BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question for you thin blue line types:

Let’s say I got into an argument with a dirty water hot dog guy. The shouting escalated, and he hauled back to throw some dirty hot dog water on me.  I pop a cap in his ass because.

Would I get no billed?
View Quote

Only if you haev a  badge
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Grand jury seemed to believe there's enough evidence to bring charges.   Let the system work.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow you took a still from the video that was totally misleading.  That is from when she was ducking and dropped the pot straight down.  Here is the video that was left off on youtube but lower resolution.

I really cannot decide if the people saying good shoot didn't watch the video, are racist or like the taste of boot polish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His video conveniently left out the shooter's bodycam video. She threw it.

https://i.imgur.com/u5mFYjy.png

Wow you took a still from the video that was totally misleading.  That is from when she was ducking and dropped the pot straight down.  Here is the video that was left off on youtube but lower resolution.

I really cannot decide if the people saying good shoot didn't watch the video, are racist or like the taste of boot polish.

You're being disingenuous.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I synced the audio from the partner's camera to the buffered video of the shooter's camera. He shoots after she grabs the pot and starts to throw it at him.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a bad shoot to me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s good customer service then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She called 911 for a suicide by cop.

That’s good customer service then.

Stay classy
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Sad.  She was mentally ill.  I think that she thought she was defending herself after deputy doofus pulled his gun.  Tossed the water at him and got shot.  

Cops should have been more chill.  This is on them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sad.  She was mentally ill.  I think that she thought she was defending herself after deputy doofus pulled his gun.  Tossed the water at him and got shot.  

View Quote

Agreed.

He berated her outside.
He entered her home, without being invited.
He threatened her with deadly force and pointed a pistol at her.
All of this, instead of just walking away.

He got exactly what he wanted: to kill someone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well the cop at least kept his word.  He shot her in the face.  

Never back down.  Never give in.  Everyone is a perp.
View Quote

Yup

They have to bully every situation.

She was in no position to hurt him until he pulled his gun, said he would shoot her in the face and then closed in on her.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
that cop was a shitbag before all this happened.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the problem, many departments have put thus requirement to get a name on prowler calls and such so if the home owner asks later who the officers talked to there is a record.

I talked to the brother of a home owner once on an alarm call, he claimed to be the owner and he refused to give me his name and I left. A few hours later the real homeowner called angry that we didn't stop his brother from entering his house. I got formal discipline for it.

So here the cops are trying to get her name, then she goes crazy. They were being nice until then. Inpatient, but when you deal with people day in and day out who can't provide basic info it gets really old. And once again if you don't get it, you get disciplined.

Tactically they should have backed out when she grabbed the water. Some poor choices were made, but you don't have to make the right choice, just a reasonable choice. Pointing a gun at a crazy woman with boiling water is reasonable.

She clearly went for the pot again while a gun was pointed at her after setting it down.

Sad incident for sure, but legally it's a justified shooting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
A taser would have ended this quietly and life would have gone on.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
that cop was a shitbag before all this happened.
View Quote

I know some of his family and 100% this guy is a piece of shit and should've never been a cop in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
She cooled off quicker than that pot of water. A True room temp challenge
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
They should have investigated and left instead he killed an unarmed woman . Hope he doesn't enjoy prison.  Fuck him. Lot of boot licking in the forum tonight
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL she said I rebuke you in the name of Jesus and the cop replied you better not, I will shoot you in the face.  She really needed a heard of swine for that cop.  Oh wait, maybe someone already cast the demon into a pig.
View Quote

Underrated post.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, she hucks the pot of water at them before they fire.

"Where are you going?"  That's what she asks the officers as one of them backs up as she brings the pot of steaming water over to a very cluttered countertop, a strange place to be setting it down, and the officer reacts by creating distance and also verbalizes the issue about the steaming pot of water.

It looks like she intended to do this.

Why is the video in the OP edited to cut out the most critical seconds of this shooting?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He told her he was going to shoot her in the “fucking face” then he stepped forward and murdered her.  
He must really want to go to prison.
View Quote

That's what is going to sink him.  Also what got him murder 1, premeditated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The cops have to deal with the lowest common denominators every day - the totally disgusting, diseased, criminal, drug-addled lowlifes all the time.  Drugged out, scum-sucking, worthless EBT scavengers, like sick zombies...

They should've just left.  Even if she had stole the SUV or whatever...just leave and shake your head pondering how somebody gets so fucked up.  Run the plates, contact the real owner, have it towed, follow up later.

But a murder charge?  No - frustration / suspicion in the moment, dealing with an unpredictable and psychotic quasi-religious-freako-bitch - ranting bible remarks like the dude in Pulp Fiction (which would sound pretty alarming to a rational person).  Tension is high, bitch is crazy, looks like she might be trying "something."  Maybe a manslaughter or other reduced charge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The guy in the video is a member here.  He is doing a lot of good work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mental illness. Good shoot even though the herp eye guy left out the footage of the shooting.

Herp eye guy is reaching Ben Crump level of trolling.

Should be rated troll.
The guy in the video is a member here.  He is doing a lot of good work.

What's herp eye guy?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's the screencap right as she's throwing it.
https://i.imgur.com/dVPQuKX.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watched it several times, and did not see her even attempt to "Throw Boiling Water" on anyone!
I dunno that looks like she's falling backwards after getting shot in the face
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It was pretty clear she was mentally unstable.  The first time she asked him to hand her the Bible I would have told her, “The power of the Lord compels you to stay inside, keep your doors locked, and not to call the police anymore tonight.”  
Of course I’m not out on patrol looking to commit 1st degree murder either.
View Quote

Lol, you have no idea how many times I pulled lines like that out on crazy people!

Mostly though, if you drag them off to the emergency room on an emergency mental health commitment / emergency detention order (EDO) a few times, they get to where they recognize you and they hide their crazy when you get dispatched out to their house because little green space aliens are running across their roof or the neighbors are shooting spiderwebs into their skin or reading their brain waves!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#23]
An Independent investigation of Defendant's actions was performed by the Illinois State Police. An expert in the field of "use of force" reviewed the recording made by body worn camera of both deputies. (Please see People’s Exhibit B subject to a protective order) The expert concluded that Defendant was NOT justified in his use of deadly force. He likened the scenario to an officer intentionally and unnecessarily putting himself in front of a moving vehicle and then justifying use of force because of fear of being struck. Defendant's disregard of his training as a law enforcement officer, and his disregard for human life, shows by clear and convincing evidence that he is a danger to persons in the community. He has ample access to firearms, and has shown a willingness to use lethal force, despite the availability of non-deadly alternatives, when there is little to no threat to his bodily safety.

I think the professionals with all their resources make a pretty good case.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Guy is presently being held without bail and the usual suspects are like “that’s a good shoot!”

I don’t know why cops have been having such a hard time not going to prison for murder lately.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I synced the audio from the partner's camera to the buffered video of the shooter's camera. He shoots after she grabs the pot and starts to throw it at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuqsX-xctY

View Quote
Lady: "Rebuke you name Jesus."
Cop: "Better not .... shoot face...." Draws Gun
Lady: "Okay sorry." Drops down - leaving pot on counter
Cop: "Drop fn pot. Drop fn pot". Moves Forward
Lady: Gets up, Throws pot at Cop
Cop: Shoots
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#26]
First I heard of this was just a few minutes ago, with the talking head emphasizing "White police officer shoots black woman". The only time race is pointed out is when the supposed bad guy is white.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
First I heard of this was just a few minutes ago, with the talking head emphasizing "White police officer shoots black woman". The only time race is pointed out is when the supposed bad guy is white.
View Quote

You're absolutely right!

"White police officer with 2 dui's and having worked at 4 departments in 6 years, shoots black woman who called about a prowler, for a pot of water in her kitchen."

Much better.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh, do you mean holding up both her arms and cowering in fear after two people drew down on her?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Is it wrong to say I hope that cop dumps a boiling 5 gal bucket over his head to end himself?  Did I make the lis! With that comment?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Uh, do you mean holding up both her arms and cowering in fear after two people drew down on her?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, she's throwing it. It's not hard to watch the video. I'll even link it again.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're trying to see what you want to see. She clearly throws it at him an you can see the water land a ways out. The only reason he doesn't walk is because jury cucks won't want their homes burned down.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Dirty inky sure flipped out at the name of Jesus.

RIP young lady.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The only reason he doesn't walk is because jury cucks won't want their homes burned down.
View Quote

Well lucky for us, we have your objectivity to keep us in check.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Cop had no right to pull a gun in the first place. Having done so, he is the illegal deadly threat.  She had the right to defend herself.  Not smart, but legally right.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sad incident for sure, but legally it's a justified shooting.
View Quote

Unfortunately for Dudley Doorite, one jury has already disagreed.  Not a stretch to think he’ll go 0-2.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#36]
She puts her hands up.

Yes.

Empty hands, save some pot holders.

But, she then grabs the pot of water, and throws it at the cops before they fire.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:02:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I prefer just watching the raw body cam and not listening to the annoying background commentary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does one go about getting a kickback for all these videos?

I prefer just watching the raw body cam and not listening to the annoying background commentary.

He’s a member here right?      Good stuff, but he should do short synopsis at the beginning, and a commentary at the end.  The constant cuts make it infuriating and almost unwatchable.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:11:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
After watching the second video, if he was worried about getting splashed with boiling water then why did he move closer to her?  Why not tell her to put the pot down and move away from it with her hands up before moving towards her?  Or why not just back on out the front door after drawing his gun and only shoot if she comes after them at that point?
View Quote

Tactical Training conditioned him into Threat-Response.    You can clearly see how his brain snapped to “Threat!” and the rest was automatic.      The creepy part was how he was kinda chuckling throughout the whole thing.    He executed that lady, but it wasn’t exactly premeditated.    At least not in the classical sense of the word.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:21:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His video conveniently left out the shooter's bodycam video. She threw it.

https://i.imgur.com/u5mFYjy.png

Often all three, but mostly it’s “circle the wagons” mentality.    They reflexively back the blue.  Without thought and without remorse.  

It’s the blue uniformed version of “mah baby didnt do nuffin”.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#40]
That did not look too good to me. But a pot of boiling water can certainly be dangerous and potentially deadly. I guess I’m glad a jury will decide and not me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That did not look too good to me. But a pot of boiling water can certainly be dangerous and potentially deadly. I guess I’m glad a jury will decide and not me.
View Quote

It’s an interesting case.  The cop certainly maneuvered her into that situation, through bad judgement, negligence and possibly malfeasance, but I could see him potentially walking.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm not seeing a threat of death or severe bodily injury.  Nothing even close.  Wouldn't want to be this cop or his lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Obama Death panels.  They're paid good money for the services rendered.  Good dental plan too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm not seeing a threat of death or severe bodily injury.  Nothing even close.
View Quote

Can I throw boiling water on your face?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Can I throw boiling water on your face?
View Quote

Are you going to coerce your way into his house first and then draw your gun and charge him?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:16:23 AM EDT
[#46]
That cop is going to prison.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why it would be so difficult to inform the Leo "I've got a pot of water on the boil for pasta, I'm going to turn it off and move it to a cold burner"?
View Quote

Why should a person in their own house have to notify anyone of anything.  Her house, her pot, her water.  If the cops didn't like it or feel unsafe then they are free to leave.  Just because they have a badge doesn't mean that people have to kiss their ass, espcially in a persons own home.

Millions will be out to the family for this murder.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#48]
There was no way that water was going to hit them from that still photo, even she had intended to toss it. The angle was too far downwards and you can see the water not flying up but going forward at their feet.

And why were they advancing toward her, if they had a threat from of a pot of boiling water?

The fact is, this whole mess could have been avoided if earlier at the doorstep after the cop said “We searched the area and it’s all good… do you need anything else? No. Okay, have a nice night” and then left.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#49]
She’d still be alive, if only she was on her slightly sloped roof instead of her kitchen. There’s probably some acorns up there too!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bad doop, gud chute. Threatening a LEO with a pot of boiling water was a poor choice
View Quote

Trolling or just fucking stupid.

She was 15 feet from him and she said sorry then withdrew.

Bad shoot, i hope the bad cop dies in prison by a shank.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top