View Quote

They gots anti-gravity
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]

17 years ago before gravity
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Did not care for episode 3.

Baddies in their trash fighters just happen to be hanging out in the middle of nowhere when the Jedi jump in.  Of course the dark padawan is with them, good thing the force alleviates the need for any kind of flight suit (or blinking, this girl never blinks!).

Baddie trash fighters score numerous hits to no effect on hero ship with massive plot armor.  Jedi tail gun is running Golden Bullets.

Anti-Capital Ship Turbo-Lasers generate big smoky explosions in space.  Jedi ship apparently has shields stronger than a Star Destroyer... it certainly wasn't nimbly avoiding anything.

OK Jedi Ship finally needs to get some wires re-connected with enemy fighters in hot pursuit.  Trash fighters take so long to arrive that Ahsoka can change into something more comfortable and take a walk outside.  Trash fighters proceed to shoot at the light-sabers instead of the ship, and apparently got their training from Starship Troopers in which "Muh blasters work better at melee range".  

Entire show was hot garbage to stow in the trash fighters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how many years Thrawn and Ezra have been in another galaxy together.  But my prediction would be either:
A) Thrawn and Ezra are comrades now having had to work together to survive.
B) Thrawn stashed Ezra in solitary confinement for years and Ezra has fallen to the Dark Side.
or
C) But its Disney... so Thrawn has amassed a vast fleet and or Super-Super-Star Destroyer which he hand crafted with his remaining crew and cloned fifty million new expendable  imperial orcs to crew them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Is that thing. The hyper space ring. Just a very very big contraption like Obi-Wan had in the prequels? He would detach his ship from it in space and then descend down to the planet.

I guess it's big enough that Thrawn's ship could do the same thing.
View Quote
That's exactly what it is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I don’t think Rosario is a bad Ashoka. I think it’s the writing. Like you guys have said. They want her to be the “wise old force user” jaded by her years of experiences.

The last episode of Tales of the Jedi, Ashoka was all fucked up. She reluctantly came back into the fight. She didn’t jump back in excited.

But I think it’s a little much so she comes across like a soulless shell of a being.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MWP80918:

Baddies in their trash fighters just happen to be hanging out in the middle of nowhere when the Jedi jump in.  Of course the dark padawan is with them, good thing the force alleviates the need for any kind of flight suit (or blinking, this girl never blinks!).

Baddie trash fighters score numerous hits to no effect on hero ship with massive plot armor.  Jedi tail gun is running Golden Bullets.

Anti-Capital Ship Turbo-Lasers generate big smoky explosions in space.  Jedi ship apparently has shields stronger than a Star Destroyer... it certainly wasn't nimbly avoiding anything.

OK Jedi Ship finally needs to get some wires re-connected with enemy fighters in hot pursuit.  Trash fighters take so long to arrive that Ahsoka can change into something more comfortable and take a walk outside.  Trash fighters proceed to shoot at the light-sabers instead of the ship, and apparently got their training from Starship Troopers in which "Muh blasters work better at melee range".  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

End of last episode they knew Ahsoka was coming and what vector so having ships waiting to ambush is reasonable.

The rest is cartoon rules.

Not sure how many years Thrawn and Ezra have been in another galaxy together.  But my prediction would be either:
B) Thrawn stashed Ezra in solitary confinement for years and Ezra has fallen to the Dark Side.
or
C) But its Disney... so Thrawn has amassed a vast fleet and or Super-Super-Star Destroyer which he hand crafted with his remaining crew and cloned fifty million new expendable  imperial orcs to crew them.

Should be 10-12 years
Working together out of necessity I'm hoping for.
Ezra darkside is a possibility.
Leaks\rumors speculate: Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:35:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#7]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

or
View Quote
Tell me you never read the original EU without telling me you never read the original EU.

In the original EU, the Old Republic lost 200 Dreadnoughts of the Katana Fleet a few decades before the Clone Wars. The crews went mad due to the Hive Virus and the fleet was adrift. Thrawn and the New Republic were in a race to find the fleet and Thrawn was able to capture 178 ships. Additionally, Thrawn used cloning cylinders located from Mount Tantiss on the planet Wayland to resupply his stormtrooper forces.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Is Mt. Tantiss in another Galaxy only accessible by hitching a ride on space Moby Dick?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Is Mt. Tantiss in another Galaxy only accessible by hitching a ride on space Moby Dick?
View Quote
Mount Tantiss and Wayland is in the SW Galaxy. The location was shown and visited in Bad Batch.

In the original EU, Thrawn was out in thr Unknown Regions, not in another galaxy. The original EU made extra-galatic travel pretty much impossible due to the Great Hyperspace Barrier.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#11]
So I'm watching a 30-minute-long recap and holy fuck is this a LOT of info to absorb. I might just go for the 8-minute recap instead, lol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:09:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#12]

I didn't know Star Wars had wagons until this series.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

End of last episode they knew Ahsoka was coming and what vector so having ships waiting to ambush is reasonable.

Should be 10-12 years

View All Quotes

or

Should be 10-12 years

Jacen is the timeframe clue for those who noticed his brief appearance and knew who he was. He would have been born shortly after the Battle of Lothal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:

Ahsoka's no Jedi.  Free the space titties.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Originally Posted By SHONUFF:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/66001C2E-F4A8-4226-9376-3C38B12BF7C8-2936894.jpg

Snips…the way it could have been.

Please provide the unadulterated source photo!

What, don’t like my artistic abilities? I’ll have you know, in spent an entire ten seconds on that!

But, since you said please:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/316D79EC-A8B0-4E8C-A388-1444BE16117F-2936883.jpg

I was goin to use this one, because…damn:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/F630B531-05EC-41E1-B0CE-F4ED64701F89-2936884.jpg

So as to not derail the thread completely, I would love the costume department to take advantage of the assets they do have. Rosario is not without her own set of commotitties:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/F96083ED-47C2-41BC-92FF-5976438A6E98-2937150.jpg

I hate lost potential. We could have this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/9035B169-7EEB-402D-8689-A0D7D28B925B-2937163.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/5C62AE73-AE66-4D17-889F-4828A3156AEE-2937155.jpg

But instead we get this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/65999DE1-62B7-481E-AE2F-E529D091DE1C-2937151.jpg

Middle aged space biker chicks probably wouldn't look so anime.

Jedi didn't usually show off their tits neither

I'd argue she is a Jedi, or came back to the cult when she accepted Sabine as a Padawan.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Jacen is the timeframe clue for those who noticed his brief appearance and knew who he was. He would have been born shortly after the Battle of Lothal.
View All Quotes

or

Should be 10-12 years

Kid looks human but he is mixed race... maybe he has three cocks in place of head tentacles?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#16]

I'd argue she is a Jedi, or came back to the cult when she accepted Sabine as a Padawan.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/66001C2E-F4A8-4226-9376-3C38B12BF7C8-2936894.jpg

Snips…the way it could have been.

Please provide the unadulterated source photo!

What, don’t like my artistic abilities? I’ll have you know, in spent an entire ten seconds on that!

But, since you said please:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/316D79EC-A8B0-4E8C-A388-1444BE16117F-2936883.jpg

I was goin to use this one, because…damn:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/F630B531-05EC-41E1-B0CE-F4ED64701F89-2936884.jpg

So as to not derail the thread completely, I would love the costume department to take advantage of the assets they do have. Rosario is not without her own set of commotitties:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/F96083ED-47C2-41BC-92FF-5976438A6E98-2937150.jpg

I hate lost potential. We could have this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/9035B169-7EEB-402D-8689-A0D7D28B925B-2937163.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/5C62AE73-AE66-4D17-889F-4828A3156AEE-2937155.jpg

But instead we get this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/190943/65999DE1-62B7-481E-AE2F-E529D091DE1C-2937151.jpg

She's as close to jedi as one could get.  Way More so than Luke.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Kid looks human but he is mixed race... maybe he has three cocks in place of head tentacles?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:59:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#18]

View All Quotes

or

Should be 10-12 years

Yeah, that always seemed odd, especially since we already saw an example of human/Twi'lek hybrids during TCW (Cut and Suu's children).

I suppose that can be written off as a side effect of whatever the Kaminoans did to the clone's DNA though.  Rex did say it was against regulation to reproduce (which itself does raise the question of why they weren't made sterile).
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
An Imperial MkII Class Star Destroyer.
View Quote
Chimera was a Mk I.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Chimera was a Mk I.
View All Quotes
Chimera was a Mk I.
She was? I recall she was a Imp Mark Deuce. But then again, it has been a while since I read the original Thrawn trilogy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#21]
With as long and as boring as the intro was, you can't say sabine will be a mary sue with saber/force use.  

I also am going with the ring is to bring back the chimaera, too big to fit a single purgil, and needless as they have the map.

I'm curious why they want the whole ship, and not just the crew/artifacts.  (they could have built a smaller ring/transport).
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
With as long and as boring as the intro was, you can't say sabine will be a mary sue with saber/force use.  

I also am going with the ring is to bring back the chimaera, too big to fit a single purgil, and needless as they have the map.

I'm curious why they want the whole ship, and not just the crew/artifacts.  (they could have built a smaller ring/transport).
View Quote
Go big or go home. Also, the New Republic is dismantling all the Imperial capital ships and their defense fleet is far smaller and made of smaller vessels. An Imperial Class Star Destroyer will wreck shit up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]
She was? I recall she was a Imp Mark Deuce. But then again, it has been a while since I read the original Thrawn trilogy.
View All Quotes
Chimera was a Mk I.

It's a MkI in Rebels and a MkII in Legends

I liked the beginning and start of the chase with Ahsoka and Sabines interactions. Sabine was vaguely starting to sense Huyang and Ahsoka near the end.  Ahsoka changing demeanor asking Sabine what she needs to shoot the fighters was some development.  Though Ahsoka on the gun and Sabine piloting would have made things easier.  The Purrgil scene was also a favorite.  Hollow Graham Zoom meetings are boring as hell but was nice to see Mon Motha.

Reasons, cartoon reasons. Though maybe Thrawn has a bunch of stuff to bring back onboard the Chimaera.  How they would be communicating intergalactically is a bit odd.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Why do you need space whales when you can access the world between worlds?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Another glaring woke thing that annoys the fuck out of me is that all of the secondary characters are either women or POCs. All of the background officers, crew, soldiers, even the senators that they've shown. Except if they're Empire or Empire sympathizers, then they can be white men
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Nmbmxer:
Why do you need space whales when you can access the world between worlds?
View Quote

Their only known access point was lost when the temple collapsed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if the Martez sisters make an appearance
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#28]

View Quote

Ignorant people will always call Ahsoka and Sabine "Mary Sue" simply because they don't know the background and the live action series are their first introduction to them.

Sabine already had her struggle learning to use a lightsaber during "Trial of the Darksaber" and her subsequent return to Mandalore.  That said, I do hope they don't overdo it if she does develop some force abilities.

As to the Chimera, as Miami pointed out, it would outclass basically everything the New Republic has, so if it's in working order, Thrawn would be a dominant force upon his return.

As to the discussion on Ezra, he undoubtedly escaped, either with the aid of the Purrgil or after capture by Thrawn (he's had a great many escapes from Imperial custody).
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]

It's a MkI in Rebels and a MkII in Legends

View Quote
I thought so.... I recalled she was a Imp Mark Deuce in the original EU.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Ignorant people will always call Ahsoka and Sabine "Mary Sue" simply because they don't know the background and the live action series are their first introduction to them.

View Quote

Sabine was a mary sue even before the lightsaber.  She's a child genius that engineered and built some super-weapon for the Empire before she was 16.  On top of being an exceptional engineer she is also a pretty good artist.  She's very skilled with any weapons and an explosives expert.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Sabine was a mary sue even before the lightsaber.  She's a child genius that engineered and built some super-weapon for the Empire before she was 16.  On top of being an exceptional engineer she is also a pretty good artist.  She's very skilled with any weapons and an explosives expert.
View Quote

She never needed the force or a light saber before. I don’t know why they are pushing her being a Jedi anyway. Sabine always kicked ass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#33]
"Mary Sue"? What does this mean?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#34]

I suppose that can be written off as a side effect of whatever the Kaminoans did to the clone's DNA though.  Rex did say it was against regulation to reproduce (which itself does raise the question of why they weren't made sterile).
View Quote

My thinking is that after so many batches of clones are made the DNA erodes. If the clones can reproduce then the DNA can be refreshed with breeding. Almost like another way to recycle the resource.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
View All Quotes

A Mary Sue is a character archetype in fiction, usually a young woman, who is often portrayed as inexplicably competent across all domains, gifted with unique talents or powers, liked or respected by most other characters, unrealistically free of weaknesses, extremely attractive, innately virtuous, and/or generally lacking meaningful character flaws.

Sabine is all of those except has some character flaws (family ostracized trauma mostly).  She didn't have force powers but that is likely changing.  Also wasn't the main character, but probably could have replaced Ezra just fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Just sounds like a typical autistic ARFcommer to me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Came to be in common usage in the wake of the latest Trilogy movies.

Rey Skywalker goes from homeless desert drifter to supreme master force user with next to no training.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

All the combat skill is easily explained.

She's Mandalorian.  House Vizsla, no less. Like the rest of her clan, she'd have received combat training from a young age, which would have been furthered as an Imperial Cadet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]

All the combat skill is easily explained.

She's Mandalorian.  House Vizsla, no less. Like the rest of her clan, she'd have received combat training from a young age, which would have been furthered as an Imperial Cadet.
View Quote

Sure, and fair.  We can add being nobility to the list however.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:08:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SwampApe] [#40]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Another glaring woke thing that annoys the fuck out of me is that all of the secondary characters are either women or POCs. All of the background officers, crew, soldiers, even the senators that they've shown. Except if they're Empire or Empire sympathizers, then they can be white men
View Quote

This was my observation, exactly.

The nerds here (and I say that endearingly, you all really have devotion to the cause, not intended to offend) like to gloss-over it and make accusations that we just don’t  know the story. I know it well enough, and have no problem with women-heroes. That’s not the complaint at all. It’s that all the white guys are fools or bad guys. There can be no positive white males portrayed anywhere.  It’s not just Star Wars or Disney either, it’s EVERYTHING from the entire industry, and it’s very, very deliberate.

I get why, the left is on a power trip right now, and they’re abusing that power to the fullest extent. It’s not about “bringing up the historically oppressed” it about tearing down the historically successful. It’s their turn to be the oppressors. It’s vengeance, pure and simple. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Anyway, enough of my rants… any more screenshots of our hero’s butts?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:10:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#41]

The nerds here (and I say that endearingly, you all really have devotion to the cause, not intended to offend) like to gloss-over it and make accusations that we just don't  know the story. I know it well enough, and have no problem with women-heroes. That's not the complaint at all. It's that all the white guys are fools or bad guys. There can be no positive white males portrayed anywhere.  It's not just Star Wars or Disney either, it's EVERYTHING from the entire industry, and it's very, very deliberate.

I get why, the left is on a power trip right now, and they're abusing that power to the fullest extent. It's not about "bringing up the historically oppressed" it about tearing down the historically successful. It's their turn to be the oppressors. It's vengeance, pure and simple. Two wrongs do it make a right.

Anyway, enough of my rants  any more screenshots of our hero's butts?
View All Quotes

The nerds here (and I say that endearingly, you all really have devotion to the cause, not intended to offend) like to gloss-over it and make accusations that we just don't  know the story. I know it well enough, and have no problem with women-heroes. That's not the complaint at all. It's that all the white guys are fools or bad guys. There can be no positive white males portrayed anywhere.  It's not just Star Wars or Disney either, it's EVERYTHING from the entire industry, and it's very, very deliberate.

I get why, the left is on a power trip right now, and they're abusing that power to the fullest extent. It's not about "bringing up the historically oppressed" it about tearing down the historically successful. It's their turn to be the oppressors. It's vengeance, pure and simple. Two wrongs do it make a right.

My mixed race daughter has a role model now..... the horror!

Anyways, more ass shots, the better.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#42]
There do seem to be an unusually high number of ass shots in this show so far.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

Again, glossing over the point.

I have no problem with mixed race heroes. I am thrilled that your daughter has a hero, that’s not the argument here at all. There should be heroes for all of us to relate to, and race and gender should not be the basis for heroism. If it was wrong for PoC to be constantly portrayed as “bad guys” in the past, it should be wrong for P w/o C to be constantly portrayed as “bad guys” now. That’s the only point. There should be BALANCE.

I really don’t want to argue this with you, in particular. I am a big fan of yours and the work you do both here and for GOA. You really have my utmost respect, but you seem to really be missing the point on this issue.

I’ll just let this debate go, I’ve said my peace. You can relate, or not. This thread should be about Star Wars, not fellow patriotic Americans arguing about racial/gender biases. That is exactly why they are doing this…divide and conquer.

Again, bless you and your tireless efforts to protect ALL of us from the erosion of our rights. YOU are one of MY heroes, and I mean that from the heart.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Again, glossing over the point.

I have no problem with mixed race heroes. I am thrilled that your daughter has a hero, that's not the argument here at all. There should be heroes for all of us to relate to, and race and gender should not be the basis for heroism. If it was wrong for PoC to be constantly portrayed as "bad guys" in the past, it should be wrong for P w/o C to be constantly portrayed as "bad guys" now. That's the only point. There should be BALANCE.

I really don't want to argue this with you, in particular. I am a big fan of yours and the work you do both here and for GOA. You really have my utmost respect, but you seem to really be missing the point on this issue.

I'll just let this debate go, I've said my peace. You can relate, or not. This thread should be about Star Wars, not fellow patriotic Americans arguing about racial/gender biases. That is exactly why they are doing this divide and conquer.

Again, bless you and your tireless efforts to protect ALL of us from the erosion of our rights. YOU are one of MY heroes, and I mean that from the heart.
View Quote
More butt shots, the better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SwampApe] [#45]
More butt shots, the better.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/1000009340_jpg-2937523.JPG
View Quote

You’re doing God’s work. Bless you…my hero!

ETA: no freeloading…

Yes, please!

Here’s where I admit to having a soft spot for Twileks ever since Jabba dropped one into the Rancor pit.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

There's no bras in space.
- George Lucas
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I never liked Sabine because they attempted to make her too many things. She’s a Mandalorian, engineer, artist, bounty hunter, and now Jedi. Enough already.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

- George Lucas
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

- George Lucas

What about bandaid on nipples space is cold
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Leia didn't need bandaids, although she did have the Force.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sh768:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sh768:

She might liked chapped nips
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top