Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It appears I have my plans for the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got back. It was great. Very funny
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ParityError:
That was awesome. They break the 4th wall to poke fun at Disney and 20th Century Fox several times.

Stay for the post credit scene after all the credits.

There is a lot of Marvel lore stuff in it that went over my head, judging by the audience reactions. There is a brilliantly done Stan Lee homage.

Overall, it is a fun ride, with lots of laughs.
View Quote

There’s also a subtle shout out to Deadpool’s creator as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#4]
Originally Posted By killcormorants:
In: before some conservative Constitutionalist says I don't support Hollywood who supports the destruction of America. Well, guess what you weak faggots, I am that guy and fuck you for supporting Hollywood and having no backbone to resist temptation because you are morally weak minded pussies who can't make a stand against evil!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Dogpool

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn funny movie.    Worth watching it
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Definitely.

It contains every form of swearing you’ve ever imagined. And a few you probably haven’t.

Lots of violence.

A wide gamut of sex references.

Some of which I would not have understood if I didn't read this site.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Coming from someone who thinks 99.9% of major movies and tv shows that have come out in past decade has been complete and total shit… that was pretty damn entertaining.  Funny, no woke message being shoehorned in, and a lot of fun cameos.  

My favorite cameo was definitely…

Click To View Spoiler

If you’re on the fence about it, the fact that the audience RT score is currently 18% higher than the “critics” RT score is definitely a good sign.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Now, having said that…. people are smoking crack if they think this will “save” the MCU.

This had “one off” written all over it.  At best, you might squeeze one more film out it.  That is most certainly not a recipe for longterm stability in a cinematic universe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Coming from someone who thinks 99.9% of major movies and tv shows that have come out in past decade has been complete and total shit… that was pretty damn entertaining.  Funny, no woke message being shoehorned in, and a lot of fun cameos.  

Click To View Spoiler

If you’re on the fence about it, the fact that the audience RT score is currently 18% higher than the “critics” RT score is definitely a good sign.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_0149_jpeg-3277654.JPG
View Quote

Get it right it's Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, for all you "can I take my kids to this?" No, it's likely not appropriate for kids under 14, no matter that they say "fuck" at school 100 times a day.

I have this question in a slightly different contact.  My 18 yo daughter wants to see it. She can go see it on her own, but she wants to go see it with me.
Knowing the previous movies, how awkward is it going to be?  Do DP & W use a public restroom together and make dick helicopters or anything along those lines?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I was so looking forward to this movie. Saw it this afternoon. It's a dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
I was so looking forward to this movie. Saw it this afternoon. It's a dumpster fire.
View Quote
well, that's disappointing
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Lighten up, Francis.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
OK, for all you "can I take my kids to this?" No, it's likely not appropriate for kids under 14, no matter that they say "fuck" at school 100 times a day.

I have this question in a slightly different contact.  My 18 yo daughter wants to see it. She can go see it on her own, but she wants to go see it with me.
Knowing the previous movies, how awkward is it going to be?  Do DP & W use a public restroom together and make dick helicopters or anything along those lines?
View Quote

The sex references are all verbal. There isn’t a sequence like the holiday montage in  the first movie.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

So, we're at 65 that say it's great, one who disagrees.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
In case you were wondering who played…

Click To View Spoiler

It was…

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pantexan] [#19]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:  DP2 kinda sucked. Hopefully the new one is better. I'll wait until it's on Disney or something to watch it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#20]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

I'd say it was OK.  Not nearly as good as the first, but not terrible, it's OK.  In hindsight, I would have waited to watch it on streaming instead of paying theater prices.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#22]
The wife isn't wild about Marvel movies. She did like the 1st Iron Man, and Thor. None of the others really impressed her at all.
She watched a few Deadpool and Wolverine trailers and let me know we were definitely going to see this one. She finally watched the 1st Deadpool and laughed all the way through it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#23]

It was hilarious.
View Quote

It was the worst of the Deadpool trilogy, in my opinion.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#24]
If you are a fan of the X-men comics from the 80s and 90s you will be very happy. I took my 12.5 year old son. Most of the sex jokes were way over his head. The Honda Odyessey scene was epic. Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

It's an R-rated Deadpool movie so "don't take your little ones" should be common sense.
View Quote

And yet 2 folks have just asked if it is OK to take their 6 year old and 14 year old to it.  
I hope you know that "common sense" left the populace some time ago...
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Ready to see it again
I have a feeling that missed quite a few Easter Eggs
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oscardeuce] [#27]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Click To View Spoiler

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_0149_jpeg-3277654.JPG
View Quote

You even Click To View Spoiler brah?

ETA

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm thinking about going to the 10 or 11AM showing, but the damn theater doesn't sell chicken biscuits.

Think they'll catch me if I sneak a hate biscuit in my pocket?

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I’m just glad graphic novels are now graphic.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:
Just saw it.

Definitely.

Some of which I would not have understood if I didn't read this site.
View Quote

Younger me “I want to know everything!”

Post Arf me “Some things I don’t need to know.”
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Someone posted a 10 minute clip of the movie to YT.......yeah; still no desire to go see the movie.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Saw it in IMAX this afternoon. It was awesome. Loved the cameos!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By killcormorants:
In: before some conservative Constitutionalist says I don’t support Hollywood who supports the destruction of America. Well, guess what you weak faggots, I am that guy and fuck you for supporting Hollywood and having no backbone to resist temptation because you are morally weak minded pussies who can’t make a stand against evil!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Edge-To-Life:
Just got back. It was great. Very funny
View Quote
Tons of fighting!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
I was really looking forward to seeing this. But the theatre had gone to all shows are reserved seating. Go online, pick movie and time, pick seat, buy ticket.  

Why can't this old boomer just walk in and pay cash and pick any open seat in the theater?

I guess I'll wait until the blueray comes out and buy it.
View Quote

How long has it been since you have gone to a movie?   Its been years here since they had general admission.   I don't miss it at all.   I can't remember how many times we would show up 30-60 minutes early depending on the movie and when it was released to wait in line and get good tickets.  One of the theaters doesn't have that much room to wait because they take tickets at the very front.   So we are all crowding inside waiting because its like 20 degrees outside.   Eventually an employee tells most of us we have to wait outside.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:30:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slingblade2006] [#36]
Just got back from seeing it with my youngest (18yo).  It was great.  IMAX 3d.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MongoCaver:

And yet 2 folks have just asked if it is OK to take their 6 year old and 14 year old to it.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MongoCaver:
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

It's an R-rated Deadpool movie so "don't take your little ones" should be common sense.

Yep.
Sitting in the last Mad Max movie as some poor 8 or 10 year old kid told his mom that the movie was to scary...she was on a date with her man friend so little Billy had to shut up and watch the torture in IMAX.

We wonder why the kids today are messed up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got back with my 17yo. I thought it was horrible... very disjointed, and the "fight scenes"were actually boring. I say this as a fan of the x men movies and the first deadpool
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
son and I watched it last night.  Theaters were packed.  Half the theater screens were Deadpool.

We liked it!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:
Just got back with my 17yo. I thought it was horrible... very disjointed, and the "fight scenes"were actually boring. I say this as a fan of the x men movies and the first deadpool
View Quote
So you are part of the 3%.

Congrats.

You must be fun at parties.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll watch it once it becomes affordable on streaming.

I haven't set foot in theater in 25+yrs.

Not changing  that for any movie.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Excellent movie!!!!

Don't wait for it to stream unless you have a better sound system than a movie theaters.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AKSig:
So you are part of the 3%.

Congrats.

You must be fun at parties.
View Quote

The parties that I frequent aren't usually two hours of dick jokes and other homoerotic humor.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By YIT:
If you are a fan of the X-men comics from the 80s and 90s you will be very happy. I took my 12.5 year old son. Most of the sex jokes were way over his head. The Honda Odyessey scene was epic. Highly recommend.
View Quote
Yep, lots of good nods to the comics and animated series.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:56:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#45]
Originally Posted By Sleepym4:
Probably dumb question, but is it really inappropriate for kids? My 6 year old son want to watch it.
View Quote

Highly inappropriate for young children.  No way in hell.

Just the telepathic bald chick would have scared the shit out of me as a little kid.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I enjoyed it.  Not a masterpiece or anything, but entertaining, and I had a good time.  Some of the references to other superhero movies and studio comments went over my head.  I knew they were referencing something, but I didn’t know what.  The only other Marvel movies I’ve seen were the first couple of XMen movies from 2000ish and the first two Deadpool movies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedownzero] [#47]
Comic book nerd here. This was in my opinion top 5 MCU movies/shows. It was so well done I will probably go see it again. Fight scenes were great and they really captured the essence/decades of comic source material in them.

The cameos were take it or leave it with exception of one of them, but from a nostalgia aspect they were all well done and good to see. Even if not a comic book fan, but you enjoyed first two, you’ll like this one. You don’t need to get all the references to enjoy it, but if you do it’s even better. Seeing they pulled characters over the last 24 years and tie them into multiverse really wrapped it all up with a now on top.

10/10 would recommend
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Ch 504 on Sirius/XM.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got back. Awesome movie. Tons of nostalgia, cameos, inside jokes, making fun of Disney and fox, making fun of Hugh jackman coming back for money.

Seems like some of the cameos were literally just to help some people pay bills, like pity cameos. Felt sad for the actors.

Great movie. Almost over the top towards the end but just almost. I’ll buy it when it hits Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#50]

There was no luck in DP2. Just mostly garbage and a few minutes that were actually entertaining.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top