Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2024 1:34:23 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there is a place that I can Send it for an annual soft parts rebuild?  My son is getting certified this summer, and I dove a couple years ago in Bonaire I just rented equipment there, but were planning a 7-10 day trip to St. Marten next summer and would my own gear but I really dont feel like buying another Regulator either, I missed the Buyout when Mares took over.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 3woodiii:
Does anyone know if there is a place that I can Send it for an annual soft parts rebuild?  My son is getting certified this summer, and I dove a couple years ago in Bonaire I just rented equipment there, but were planning a 7-10 day trip to St. Marten next summer and would my own gear but I really dont feel like buying another Regulator either, I missed the Buyout when Mares took over.
View Quote

When was the last service? Parts kits may not be available.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If you set on servicing...
Contact a shop that services Mares stuff.  Mares kept that model going for a bit after the demise of Dacor. Service kits are available.  

The shop will likely push a new reg set on you though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I checked with a large shop in Ann Arbor and they dont have access to the parts kits anymore, and I everywhere I look online the parts kits are out of stock.  I might have to pick up a new regulator, probably will go with scubapro, or aqualung this time something mid range for how much diving I do.  Hopefully they wont go out of business.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I checked with a large shop in Ann Arbor and they dont have access to the parts kits anymore, and I everywhere I look online the parts kits are out of stock.  I might have to pick up a new regulator, probably will go with scubapro, or aqualung this time something mid range for how much diving I do.  Hopefully they wont go out of business.
View Quote

I’d stay away from Aqualung as they’re having financial issues. ScubaPro is a good bet or something like Dive Rite.

And keep your distance from that Ann Arbor shop. Owner does NOT have a good reputation among Midwest divers. I could tell you some stories that would make your toes curl.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have not dealt with that dive shop up there I just know its fairly large in our area and hoped they may have had some stock, I got certified in Toledo years ago at Aqua Hut and the other shops I checked Im out of luck with that reg.  My son is currently going through his certification with Aqua Hut right now, hopefully his checkout dives in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:47:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#7]
I have not dealt with that dive shop up there I just know its fairly large in our area and hoped they may have had some stock, I got certified in Toledo years ago at Aqua Hut and the other shops I checked Im out of luck with that reg.  My son is currently going through his certification with Aqua Hut right now, hopefully his checkout dives in a couple weeks.
View Quote

I did a trip to Tobermory, Ontario for wreck diving in 2019 through Aqua Hut. Nice people and good reputation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Is the shop you contacted a Mares dealer?
As I mentioned, Mares kept the Viper reg going after Dacor went away.  The Mares Viper is the exact same as Dacor (as far as service kits, face plate etc.).
Mares did discontinue their Viper, but kits should still be out there.  Saw quite a few in out of the shop I worked at in soflo.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I cannot find a service kit and as Im sure the reg functions fine I rented gear the last two trips and It hasnt been serviced in 15 years probably, with young kid we didnt take too many diving trips, with my boy getting certified we may dive a little more, I was looking on suba.com and they sell used Scubapro MK11 might be a good option for how much I dive.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I cannot find a service kit and as Im sure the reg functions fine I rented gear the last two trips and It hasnt been serviced in 15 years probably, with young kid we didnt take too many diving trips, with my boy getting certified we may dive a little more, I was looking on suba.com and they sell used Scubapro MK11 might be a good option for how much I dive.
View Quote

I have a scuba pro regset for sale.
Mk25 first stage s600 2nd stage
Scuba pro Octo and a aqualung/shearwater transmitter. Breathes fine on the surface but hasn't dove in 2 years.
Needs a service and a battery for the transmitter.
Comes with a scuba pro reg bag.  
500.00 shipped in the lower 48.00

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like a good deal, I will let you know Im still trying to figure out I may just rent this next trip reg, bcd.  My wife dont dive anymore so I will have to see how much diving im going to be getting in.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top