User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
shameless harbour freight sloots like me don't buy anything from HF without a coupin there, brosef.
View Quote

I go in there to get what I need to fix what's broken when needed, not at next month's parking lot sale.

Actually I've been in twice this week looking for the butane soldering iron. Out of stock but "more coming soon".
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
What else do I need?? This my chance to get the mountain knockoff wrenches??

Does inside track get more deals??
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What else do I need?? This my chance to get the mountain knockoff wrenches??

Does inside track get more deals??
View Quote
unknown.

maybe.

yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Do I need to print these or just scan from the phone? I need disposable rubber gloves.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do I need to print these or just scan from the phone? I need disposable rubber gloves.
View Quote
they can scan the images of the coupins on your phone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No local Northern Tool stores so stuff would have to get shipped in, but there's a HF 30 minutes away. HF has been stepping up their game with some of their premium lines and they have an easy return policy, sure they still sell some junk tools too, you just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.
View Quote

If you live near a small town, HF will warranty/replace anything that you break or is defective, no matter what or why.  No matter what brand.  

I buy a fair amount of their Icon tools when they’re on sale, but anything that is a “one time use” tool I will buy their cheaper brand. When it breaks after the first use, they will replace it no questions asked, and you have a new tool to use the next time you might never need it.

Disclaimer: Don’t rely on anything Pittsburgh to actually be the size it claims…whether it be sockets, open end/box end wrenches, Allen wrenches, etc.  Pittsburgh is absolute shit with no tolerances.  Just don’t buy them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan on picking up a 1/2 Hercules impact this weekend. They are giving away a free battery with purchase. The 10% coupon plus a $15 birthday coupon I got should make for a nice deal
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you live near a small town, HF will warranty/replace anything that you break or is defective, no matter what or why.  No matter what brand.  

I buy a fair amount of their Icon tools when they're on sale, but anything that is a "one time use" tool I will buy their cheaper brand. When it breaks after the first use, they will replace it no questions asked, and you have a new tool to use the next time you might never need it.

Disclaimer: Don't rely on anything Pittsburgh to actually be the size it claims whether it be sockets, open end/box end wrenches, Allen wrenches, etc.  Pittsburgh is absolute shit with no tolerances.  Just don't buy them.
View Quote
the Shitsburgh metric flex ratcheting wrenches for $22.50 after a coupin live in the glovebox of my beater and have never let me down.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Again, near a small town HF.  Go in and when checking out, they will scan through all their current specials and give any coupons/discounts that are being offered, without you having to show/scan the deals.  I just hand them the tool and say “I think you have this on sale” and they will look through all their promotions.  If it’s not currently on sale, they will usually say “I can’t find it, but how about 15% off?”.

“Sounds good to me, thank you Ma’am!”.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the Shitsburgh metric flex ratcheting wrenches for $22.50 after a coupin live in the glovebox of my beater and have never let me down.

https://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/9fc4a8332f9638515cd199dd0f9238da/6/0/60592_zzz_500.jpg_1.jpeg
View Quote

You MF’er…

Those look an awful like the Icon set I bought off FleaBay last year.
Edit: every Shitsburgh tool I have is somewhere between SAE/Metric, leaving me to believe our Alien Overlords have blessed us with a new system that only the most recent HF Chinesium is blessed to have the specs to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RedAngus:

You MF'er

Those look an awful like the Icon set I bought off FleaBay last year.
View Quote
i ended up buying the Icons later to get a 17mm and 19mm (#justHondathings) but the Shitsburg set is the perfect glovebox set to keep in my shitbox.

Shitsburg for my shitbox.

i keep the wrenches together with one of those horse blanket pins.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck China
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck China
View Quote
that escalated quickly.gif
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck China
View Quote
Icon is made in Taiwan, not Chicom. It's getting hard to find any tool brand that doesn't have at least some of their products that are made in China.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That fresh smell of China when you walk in is the best!
Wish they sold that scent in an air freshener.
View Quote

they have a handful of things from the US but nowhere the amount of chinese stuff.   They do have a plant here in Dillon/Latta that does testing, packing and some final assembly .  employs a few hundred folks at least.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/9fc4a8332f9638515cd199dd0f9238da/6/0/60592_zzz_500.jpg_1.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I buy a fair amount of their Icon tools when they're on sale, but anything that is a "one time use" tool I will buy their cheaper brand. When it breaks after the first use, they will replace it no questions asked, and you have a new tool to use the next time you might never need it.

Disclaimer: Don't rely on anything Pittsburgh to actually be the size it claims whether it be sockets, open end/box end wrenches, Allen wrenches, etc.  Pittsburgh is absolute shit with no tolerances.  Just don't buy them.

I am in for a set of these.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I just dropped 400$ on some stuff.

Quinn 3/8 and 1/2 chrome master socket set and 3/8 impact set. I was using some hf stuff a lot this week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Chyna
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Icon is made in Taiwan, not Chicom. It's getting hard to find any tool brand that doesn't have at least some of their products that are made in China.

View Quote

Most of the icon line is made in Taiwan.

Most.

The slip ring pliers set I have was made on China
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quinn 3/8 and 1/2 chrome master socket set and 3/8 impact set. I was using some hf stuff a lot this week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_1220_jpeg-3146582.JPG
View Quote
unpossible.

Gee Dee has assured me that all HF tools are chinese shite that will self destruct after one use.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ah yes. The smell of Shrimp Ramen mixed with Butyl Rubber and tears of child slave labor.
View Quote

At least it’s not the third world smell of shit, burning tires and rotting vegetation…
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
unpossible.

Gee Dee has assured me that all HF tools are chinese shite that will self destruct after one use.
View Quote

I have mostly icon, Tekton, capri, etc in the shop which are mostly Taiwan.

For the mobile sets of stuff I have Quinn which is harbor freights mid tier brand and Klein. Made in Taiwan.

Works great, as you can see. I just need more pliers in the mobile set and more sockets and ratchets
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I plan on picking up a 1/2 Hercules impact this weekend. They are giving away a free battery with purchase. The 10% coupon plus a $15 birthday coupon I got should make for a nice deal
View Quote

Happy bday, I got that same $15 coupon, gonna buy a couple of things this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_1220_jpeg-3146582.JPG
View Quote

Those tool totes are awesome, I got the big one and loaded it up with just electrical stuff.
I like to pretend I'm an electrician on occasion.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Got a new nightstand for the spare bedroom last Thursday.
Closeout price + 10% off coupon = $179.00
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#30]
They have a Harbour Freight next to the MacDonald's in Windsor.
I bought a toque and some red coloured bins.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I was looking at the website last night, and HF has the Bunker Hill 30 cal plastic ammo boxes for 3.99.  I'm going today to get a few for my last Ammoplanet score.

Ammo box of cheapness
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Just as good
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#33]
The stores in my area are probably the best managed stores. The employees ask if you need help when you enter, and check again of you look lost. If you ask about an item, they'll usually walk you right to the item. They are friendly and very helpful without being pushy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got a new nightstand for the spare bedroom last Thursday.
Closeout price + 10% off coupon = $179.00
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542569/IMG_9497-3146660.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#35]

They have 8”, 10”, 12” Doyle brand water pump cobras too.

And Icon plier wrench

I already own Knipex I bought used.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Ordered one of these.  Might have to make a flamethrower out of it
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#37]
can't wait for the Icon knock offs of the snap off needle nose pliers.

$14 after coupin.

just as gud.

well that and for $14 each get you a set for the truck and a set for the shop.  then get a set for your woman, get a set for someone else's woman.  it's moar fun that way.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That would have been nice, we have several rental centers in town, I was surprised nobody carries one to rent. United Rentals has air driven jack hammers but my compressor would puke trying to drive one so I'd end up having to rent the compressor too. The rental costs for one day would be quite a bit more than electric breaker and the concrete saw (and blade) I ended up buying.

I'll probably hang on to the breaker and saw when we're done, I have a shit load of tools from when we built our last house, I hang on to them because even though you might not need them for years just about the time you get rid of them you suddenly need them
View Quote

Best way to find a use for something is to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://preview.redd.it/new-snap-on-i-mean-icon-long-nose-slip-joint-pliers-at-sema-v0-j5xk5n58gtyb1.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5bb70aa11c14171eccecd0accaa6d8d92139e59a

$14 after coupin.

just as gud.

well that and for $14 each get you a set for the truck and a set for the shop.  then get a set for your woman, get a set for someone else's woman.  it's moar fun that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://preview.redd.it/new-snap-on-i-mean-icon-long-nose-slip-joint-pliers-at-sema-v0-j5xk5n58gtyb1.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5bb70aa11c14171eccecd0accaa6d8d92139e59a

$14 after coupin.

just as gud.

get a set for someone else's woman.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

get a set for someone else's woman.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm going to buy a 10mm socket...can't have too many of those.
Thanks, OP!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm going to buy a 10mm socket...can't have too many of those.
Thanks, OP!
View Quote
i gotchu fam

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Cat for scale.

Quinn 1/2 master chrome socket set. It’s really nice BUT one thing I underestimated was the weight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fuck China
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck China

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck China
Fuck China

G-damn right!

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#46]

I plead guilty.  Bought a Milwaukee impact wrench a few years ago thinking I'm NOT buying China.  Now I'm in the damn M18 family of Chinese made Milwaukee shit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I plead guilty.  Bought a Milwaukee impact wrench a few years ago thinking I'm NOT buying China.  Now I'm in the damn M18 family of Chinese made Milwaukee shit.
View Quote
It's almost impossible to find any tool manufacture that doesn't have at least some of their product line made in China unfortunately

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#48]
"professionally made in chy-nuh"
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's almost impossible to find any tool manufacture that doesn't have at least some of their product line made in China unfortunately

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/119852/Snap_on-3147916.jpg
View Quote

Same for electronics. Common pets like capacitors and inductors and PCBs almost all come from there
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Just used the 30% 15% and $15 off coupon.
Nothing special, just some furniture dolly’s and a pivot handle for one of em.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top