entry.  Unless there is an exigent circumstance or a warrant, the police legally must leave immediately,

The problem is cops have zero problem violating the Bill of Rights and NOT leaving.  That needs to be fixed.

Shooting a cop unlawfully in your home should be no different than shooting a stranger unlawfully in your home.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep. Same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Nothing has negatively affected my opinion of police more than cops on this board

Ain’t that the truth!

Yep. Same.

Same here. I never had a problem with cops when I was pulled over for speeding. I took it as a given that I'd get a ticket and be on my way. Sometimes I'd skate without a ticket. Now, after reading what these bootlickers and thugs post on here, I;m thinking I might get in a shootout with them because I was speeding, or swerved a bit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So the boiling water wielding lady was going to propel the water up and over the partition to disable the officer long enough to conclude the exorcism?
I do find it odd the the officer flipped a switch almost immediately at the name of Jesus.
View Quote

I noticed that the cop did switch gears at the mention of Jesus. Is he a Christ hating liberal or demon possessed?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Demons hate that name and react with violence
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#27]
There is no killing by the government so heinous that there won't be someone slobbering the government.
View Quote
You're certainly not wrong, I certainly remember all the members here defending the POS who murdered the Airman in the doorway of his own apartment.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Has BLM starting Burning and Looting over this or are they going to be silent like every other bad shoot?
They only seem to Burn Loot and Murder when criminals rightfully get smoked.
View Quote

They haven't rioted much since Trump was in office I think that is a bigger part of what it's about.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They haven't rioted much since Trump was in office I think that is a bigger part of what it's about.
View Quote
If polling stays high for Trump, trust me, they'll start firing up the Riot MachineR mid September.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I noticed that the cop did switch gears at the mention of Jesus. Is he a Christ hating liberal or demon possessed?
View Quote

who knows anymore. back duh blue.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If polling stays high for Trump, trust me, they'll start firing up the Riot MachineR mid September.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure about that. I think it has a negative effect on them when they're in office, they did it in 2020 to make chaos so we would want change and kick Trump out I'm not sure they want to riot under Biden.
They'll riot after Trump wins I'm sure. If he does.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who knows.

I dont think it was that however.

It was just that his partner was verbalizing and backing up, thus identifying the imminent threat.

He chose to go hard on her instead because trying to retreat thru the door with his partner while getting a 3rd degree burn shower probably didnt sound as appealing as facing the threat
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not sure they want to riot under Biden.
View Quote
Biden is a lame duck president, who may or may not even still be conscious in a few months....they will want any distraction they can find.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No she didn't. They should have left once they cleared the area and were standing awkwardly on the front porch. Did you even watch the video?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks like she starts filling the pot with tap water.  The officers were in no danger (not that they were even if the water was boiling).
It’s just a matter of finding out how long the prison sentence is and how much the taxpayers have to cough up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Who knows.

I dont think it was that however.

It was just that his partner was verbalizing and backing up, thus identifying the imminent threat.

He chose to go hard on her instead because trying to retreat thru the door with his partner while getting a 3rd degree burn shower probably didnt sound as appealing as facing the threat
View Quote

The partner was mostly reasonable.  
In other professions one can refuse to accept assignments that are unnecessarily dangerous or likely to jeopardize one’s career.
Are police officers allowed to refuse assignments when they know their partner is a complete retard who endangers everyone?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are police officers allowed to refuse assignments when they know their partner is a complete retard who endangers everyone?
View Quote

It happened a few times where I worked.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah... fuck that guy. Hope he has fun with the homies inside.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Making them legally leave is simple.  You revoke consent for the entry.  Unless there is an exigent circumstance or a warrant, the police legally must leave immediately,

The problem is cops have zero problem violating the Bill of Rights and NOT leaving.  That needs to be fixed.

Shooting a cop unlawfully in your home should be no different than shooting a stranger unlawfully in your home.
View Quote

exigent, like on going criminal investigation.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

exigent, like on going criminal investigation.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I can't figure out how to link a YT short

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/smTZLnoDFEQ
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Psychopathic behavior or flat out racist. The homies in the joint are going to be ready for this one. They may hate the world but they have an overprotective soft spot for the moms and grandmas who raised them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Demons hate that name and react with violence
View Quote

Most here will mock this but part of me believes it.

I've seen enough to know the devil is real.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't think she was throwing water.

I think she raised the pot to shield herself from being shot.

Edit: Saw a different video, that looks like she was throwing it, but after he had already threatened her with a firearm and was closing the distance.

I think she originally had grabbed it because he threatened to shoot her.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I agree this was a good shoot but it could have easily been a good "taser".   For pity sake, the officer refused to render aid....thats is gonna convict him by itself
View Quote

That failure to render aid was dumb dumb dumb.......even if you know it’s going through the motions you act for the camera.

A pot of boiling liquid does constitute the risk of grievous bodily harm.  One could argue that.  Frankly, never let them in the kitchen if you think they are a risk.  Two cops, one seeing the fire risk or the lady’s worry of the unattended stove......have the other deputy shut it off.  

Good call on recognizing the risk of the boiling water.......some would miss that one.

Didn’t play the whole video but jumped around and never caught the throw/shoot.   Don’t care, I’ll take the word of those guys that mentioned her odd final statement and the toss.   She decided to get it on.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I prefer just watching the raw body cam and not listening to the annoying background commentary.
View Quote

This, and I didn’t listen to the talking head.   And when I did not see footage of the toss and shooting then I was done.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remove the word shorts and replace with a v.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The cop was kind of a dick.  
A lot of these use of force issues could be resolved by not being a dick.

“Yea. We checked the property out. We get that you saw someone, maybe they left before we got here?  Feel free to inventory your stuff while we are here and call us again if needed.”
Instead he was loud and confrontational and puffing his chest at her.

Not sure why they needed her DL. She’s gone and the RP, not a criminal.  

They had no need to enter her home.  

Having said that, if you throw boiling water at a cop, they will kill you.
View Quote

Lol on the ID........if it was like my old place of work it was because your report would get rejected for not having what the supervisor demanded.  I hated playing twenty questions when I knew the complaint was BS.  Had way more leeway on what actually merited a report in the old days.  

It was especially annoying toward the end of my career when the new electronic complaint form was seven pages long and it required you to manually put names, dob, addresses, phone numbers repeatedly on different pages, god forbid it auto filled from the first page, no couldn’t set it up to do that.   That whole system was a train wreck caused by the main office square heads,.....the previous report software was beyond its lifespan and the contractor rep had been carrying us several years beyond the drop dead date behind his supervisors back.  We got a final two week notice that they were shutting our system down.  We got a sister agencies software that was already on state contract, got the bare minimum of modifications to make it barely function.  Three days notice to make all the download changes to every computer to get it to run.  No training, no manuals.  Then months later they started reopening complaints that were closed six months because they were not in compliance with policies that they came up with after.   I was on terminal vacation leave with four days left when my new wet behind the ears lieutenant reopened about twenty of mine.  I had already incinerated my notebooks in cleaning out my office for retirement and told him so.

Anyways I understand the filling in of the blocks thing.  It’s not because you want to.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top