Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
10/2/2018 6:31:25 AM EDT
The Punisher and the Daredevil series are the best Marvel shows on Netflix by far.  The others don't even come close, but the Defenders was somewhat good.

Can't wait!  Looks like they are getting rid of his red-"I take it in the ass" costume and are going back to the old raw look.

Marvel’s Daredevil: Season 3 | Burn [HD] | Netflix
10/2/2018 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Surprised they went with Fisk again as a badguy, I thought he was in jail.
10/19/2018 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone watching? Seems pretty good. Hints of PC BS, but it's Marvel, and that's what they do.
10/19/2018 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m about 4 episodes in and it is decent enough. A little hokey and heavy handed, but decent. Just hoping it doesn’t do the Netflix Marvel slump and become 7 episodes of filler from this point forward.
10/19/2018 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:
Surprised they went with Fisk again as a badguy, I thought he was in jail.
View Quote
So yeah, the producer sees him as a Trump-type character. Let us know how that plays out...

ETA: NVM, I'm starting to watch it now...
10/19/2018 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
I’m about 4 episodes in and it is decent enough. A little hokey and heavy handed, but decent. Just hoping it doesn’t do the Netflix Marvel slump and become 7 episodes of filler from this point forward.
View Quote
Oh it is, A ton of filler until you get to one episode where I thought Daredevil was going to lose his shit and go to the darkside.
10/20/2018 4:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Say what you will about that liberal jerk-off Vincent D'Onofrio, he plays a great villain.

I used to work with a guy who pulled the same BS D'Onofrio pulled at work. He made a list of all the candidates he thought people should vote for (This was Gore vs. Bush in 2000) and handed them out to everyone at work. They were all Democrats and leftists, of course. When he saw me coming, he hid like a puppy with his tail between his legs. He knew not to even attempt to influence me with his leftist crap.

I didn't know how much he really hated me until I met his leftist wife. She could barely contain herself.

He hated me because I was a Conservative.
He hated me because I was a Christian.
But most of all, he hated me because he had a BSCS from fucking UCLA and I had a music degree from Cal State, and I was his superior and made way more money than he did.

It didn't matter that I was a way better software dev than he was. He was an ass kissing shitty coder hired by an ass kissing shitty coder.
10/20/2018 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
daredevil is a pussy, the punisher was right.

Daredevil and Punisher Argument


daredevil really is an idealistic liberal faggot.
10/20/2018 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:
daredevil is a pussy, the punisher was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo

daredevil really is an idealistic liberal faggot.
View Quote
Yup. Punished is the real hero.
10/20/2018 4:45:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Quoted:
Surprised they went with Fisk again as a badguy, I thought he was in jail.
View Quote
The Kingpin is one of Marvel's master level villains. He is the main one for DD and for a long time, Spiderman too.
10/20/2018 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:
daredevil is a pussy, the punisher was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo

daredevil really is an idealistic liberal faggot.
View Quote
Welcome to the dilemma of being a caped crusader.

Also Punisher ain't perfect either. He's killed innocents before.
10/20/2018 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:
Surprised they went with Fisk again as a badguy, I thought he was in jail.
View Quote
The story is based on stories in late 80s comic run of Daredevil where kingpin is the badguy
10/20/2018 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#12]
How is it?

Rageaholic ranted about it a few days ago.

Daredevil going full SJW?
10/20/2018 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
10/20/2018 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
View Quote
The Netflix Marvel shows are a lot like the Marvel movies in that they are fairly compartmentalized so you can watch any of the individual series without needing to watch the others. The only negative is that there will be several characters that cross over between the shows, and without knowing who they are the viewer will lose some of the significance of their appearance or their established backstory. In example (without spoilers) Karen Page appears in Punisher season 1, and without knowing her backstory and relationship to Frank Castle from Daredevil season 1/2 some of the impact of her presence is lost.

As for Daredevil season 3 I'm getting certain vibes about it right now but I'm reserving judgement until I'm further along in the season. I can see them laying the groundwork for certain story tropes but I'm early enough in the season that they still have time to subvert those tropes... and I really hope they do, because if this pans out the way I see it going I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Edit: Wow, I just saw a story that Netflix has cancelled Luke Cage. My guess is that with Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3 in process and DD S3 released now that they will be the last shows made by Netflix in the Marvel universe.
10/20/2018 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Quoted:
Say what you will about that liberal jerk-off Vincent D'Onofrio, he plays a great villain.

I used to work with a guy who pulled the same BS D'Onofrio pulled at work. He made a list of all the candidates he thought people should vote for (This was Gore vs. Bush in 2000) and handed them out to everyone at work. They were all Democrats and leftists, of course. When he saw me coming, he hid like a puppy with his tail between his legs. He knew not to even attempt to influence me with his leftist crap.

I didn't know how much he really hated me until I met his leftist wife. She could barely contain herself.

He hated me because I was a Conservative.
He hated me because I was a Christian.
But most of all, he hated me because he had a BSCS from fucking UCLA and I had a music degree from Cal State, and I was his superior and made way more money than he did.

It didn't matter that I was a way better software dev than he was. He was an ass kissing shitty coder hired by an ass kissing shitty coder.
View Quote
Lol, fuck that guy
10/20/2018 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe in a few days I'll start watching.  Finishing Ozark season 2
10/20/2018 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Geez Luke Cage too? Have to admit it didn't seem to live up to it's potential. Bummer I bet they are pulling the plug on the Marvel series.

Too bad should have made them shorter and with more action
10/20/2018 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
View Quote
Nah you can just watch punisher.
10/20/2018 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
Geez Luke Cage too? Have to admit it didn't seem to live up to it's potential. Bummer I bet they are pulling the plug on the Marvel series.

Too bad should have made them shorter and with more action
View Quote
They pulled the plug on LC?
10/20/2018 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:
Nah you can just watch punisher.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
Nah you can just watch punisher.
Too bad the punisher show sucked. Punisher was great in Daredevil.
10/20/2018 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
They pulled the plug on LC?
View Quote
Yep, Luke Cage is DOA. Link
10/20/2018 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Watching episode one right now. It's obvious that Matt never watched an episode of House, you never use tap water in a netty pot.
10/20/2018 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:

Yep, Luke Cage is DOA. Link
View Quote
That sucks. I like Luke Cage. Didn't consider it a SJW fest like most of the members here. The different cultural tone, for lack of a better term, of the show was interesting to me.
10/20/2018 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Luke Cage had good elements and bad elements. What worked, really worked well... what didn't work was just clunky and completely unnecessary.

I think of all the Marvel Netflix shows Luke Cage had it the worst with the filler. Second only to Jessica Jones, seasons 1 and 2 of Luke Cage were like six grand total episodes worth of content stretched to be twenty six. I mean for fucks sake when you have to shoehorn in Miami Vice-esque band cameos and musical interludes in your episodes you are just burning screen time.
10/20/2018 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#25]
As long as they don't butcher it with too much
SJW crap.
I'll be watching
10/20/2018 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#26]
IMO, Kingpin is who really makes the show. DD is cool and all, but the actor playing Kingpin really brings it to life. Not surprised they brought him back. Tired of ninja armies
10/20/2018 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Season 3 episode 10 was filmed in my small upstate town of Windham NY. The flashback to Karen's past is set in Vermont but filmed in upstate NY. Was cool to have the film crew in town for a week.
10/20/2018 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the dilemma of being a caped crusader.

Also Punisher ain't perfect either. He's killed innocents before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
daredevil is a pussy, the punisher was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo

daredevil really is an idealistic liberal faggot.
Welcome to the dilemma of being a caped crusader.

Also Punisher ain't perfect either. He's killed innocents before.
So has Batma, Superman, and the rest. They let guys like Kingpin and Joker live to kill again.
10/20/2018 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
Too bad the Punisher show sucked. Punisher was great in Daredevil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
Nah you can just watch punisher.
Too bad the Punisher show sucked. Punisher was great in Daredevil.
This.  Maybe they'll go back to the Punisher from DD?
10/20/2018 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:
Geez Luke Cage too? Have to admit it didn't seem to live up to it's potential. Bummer I bet they are pulling the plug on the Marvel series.

Too bad should have made them shorter and with more action
View Quote
I suspect they may return when disney launches its streaming service..
10/20/2018 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
SNIP

Edit: Wow, I just saw a story that Netflix has cancelled Luke Cage. My guess is that with Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3 in process and DD S3 released now that they will be the last shows made by Netflix in the Marvel universe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
SNIP

Edit: Wow, I just saw a story that Netflix has cancelled Luke Cage. My guess is that with Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3 in process and DD S3 released now that they will be the last shows made by Netflix in the Marvel universe.
Damn... I actually liked Luke Cage
10/21/2018 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#32]
My cousin worked on this one. So far so good.....
10/21/2018 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#33]
DD S3 fucking sux balls

Netflix ruined it
10/21/2018 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Started the first episode last night.   I think Wilton Fisk is the best character on the show,  and Donofrio chews up every scene he's in.
10/21/2018 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been sick this weekend and binge watched season 3. Here is my review in one word....

MEH
10/21/2018 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I finished the season last night and thought it was pretty good. I felt this season that DD was making the same emotional driven mistakes that Danny Rand was in the first season of his show which wasn't a great look. Wilson Fisk is an outstanding villain and keeps the show interesting. The second faux DD started throwing objects I knew he was being setup to be the future Bullseye which was confirmed at the end I'm very surprised there was no cameos by any of the other Defenders like when Iron Fist showed up in the last season of Luke Cage.

I like me some Karen Page too:

10/23/2018 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Is anybody else watching this?

I’ve watched the first 6 episodes and think it’s a much better product than Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Click To View Spoiler
10/23/2018 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:

Too bad the punisher show sucked. Punisher was great in Daredevil.
View Quote


The Punisher show was great, wtf.
10/24/2018 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Just finished S03. Liked it! Crazy how they can do such a great job with this but I found S02 of Luke Cage lacking to the point I haven't even finished it yet.

Hoping S02 of Punisher steps up from S01. I thought S01 was good but could have been better. S01 of Jessica Jones was good with Kilgrave as an excellent bad guy but, I found S02 a bit meh. They need to step up on S03.

Quote History
Quoted:
Watching episode one right now. It's obvious that Matt never watched an episode of House, you never use tap water in a netty pot.
View Quote
I thought the exact same thing!
10/24/2018 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:



The Punisher show was great, wtf.
View Quote
no it was really aweful.

compared to the apathetic no holds barred badass in daredevil.

the first half of punisher season 1 was condescending PTSD bullshit.
10/24/2018 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:

I suspect they may return when disney launches its streaming service..
View Quote
I was wondering if there is any chance they will be combined as Heroes for Hire.
10/24/2018 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Daredevil (Netflix) Season 3 Review - The Rageaholic
10/25/2018 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#43]
We finished DDS3 last night, and I have to say that while the show was more or less decent I find myself mostly disappointed in it.

The main takeaways I had from S3 were that they really tried to improve their fight scenes, but they did so at the cost of the characters, plot and pacing. DDS3 suffers from mid season droop like every Marvel show before it... you can watch the first two or three episodes and the last two or three episodes and really miss nothing. They seriously need to find a way to combat the filler epidemic these shows have. The overall story was kind of weak and very predictable from the jump, with pretty much zero twists or turns along the way. They tried to bend a few spoons by throwing in certain tropes but they mostly come off as stale or underwhelming.

I think the biggest misstep this season were the characterizations. Daredevil himself is all over the map and he doesn't feel like the same character from S1/2. I get it that he is supposed to be a beaten man, but when you think about it he really shouldn't be. I also don't understand how he could be such a one man army in previous seasons and now it seems like everyone beats Daredevil in hand to hand. The second character misstep is the constant punching bag that is Karen Page. The whole second half of this season felt like one long, drawn out character assassination of her. I get it that they were out to develop her as the "not so wholesome / innocent" figure, but the way they do so makes the audience dislike Karen, not empathize with her. If Daredevil is a beaten man in S3 then Karen is the beaten woman. And then there is Foggy, or as I like to call him Captain Plot Contrivance. Foggy doesn't exist as a character in S3, he exists only as a plot foil to move the show forward when it gets stuck in neutral... which it does every few episodes. Foggy's character goes nowhere... he starts and stops more or less on the same high horse, with no growth from anything that happens. And then there are the villains... Kingpin is a deus ex machina who exists only to one-up the heroes and chew scenery. He has no character arc, all of his beats are reruns from previous seasons. The secondary villain Bullseye, or as we started calling him him Bullshit, is a character written entirely from tropes. He is not sympathetic in the least, and he is written from the jump to be a hated focus character. Everything he does is expected, every scene he is in seems to linger and drag on longer than it should, and I cannot think of one scene he is in that could not have been given to some other character and not have the show affected. Bullshit is not needed... he is superfluous to the show, and more or less gratuitous. His presence only serves to diminish the menace that Kingpin should have had, and his ability to counter Daredevil at seemingly every encounter feels very, very suspect. I mean, after his what second or third fight with Daredevil your suspension of disbelief begins to wane. Either Daredevil is not the great fighter he seemed to be, or Bullshit entered the Matrix and programmed himself with all the martial arts overnight.

Lastly the show ends on a complete thud. It builds to a crescendo that falls apart in a completely expected way, and then the denouement is basically the showrunner pressing the reset button back to season 1. If this is how Daredevil ends, then it ends with a whimper. If Netflix cancels the show then at least it is left in park out in the driveway, and not skidding down the street hitting parked cars. I understand it is difficult to retain the kinetic energy of shows like this past a second season, and while DDS3 doesn't feel like a complete failure it just doesn't feel sufficiently "big" or important enough. Going from DDS1 to S2 I was stoked to see more. Going from DDS2 to Defenders I was stoked to see more. Going from Defenders to DDS3 I was stoked to see how they were going to resolve Daredevil's situation. Now, post DDS3 I'm more or less "meh" on seeing another season of the show. If there is no season 4 you won't see my crying, and to be honest with how these Netflix Marvel shows have been going lately I think they should be cancelling them... letting them die so they can move on to something new instead of trying to resuscitate these things. My "hype" going into Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3 is more or less flat-lining at this point.

All that said I rate DDS3 a solid "meh". It could have been great, but it settled for average sloping toward stale.
10/25/2018 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#44]
There are only two compelling Marvel characters:  Captain America and Jessica Jones.
10/25/2018 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:

That sucks. I like Luke Cage. Didn't consider it a SJW fest like most of the members here. The different cultural tone, for lack of a better term, of the show was interesting to me.
View Quote
I liked season one.  Season two was uninteresting and I lost interest fast.
10/25/2018 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#46]
That girl cries in every damn scene she is in. I'm getting tired of all overly dramatic bs in all these series. The episode learning about the FBI agents childhood was long and drawn out too. Fast forward most of it.
10/25/2018 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:
Surprised they went with Fisk again as a badguy, I thought he was in jail.
View Quote
D’Onofrio fucking nailed that character. Perfection.

I liked Stick, I wish they had sent deaded him.
10/25/2018 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:
daredevil is a pussy, the punisher was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo

daredevil really is an idealistic liberal faggot.
View Quote
The Punisher puts bad guys in the ground. The rest put them in jail so they can escape.
10/25/2018 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Quoted:
Does one need to watch Daredevil before Punisher, or can you just watch Punisher and not miss any important plot elements?
View Quote
Watch DD season 1&2 then Punisher.
10/25/2018 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:

I suspect they may return when disney launches its streaming service..
View Quote
That is my thought as well. Netflix isn't going to pay to develop another networks content.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page