Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2022 11:15:08 AM EDT
Steny Hoyer on the Floor of the House espoused the Deep State was a "is a cadre of professionals dedicated to honoring the Constitution"

He was voicing his support for a Bill that would protect Federal Workers from ever being fired by the president by re-classification. So they're set to prevent the swamp from ever being drained.

I strongly support this effort which would protect the nonpartisan nature of our civil service by ensuring that presidents cannot simply fire federal workers by reclassifying them as "schedule employees." That's what the previous president suggested and that's what his supporters are suggesting now, and they're suggesting not only that, but they want to put people in place who will follow their political edicts, legal or not.
View Quote

The Deep State exists, Drop The Bomb.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/09/15/steny_hoyer_the_deep_state_are_a_cadre_of_professionals_dedicated_to_honoring_the_constitution.html

The video at the link is 3 minutes and contains the meat of his speech.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Non-Partisan my ass.

Fuck 'em all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck getting 60 votes in the Senate Mr soon-to-be minority whip.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck that Q-tip
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a direct response to Trump's plan to bring back Section F in Excepted Service so that he can fire tens of thousands of deep state shitheads when he gets back in in 2025.

I figured that would scare the shit out of them. If they are proposing legislation to prevent it, then that tells me that they are calculating that Trump will likely win in 2024 and they need to head him off at the pass.

I wouldn't be so sure about there not being 10 Republican votes in the Senate for it, either. If they give the bill the right name and couch it in terms the same way that they did with the Electoral Count Reform Act, then yeah, they can probably scrape together enough Republicans to get it through.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Would be nicer if we had repubs with spines who would just defund entire departments and make government unions illegal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
How about no?

Does anyone believe that George Washington would complacently stand by at a stagecoach boarding station while some stranger felt up Martha in search of an incendiary device or, gasp, flintlock?  Matches be dangerous bro!

We are not worthy of our founding fathers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
the level of doublespeak out of Hoyer here (and DC in general these days) is just breath taking
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Got to love the ole “we’ll accuse you of what we are actually doing” scheme.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a direct response to Trump's plan to bring back Section F in Excepted Service so that he can fire tens of thousands of deep state shitheads when he gets back in in 2025.

I figured that would scare the shit out of them. If they are proposing legislation to prevent it, then that tells me that they are calculating that Trump will likely win in 2024 and they need to head him off at the pass.

I wouldn't be so sure about there not being 10 Republican votes in the Senate for it, either. If they give the bill the right name and couch it in terms the same way that they did with the Electoral Count Reform Act, then yeah, they can probably scrape together enough Republicans to get it through.
View Quote

It’s a big club, and they all wanna stay in it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It’s a big club, and they all wanna stay in it.
View Quote

This.

Steny Hoyer is a lifetime politician from MD  
who has long since needed to go.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
How about this instead...

You and your family will be excluded from voting, or contributing in any way shape or form to any political party via money, volunteering, anything, the entire time you are employed by the .gov.

This includes all elections, local through federal.

If you, or anyone in your family, break or attempt to circumvent this, its an automatic felony for you with a 100 years minimum in the federal pen.

And while you're serving time, your entire family also permanently loses their voting rights.

Additionally, you will be subjected to partisan audits to see if you are injecting political bias or favoritism in your duties. If evidence of bias / favoritism is found, again the same penalty as before.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.

Steny Hoyer is a lifetime politician from MD  
who has long since needed to go.

View Quote
From Maryland, I wonder where a lot of these "Deep State" "Administrative State" types live. Hum?

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Steny Hoyer on the Floor of the House espoused the Deep State was a "is a cadre of professionals dedicated to honoring the Constitution"

He was voicing his support for a Bill that would protect Federal Workers from ever being fired by the president by re-classification. So they're set to prevent the swamp from ever being drained.

I strongly support this effort which would protect the nonpartisan nature of our civil service by ensuring that presidents cannot simply fire federal workers by reclassifying them as "schedule employees." That's what the previous president suggested and that's what his supporters are suggesting now, and they're suggesting not only that, but they want to put people in place who will follow their political edicts, legal or not.
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHElRnE84_4

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/09/15/steny_hoyer_the_deep_state_are_a_cadre_of_professionals_dedicated_to_honoring_the_constitution.html

The video at the link is 3 minutes and contains the meat of his speech.
View Quote
He wants to make it so a future president can't fire 87,000 leftist IRS agents or a leftist ran DOJ and so on and on and on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]
87% of people that get a paycheck from the US government should be enlisted or commissioned in a DoD branch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
From Maryland, I wonder where a lot of these "Deep State" "Administrative State" types live. Hum?

https://cdn4.vectorstock.com/i/1000x1000/46/03/map-washington-dc-metropolitan-area-vector-27924603.jpg
View Quote

@TNZ71

Yes, I get it.  I'm the pot calling the kettle black.

What can you do when the Capital is next door other
than try to vote the ticks out?

ETA - In Loudoun, we're trying to give Wexton the boot.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember when the Democrats used to laugh at the idea that a Deep State existed. Now we’ve moved to acknowledging it exists and claiming it works for them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
politburo
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good luck getting 60 votes in the Senate Mr soon-to-be minority whip.

View Quote

They got it for gun control. Never underestimate the willingness of those uni-party fucks to stab us in the back
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Firing a large number of staffers from any department was always going to be messy.

I figured you just reassigned them to desks in a warehouse somewhere. No access to existing files. You're new job is to work on decreasing roadside litter or monitoring some useless shit at the local landfills.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Nuke The Swamp
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes because it’s far too easy to fire government employees. That’s the problem.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nuke The Swamp
View Quote

Make DC Fallout 3
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Firing a large number of staffers from any department was always going to be messy.

I figured you just reassigned them to desks in a warehouse somewhere. No access to existing files. You're new job is to work on decreasing roadside litter or monitoring some useless shit at the local landfills.

View Quote
This is what they fear. The first 3 1/2 minutes is a CNN reporter wetting his pants. Then the plan.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top