Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 177
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Interceptors nor Bombers have hyperdrives. Only Defenders and Advanced X1s. There is a frigate somewhere. My guess is they belong to Thrawn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
On Mandalorian:

Yeah, I was not expecting Bo Katan to be welcomed in open arms. It was like "hey, welcome to the club, pick up your jumpsuit next to the kool-ade dispenser. I was watching some Star Wars Youtuber this week and he made a pretty compelling case that the Armorer isn't Rook Kast, but:

Click To View Spoiler
Now, where did all of those TIE fighters come from? Interceptors and Bombers/shuttles all have hyperdrives,. but did they jump in? Or is there an Imperial remnant hiding on Mandalore? Someone here theorized that.

On Dr Pershing. What a mind fuck that was. I appreciated the deeper backstory and the decadent vibes of the aristocracy on Coruscant. The terminator train scene and synthwave music was fun. And the Imp Star Destroyers being ripped apart was pulled right out of Bad Batch. I'm curious to see if the mind flare is just to make him more agreeable when the comms officer eventually pulls him back into imperial clutches.

On Bad Batch:

The Wanda Sykes character is almost as bad as the Martez Sisters. As soon as I saw her I was like "ugh, filler episode." Omega completely smoked a few of those gang members without a second thought. But yeah, probably the worse episode so far.

ETA:
You don't need a droid to work a hyperdrive. Han Solo and Chewbecca both did calculations on their own.
Interceptors nor Bombers have hyperdrives. Only Defenders and Advanced X1s. There is a frigate somewhere. My guess is they belong to Thrawn.

That would mean that he was found or made his way back to the Empire after escaping the Purgill and Ezra. It would have implications in the Ahsoka series.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
On Mandalorian:

Yeah, I was not expecting Bo Katan to be welcomed in open arms. It was like "hey, welcome to the club, pick up your jumpsuit next to the kool-ade dispenser. I was watching some Star Wars Youtuber this week and he made a pretty compelling case that the Armorer isn't Rook Kast, but:

Click To View Spoiler
Now, where did all of those TIE fighters come from? Interceptors and Bombers/shuttles all have hyperdrives,. but did they jump in? Or is there an Imperial remnant hiding on Mandalore? Someone here theorized that.

On Dr Pershing. What a mind fuck that was. I appreciated the deeper backstory and the decadent vibes of the aristocracy on Coruscant. The terminator train scene and synthwave music was fun. And the Imp Star Destroyers being ripped apart was pulled right out of Bad Batch. I'm curious to see if the mind flare is just to make him more agreeable when the comms officer eventually pulls him back into imperial clutches.

On Bad Batch:

The Wanda Sykes character is almost as bad as the Martez Sisters. As soon as I saw her I was like "ugh, filler episode." Omega completely smoked a few of those gang members without a second thought. But yeah, probably the worse episode so far.

ETA:
You don't need a droid to work a hyperdrive. Han Solo and Chewbecca both did calculations on their own.

If Gideon escaped as the one Amnesty guy suggested, he could have easily connected with Thrawn and relayed the idea that Bo Katan was planning on a Mandalore retake. Or simply organized his own forces and headed that way.

Guessing next episode we'll see Gideon reintroduced, maybe a mention or even a glimpse at Live Action Thrawn.

Slightly boring but critically important episode.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Bad Batch has really sucked balls this season.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Same, I just don't care about that aspect of the story.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
I liked the opening and closing to Mando, but not sure about all that stuff in the middle.

Same, I just don't care about that aspect of the story.

They're setting up the new big baddie, and it might still be Moff Gideon.

When the former Empire troops are at the table, one of them says "I heard he escaped on the way to (I can't remember)". Then you have the gender fluidish Asian or whatever chick who clearly wants the doc's memory completely wiped.  I think she's a double agent working for Gideon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By craig19:
View Quote

The Crosshair episodes are damn good though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiG-21:

True, but mostly its been a waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
The opposite for me. I think they're setting up for something good.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe it got shoved off to legends canon, but I thought some interceptors had hyperdrives. Like the royal guard interceptors.

Or maybe I'm getting old
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

undoing the damage that KK did with the post movies.
View Quote

I almost believe Favreau and Filoni could pull that off, except for the giant turd on the pillow that was TLJ. The rest isn't so terrible, especially if Rey is actually Palpatine now.

I guess scientist guy knew too much. Liked the Mando parts.

Didn't hate TBB.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rtintwo] [#11]
View Quote

Really, the entire season? What were you wanting from bad batch?

I have loved this season. Yes there have been filler episodes but this season has done a great job showing how evil the empire is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe it got shoved off to legends canon, but I thought some interceptors had hyperdrives. Like the royal guard interceptors.

Or maybe I'm getting old
View Quote
Some did, but it wasn't a factory option. The Empire was cheap.

EA even kept that as a fact in their new game.

Star Wars: Squadrons – “Hunted” CG Short

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Was that one dude pregnant in Bad Batch?  Or just had a big gut?  Lol. The one leader dude
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL. Squadrons. I suuuuck at that game. Fun to fly around in the ships though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Or maybe I'm getting old
View Quote

The tie defender that thrown was working on in rebels had a hyperdrive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Badass opening scene.

Interesting ending scene.

The 40 minutes in between:

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

If Gideon escaped as the one Amnesty guy suggested, he could have easily connected with Thrawn and relayed the idea that Bo Katan was planning on a Mandalore retake. Or simply organized his own forces and headed that way.

Guessing next episode we'll see Gideon reintroduced, maybe a mention or even a glimpse at Live Action Thrawn.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
On Mandalorian:

Click To View Spoiler

On Bad Batch:

ETA:

Even if it is that 40 minutes it ate up could’ve EASILY been shaved down to 20 minutes or less.

This season is only 8 episodes and that snoozefest storyline took up pretty much an entire episode.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#18]

ETA:
View Quote

They had a droid. Specifically,  they had L3-37 who was uploaded into the ship at the end of Solo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Even if it is that 40 minutes it ate up could’ve EASILY been shaved down to 20 minutes or less.

This season is only 8 episodes and that snoozefest storyline took up pretty much an entire episode.
View Quote

But I loved every minute of it, seeing Coruscant again was awesome for me. Some of us love all those little worldbuilding details they put a lot of effort into making. Also the lesbian imperial officer is kinda attractive.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL. Squadrons. I suuuuck at that game. Fun to fly around in the ships though.
View Quote

I was terrible at it, too.  Until I turned the joystick deadzone down to 0,0 and then I snapshooting TIEs like nothing just like back when playing X-Wing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:12:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#22]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

But I loved every minute of it, seeing Coruscant again was awesome for me. Some of us love all those little worldbuilding details they put a lot of effort into making. Also the lesbian imperial officer is kinda attractive.

https://www.martialartsentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/katie-obrian-740x400.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.martialartsentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/katie-obrian-740x400.jpg

It’s possible to world build without spending pretty much an entire episode of an 8 episode season on a relatively boring storyline involving nothing but irrelevant and/or boring characters.

Also that imperial officer has a “gender neutral” vibe, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:23:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Badass opening scene.

https://media.tenor.com/_3rsMekqOKEAAAAC/i-dont-care-jim-carrey.gif
View Quote

Yup.   Saw where it was going early on.   Skipped forward a bunch and it wound up exactly as I figured.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:09:28 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I have doubts that's an OEM female.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

True...with the exception of the Crosshairs' episodes.  I'm enjoying the rise of the Empire.  Those episodes do make me feel for the Clone Troopers that are being cast aside.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#27]
Oh also, no one mentioned it yet.  I heard Grogu say (mumble) "This is the way"
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jdawg_Valdez:
True...with the exception of the Crosshairs' episodes.  I'm enjoying the rise of the Empire.  Those episodes do make me feel for the Clone Troopers that are being cast aside.
View Quote

I'd still take a bad episode of BB over Rebels, it's still a hell of a lot better. Rebels is so painful to watch, at least BB doesn't try to be a completely kid show-oriented.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

They had a droid. Specifically,  they had L3-37 who was uploaded into the ship at the end of Solo.
View Quote
Before that horrid film. The Falcon had a droid brain installed from the factory that was their nav-computer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#30]

I'd still take a bad episode of BB over Rebels, it's still a hell of a lot better. Rebels is so painful to watch, at least BB doesn't try to be a completely kid show-oriented.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rtintwo:

I have loved this season. Yes there have been filler episodes but this season has done a great job showing how evil the empire is.
View All Quotes

There have been some good parts, but compared to last year season, its been boring as hell.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Rebels got better as it went along.  The beginning was rough and childish.  Eza was an annoying twat for most of the series. The episodes with Maul were the best.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
Did the N1 have its blasters removed? He didn't use them once!

I got a neat N64 Rogue Squadron nostalgia though.
View Quote

He used them when chasing the pirates through the asteroid field in the 1st episode of the new season.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#34]

There have been some good parts, but compared to last year season, its been boring as hell.
View All Quotes

Ups and downs. I was thinking similar, especially with this episode and only 3 more left. Then I went back and looked at last season and it was a similar pattern with the 4th from last okayish/not seemingly related and the last 3 (final week is 2eps) strong and it seems to be a pattern.  Have to dig deeper historically but it may be a Filoni trait of storytelling.

Guess it's better than peaking early and closing on a filler episode.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Badass opening scene.

https://media.tenor.com/_3rsMekqOKEAAAAC/i-dont-care-jim-carrey.gif
View Quote

That was probably the impression of every Star Wars fan.

Opening scene is an exciting, fast-paced space battle featuring new tactics and weapons. "This is going to be the best episode ever!"

Followed by sleepy time story hour, featuring Capt Dykesmore and Dr Snivel. "Are they a couple now? How is he going to conduct clone research with a box of clipboards? Is she ever going to show us her tits? When will this nightmare end?!"
I'm surprised they didn't include an unbroken 4 minute shot of Dr Snivel eating breakfast cereal while gazing mournfully into the distance.

But it may have been a genius pacing decision by the producers. By the end of the storyline, I thought she was going to turn the dial the other way. She's a real piece of work, that one.
But please Disney, no more slow pacing, I have ADHD.

Also, the New Republic brainwashes people? This is why Skywalker and the Ewoks were partying hard at the end of RoTJ? Suddenly, the Empire looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#37]
She wanted to break him so he can't spill any secrets to the Republic.
View Quote
Ahhh, ok. I was like WTF?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
View Quote
She isn't an Imperial Navy Comms Officer. She's probably deep ISB and will be one of the deep agents that will lead to the eventual creation of the First Order.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Oh also, no one mentioned it yet.  I heard Grogu say (mumble) "This is the way"
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#40]
She isn't an Imperial Navy Comms Officer. She's probably deep ISB and will be one of the deep agents that will lead to the eventual creation of the First Order.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

huh, cool take! Would be cool if that happened.

Right now it's a neat timeframe, because the Empire and Rebellion have flip-flopped, and even though it was slow I'm digging the Pershing storyline with him being stuck in the same bureaucratic hell that was there from the Empire, just with a new flag on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Curious so see how they're going to get around the Grogu species aging. I can't imagine he's going to stay a toddler for very much longer.

Maybe write in some unusual growth spurt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sh768:
Curious so see how they're going to get around the Grogu species aging. I can't imagine he's going to stay a toddler for very much longer.

View Quote

Curious why would they do that? It's integral to the story.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Yoda was old as hell in ROTJ.

1. His species has never been named.
2. His species hase never had their home world named or shown.
3. His species has never been discussed. For all we know, Gorgu will be a child for another 200 years.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By macman37:

View All Quotes

If he doesn't hurry up and age, Mando will be long dead before Grogu can become a believable, effective Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Patoo
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Patoo
View Quote
Poodoo is the word you're looking for.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#47]
The New Republic Amnesty Program is Not What it Seems
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Poodoo is the word you're looking for.
View Quote

Haha
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:23:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#49]

If he doesn't hurry up and age, Mando will be long dead before Grogu can become a believable, effective Mandalorian.
View All Quotes

What makes you think that's the path for Grogu?

I think he ends up back with the Jedi at some point to continue his training.  Let's face it, his little dwarfy Yoda body isn't going to be in a suit of Mando armor doing Mando shit.  The story arch may require Din getting killed before Grogu will go back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

What makes you think that's the path for Grogu?

I think he ends up back with the Jedi at some point to continue his training.  Let's face it, his little dwarfy Yoda body isn't going to be in a suit of Mando armor doing Mando shit.  The story arch may require Din getting killed before Grogu will go back.
View Quote

True enough.

Just assumed that was the show direction, given the fun Grogu is having and his choice of the shiny sweater vest.

Page / 177
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top