Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 179
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:32:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macros73:

Yup. As soon as Skeen realizes Andor isn’t going to say yes, Skeen is going to shoot him and claim that Cassian tried to steal the shuttle.

I think there was some anger on Cassian’s part as well. Inside, he’s an idealist and a rebel but hasn’t awoken to it yet or accepted it. He wants to do more and make a difference but doesn’t believe he can. He passed himself off as strictly a mercenary and now here is Skeen exposing himself as such, and treating Cassian as if Skeen accepts him as a mercenary. Cassian was repulsed by what he saw in Skeen, and what he thought Skeen saw in him.

Or I’m reading too much into it, but that’s how I interpret it.
View Quote

its more survival mode. as soon as skeen proposed it, he had to shoot with the no answer or he had to watch his back alll the time with skeen. and now that skeen exposed himself, the blonde and whole mission was in danger. not that he cared for the mission per se, he just wanted what he agreed upon.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 2:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#2]
For the helmet collectors….

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
For the helmet collectors….

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/96029EE9-2C96-4290-98C0-9532DF1F5C86_jpe-2567465.JPG
View Quote

They got a lot of the small details wrong but I’m still glad it’s available.

I’ll buy one and if it turns out to be really good I’ll buy a few more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By macros73:

Yup. As soon as Skeen realizes Andor isn’t going to say yes, Skeen is going to shoot him and claim that Cassian tried to steal the shuttle.

I think there was some anger on Cassian’s part as well. Inside, he’s an idealist and a rebel but hasn’t awoken to it yet or accepted it. He wants to do more and make a difference but doesn’t believe he can. He passed himself off as strictly a mercenary and now here is Skeen exposing himself as such, and treating Cassian as if Skeen accepts him as a mercenary. Cassian was repulsed by what he saw in Skeen, and what he thought Skeen saw in him.

Or I’m reading too much into it, but that’s how I interpret it.
View Quote

I also saw it as an interesting counterpoint to all Lucas's "Han didn't shoot first" bullshit.  No question about whether Andor was taking care of business or not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
This series has been phenomenal. Start was just a bit slow, but it keeps getting better and better.

I do have to say, I’m glad it’s only gonna be two seasons. We know Andor dies sooner rather than later, so it’s good to wrap it up instead of dragging it along.

I do have to say, I’m struggling with the Space AKs. I get it no changes to the Lewis Gun or MG34/42, at least the Sterlings were slightly modded. But to me, the AK is too ubiquitous and it doesn’t fit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Excited for tomorrow's (tonight's) episode.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 7:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigitalChaos] [#7]
So far i like it. and Rogue 1 was a damn good movie. !
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 3:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Another fantastic episode. The writing and acting is just so good. Why can’t all Star Wars be this good?
Also, Mon Mothma is bangin’!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Another fantastic episode. The writing and acting is just so good. Why can’t all Star Wars be this good?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:33:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sodie] [#12]
Cassian is going to get based as f#@& in the next season(s).

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Pick up that [sodie] can?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you imagine the buildup for Rogue One if the series came before it?

Its a bit of a drag knowing Cassian's future.

Great nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

I really liked that part, “hang onto him”
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
bienvenidos a miami  

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

When I saw her in the party dress, I thought, "There's a handsome woman."  The actress plays that part perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

When I saw her in the party dress, I thought, "There's a handsome woman."  The actress plays that part perfectly.
View All Quotes

Reminds me of Gillian Anderson.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Enjoyable episode, very discussion worthy.

How is Cassian escaping space Miami jail?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Another solid episode. I love action and blasters and all, but damn if I don’t enjoy seeing some of the more mundane ‘behind the scenes’ stuff too.

Whoever imagined a show full of Imperial board meetings and space antique shops would be cool, but it is.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

She is very attractive and elegant.  

You know who else cleans up nicely?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Another solid episode. I love action and blasters and all, but damn if I don’t enjoy seeing some of the more mundane ‘behind the scenes’ stuff too.

Whoever imagined a show full of Imperial board meetings and space antique shops would be cool, but it is.
View Quote

The biggest thing this brings to the entire story.

The reason for a rebellion.  The Empire is being depicted as pure evil with no limits.  Hanging people in the streets, for one.

Also, Kassa having a hot hooker and blow is SO NOT Star Wars.  But there it was, a hooker looking for more blow.  He is the most real character they have ever depicted in the story arcs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

The reason for a rebellion.  The Empire is being depicted as pure evil with no limits.  Hanging people in the streets, for one.

Also, Kassa having a hot hooker and blow is SO NOT Star Wars.  But there it was, a hooker looking for more blow.  He is the most real character they have ever depicted in the story arcs.
View All Quotes

I thought he was being sent to the store for some kinda food.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Same here!  Love the space Gestapo meetings!   And that guy leading the briefing was Colonel Yalaren who’s briefly seen in the Death Star in the original Star Wars.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By toadmeister:

Same here!  Love the space Gestapo meetings!   And that guy leading the briefing was Colonel Yalaren who’s briefly seen in the Death Star in the original Star Wars.
View Quote

He was the youngest admiral during the clone wars
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:47:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#26]

View All Quotes

The ISB scenes are great.
This last episode left me wondering if that black(ish) ISB officer is hindering the girl’s investigation on purpose. Maybe he’s a rebel plant/sympathizer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:32:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Who is the actor that plays the local ISB head (the one that told Dedra Meero to watch her back) and where have I seen him before?
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks!  It was driving me nuts!
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Great show leading towards Rogue One.

Empire Strikes Back will always hold a special place (saw it in the theater) but Rogue One is a close second
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

He also made a brief appearance in Rebels as head of the ISB, which makes me wonder if Agent Kallus would also make an appearance.  

It's before his being stranded on that Geonosian moon, so he'd be just as cruel as the rest of the space gestapo and makes for a decent villain.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

View Quote

Listen again.  It sure sounded like she was talking about different drugs and even mentioned that he said he liked what one of them did to him.  If that wasn't a drug discussion...
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Listen again.  It sure sounded like she was talking about different drugs and even mentioned that he said he liked what one of them did to him.  If that wasn't a drug discussion...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Fair enough. I watched at 5am yesterday morning.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

That isn’t Yularen, it’s Major Partagaz
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View All Quotes

I think they’re talking about the higher-up who was talking about all of the updated laws and policies in the wake of the rebel attack.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:59:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#36]

I think they’re talking about the higher-up who was talking about all of the updated laws and policies in the wake of the rebel attack.
View All Quotes

You’re right!

I thought that was the Major until I went back and watched, I need to stop watching at work, I’m missing details.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:22:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#37]
wth "Keef". you never leave your cover. walk around with your eye candy on your arms and be that loud tourist douche bag with a red solo cup. not a rebel that is nervously walking by himself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#38]
"Why are you running"
"I'm not running"
"Damn right you're not running."

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By feudist:
"Why are you running"
"I'm not running"

View Quote

It was a comical way to show the heavy handed police state of the empire.  

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:48:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#40]
Originally Posted By feudist:
"Why are you running"
"I'm not running"

View Quote

"Droid assistance please"

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MTpint] [#41]
I decided to give it a shot and ended up watching all episodes over two nights. This show is outstanding everything about it great writing, characters, acting and the cinematography damn.

I don't know what is worse space Miami or the Imperial call center.

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:19:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#42]
Someone pls post an imperial rank chart.

Blue squares, red squares, titles etc are nuts confusing.

We won’t even tackle generals and admirals in the rebel forces and clone wars.

None of it makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

It was a comical way to show the heavy handed police state of the empire.  

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually though.
View Quote

What's funny is he's one of three most wanted people in the galaxy at that moment, and Trooper hardass gets him booked up in nowhere jail for doing nothing at all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:40:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scdigger] [#44]

What's funny is he's one of three most wanted people in the galaxy at that moment, and Trooper hardass gets him booked up in nowhere jail for doing nothing at all.
View Quote

Actually, probably the safest place he could disappear to for the time being...and likely to connect to other "rebel" types in there that were also jailed for "no reason".
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By scdigger:

Actually, probably the safest place he could disappear to for the time being...and likely to connect to other "rebel" types in there that were also jailed for "no reason".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scdigger:

Yeah they won't be looking for him in imperial prison most likely
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
This series has been phenomenal. Start was just a bit slow, but it keeps getting better and better.

I do have to say, I’m glad it’s only gonna be two seasons. We know Andor dies sooner rather than later, so it’s good to wrap it up instead of dragging it along.

I do have to say, I’m struggling with the Space AKs. I get it no changes to the Lewis Gun or MG34/42, at least the Sterlings were slightly modded. But to me, the AK is too ubiquitous and it doesn’t fit.
View Quote

Yeah they AKs are to stock ai they look out or place. The WWII they originally used were heavily modified plus they are not as well known to the average viewer compared to the AK which is the most common firearm in the world.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#47]
There are two types of people who comment on this...

True Star Wars fans who wanted to see the Empire day to day without a Jedi on every street corner, who love seeing the inner workings of the Imperial government/security services, who are enjoying seeing the beginning of the Rebellion.

Smoothbrains who want explosions and titties or they say "I got bored and turned it off".

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
There are two types of people who comment on this...

True Star Wars fans who wanted to see the Empire day to day without a Jedi on every street corner, who love seeing the inner workings of the Imperial government/security services, who are enjoying seeing the beginning of the Rebellion.

Smoothbrains who want explosions and titties or they say "I got bored and turned it off".

View Quote

Both? I am enjoying the office politics, as well as the eye candy....
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I liked how they brought a Polaroid SX-70 in as a prop nav device…

I had one back in the 70s.

Confirmed on Reddit…

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 179
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top