Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/11/2024 11:56:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnoGoRider]
Powder Valley Facebook page has been taken down.

Critical Shortage Causes Vista Outdoors To SUSPEND Gunpowder Shipments

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#1]
How many here saw this coming and have stacked deep?

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been telling my customers to buy now for the fall...
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Might be time to start boycotting the ammo companies that are gouging us.  Let them go out of business.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cavedog:

View Quote

Israel  is waiting on 10,000 plus heavy bombs, like JDAM's and others. Good knows what Ukraine is getting and waiting on and add in what Taiwan is waiting on, plus filling the US Military and other nations orders.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
Might be time to start boycotting the ammo companies that are gouging us.  Let them go out of business.
View Quote

Everyone one is busy trying to grow their artillery production by an order of magnitude, unless you’re willing to pay, they nitro is going to the government.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Doom!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I'm OK for a while not really burning though what I have but of course there is never enough
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Just picked up an 8lb jug of N560 at the low price of just $399.99  Gouging?  Yep, but it will keep my 300 win mag fed for a while.  Still have about 4 lbs left in the other jug too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GimpyPaw:
Just picked up an 8lb jug of N560 at the low price of just $399.99  Gouging?  Yep, but it will keep my 300 win mag fed for a while.  Still have about 4 lbs left in the other jug too.
View Quote

I just checked what I paid per a 8lb jug of Accurate 2230 four years ago:  $167.

Now it's $300.  And it's about the cheapest .223 powder I could find.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

You have no idea

Enough to outfit a small dictatorship they said, so I did
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Interesting that Ukraine vs Russia has resulted in shortages that 20 years of GWOT did not.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:31:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#15]
Well that sucks was hoping to see some RL-33..still got enough for now, but more would be better, it goes fast when its a 100 grains per cartridge......
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

View Quote
I'm just saying I think we should be wary of these giant ammo consortiums that are taking over.  I don't think it's a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

Everyone one is busy trying to grow their artillery production by an order of magnitude, unless you're willing to pay, they nitro is going to the government.
View Quote
Allegedly.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:58:32 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Years ago
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Rough math shows I have enough for 37k rounds of 9mm. Fair amount of rifle powder as well. Not totally content but it'll have to do for now.

Will run out of primers first. Got the kit to reload them but meh. I screw up simple reloads enough. Don't need to make it more complicated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Sierra club is responsible for the shortage and the federal government for being a bunch of fuckups and basically enviro-mental laws destroyed the production of all black and smokeless powders in the U.S..

And the government of kalifornia needs to be eradicated from the mainland and extradited to cuba, Gitmo for reeducation to send to urope
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#22]
War always brings out the weak link/s in the supply chain of goods. Unfortunately, in the modern age, it's a product that the government really doesn't want us mere small people to have in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Vista is borderline anti-gun and has been for years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:42:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Powder prices, especially Alliant are getting ridiculous
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#25]
are we seeing a new business for PSA?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:07:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:
Powder prices, especially Alliant are getting ridiculous
View Quote

50-70 A pound on average. Absolutely gouging people, just like the primers. I've since gone to Shooters World, but they are edging up their prices quickly as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:10:26 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Well when we're on the brink of WWIII on multiple fronts there's a shortage of nitrocellulose used in everything needed for war.

Commercial sales and reloading take a backseat in times like this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:13:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By memsu:

Well when we're on the brink of WWIII on multiple fronts there's a shortage of nitrocellulose used in everything needed for war.

Commercial sales and reloading take a backseat in times like this.
View Quote
I'm not really buying their BS anymore.  It's car dealership stuff.  We just keep seeing big price increases every year from the big American ones.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
Interesting that Ukraine vs Russia has resulted in shortages that 20 years of GWOT did not.
View Quote

Because that was less of a shooting war over the 20 year period. The periods of time with active force on force in OIF and OEF was shorter, and the US wasnt scouring the world for munitions a year into the conflicts
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn , I haven’t been paying attention to prices . Maybe time to sell some of my stash in 6 mos to a year from now . 4895 over $60 at midway .
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

So you were just told there's a shortage and your initial response is to boycott?
There won't be anything to boycott. Yeesh.
Gouging?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Not concerned, I DON’T reload

j/k - just membering all those smug, myopic posts from the I ONLY give a shit about MY Rights crowd.

In reality, I hav enough “Lil Gun” left to load up about another 500 .410 shells. After that, I’ll be paying $17/box of 25, when I can find them

Traveling to a machinegun shoot later this month and while packing up my ammunition, I added-up the replacement cost and it was staggering.

and yet, I can’t help but believe that this whole “crisis” was in fact purposely created to have this exact outcome
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:49:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm just saying I think we should be wary of these giant ammo consortiums that are taking over.  I don't think it's a good thing.
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:16:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:19:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tc556guy] [#36]
Originally Posted By Makarov:
Not concerned, I DON’T reload

j/k - just membering all those smug, myopic posts from the I ONLY give a shit about MY Rights crowd.

In reality, I hav enough “Lil Gun” left to load up about another 500 .410 shells. After that, I’ll be paying $17/box of 25, when I can find them

Traveling to a machinegun shoot later this month and while packing up my ammunition, I added-up the replacement cost and it was staggering.

and yet, I can’t help but believe that this whole “crisis” was in fact purposely created to have this exact outcome
View Quote

You may not reload but if there's a powder shortage either real or manufactured  then it will inevitably spill into the availability of commercially loaded ammunition
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:34:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh shit, never fails. The spice starts flowing and then some BS panic/ shortage hits
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

You may not reload but if there's a powder shortage either real or manufactured  then it will inevitably spill into the availability of commercially loaded ammunition
View Quote

That's my biggest concern.  I'm good for a while on reloading components, and I have a decent ammo stash, but I can see the shortages eventually affecting availability of commercial ammo.  It wouldn't be quite as bad if we as a country had retained the capability of producing more of our own powder/munitions rather than relying on foreigners, but that's the fault of the MBAs and fucking short sighted corporate/govt leaders.  

I'm not going to get all tin-foily and say its an conspiracy, but gee it sure is convienient.  If the antis can't get rid of our guns, they can price it out of reach for the commoners, leading to a diminishment of the "gun culture".
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Not a good time to start reloading new calibers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:57:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#41]
Originally Posted By GaryM:
Not a good time to start reloading new calibers.
View Quote

Nope.

Thats why instead of getting a 300WSM to replace the 300WM that I sold a few years ago I just got a TRG-42 instead since I have 35lbs of powder that will work in 300WM but won’t in 300WSM.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I was a reloading phenom until a few years ago. Now I have essentially no supplies/equipment. I'm old enough now to know I'll NEVER run out of ammo now so I let my son have both of my 650s along with probably 200 lbs. of Varget and other powders. I'm sitting on cases and cases of .556 and 9mm from 20 years ago along with what I loaded over time. It's a sad day for new shooters and those on tight budgets.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Unless the U.S. federal government goes all WWII and subsidizes more smokeless powder manufacturing plants, prices will fluctuate easily.

The irony is smokeless powder is easy to manufacture, though there is a lot of chemical and physical processing/blending that is required for it to be loaded into a shell casing or bags.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Sam at SGAmmo be like

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Totally real this time. Source: trust me bros (customers)
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:37:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#46]
Originally Posted By LnWlf:
Totally real this time. Source: trust me bros (customers)
View Quote

Well, I am in the firearms manufacturing side of things.  There is a lot of odd stuff going on right now that is hitting the small and medium companies hard and not just in the munitions side, but all mfg. Not going into details because it might be defense related.

The last time I saw this was early 2001.  I dont know what to think of it as nothing makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I can’t help but wonder how old you are.

They aren’t shipping powder to the civilian sector because they have so many orders for factory ammunition and artillery propellants… how are you going to boycott them? They’ve already boycotted you. lol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:45:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#48]
Originally Posted By billclo:
I'm not going to get all tin-foily and say its an conspiracy, but gee it sure is convienient.  If the antis can't get rid of our guns, they can price it out of reach for the commoners, leading to a diminishment of the "gun culture".
View Quote

Civilian shooting is a drop in the bucket compared to military use of artillery and bombs, and there two major conflicts going on right now that we're supplying half the munitions for.

The US government appreciates your sacrifice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#49]
So it begins again...

I was going to wait until I moved, but I just ordered enough pistol powder to keep me going for a couple years
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:52:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#50]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Doom!
View Quote

no badda boom
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top