Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Diablo IV (Page 32 of 32)
Page / 32
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Once you have enough CDR on your Fractured Winterglass (0.5 or better) and attack speed churning out orbs, your lightning spear cooldown plunges and you’re basically tagging it once a second. That’s when the build really comes alive and starts melting stuff.

T7 hordes become trivial.  It really is insane.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ParityError:
Once you have enough CDR on your Fractured Winterglass (0.5 or better) and attack speed churning out orbs, your lightning spear cooldown plunges and you’re basically tagging it once a second. That’s when the build really comes alive and starts melting stuff.

View Quote

Still looking for suitable pieces of gear with 2/3 of the stats the build requires and try and reroll for the third. I have all the uniques for the build. I tried a few Zirs today with no luck on a 925 neck. Mine is still the 725 I posted earlier.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Still looking for suitable pieces of gear with 2/3 of the stats the build requires and try and reroll for the third. I have all the uniques for the build. I tried a few Zirs today with no luck on a 925 neck. Mine is still the 725 I posted earlier.
View Quote

Ping me the next time you see me on - I have a spare Winterglass that just dropped.  ilvl 925.  I'm in Eternal, though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 11:30:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#4]
Just need a helm and gloves with 2/3 rolls that I need, along with a 925 fractured. Everything else has the required rolls on them. Will work on tempers later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Ping me the next time you see me on - I have a spare Winterglass that just dropped.  ilvl 925.  I'm in Eternal, though.
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, but I only play in seasonal. By the time this season ends, I'll be getting ready to move to Thailand and don't know when I'll be back on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

View Quote

I scraped up the mats and ran another uber zir,  I'm zero for three now.   I'll give it another try this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PinePig:

I scraped up the mats and ran another uber zir,  I'm zero for three now.   I'll give it another try this afternoon.
View Quote

Just need a set of gloves and higher level neck. Just got a nicer set of Esu's with 27% movement speed. Just call me speed racer now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Got it,  I think it's decent,  rolled the .3 cooldown and max points skill.

Got to see if I have everything else to build a starter version,  at least I have a shako and an excellent tal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Got it,  I think it's decent,  rolled the .3 cooldown and max points skill.

Got to see if I have everything else to build a starter version,  at least I have a shako and an excellent tal.
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
That is a huge difference,  I have a few glyphs that need leveled now and you basically run through ( 95-100s ) firing snow balls and everything is dead before you even get to it.

LOL
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Janus:
View Quote
Impressive.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my second 100 of the season. Did a chain lightning spec and now prefer it to my main barb lol.

Really just wanted it for the seasonal reputation rewards (boss materials and resplendent spark), but my sorc ended up being much more powerful than my main without any boss farming.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Mine is at 0.6 now at rank 11 ( ran out of mats )  Thing kick ass now.   I struggled at T7 before,  not any more.  Dropped uber Durial real easy too.  Thing is way OP.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#15]
If you're playing Lightning Spear, drop Tal Rasha's for an Attack speed / Crit dmg / Crit change ring and temper Lightning spear cooldown and crit damage.  Enchant with Conceited.  Since we're always popping Ice Armor for the mana regen, we've almost always got a barrier, so might as well stand up that nice 25% multiplicative bonus.  Helps your single target damage quite a bit.  

Just strolled through a T8 Horde with this setup, and was quite easy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]
If you're playing Lightning Spear, drop Tal Rasha's for an Attack speed / Crit dmg / Crit change ring and temper Lightning spear cooldown and crit damage.  Enchant with Conceited.  Since we're always popping Ice Armor for the mana regen, we've almost always got a barrier, so might as well stand up that nice 25% multiplicative bonus.  Helps your single target damage quite a bit.  

Just strolled through a T8 Horde with this setup, and was quite easy.
View Quote

I only had a half ass ring with AS and CC but it did help a bit for the bossing part for sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Spent some time farming mats and master working my keeper pieces and swapped out a few less than ideal items.

Thing rocks now,  51% CS chance ( + 32 and 15 ) and 2174 CC damage.  

Also changed my button setup that makes it stupid simple to play.

T8s are a walk in the park now,  man you get a lot of mats from those and gold is no longer an issue.

Might farm goblins today for more uber mats,  a tyrael's  is about the only thing missing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Made another sorcerer this season to go with the rogue.  Had a friend level me up from 7 to 83 in about an hour doing horde runs. Nearly completed the mothers seasonal quest in that same time.  I ended up with a fireball sorc but felt it was underwhelming.  Then I realized at level 100 and 25 levels into the pit that I never did the level 15 quest for the special abilities LOL.  Completed that and it changed the build into a beast.  Well, a beast at clearing dungeons and hordes but terrible at single target.

So, I think I'm going to try a lightning spear build next.  Replace two pieces of gear and I am there.  I want something that can clear a room but is also effective against single targets.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By svt40:
Made another sorcerer this season to go with the rogue.  Had a friend level me up from 7 to 83 in about an hour doing horde runs. Nearly completed the mothers seasonal quest in that same time.  I ended up with a fireball sorc but felt it was underwhelming.  Then I realized at level 100 and 25 levels into the pit that I never did the level 15 quest for the special abilities LOL.  Completed that and it changed the build into a beast.  Well, a beast at clearing dungeons and hordes but terrible at single target.

So, I think I'm going to try a lightning spear build next.  Replace two pieces of gear and I am there.  I want something that can clear a room but is also effective against single targets.
View Quote

It works really well when you get the crit chance and crit damage as maxed as possible.  It just melts ubers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#20]

It works really well when you get the crit chance and crit damage as maxed as possible.  It just melts ubers.
View Quote

Good to know.  My current crit chance is 47% with around 1600% crit dmg.  I'd have to replace my gloves and staff and re-temper my amulet once I change this evening.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Well dang it.  The three pieces I had to replace for the new build is where all my crit dmg lived.  Amulet, staff and gloves. 43%crit and 439%crit dmg now, before new glyphs were upgraded.

But I will say once I got the hang of this build it just flat out destroys.  I did a level 43 NMD to learn the ropes on.  Not sure I even saw a mob till the final boss and that was very short lived as well.  I just ran around picking up loot.  So, I upped it to a 67 NMD.  Pretty much the same thing. Loot all over the floor and a short boss fight.  Ramped up to a 93 NMD and it was the same except I got to watch the mobs die for once.  Did about 5-6 90+ NMD to upgrade the three new glyphs to 15.

A few level 30 pit runs for obducite went so fast it was stupid.  About 3 mins a run.

All I can say is I am digging this build so far and I think I do not even have anything in my specialization slots yet since I forget about them.  I thought fireball was the king of trash clearing but damn, lightning spear beats it hands down!  Now back to farming for new gloves and a staff and hopefully will not brick them during tempering.  

Will try a horde tonight with the new build.  My only issue right now is I need more CDR and better mana management on my part as I run low a LOT.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Big developer chat scheduled for 2 hours from now. Can't wait to see what's in store.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 2:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#23]
New max level is 60. Current 100's will be brought down to level 50, and they'll get an additional ten levels to unlock more skill points.

All monsters will now match player levels. They're getting rid of the endgame +100 monster levels and instead are going to a tiered difficulty system. It's basically Torment from D3 with pit tiers.

Sacred items are gone. Now it's only basic and Ancestral. Ancestral items start dropping at Torment 1. All uniques will have (at a minimum) one Greater Affix.

Paragon glyphs can now rank up to 100 instead of 21 max. You level glyphs in the Pit, not NMD's. Paragon is now account wide, so when you make alts and unlock paragon, you'll be given all your paragon progression points that you unlocked on the other characters to use on your glyphs immediately.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 3:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#24]
You can now select your preferred town portal location.

New inventory tab for sigils and keys.

New inventory tab for gems and other socketable stuff. To add, they're introducing more socketable items like Diablo 2's runes.

Additional stash tab.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 4:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#25]
NMD's no longer give glyph xp and are now used for farming Masterworking materials. The materials will drop from enemies throughout the dungeons too; they don't want to rushing through them like we do currently for just the end rewards.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Those are some big changes coming up.  Should be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Probably aittle late in the season, but I also started last week. I have a ton of mats and have been soloing T7 hordes and so far 120 in the put. I'm a andarial poison rogue build if anyone wants to group up or needs help
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:
Probably aittle late in the season, but I also started last week. I have a ton of mats and have been soloing T7 hordes and so far 120 in the put. I'm a andarial poison rogue build if anyone wants to group up or needs help
View Quote

Try to get into T8. That is where it’s at for mats. Tons of stones drop there for the chest.

If you need an extra for tormented bosses, give me a shout. I can steam roll them pretty fast.  I only need one more mystic and I can finish my god build for sorcerer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Decided to jump into Hardcore for some achievements. I made it to WT3 at level 45 and almost died immediately in a helltide. Gonna have to be more careful when I make the jump to WT4.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Xerith:

Try to get into T8. That is where it’s at for mats. Tons of stones drop there for the chest.

If you need an extra for tormented bosses, give me a shout. I can steam roll them pretty fast.  I only need one more mystic and I can finish my god build for sorcerer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have almost 100 stones, all my gear is MW 12, I can solo tormented bosses easy.  only gear I'm really missing is a tyrial chest.  I do 120 Pits in about 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#31]

I have almost 100 stones, all my gear is MW 12, I can solo tormented bosses easy.  only gear I'm really missing is a tyrial chest.  I do 120 Pits in about 3 minutes.
View Quote

That’s exactly the last piece I need. Now if I brake down the mystics I have, I can make it right now. But one of those mystics is the ring I would need.   Not looking to make another character either
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 6:05:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Janus] [#32]

That's exactly the last piece I need. Now if I brake down the mystics I have, I can make it right now. But one of those mystics is the ring I would need.   Not looking to make another character either
View Quote

Starless is a downgrade over a good Tal Rasha's if that's what you're thinking.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's exactly the last piece I need. Now if I brake down the mystics I have, I can make it right now. But one of those mystics is the ring I would need.   Not looking to make another character either

No. You use both.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Got my tyrael’s. Tormented bosses insta die now. This frozen orb/lighting spear build is insane.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Got my tyrael’s. Tormented bosses insta die now. This frozen orb/lighting spear build is insane.
View Quote

I got mine last night as well. My build was already installed killing Uber duriel, this chest will just let me go deeper into the pit. Got 3 mystics last night. Got a doombringer and a shako from Uber andrial
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Done. My first Hardcore character ever and I got it to 100. Now to just knock out the altars and renown.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Got sidetracked (and bored) doing renown and got all classes to 50 in Hardcore for the achievement.

Had multiple deaths around level 10 lol. Safest play seemed to be hitting up the Blood Maiden just once, then immediately go to town and upgrade all my gear and throw a little build together temporarily. That would get me over the weird hump and safely to level 20.
Page / 32
Next Page Arrow Left
Diablo IV (Page 32 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top