Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man Arrested in Centralia After Leading WSP on Pursuit From Thurston County

By The Chronicle Nov 26, 2018
An Auburn man was arrested in Centralia on a felony eluding charge after allegedly leading authorities on a vehicle chase starting somewhere in Thurston County and ending on foot in Centralia.

A Washington State Patrol spokesperson didn't immediately respond to a request for comment regarding what prompted the chase.

In Centralia, police were notified at around 2:30 a.m. Saturday of a pursuit heading southbound on Interstate 5. Officers deployed spike strips on the southbound Exit 82 ramp, in case the vehicle's driver, later identified as Javier Caldera, 25, tried to head into Centralia  which is allegedly what happened, said Centralia Police Department Sgt. Dave Clary.

The vehicle drove over the strips, and blew at least one tire, said Clary, and ended up crashing into a nearby fence on Harrison Avenue. Caldera allegedly left the vehicle and ran away. Officers looked around the area for a couple hours without finding Caldera.

Clary said officers went to businesses in the area and described the suspect to staff members. One eventually spotted Caldera on foot in the area and contacted police. Officers responded and arrested him without further incident.

He was turned over to WSP.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What the hell is it with Mexican/Hispanics and DUI crashes? I don't get it. Maybe it's confirmation bias but it seems like nearly every time you read about DUI crashes it's a Hispanic name. Some shitbag just killed three teenagers in Salem, OR a couple days ago, you guessed it, Hispanic and multiple prior DUI offenses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the linked article:

"The driver of the Silverado, 25-year-old Javier Caldera, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, the Highway Patrol said in a statement. The resident of Auburn, Washington, was uninjured in the crash."
What the hell is it with Mexican/Hispanics and DUI crashes? I don't get it. Maybe it's confirmation bias but it seems like nearly every time you read about DUI crashes it's a Hispanic name. Some shitbag just killed three teenagers in Salem, OR a couple days ago, you guessed it, Hispanic and multiple prior DUI offenses.
In New Mexico of all places, it was Gordon House, a Navajo, who got their DUI laws toughened up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

An Auburn man was arrested in Centralia on a felony eluding charge after allegedly leading authorities on a vehicle chase starting somewhere in Thurston County and ending on foot in Centralia.

A Washington State Patrol spokesperson didn't immediately respond to a request for comment regarding what prompted the chase.

In Centralia, police were notified at around 2:30 a.m. Saturday of a pursuit heading southbound on Interstate 5. Officers deployed spike strips on the southbound Exit 82 ramp, in case the vehicle's driver, later identified as Javier Caldera, 25, tried to head into Centralia  which is allegedly what happened, said Centralia Police Department Sgt. Dave Clary.

The vehicle drove over the strips, and blew at least one tire, said Clary, and ended up crashing into a nearby fence on Harrison Avenue. Caldera allegedly left the vehicle and ran away. Officers looked around the area for a couple hours without finding Caldera.

Clary said officers went to businesses in the area and described the suspect to staff members. One eventually spotted Caldera on foot in the area and contacted police. Officers responded and arrested him without further incident.

View Quote
Wow.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Although I agree with you that people should read the article... it helps to get your facts right when you I call someone out. From the ABC 7 article linked previously:

“The driver of the Silverado, 25-year-old Javier Caldera, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, the Highway Patrol said in a statement.”

High on drugs... not drunk.
View Quote
Potato/potato. DUI either way. Drunk on alcohol ...... or dope.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mexican cops don’t really arrest that many people for DUI. No such thing as honest and professional traffic enforcement either. It has an effect on society where Mexicans just aren’t that afraid or deterred to drive under the influence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mexican cops don’t really arrest that many people for DUI. No such thing as honest and professional traffic enforcement either. It has an effect on society where Mexicans just aren’t that afraid or deterred to drive under the influence.
There's that machismo thing, too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I was supposed to work in Temecula this morning. Glad they let me work remote today, instead. I would have been there right around the time that happened.

ETA: I was supposed to be at Temecula Valley Hospital. I wonder if that’s where they took the victims.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The pictures shown in the news articles make me wonder how only one person died. Damn that wasn't good to watch.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck him.   Drag his ass out and beat him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Immigration status?
View Quote
Does not matter in Ca.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's that machismo thing, too.
View Quote
Which is funny because many of them are pretty tiny men.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If that was November, what’s he doing out now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that was November, what’s he doing out now?
Trying to figure out how to sneak back across the border?
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fucking rubber neckers in the opposite lanes

What’s the back story on this besides the guy who looked to be doing 90+ ??

FUCK DRUNK DRIVERS
View Quote
To be fair, a body landed right next to the oncoming traffic. I'm glad they slowed down for those folks attending to the dead/injured.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Does not matter in Ca.
View Quote
I think the commies blocked LE from being able to release any type of status....or even check it.

Would be a great time for the victims family to go after the state of California if they had let this guy go from him running from cops in November....especially if illegal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You guys not reading?

Drunk
View Quote
What us "irony", Alex?
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Rear camera footage.

Rear Camera 4 June 2019 approx 1:00 min mark into video
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You guys not reading?

Drunk
View Quote
Not that it matters one way or another, but....

The driver of the Silverado, 25-year-old Javier Caldera, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs,
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

To be fair, a body landed right next to the oncoming traffic. I'm glad they slowed down for those folks attending to the dead/injured.
View Quote
If you watch the video, just before the dash camera stops, you see that guy walking over to the northbound lane and fall over.

ETA: I'd place a bet that it was the DUI guy trying to run.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK DRUNK DRIVERS
That was the shitbag driver trying to flee
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Swerving recklessly through traffic at 100+mph would be better if he'd been sober?

I'm just trying to follow to logic here.
View Quote
...aaaaand here come the mouth-breathers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, if you look closely at the video around 2:43 you'll see Javier,  walking across the median from his truck and falling down.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#22]
he had to have been doing at least 110
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Not surprising though. These guys have done it before and will do it again. It’s victimless after all.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That was the shitbag driver trying to flee
View Quote
Ah, ok. I skipped around. Did not see that.

ETA: My point still stands. Slow down for unconscious people and first responders on the side of the road. That's not rubber necking.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Washington cut this POS loose so he could kill someone?
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Rear camera footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3GCJHJoB0c
View Quote
At 0:57, you can see the truck passing in the inner break-down lane.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Sad for the woman killed. Probably never saw it coming.

On impact it looked like a body flew up in the air.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh man.

I was traveling from Palm Springs to Vista/Carlsbad today.

Ended up taking a different route than the usual 215 to 15 because of the traffic in Temecula.

It was still backed up for 5-6 miles even at 10:45 am.

Very sad.

_
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FWIW, Chevy trucks are speed limited from the factory, and won't do over 100 without an aftermarket tuner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That guy was over 100. Cruising speed in the left lane is a 80mph on that stretch.
FWIW, Chevy trucks are speed limited from the factory, and won't do over 100 without an aftermarket tuner.
You could see the cars in front had their brakes on possibly coming to a stop up ahead.

Chevy's top out at 100 mph unless you flash the ecu.

So, let's say 100 to 10 mph. Pretty horrific either way.

One more reason to be in an SUV or truck instead of a car. It's just physics at that point.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What us "irony", Alex?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys not reading?

Drunk
What us "irony", Alex?
“Us” lol. We’ve gone irony within Irony with irony!  Irony inception.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#31]
holy shit

Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Rear camera footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3GCJHJoB0c
View Quote
Cops were there almost immediately. I wonder if they were chasing the guy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The driver of the Silverado, 25-year-old Javier Caldera, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys not reading?

Drunk

I wonder if he actually owns the truck or if it's registered to someone else.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Damm
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys not reading?

Drunk
What us "irony", Alex?
Busted! **is.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#37]

When I clicked on the link, I got a Bud Light Ad on the story about the DUI.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Run that fucker through a meat grinder feet first. Slowly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Guy had to be traveling over 110MPH! That stretch of the 15fwy is 70mph speed limit, the cruising speed is 80mph.

Did anyone notice the motorcycle coming up fast in te rear view camera? I wonder if he was chasing or had anything to do with the truck driver?
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guy had to be traveling over 110MPH! That stretch of the 15fwy is 70mph speed limit, the cruising speed is 80mph.

Did anyone notice the motorcycle coming up fast in te rear view camera? I wonder if he was chasing or had anything to do with the truck driver?
View Quote
The truck had been driving recklessly prior to the incident. You can pick him out on the rear view video around :55 driving on the inside apron passing other traffic.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#45]
That is really fucking sad. I hope they fry his ass.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#46]
The driver of that truck should have been beaten with a tire iron.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You could see the cars in front had their brakes on possibly coming to a stop up ahead.

Chevy's top out at 100 mph unless you flash the ecu.

So, let's say 100 to 10 mph. Pretty horrific either way.

One more reason to be in an SUV or truck instead of a car. It's just physics at that point.
View Quote
This comment was posted on the video:

Mikeatthemic
4 hours ago
I was in a Mitsubishi Outlander way behind you. I was on my way to work and that truck cut me off way back there and when I saw the debris I knew immediately the truck was responsible. He had to have been going near 130 mph because I was doing 70-80 and he whipped past me like a bullet
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is kind of like Austin, TX where the city council just voted to not arrest homeless for petty crimes. They will see a dramatic drop in crime rates.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In New Mexico of all places, it was Gordon House, a Navajo, who got their DUI laws toughened up.
View Quote
I always thought DUI in New Mexico was a part of the driver’s license test.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don’t think any vehicle is gonna fair much better than what you saw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to know what kind of car that was so I never buy one of those.

Brick
I don’t think any vehicle is gonna fair much better than what you saw.
Not true.  Vehicle choice matters substantially in vehicle accidents.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top