BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of you guys are a bit daft.

Cocaine in small amounts is legal use is in parts of South America. Does that mean we need an in-depth thread of someone visiting Columbia or Peru and showing pics of using the drugs, where to buy it, your dealer's face, and discussing prices?  Since that person is technically legal when posting from that country?

I'm a huge believe in freedom but also understand there is a gray area where you're posting on a public website/forum that has multiple large sponsors. When you start getting into in-depth personal threads about drug use and prostitution, it could present an issue if a sponsor see that and sees that as GD condoning those type of subject matters. It just opens a pandora's box.

Remember, within minutes of a thread going up, any type of keyword search will show up on Google's front page.

There is a HUGE difference between talking about drugs or prostitution on a lawful basis and maybe discussing personal experiences with it in the past.

But again, you understand the difference of talking about your cocaine use in the past in a general sense vs talking about doing it currently/pictures of your bags/where you buy it from/how to buy it/how you know you have good stuff like an actual guide to using, right?

I mean, do you guys not understand this forum is a business or do you simply see it as a free-for-all public space where anything goes?
View Quote
Except the OP of thread went way out of his way to make it clear that there was zero (even legal) prostitution going on
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cocaine in small amounts is legal to use is in parts of South America. Does that mean we need an in-depth thread of someone visiting Columbia or Peru and showing pics of using the drugs, where to buy it, your dealer's face, and discussing prices?  Since that person is technically legal when posting from that country?

I'm a huge believe in freedom but also understand there is a gray area where you're posting on a public website/forum that has multiple large sponsors. When you start getting into in-depth personal threads about certain taboo subjects like drug use and prostitution, it could present an issue if a sponsor see that and sees that as GD condoning those type of subject matters. It just opens a pandora's box.

Remember, within minutes of a thread going up, any type of keyword search will show up on Google's front page.

There is a huge difference between talking about your cocaine use in the past in a general sense vs talking about doing it currently/pictures of your bags/where you buy it from/how to buy it/how you know you have good stuff like an actual guide to using.

I mean, do you guys not understand this forum is a business or do you simply see it as a free-for-all public space where anything goes?

This isn't some boot licking post, this is basic common sense. I think a lot of people understand that but enjoy making a battle about everything.
View Quote
Need more specifics before I book my vacation to south america.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Except the OP of thread went way out of his way to make it clear that there was zero (even legal) prostitution going on
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocaine in small amounts is legal use is in parts of South America. Does that mean we need an in-depth thread of someone visiting Columbia or Peru and showing pics of using the drugs, where to buy it, your dealer's face, and discussing prices?  Since that person is technically legal when posting from that country?

I'm a huge believe in freedom but also understand there is a gray area where you're posting on a public website/forum that has multiple large sponsors. When you start getting into in-depth personal threads about drug use and prostitution, it could present an issue if a sponsor see that and sees that as GD condoning those type of subject matters. It just opens a pandora's box.

There is a HUGE difference between talking about drugs or prostitution on a lawful basis and maybe discussing personal experiences with it in the past.

But again, you understand the difference of talking about your cocaine use in the past in a general sense vs talking about doing it currently/pictures of your bags/where you buy it from/how to buy it/how you know you have good stuff like an actual guide to using, right?

So why does almost every post about the thread keep bringing up prostitution?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don’t understand why 103 got locked for raising questions. Maybe 103 had a history or some warnings or something. Seems a little extreme to me.
View Quote
I got a 30 day timeout for asking a question.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who’s being daft now?

That was the reason given by the staff in question.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I was surprised the barely clothed pics lasted as long as they did.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocaine in small amounts is legal to use is in parts of South America. Does that mean we need an in-depth thread of someone visiting Columbia or Peru and showing pics of using the drugs, where to buy it, your dealer's face, and discussing prices?  Since that person is technically legal when posting from that country?

I'm a huge believe in freedom but also understand there is a gray area where you're posting on a public website/forum that has multiple large sponsors. When you start getting into in-depth personal threads about certain taboo subjects like drug use and prostitution, it could present an issue if a sponsor see that and sees that as GD condoning those type of subject matters. It just opens a pandora's box.

There is a huge difference between talking about your cocaine use in the past in a general sense vs talking about doing it currently/pictures of your bags/where you buy it from/how to buy it/how you know you have good stuff like an actual guide to using.

This isn't some boot licking post, this is basic common sense. I think a lot of people understand that but enjoy making a battle about everything.
I forgot which country but I remember one having big barrels of coca leaves as you exit the airport. People just grab the leaves by the handful to chew on as a stimulant.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I forgot which country but I remember one having big barrels of coca leaves as you exit the airport. People just grab the leaves by the handful to chew on as a stimulant.
View Quote
Bolivia?  Understand they chew it to help combat issues with high altitude.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
IBT Wasting Site Resources™ L
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Honk Honk

Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#11]
That Columbia thread was pretty dang cool. Damn shame.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol, the only illegal thing about prostitution anywhere is you cant call it prostitution.
View Quote
I go with George Carlin on this one.

selling is legal,   fucking is legal.  why isn't selling fucking legal?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
This is not the site it once was.
Maybe time to move elsewhere?
Hope not!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
put a disclaimer on GD,  the views and comments here do not speak for anyone else or some other wording.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#15]
1984 Ministry of Truth (Minitrue) [Original Music by Ben de Vries]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

put a disclaimer on GD,  the views and comments here do not speak for anyone else or some other wording.
View Quote
Won’t work.  Can’t work.

And some of you here are so daft...easy Tinder dates for westerners!  Younger women like older guys!  And you thought that would end WELL?  And think it ending in a nuke both is a sign this place is going downhill and our freedoms are at stake?  Seriously, introspect for a minute.  That thing was a creep show from the outset.  I get that GD can be weird...but seriously.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Won’t work.  Can’t work.

And some of you here are so daft...easy Tinder dates for westerners!  Younger women like older guys!  And you thought that would end WELL?  And think it ending in a nuke both is a sign this place is going downhill and our freedoms are at stake?  Seriously, introspect for a minute.  That thing was a creep show from the outset.  I get that GD can be weird...but seriously.  Ugh.
View Quote
Your comment here and the play on the word Puritan in your username are interesting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Won’t work.  Can’t work.

View Quote
Well you picked a very appropriate username that's for sure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Can’t have any fun here anymore
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Won’t work.  Can’t work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won’t work.  Can’t work.

L O L.

Do you think dancing is a sin too?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.

Technology is not moral.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This place really is starting to fucking blow.
View Quote
It is. I've been here a long time and I'm getting tired of the heavy handed moderation that is happening now.  No one was promoting prostitution seriously. It was a joke with the OP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That oppressive “forced to wear a shirt” prostitution....

If I advocate and support civil disobedience of California gun laws, Do I catch a ban?
View Quote
speaking from experience, at the very least a warning.

Bans are reserved for saying "okay boomer" to someone who says all skaters should die and you must have shit for brains if you don't agree.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gone. Promoting prostitution.

Having seen the girls first hand (lived in Mex for 3 total years of my life), it reminded me of people I knew that I had forgotten about.
View Quote
Doesn't prostitution require.... shit, what's the word....

Body fluids?  Sex, sex acts, etc?

At best the girl was modeling.  Assuming things up through page 10 were true.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#25]
He should have asked the Queen first?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Evidently hookers and blow arent really appreciated around here. Fuckin figures.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't usually respond to GD BS, but I have to say that this thread nuke was totally bogus. The Medellin thread was totally within the CoC. WTF?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#28]
C'mon... what the fuck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't usually respond to GD BS, but I have to say that this thread nuke was totally bogus. The Medellin thread was totally within the CoC. WTF?
View Quote
Best part ?

In the big VA lobby day thread DK was right there on the line with everyone else cutely discussing civil disobedience which usually gets a warning at least .

But since that was in his backyard ......
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
But it’s cool for certain people to flat out say they will enforce unconstitutional laws.
Good stuff.
View Quote
No idea why this website caters to 1% of it's membership.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#31]
It needs to be behind a pay wall for gun grabbers not to see.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#32]
thank god an unpaid mod is out there protecting our purity from such a bad dirty-birdy world
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IBTL.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It needs to be behind a pay wall for gun grabbers not to see.
View Quote
Plenty of gun grabbers behind the pay wall...$24 ain't much to the DNC to monitor the goings on of right wing gun nuts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Paywall? Spare me. No matter what is said it gets out there paywall or not. The mods are part of the problem. What we need is trump like honesty to speak. Instead we’re unilaterally disarming ourselves and pretending that’s it’s due to “rules” of some sort.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#36]
too little moderation kills a forum and too much moderation kills a forum. Good example is f150online.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#37]
DK is a really great mod, but he shouldn't have locked that one down imho.

It wasn't about prostitution, even though he was weeding out those from the profiles.  It was just a tinder dating thread in Colombia.

I know what I'm doing if I ever get to Columbia
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#38]
One of the best threads I've seen on here in a long while.  Reminds me of when this place used to be more fun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Apparently so
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It wasn't about prostitution, even though he was weeding out those from the profiles.  It was just a tinder dating thread in Colombia.

View Quote
Right. Dk is cool, JBT, they all are just having a bad day. It’s just a coincidence. BS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I always thought DK was one of the good ones.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow. Made it to page 2.

Mods are sleeping.

No T&A, pedo provocation or bad analogies about legal magazines tonight.

Everybody is self censoring so as not to suffer at the hands of the Politburo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Apparently GD now has an image to uphold since it can be searched on Google. This place is hamstrung by the PC police.  I wish it was 2004 GD.

I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Things are really starting to feel Orweillian around here. He also locked the other thread "Wow! The Columbia thread was locked". So IBTL on this one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Things are really starting to feel Orweillian around here. He also locked the other thread "Wow! The Columbia thread was locked". So IBTL on this one.
View Quote
Don’t worry you’re in the hands of a professor. All is well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#47]
#freeMedellin
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Won’t work.  Can’t work.

View Quote
...are you a woman by chance?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#49]
IBTL again.

Both locks were BS and this one will be too. Sad.

A site that advocates the absolute right of the Second Amendment , throttles the First Amendment.
So if I follow the lock for COC 4 discussing and advocating some thing illegal is a COC 4 violation.
Yet, we can discuss and advocate not adhering to certain unconstitutional gun laws?
Mag bans? Bumpstocks? Etc?

I’m just trying to educate myself since I think the reasoning for the locks was weak.

I betting this one will be too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Couldn't just give warnings about the alleged CoC violations?

Couldn't edit the offensive BOtD-esque pictures with, again, a warning?

No, just nuke the whole thread.  Typical moderator hypocrisy.  Nothing new to see here.  Move along.  Pick up that can, citizen.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top