BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
What changed Luthen’s mind about having Cassian killed to tie up loose ends?
View Quote

Probably his resourcefulness. Went through a lot of hell and came through it in stellar fashion, and what Cassian said to him at the very end was telling.

Luthen knows he has a completely focused and faithful agent of the Rebellion right now, who hates the Empire and is - thanks to Maarva - devoted to the revolution.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:53:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#2]
Originally Posted By toadmeister:

I see now, Luthien is wearing robes too.   That’s pretty damming evidence….
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naporter:

One thing of note about Luthen in this episode was his attire. It's very reminiscent of the Jedi, and he did seem to be a bit distressed by the level of chaos and suffering that ensued after Maarva's speech.

Even if he's not a force user of some variety (I truly hope that's not the case, Jedi aren't needed here), having to be face to face with the pain and suffering he wanted and thought necessary to inspire rebellion seems to have affected him, as if he had a brief moment of sorrow about causing so much pain.

I see now, Luthien is wearing robes too.   That’s pretty damming evidence….

That dark hooded robe is a hallmark of Jedi in a state of internal conflict.

Taken alone, it's meaningless, but with the many other facets of Luthen's character, it's starting to paint that picture.  There's still the matter of that lightsaber looking item he had.

Speaking of, it reminds me of the one the Wookie made during "The Gathering" TCW episode.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
What changed Luthen's mind about having Cassian killed to tie up loose ends?
View Quote

Andor only became a loose end when he wouldn't join the Rebellion.  Once he changes his mind and wanted in, he was no longer a loose end.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JLH3:

Andor only became a loose end when he wouldn't join the Rebellion.  Once he changes his mind and wanted in, he was no longer a loose end.
View Quote

This. When he was freelancing he was a threat due to his knowledge about Luthen and the risk of him being arrested and interrogated by the empire. As a member of the rebellion, he is an asset.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

IMO, Luthen being a Jedi does make sense.  He would be hiding since this is post Order 66. The Jedi worked with the Senate. The Jedi inherently know right from wrong (mostly) and try and do good for the underdog.  The Empire is run by a Sith Lord, the enemy of the Jedi. I think it would work.  The fact that it is kept under wraps is what helps it in this case.  Just my 2 cents.
View Quote

What they should do is never reveal it.

Just like he is being secretive with his peers the writers should be with us.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Andor’s actions.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]

I’d love to see her escape in live-action if it introduces the Ghost Crew.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancat:
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
IIRC the Senate was dissolved in episode 4 right After Princess Leia was captured.

Yes but if you noticed in the last few episodes... She's not going to make it that long in the Senate

This was also covered in Rebels. Long before Yavin, she was on the run from the Empire and received aid from the Ghost crew.

The cause of her flight was well shown, she publicly spoke out against the Empire.  We'll see that in person soon enough in S2 I'm sure, instead of just the brief hologram we saw in Rebels.

I’d love to see her escape in live-action if it introduces the Ghost Crew.

Live action introduction of the ghost crew would make me very happy if they do it right. But I hope they don’t mess up rebels. Rebels is one of my favorite Star Wars things.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

This. He had been trying to recruit him from the beginning, clearly felt like he'd miscalculated. He was visibly relieved at the end that he hadn't misjudged him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Probably his resourcefulness. Went through a lot of hell and came through it in stellar fashion, and what Cassian said to him at the very end was telling.

Luthen knows he has a completely focused and faithful agent of the Rebellion right now, who hates the Empire and is - thanks to Maarva - devoted to the revolution.
View Quote
He was only a threat when he was an outsider.  Centa and Mothma's Niece all know about the heist as well.  Also, given that his mother sparked a rebellion, killing her son would be a huge political mistake.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]

This was also covered in Rebels. Long before Yavin, she was on the run from the Empire and received aid from the Ghost crew.

The cause of her flight was well shown, she publicly spoke out against the Empire.  We'll see that in person soon enough in S2 I'm sure, instead of just the brief hologram we saw in Rebels.
View All Quotes
IIRC the Senate was dissolved in episode 4 right After Princess Leia was captured.

Yes but if you noticed in the last few episodes... She's not going to make it that long in the Senate

Specifically, it's covered in Season 3, episode 18, Secret Cargo.  After Ferrix, lots of other planets start to protest.  The Empire starts getting more and more aggressive putting these protests down, which culminates in a massacre on a planet called Ghorman.  She speaks out in the Senate about it and transmits that speech and the Empire brands her a traitor.  She resigns from the Senate and flees with the help of Gold Squadron and Phoenix Cell.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

Live action introduction of the ghost crew would make me very happy if they do it right. But I hope they don't mess up rebels. Rebels is one of my favorite Star Wars things.
View All Quotes

I'd love to see her escape in live-action if it introduces the Ghost Crew.

Live action introduction of the ghost crew would make me very happy if they do it right. But I hope they don't mess up rebels. Rebels is one of my favorite Star Wars things.

I really hope they don't.  I agree, Rebels was great.  I was really disappointed with the live action Grand Inquisitor in Obi Wan, not just the look but the acting was noting like the character in Rebels.  Zeb would be really hard to get right and I'd rather not see them do it poorly.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

This. He had been trying to recruit him from the beginning, clearly felt like he'd miscalculated. He was visibly relieved at the end that he hadn't misjudged him.
View All Quotes

Probably understood the kinda asset he had for the rebellion as well.  Rescued his lady friend and found his ship in the middle of that situation where everyone was looking for him
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Cassian is asking to be taken on, to join up.  Before, he just wanted to work a job for $$$.

Now, his heart is in it, he is driven, and has his adopted mother as motivation, as well as Bixx
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if Mon Mothma's "stop gambling" speech was staged, i.e. he's really not gambling.  She knows her driver is listening, and it would explain the missing 400,000 credits.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

Cassian is asking to be taken on, to join up.  Before, he just wanted to work a job for $$$.

Now, his heart is in it, he is driven, and has his adopted mother as motivation, as well as Bixx
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

Cassian said kill me or take me in.  Which is what Luthen wanted all along as he exposed himself to save Cassian before the heist
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
I wonder if Mon Mothma's "stop gambling" speech was staged, i.e. he's really not gambling.  She knows her driver is listening, and it would explain the missing 400,000 credits.
View Quote

I think she's always known he was listening, definitely think it's to cover her ass and new banking help at the end to ensure she can continue on without as much scrutiny
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Probably understood the kinda asset he had for the rebellion as well.  Rescued his lady friend and found his ship in the middle of that situation where everyone was looking for him
View All Quotes

I was actually going to rewatch it later to see what I missed... did they show how Cassian found his way to the ship?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#18]
View Quote

Well duh it was staged. She's known she was under surveillance and even mentioned it a few times.

Perrin wasn't in on it though. She seems to keep him at arm's length, and him being caught completely off guard and vehemently denying it sells the story better than if he had to fake argue the point.

Honestly, it was the first time I felt any sympathy for him. Being brow beat over something he didn't even do.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#19]

I was actually going to rewatch it later to see what I missed... did they show how Cassian found his way to the ship?
View All Quotes

I rewarched it but still didn't figure that out.  He had to have a speeder or a ride, but also got himself onto ship and had computer not listening to Luthen as his commands went unheaded
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Well duh it was staged. She's known she was under surveillance and even mentioned it a few times.

Perrin wasn't in on it though. She seems to keep him at arm's length, and him being caught completely off guard and vehemently denying it sells the story better than if he had to fake argue the point.

Honestly, it was the first time I felt any sympathy for him. Being brow beat over something he didn't even do.
View All Quotes

He's living up the good life, honestly don't blame him for doing it either.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ArmyAirborne:

I really hope they don't.  I agree, Rebels was great.  I was really disappointed with the live action Grand Inquisitor in Obi Wan, not just the look but the acting was noting like the character in Rebels.  Zeb would be really hard to get right and I'd rather not see them do it poorly.
View All Quotes

I'd love to see her escape in live-action if it introduces the Ghost Crew.

Agree. The full crew can stay in the cartoons, and also agree Zeb would be exceptionally difficult to get correct for live action, especially with their preference for practical effects over CGI

I could see Sabine being pulled into Mando at some point since she's part of the Darksaber arc, but tying in that many characters would be wholly unnecessary. We'll likely see her flight from Coruscant without much mention of what happened with the refueling stop.

If they want to do a nod to that, they could have The Ghost drop her off on Yavin without showing the crew. It did appear briefly in the background during Rogue 1.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Been there.  Lol
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#23]

I rewarched it but still didn't figure that out.  He had to have a speeder or a ride, but also got himself onto ship and had computer not listening to Luthen as his commands went unheaded
View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

And they never showed that red droid again after it got knocked over. He can't be out of the picture. Curious now if there's a connection.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Oh shit... good catch.

And they never showed that red droid again after it got knocked over. He can't be out of the picture. Curious now if there's a connection.
View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

I noticed the red Droid seemed to survive, can't imagine it's not wanting to help Cassian in some way at some point
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Oh shit... good catch.

View Quote

Wasn't the red droid "Bee?" on the ship with the others when he dropped Bixx off?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Wasn't the red droid "Bee?" on the ship with the others when he dropped Bixx off?
View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

Damnit, now I'll definitely have to watch again.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#27]

I noticed the red Droid seemed to survive, can't imagine it's not wanting to help Cassian in some way at some point
View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

B2EMO was on the ship with Bix and Brasso.

It was a theory mentioned several times here that his personality would be uploaded into an imperial droid and become K2-SO.  It's hard to ignore the similarity in their names.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]

B2-MO was on the ship with Bix and Brasso.

It was a theory mentioned several times here that his personality would be uploaded into an imperial droid and become K2-SO.  It's hard to ignore the similarity in their names.
View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

Hope they don't do another Solo weirdo droid
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

The theory of him becoming K2 makes a ton of sense.  B2 has difficulty lying (similar to K2's habit of saying whatever he thinks) and would explain K2's level of devotion to Cassian considering the relatively short time between now and the events of Rogue 1.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#30]

The theory of him becoming K2 makes a ton of sense.  B2 has difficulty lying (similar to K2's habit of saying whatever he thinks) and would explain K2's level of devotion to Cassian considering the relatively short time between now and the events of Rogue 1.
View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

It definitely makes sense, guess season 2 in 2024 or 2025 whenever it shows will show us how that happens.  The k2s seem useful as droids go
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I must have dozed off when Cassian got sent to the pokey so I had no idea how that happened, I tend to watch them late at night to avoid interruptions. My oldest will be coming home for the holidays on the 10th, and he's not seen any of them yet, so we'll binge watch the series together.

Best SW since Rogue 1, much better than the prequels and KK-led garbage. SOLO and Rise of Skywalker are the ONLY SW movies I didn't see in the theater on opening day (or in a theater) besides the very first one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#33]

One thing of note about Luthen in this episode was his attire. It's very reminiscent of the Jedi, and he did seem to be a bit distressed by the level of chaos and suffering that ensued after Maarva's speech.

Even if he's not a force user of some variety (I truly hope that's not the case, Jedi aren't needed here), having to be face to face with the pain and suffering he wanted and thought necessary to inspire rebellion seems to have affected him, as if he had a brief moment of sorrow about causing so much pain.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RandyBroshankle:
Were essentially watching the Star Wars version of the American Revolution, sans any Ewoks or Jar-Jar.

What’s not to like?   This show is an ARFcom wet-dream.

And there we have it.

If you cannot appreciate the direct comparisons at this point then all hope is lost.

Reminds me of pre Covid and Virginia rally.

Aside, the soundtrack is fantastic, the scene on the beach with Cassian looking down in shock, and the last episode where Luthen just looks down upon the city in deep thought are fantastic.

Alternatively, if he is a Jedi, imaging standing there and watching people get slaughtered and you cant do anything to stop it, because if you do, Ferrix with suffer even further under the boot of the Empire while they tear the place apart looking for a Jedi.

Which is more poignant, after the monologue?  Not a Jedi Luthen being faced with the pain and suffering or Jedi Luthen being faced with the pain and suffering, potentially being able to stop it, but having to walk away while people die because the outcome would be worse if he did stop it?

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#34]

View All Quotes

Oh shit... good catch.

There was a quick scene with one of the characters (the guy who was getting the ship fueled and running) pulling B with a rope away from the melee.

Then a scene on the ship with Cassian telling him (B) to take care of Bix.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

When Luthen was riding his speeder back to the ship he was following the same route they did when they escaped Ferrix together.

I assumed he parked it in the same place. Careless, really. Or maybe it was just the only safe place to park.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

When Luthen was riding his speeder back to the ship he was following the same route they did when they escaped Ferrix together.

I assumed he parked it in the same place. Careless, really. Or maybe it was just the only safe place to park.
View Quote

Or maybe on purpose. Maybe he figured that after everything hit the fan that Cassian might be looking for a way off and he parked in a place that maybe he would come back to.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Some of you guys are scary good in that "attention to detail" category.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Many rewatch episodes. Already knowing the major plot events frees one up to notice more minute details.

For example, on the first viewing of Tales of the Jedi I was focused on Ahsoka in the training one. On rewatch I noticed a brief appearance by Kanaan Jarrus there as a young Padawan spectating.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Really?

She staged the entire thing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Really?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Really?

This. That wasn't supposed to be subtle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

It’s on the ship with Bix. He even saw Cassian coming with Bix and was excited.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#42]
That soundtrack on the “Miami” planet was just outstanding!

I hope they keep the show runners and everyone creative in place for upcoming seasons because they really need to preserve the “feel” of this show.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

I didn't see anything superhuman. The ship had a bunch of high-tech countermeasures and hidden weapons that the imperial ship wasn't expecting and couldn't counter
View Quote

Clearly the tie bomber wasn’t running reinforced hull. (For any Squadrons nerds here)
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#44]
We had Space Miami and Space New Orleans this season.

Andor eventually wears a puffy blue jacket, so maybe there'll be Space Minneapolis next season.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally watched the after credits bit on the finale.  I knew it!!!

And oh, the irony.  Wonder if he ever figured it out?

Someone needs to get a copy of the 2md season as soon as it's done production and load it on the ARFcom torrent so we can all watch it way before release date.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Agree. The full crew can stay in the cartoons, and also agree Zeb would be exceptionally difficult to get correct for live action, especially with their preference for practical effects over CGI

I could see Sabine being pulled into Mando at some point since she's part of the Darksaber arc, but tying in that many characters would be wholly unnecessary. We'll likely see her flight from Coruscant without much mention of what happened with the refueling stop.

If they want to do a nod to that, they could have The Ghost drop her off on Yavin without showing the crew. It did appear briefly in the background during Rogue 1.
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Slightly off topic but anyone watching Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#49]

It's just like how every modern rifle or pistol needs to make metallic clicking noises as it's brought level. It's Hollywood rules
View Quote

Like racking a shotgun when you pull out a Glock
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:44:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLH3] [#50]
Originally Posted By Dog1:

Or maybe on purpose. Maybe he figured that after everything hit the fan that Cassian might be looking for a way off and he parked in a place that maybe he would come back to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dog1:

Didnt Luthen have to take the "taxi" to the city from the spaceport?  I thought there was dialogue about how far the two were from each other. Like the Denver Airport.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top