Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Much restraint in not dropping that guy.

I'm pretty sure the first bodycam guy has a 1911.  The one next to him appears to have a Glock with a ported barrel.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did one of those cops have a 1911?....
View Quote

Sure looks like it,  with a magwell, around 4:15

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Inside job
"Suspect got a backup handgun from the officer in the backpack."
Shouldn't the backup be on you?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the point of continuing shouting "Show me your hands!" to someone who has already ignored the command a dozen times and obviously has no intention of following that order, or any others for matter? And adding "fucking" into the sentence seems to have no effect whatsoever.

But it turned out ok, other than a $70k vehicle getting shot the fuck up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
"Show me you hands" has got to be the single stupidest thing in current cop vocabulary.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That one cop “watch your crossfire”...pretty sure translates to “I swear if one of you motherfuckers shoots me due to your own stupidity...I’m going to go duck behind this engine block”...
View Quote

Circular firing squad for the win.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those lady cops flagging their partners. Running around to the other side of the car causing a crossfire situations.

Sorry these faginas need to be relieved of duty before they kill someone.
View Quote

Rest assured she won't be disciplined.  She's a female.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Very odd sallyport / office arrangement they have there...

The initial crossfire setup was immediately noted and corrected. I have no issue with someone, in a dynamic situation, realizing they need to reposition and then realizing their choice was bad and fixing it.

The later crossfire from bodycam guy next to AR guy, at the vehicle's direct rear, was more concerning IMO...they were aimed dangerously close to the open office door in front of the cruiser, with at least one guy poking his head out of there...and then continuing to do so.

My guess is chick is going to get suspended for something or other...probably for leaving the prisoner unsupervised for the time that she did. I'm going to also guess that doing so was a common practice in that sallyport area, and/or that she is going to say (probably truthfully) that she asked the officer sitting at the desk to watch her prisoner.

I have no clue if its normal for them to do paperwork at those desks while prisoners sit in the cruisers, but something tells me it probably is..which is an institutional fault of the agency. Either stay in the car with the person, or take them in and shackle them to a secure area under observation. They probably got away with shitty practices for years...until this week.

That still leaves the question of how homie managed to get through the plexiglass screen...going to have to point fingers at the Fleet unit for selecting/installing/failing to maintain substandard equipment.

A few years back we had a female rookie lose a prisoner out the backseat of the cruiser. Old car, with no cages over the rear windows...and Fleet neglected to ever disable rear power window buttons in any of the cruisers. El Drunko just rolled the window down, wiggled out, and ran off. Now, whose fault is it that the cruisers have no cage, and the rear windows can be rolled down by pressing the button (that damn child safety lock button has the paint half worn away, and gets accidentally bumped a dozen times a shift)? Female got burned and thrown to volcano gods...while a week later everyone in the agency was ordered to go pull apart their rear doors and rip loose the wiring for the window buttons.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Draw it again!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109238/8CCE5519-183F-497A-8E8B-80F87B978935_jpe-1495806.JPG
The two shooters take each other out!  

Holy crossfire Batman.
View Quote

That’s all I could think of. Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the first bodycam guy has a 1911.  The one next to him appears to have a Glock with a ported barrel.
View Quote

1911 with what looked like a U-boat surefire, other guy had a G34/G35 non-ported long boi.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Weapons lights on?  A lot, if not constant on some?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Show me you hands" has got to be the single stupidest thing in current cop vocabulary.
View Quote

Honestly, that guy was probably so doped up they would have had more luck shouting the afternoon NYSE stock ticker numbers to him in Swahilli. The only real value is performance theater for the bodycams. A dude that whacked out isn't going to respond to commands, period. Anyone who fails to show any appreciable reaction to sudden lead absorption is not in a normal state of mind.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Was he 5150 or just a hardass?

Didn't look like a homeless dude, garden variety younger gang banger.

I think that was the lady officer's collar and she fucked up bad. Almost cost her her life too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I suppose he could have shot them all and they would take it. What a bunch of pussies
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#15]
How thick was that plexiglass plate that he broke and how did he break it?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#16]
My favorite part was in the beginning when the officer(s) that circled around to the other side started playing ring around the rosie, seemingly TRYING to be directly opposite of the other ones.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did one of those cops have a 1911?....

... that was nice to see
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Draw it again!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109238/8CCE5519-183F-497A-8E8B-80F87B978935_jpe-1495806.JPG

Holy crossfire Batman.
View Quote

They went to the regiment.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#20]
They should've just domed his ass
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The fucking academy teaches you not to put them on too tight because you can cause “discomfort” or “nerve damage.”

After I had one girl slip my cuffs and another guy do it on a different officers stop I crank them down until I can’t. It’s a short ride. They’ll live.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How common is it for someone to 'slip their cuff' on a properly applied handcuff?

That woman is lucky the tango didn't blow her fucking head off while she was leaning in through the drivers door window fucking with whatever she was fucking with.

Sure looked like she was sweeping the other cops there...multiple times. Borderline hysterical.

The fucking academy teaches you not to put them on too tight because you can cause “discomfort” or “nerve damage.”

After I had one girl slip my cuffs and another guy do it on a different officers stop I crank them down until I can’t. It’s a short ride. They’ll live.

Good. Tourniquets can be on for greater than 8 hours. Better to be safe.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those lady cops flagging their partners. Running around to the other side of the car causing a crossfire situations.

Sorry these faginas need to be relieved of duty before they kill someone.
View Quote

It was one chick and 3 dudes, and they were all flagging each other at one point, specially when they took up an "X" position ambush. Jees, they got so lucky nothing else happened.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Where are the shotguns? There should have been more shotguns coming out.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Cops need to stop cussing! The bar keeps getting lower and lower.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That was the most goddamn clown shoes shit I’ve seen in a long time. A month  ago he’d have been Swiss cheese the second they saw the gun. The level of risk they all assumed was absolutely insane.
View Quote

Yep, very surprised that scumbag survived that, he should have been put down when he exited the vehicle still armed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:34:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Something I’ve noticed as an instructor at limited access courses, though this is purely anecdotal.

The average patrolman has been taught to respond individually. Which makes sense. Unless on some more task oriented team that trains together frequently, there is little (if any in some cases) real preparation to integrate into a team with other patrolmen/individuals should the need arise. This was a big glaring problem back when the “active shooter” training started getting pushed out nationwide instead of just in population centers.

The result is what you see here. As the situation deteriorated, more individuals kept arriving and doing different versions of the same thing. Everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to come up with a plan, or to tell them what to do. Everyone’s shouting different versions of th same instructions that aren’t being followed, and it’s just random chaotic yelling. Which dude couldn’t hear anyway.

The initial shock is forgivable, once in the sally port you can see the laid back lack of urgency in everyone when she starts trying to get help. Once guns were drawn though, everyone just waited. I know some will say “it’s because of all the BLM stuff” but there’s a lot more wrong here than being afraid of the blowback of a shooting. Nobody was coordinating anything, nobody had a plan and it showed. Different individuals were doing their own thing but not communicating.

Fucking communicating at some of these courses was so bad. Besides yelling “let me see your fucking hands”, nobody’s talking to each other. AR dude almost gets popped by the kid with the camera who takes a shot from his rear left. AR cop by the way standing in the open like a confused statue while the kid who shoots is just juking back and forth. There’s cops behind every support pillar peeking out and nobody’s taking charge. Running from cover A to cover B to cover A to cover B.

When we did courses we’d put patrol guys, most of them having known each other for years, in a position that they had to work as a team to solve. If one guy was designated as the guy in charge in advance, it went pretty well. If it was a group of peers with nobody being the decision maker, it would look like this. A ton of yelling, a lot of shifting around in the same spot, and it would drag on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:44:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How common is it for someone to 'slip their cuff' on a properly applied handcuff?

That woman is lucky the tango didn't blow her fucking head off while she was leaning in through the drivers door window fucking with whatever she was fucking with.

Sure looked like she was sweeping the other cops there...multiple times. Borderline hysterical.
View Quote

She doesn’t seem cut out for gun play. It’s not for everyone, so that’s okay.

Send her to me. I’m okay with doing some handcuff practice with her. From what I can see, she might be hot. She does seem to have something going on under that frumpy attire.

She can be good at butt stuff without being a good gunfighter. If she is indeed hot, I’ll forgive her past performance.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems like a legit tactical plan. We all get in a circle and shoot at the suspect in the middle

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
She was helping!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Disappointing.   I really wanted to see the K9's body cam footage.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh look, another dangerous incident created by a female officer being a female officer.
-didn't cuff him properly (big surprise)
-leaves a weapon in car
-constantly flagging partners
-no tactical sense whatsoever
-they usually can't shoot for shit, they're worthless in DT/anything physical
-this is all the norm and general rule with rare exception
hell i bet her inserted mag, or one of her reloads, is not topped off to full.
they don't belong in LE, ever
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

1911 with magwell and Surefire.

He was switched on enough to call out the crossfire situation when the two went around to the other side of the car.

The more of these videos I watch with multiple cops going to guns its amazing there is not more blue on blue. At the end when the Glock guy had his muzzle behind and just to the left of rifle guy all I could think was if they all open up and rifle guy jinks left he is catching one in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They were way too nice to him.
View Quote

See, they are trying
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should go put in an application and be the shining example for all law enforcement to follow with their vocabulary.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

1911 with what looked like a U-boat surefire, other guy had a G34/G35 non-ported long boi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, San Diego PD has a liberal policy on authorized pistols.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Should have sent in the social workers from the start.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#39]
AR15 cop should have taken him out.    

That waste of oxygen will only be more problems to society in the future
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I like how the women folk cleared out when it was time to do cop stuff lol.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Needs more social workers and drug counselors.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He must have been really doped up.
View Quote

No shit.  What part of his actions seemed like a good idea to him?

I am surprised at the few number of rounds fired.  The police showed great restraint IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Also noticed at the start of the video most of the cops are fumbling trying to put gloves on and not watching the perp.  Also fumbling with their masks throughout.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Draw it again!

Holy crossfire Batman.
View Quote

Yeah, at one point those two officers were guns drawn almost exactly 180 degrees.  You couldn't have created better crossfire if you'd have choreographed it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Someone ought to edit all the explanations and body cam of that video and play it back at higher speed with Yakkity Sax as the sound track.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Cops were racist for not giving commands in Spanish.  Sure proof of a lack of diversity. Where was the counselor?  Should have contained him until his lawyer arrived.  

Damn cops.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like... is my sarcasm meter off?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

They need to stop cussing because it sounds stupid and it doesn't work.

It's not as if an armed suspect is going to say "Hang on .... he said to drop the "fucking" gun.  These guys are serious. I better do what they say.".

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cops were racist for not giving commands in Spanish.  Sure proof of a lack of diversity. Where was the counselor?  Should have contained him until his lawyer arrived.  

Damn cops.
View Quote

You joke. I got grilled by a defense attorney about why I didn’t yell commands in Vietnamese.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#50]
San Diego police, America’s finest says the badge.

Yet they go down to Ocean street to get a bj in a gas station bathroom from a whore.

Camp Pendleton isn’t far from there, we watched assholes.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top