BCM
User Panel

Page / 179
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Vel’s ex-girlfriend too. Probably.
Got some “bitter lesbian” vibes from that scene.
View Quote

Let them fight...  I will watch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
Did anyone else notice how this episode shifted between different stylistic camerawork and moods? All of the scenes of Kleya meeting with Vel had a very film noir vibe; with low, angled camera shots and a matching score. The scenes with Cassian and Maarva had kind of a Yoda's hut vibe. And y'all already mentioned Miami Beach planet, lol. It felt like there was a little more experimentation in this episode, perhaps as a palate cleanser before the back half of the season. The outro music was pretty trippy, too. I actually sat through all the credits just to listen.
View Quote

They dumped HUGE money into making this.  

In many ways the real location cinema photography are much better than most of the movies.  Altering real places slightly works very well in giving the scenes REAL feel.  Unlike many things we have seen before, Coruscant seems like an actual place and the Miami Beach area reminds me of beaches I have been to in Turkey and in Northern Germany.  It is impressive.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if Mon Mothma’s friend has thrown in with Saw, being on Chandrilla. We’ve seen that planet a few times before.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
Did anyone else notice how this episode shifted between different stylistic camerawork and moods? All of the scenes of Kleya meeting with Vel had a very film noir vibe; with low, angled camera shots and a matching score. The scenes with Cassian and Maarva had kind of a Yoda's hut vibe. And y'all already mentioned Miami Beach planet, lol. It felt like there was a little more experimentation in this episode, perhaps as a palate cleanser before the back half of the season. The outro music was pretty trippy, too. I actually sat through all the credits just to listen.
View Quote

Eps 1-4 soundtrack just dropped on iTunes and Spotify, FYI
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Luthen’s helper at the shop.

The blonde chick cleaned up nicely too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]

He was likening it to the Clinton Foundation. I think.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By toadmeister:
Originally Posted By Tiempos_Peligrosos:

Did anyone else feel weird that Mon Mothma was cycling funds for the rebel activities through her charitable organizations?

No

That’s how smart Rebels get shit done.   It’s not all pew-pews and space hot-rods

He was likening it to the Clinton Foundation. I think.

Clinton, Al Qaeda, mostly RoPer activities.  They all seem to funnel money through charitable fronts.  It just triggered me.  Kinda like when SW had the rebels using green lasers while the evil Empire use red.  Green tracers were used by the commies while red tracers were used by Western forces.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:
So the only thing I’m missing is where the story is headed with the failed security services officer now stuck in a cubicle doing fuel inspections paperwork?

I’m just not tracking how he ends up among the series protagonists.

Still the best content since the clone wars.
View Quote

Antisocial, uptight, thinks he's better than everyone else, dead end job, lives with his mommy, probably pulls the arms off Ewoks, I'm thinking he's going to become some type of Empire sanctioned serial killer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pdxshooter:
Three types. You forgot the ones who can't get over the unmodified AKs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
There are two types of people who comment on this...

True Star Wars fans who wanted to see the Empire day to day without a Jedi on every street corner, who love seeing the inner workings of the Imperial government/security services, who are enjoying seeing the beginning of the Rebellion.

Smoothbrains who want explosions and titties or they say "I got bored and turned it off".

Four types.  You both forgot the ones who want to see the Empire day to day and the beginning of the Rebellion and also want explosions and titties yet are critical enough to point out the silliness/laziness of unmodified AKs and fireteam leaders who tell their teams to "Company, turn LEFT!"
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Antisocial, uptight, thinks he's better than everyone else, dead end job, lives with his mommy, probably pulls the arms off Ewoks, I'm thinking he's going to become some type of Empire sanctioned serial killer.
View Quote

I think it's more likely he'll go after Cassian for revenge and realize in the end it wasn't Cassian who was his enemy, but the Empire.

The casting was perfect for that character. It's crazy how much he looks like Presbo from The Wire but it's actually a completely different, much younger British actor from Poldark.

There's a lot of great casting and acting, right down to the guy from Firefly voicing the droid.

Really fantastic production.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Eps 1-4 soundtrack just dropped on iTunes and Spotify, FYI
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'm almost halfway through a first listen. There's some nicely produced tracks on there, even if they're not my usual kind of music.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 2:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#11]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:
So the only thing I’m missing is where the story is headed with the failed security services officer now stuck in a cubicle doing fuel inspections paperwork?

I’m just not tracking how he ends up among the series protagonists.

Still the best content since the clone wars.
View Quote

I see two things there.

First, it's meant to be rock bottom for his character arc. A fall from grace, driven by his arrogance.  Like many antagonists in the franchise, he won't learn from his mistake but rather redouble his efforts ultimately leading to either his demise or redemption by becoming a rebel.  (See:  Agent Kallus for an example)

The second is it shows the sheer level of dehumanization the empire's loyal worker drones experience. It's been touched on a few times in the past.  Most notably, Tseebo in Rebels, who was outfitted with cybernetics to increase his efficiency at a similarly soul crushing job.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#12]
i think cubicle boy will be part of the rebellion.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WorkDroid] [#13]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
i think cubicle boy will be part of the rebellion.
View Quote
I think he blames cassian for his getting fired/disgraced and will be using his new station to hunt him down. Having to live with his mother would be enough to piss anyone off and seek revenge.

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
I think he blames cassian for his getting fired/disgraced and will be using his new station to hunt him down. Having to live with his mother would be enough to piss anyone off and seek revenge.

View Quote

I keep expecting her to drop some Yiddish. She totally a cranky Jewish mom with an oriental parent vibe also.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Interdasting.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Interdasting.....
View All Quotes
Interdasting.....

It’s what I think is going to happen at some point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By LatentUser:

It's what I think is going to happen at some point.
View Quote
 Yeah it will make the sacrifice in Rouge One have a much deeper meaning.  The kid grew up with the robot like an extra family member.  Or they are just tricking the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

There's a lot of great casting and acting, right down to the guy from Firefly voicing the droid.

View Quote

Alan Tudyk was "hang"?

Did not catch that.  Cool continuity as all the security droids would have the same voice emitters.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

You think they'll do Saw at the series finalle, or S2?  I was going for S2.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By user4574:

Yep.  Still have to introduce Saw.

You think they'll do Saw at the series finalle, or S2?  I was going for S2.

Hope before the finale, but definitely S1.  I almost doubt S2 will be fleshing things out nearly as much as S1. Deeper drama, but bigger payoffs as well.

Gotta get it ready for as smooth a segway into R1 as R1 was into ANH.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: user4574] [#22]

Alan Tudyk was "hang"?

Did not catch that.  Cool continuity as all the security droids would have the same voice emitters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

Alan Tudyk was "hang"?

He's used to playing bots. He was the android in I, Robot also.

ETA: no not "hang", but is B2EMO and did K2SO in R1. Popular theory is something happens to B2 and has to get out into a security droid
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

I keep expecting her to drop some Yiddish. She totally a cranky Jewish mom with an oriental parent vibe also.
View Quote
I felt serious "Throw Momma From the Train" vibes during their first scene: "Owen! Owennnnnnn!!!"
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:58:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viralinsurgency] [#24]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
I loved Luthen's discussion with Mon Mothma.

How, in giving logic to his actions, he explained the Empire was nibbling at them, little bit by little bit, so often, they didn't even notice anymore.

I couldn't help but think he was describing us; here, in the US/West today.
View Quote

Same.  Shocked they didn't cut that.

It perfectly describes our gov.  People aren't even shocked anymore by the blatant in-your-face lies, criminal acts, Constitutional infringements, etc.  The public just shake their heads and go right back to their phone apps, games, real world tv, etc, acting as if such infringements and outrageous behavior is to be expected.

The gov has acclimated the public to it.  Like he said, people are so desensitized, we really need to shock the public to get them off their asses, to get them to act and finally fight back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Really really liking this show. The latest episode was fantastic. Pretty much nailed it.

Mon Mothma is a MILF. The dynamic between her and Luthen towards the middle of the episode added some deep context to the weight of her decisions and role in helping the rebellion.

Rogue One hinted at the layered nuances and gray area of being a rebel and I am so glad Andor is exploring that territory more.

Knowing Cassian's fate, to me at least, makes me feel the weight of each decision he makes as it leads him down that path.

Also, the ISB scenes are well done. Much intrigue with what is going to happen/be unveiled. Clearly Syril still has a part to play. Will it be redemption for the empire or sacrifice for the rebellion?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

You are 100% correct, sir.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 8:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Napoleon451] [#27]
I think Maarva is going to blow up the garrison on Ferrix or the Hotel the Imps commandeered and Cassian will not forgive himself for being in jail instead of with his adoptive mom.  Ex-girlfriend probably gets killed either busting Cassian out of jail, defending him from Vel, or protecting Maarva.  
Cassian is broken and has no close ties by R1, dude is surrounded by death and misery blaming it all on the Empire and himself.

Edit; Love the show, 14yo still trying to figure out if he likes it even though we watch each episode together.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Four types.  You both forgot the ones who want to see the Empire day to day and the beginning of the Rebellion and also want explosions and titties yet are critical enough to point out the silliness/laziness of unmodified AKs and fireteam leaders who tell their teams to "Company, turn LEFT!"
View Quote

Yup.  I’m in this camp.  At least they could have copied Elysium and did they extended gas tube. Maybe add a funky muzzle break.  And tiddies make everything better.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Nielsen ratings were released this week and it’s a disaster. Andor is not even in the top 10 series, which is a shame considering its quality
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 11:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperGumbi] [#30]
Watched the last episode tonight. This show just keeps getting better. How can this be so good and something like Boba Fett's show is so bad?

Who ever runs this show really slipped one by the Disney wokist sensors. This show has an interesting story, well developed characters, and solid world building.

Link Posted: 10/22/2022 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:
Watched the last episode tonight. This show just keeps getting better. How can this be so good and something like Boba Fett's show is so bad?

Who ever runs this show really slipped one by the Disney wokist sensors. This show has an interesting story, well developed characters, and solid world building.

View Quote

It's really a new realm in the milieu: The Cold War spy thriller. And it's being made by some outstanding storytellers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PN5X5:
Nielsen ratings were released this week and it’s a disaster. Andor is not even in the top 10 series, which is a shame considering its quality
View Quote

I'm willing to get the ratings are doctored because it's not pushing any agenda as rigorously as some of the other shows. Or it could be I've got my tin foil on too tight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

because it's made by brits. same reason empire strikes back is so fucking good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#36]
There’s still the matter of Syril’s uncle.  Did he get placed in Fuels for a reason? It’s possible Uncle Harlo is just a mid level manager somewhere and a red herring. Maybe it is to show that most citizens of the Empire are content with being a drone and moon considers that a worthy and honorable profession.

Or Harlo is a criminal/ spy who will use Syril…
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I get the feeling Vel isn't from Aldahni and she's really from Coruscant. Her love affair with the other chick on Aldahni wasn't genuine and only to help her cause on the planet to ransack the garrison. Her and Kleya are seeing more eye to eye with Mon Mothma's strategy than Luthen's and this is definitely going to start some friction in a bad way for Luthen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#38]
Vel might be Luthen's daughter given their exchanges when he brought Cassian to her.  And that Luthen said Vel traces back to him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Finally a simple rank explanation.

Well not that simple but it does explain the colors.
Imperial Andor Rank Plaques & Tile Colors Explained
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Prequel Easter egg:

Gungan personal energy shield in Luthen’s shop to the left of the screen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Andor works at FOXCONN making landing gear struts and Mon is damn hot!

Episode was more set up and political than anything else.

They are showing the reason for the rebellion. Good
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Good stuff. Andy Serkis is a little freaky looking even when he isn’t looking for his preciousss.
This episode also introduced Melshi, a character we see in Rogue One. The inevitable prison escape should be fun.  Saw is as unhinged as always. Would like to see his group doing some more gangster shit.

And poor Bix. She’s way too cute to torture.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Good stuff. Andy Serkis is a little freaky looking even when he isn’t looking for his preciousss.
This episode also introduced Melshi, a character we see in Rogue One. The inevitable prison escape should be fun.  Saw is as unhinged as always. Would like to see his group doing some more gangster shit.

View Quote

Serkis is Snoke also. Hmmmm
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:01:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#44]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

That’s true. But I doubt the characters are related. But who knows?
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I knew Syril wouldnt let it go. I think he's going to wind up a victim of his own obsession. Either buried in concrete having stepped on the toes of the wrong empire bureaucrat, or killed by rebels
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Mon Milfma looks better and better each episode.  Bix was stunning, too.  Wouldn't mind be interrogated by the ISB lady either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]
bix is a hottie.

so in prison, the boots are just hanging there with no locks, no case? no nothing? wth opsec is that
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Mon Milfma looks better and better each episode.  Bix was stunning, too.  Wouldn't mind be interrogated by the ISB lady either.
View Quote

I agree Mon looks hotter and hotter every episode. Plus I'm a sucker for redheads
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#50]
Mon Milfma is perfect.

Absolutely stunning actress.
Page / 179
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top