Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
At least mop the blood up before starting this shit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think their standard cap mag ban was halted by a judge not on 2A grounds but on effectively confiscating property w/o compensation?

Wonder if they'll consider a mag buyback if that doesn't get overturned soon.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Va in '19 after we lose our awesome 1 seat majority in both houses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They will try!
And they'll get it on a state level.
100% right in mine at least
Mine as well.
Va in '19 after we lose our awesome 1 seat majority in both houses.
IL in 2019 with a new Democrat Governor who ran solely on a State AWB platform, and now Democrat supermajorities in Illinois House and Senate.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Um. Democrats held both the House and Senate when the 1994 ban was passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT attitude got us the 1994 AW Ban.
Um. Democrats held both the House and Senate when the 1994 ban was passed.
Um. Do some research.  NOBODY believed it would pass. NOBODY fought against it. A lot of the lawmakers didn't even show up to vote on it. And why would you trust all the RINOs to vote your way if you're going to be dismissive of the danger?

I was there when it was voted in, and I KNOW how people acted and thought. We're in a far mor precarious position today.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm Just a Bill (Schoolhouse Rock!)
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It was at a bar, a gun-free zone in CA law. Clearly that law worked great so lets pass even more.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Gov Brown vetoed two gun bans last session; one long gun a month and an expansion of gun violence restraining orders. Expect Newsom to sign them both.

Bills Vetoed:

Senate Bill 1177, sponsored by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-25), would prohibit a person from making more than one application to purchase and the dealer delivery of any type of firearm within any 30-day period.

Assembly Bill 2888, sponsored by Assembly Member Phillip Ting (D-19), would expand the list of those eligible to file gun violence restraining orders (GVRO) beyond the currently authorized reporters which include immediate family and law enforcement.  The new list is expanded to employers, coworkers and employees of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended in the last 6 months. GVRO’s can remove a person’s right without due process and not because of a criminal conviction or mental adjudication, but based on third party allegations.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck the left...
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think their standard cap mag ban was halted by a judge not on 2A grounds but on effectively confiscating property w/o compensation?

Wonder if they'll consider a mag buyback if that doesn't get overturned soon.
View Quote
if you haven't read the ruling you owe it to yourself. Its a great read. The judge is a gun guy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gov Brown vetoed two gun bans last session; one long gun a month and an expansion of gun violence restraining orders. Expect Newsom to sign them both.

Bills Vetoed:

Senate Bill 1177, sponsored by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-25), would prohibit a person from making more than one application to purchase and the dealer delivery of any type of firearm within any 30-day period.

Assembly Bill 2888, sponsored by Assembly Member Phillip Ting (D-19), would expand the list of those eligible to file gun violence restraining orders (GVRO) beyond the currently authorized reporters which include immediate family and law enforcement.  The new list is expanded to employers, coworkers and employees of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended in the last 6 months. GVRO’s can remove a person’s right without due process and not because of a criminal conviction or mental adjudication, but based on third party allegations.
View Quote
Those are BS........ allow someone to take your right because of an unfounded allegation....... surprised moon beam vetoed them
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It was at a bar, a gun-free zone in CA law.
View Quote
False.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Ain't nothing gonna happen on the national level...

...now, on the other hand locally here in Cali
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It was at a bar, a gun-free zone in CA law. Clearly that law worked great so lets pass even more.
View Quote
Numerous folks commented on another thread today that guns in bars isn't against the law in CA unless the local area's Sheriff deemed it so.  I'm not a CA resident so no dog in fight, that's just what other CA folks are saying.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Numerous folks commented on another thread today that guns in bars isn't against the law in CA unless the local area's Sheriff deemed it so.  I'm not a CA resident so no dog in fight, that's just what other CA folks are saying.
View Quote
The sheriff can't "deem it so" the sheriff can tell you "i'll take away your permit if you get caught carrying in a bar" but he cannot make carrying in a bar a crime by decree.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't worry, California will call for more gun laws.

My guess is licensure coupled with that social media background check crap that NY is mulling over.
And a ban on all semi autos.
And working to overturn the stay on criminalizing possession of 10+rnd magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They will try a universal background check bill if they are smart.

If they are stupid it will be a mag ban or assault weapons ban.
California already has universal background checks as well as a 10 day waiting period. The Fox News report that I read said the gun was obtained legally so the killer had to go thru a background check to get it. More proof that gun control DOES NOT WORK!
Don't worry, California will call for more gun laws.

My guess is licensure coupled with that social media background check crap that NY is mulling over.
And a ban on all semi autos.
And working to overturn the stay on criminalizing possession of 10+rnd magazines.
Your guesses suck...
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So it was already illegal in CA.  What a shit show.

I'm guessing that someone has already brought up that if this happened in a free state that atleast one person would be shooting back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only report of them weapon used was a. 45 cal Glock.  Is that not correct?
What I read was a Glock chambered in .45 with a greater than 10rd magazine.
So it was already illegal in CA.  What a shit show.

I'm guessing that someone has already brought up that if this happened in a free state that atleast one person would be shooting back.
CCW is very possible in Cali in some areas, depending on the local sheriff and/or police chief...
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only question now for rifles is semi + detachable mag first or straight to all semi ban

They may go for semi + detachable mag handguns, too. Fixed mag glocks? Straight pull 1911s?

The californians who just went featureless are f**ked again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a semi-auto ban, which CA will see soon
The only question now for rifles is semi + detachable mag first or straight to all semi ban

They may go for semi + detachable mag handguns, too. Fixed mag glocks? Straight pull 1911s?

The californians who just went featureless are f**ked again.
Compliant configurations were always (presumably) next. All part of their plan, no doubt...

...fuck the left
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

California already has universal background checks as well as a 10 day waiting period. The Fox News report that I read said the gun was obtained legally so the killer had to go thru a background check to get it. More proof that gun control DOES NOT WORK!
View Quote
Expect California to go tits up on gun restrictions...  30-50day waiting periods, outright bans on handguns and semi automatic rifles (yes, M1 Garands would be banned), prohibition of all detachable magazines, bans on night vision and body armor, ect.  Also FOIDs for the remaining FUDD guns, with a 90+ day waiting period.  Oh, and taxes on all firearm and ammo transactions, and limits on how much ammo you can buy in a year.  Yes
You will have to turn in existing noncompliant weapons without compensation.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#19]
So he only broke 67 laws during the shooting. But if it were 68 we'd all be safe and alive!
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Dems scream for gun control as they get control of the HOUSE

R gets biglyer control of Senate.

RBG falls and breaks ribs, a condition that could will likely expedite her leaving this world.

NEW CONSERVATIVE SCOTUS nomination incoming...

Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#21]
If a mouse farts in Indonesia, Californians call for gun control.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#22]
If it pleases you, Mr. King, would it be okay if I keep my bolt action rifle?

A great deal to consider in this tweet. Of course it is not the authority of a famous novelist to decide which guns are okay, anymore than it is anybody else's.

The replies to that tweet are very interesting. "When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#23]
In California it has worked so well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
First question to ask is, "Did the perp break any EXISTING gun laws?" Commiting the crime?

Then why would a new one help?
View Quote
GTFOOH with your logic!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Democrats last week.
"You can't just change the constitution the 14th amendment is sacred!"

Democrats this week.
"We need to change the constitution the 2nd amendment is obsolete!"
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Since most shooting involve minorities and registered Democrats,  the solution is sinple...minorities and Democrats are no longer authorized to own any firearm or accessory.

Done.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dems scream for gun control as they get control of the HOUSE

R gets biglyer control of Senate.

RBG falls and breaks ribs, a condition that could will likely expedite her leaving this world.

NEW CONSERVATIVE SCOTUS nomination incoming...

https://media.giphy.com/media/6o7uRtooCyfVC/giphy.gif
View Quote
Florida Democrat ballot boxes get found
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yawn...   again with the gun control.
View Quote
"yawn" huh?

The next gun ban that's passed will be here for good.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They can ban things all they want.

At some point people will say enough is enough and simply not follow the law and / or become felons.
View Quote
Pretty tough to pass your traditions on to your children when you make them felons by doing so.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FPNI
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#31]
When did they stop pushing?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If it pleases you, Mr. King, would it be okay if I keep my bolt action rifle?
 http://imgur.com/1r9Mflll.png

A great deal to consider in this tweet. Of course it is not the authority of a famous novelist to decide which guns are okay, anymore than it is anybody else's.

The replies to that tweet are very interesting. "When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
View Quote
Thanks Stephen. I meet all of your criteria, and my hunting rifle was designed to hunt commies. It's called the AR-15.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In California it has worked so well.
View Quote
That argument doesn't work. in fact it has the opposite result.

if you say "California has gun control but there is still gun crime" people don't think gun control doesn't work. They think we need more gun control than California.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#34]
No Fucks Given! They can pass whatever laws they want, I will continue to follow the ones I choose to
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pretty tough to pass your traditions on to your children when you make them felons by doing so.
View Quote
Works in the hood.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top