Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Uh

Andor is GREAT. Disney can do it right.
View Quote

I find your faith in Disney disturbing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You are going to have the silly stuff encapsulated in plot armor. It’s just the way it is. It’s basic story structure, it always has been this way. It’s Star Wars.

As long as we don’t get queers and Transformers I will stay entertained.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

I’m almost worried they won’t be able to portray Thrawn as a villain in live action.

I, like everyone else, got introduced to the expanded universe with Heir to the Empire and the original Thrawn trilogy.

He really wasn’t portrayed as a bad guy. You could sympathize with his goals, admire his personality, and wish you had his insight into his enemies.

We needed the Empire to lose, but you never felt yourself rooting against Thrawn personally. He’s too damn smart, and charismatic. You always wanted to see what he had up his sleeve. One of the books, maybe called Outward Bound? had an awesome scene where Thrawn exploits every tactical advantage possible, and obliterates a fleet sent by Sidious.

Another funny thing about the EU is his sidekick, Pelleion, turned into a great character in his own right in the later books. Probably one of my favorite characters in Star Wars in fact.

Also, Chimaera is probably the coolest name every applied to a vessel in either fiction or real life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Reminds me of what Harrison Ford told Mark Hamill on the set of Episode IV when Hamill was complaining about some continuity error (or something like that):

"Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie."
Funny thing is the EU folks back in the 1990s actually filled in most of the gaps, making a coherent universe that largely made sense, for a sci fi universe anyways.  

Then Disney came and shat over everything.  

EU: So, after Endor, the Empire had no successor and broke into several warring states that the Rebellion was able to exploit to become the New Republic.

Disney: So there's this First Order and they just have a lot of huge capital ships and a superweapon and the Resistance only has a couple squadrons of starfighters.  What do you mean New Republic?  Fine, the Superweapon blows up their fleet.  What do you mean how did they one-shot a galaxy spanning empire of a million habitable worlds?  IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF MOVIE!

I’m almost worried they won’t be able to portray Thrawn as a villain in live action.

I, like everyone else, got introduced to the expanded universe with Heir to the Empire and the original Thrawn trilogy.

He really wasn’t portrayed as a bad guy. You could sympathize with his goals, admire his personality, and wish you had his insight into his enemies.

We needed the Empire to lose, but you never felt yourself rooting against Thrawn personally. He’s too damn smart, and charismatic. You always wanted to see what he had up his sleeve. One of the books, maybe called Outward Bound? had an awesome scene where Thrawn exploits every tactical advantage possible, and obliterates a fleet sent by Sidious.

Another funny thing about the EU is his sidekick, Pelleion, turned into a great character in his own right in the later books. Probably one of my favorite characters in Star Wars in fact.

Also, Chimaera is probably the coolest name every applied to a vessel in either fiction or real life.

Unless you are fairly old.

There were Marvel Star Wars comics, then some other Marvel big comic/magazine story Star Wars story,
Then Splinter of the Mind’s Eye book.
Three Han Solo books.  This gets us to about 1980.
Then three Lando books.  This takes to to mid 1980s.
The Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire comics would have been early 1990s.

Now, in real time,
I rember the Holiday Special on TV,
I remember the Star Wars comic books, the han solo books, the minds eye book,
When the thrawn trilogy came out, and sort of knew there were some droids and Ewoks cartoons on Saturday mornings my little brother watched around the time I was first in the army.

I didn’t know about the dark horse comics or Lando books until later.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

yup, I try not to overanalyze it and just enjoy the escapism... This is the way
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I’m glad I don’t have the same problem as some of you. I shit my brain off and just let myself be entertained. I’ve been enjoying this season. I have not watched yesterday’s episode yet because I’m waiting for my daughter to want to watch it.

yup, I try not to overanalyze it and just enjoy the escapism... This is the way

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm almost worried they won't be able to portray Thrawn as a villain in live action.

He really wasn't portrayed as a bad guy. You could sympathize with his goals, admire his personality, and wish you had his insight into his enemies.

We needed the Empire to lose, but you never felt yourself rooting against Thrawn personally. He's too damn smart, and charismatic. You always wanted to see what he had up his sleeve. One of the books, maybe called Outward Bound? had an awesome scene where Thrawn exploits every tactical advantage possible, and obliterates a fleet sent by Sidious.

View Quote
Gilad Pellaeon was the best Imperial leader in the entire EU and was a diplomat, a  military tactician, and honestly a damn good guy. He wasn't an evil bad guy. He was a legit head of state of a major power and made sure that his people were taken care of (rights protected) and made sure his nation state wasn't a two bit chump.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I’m glad I don’t have the same problem as some of you. I shit my brain off and just let myself be entertained. I’ve been enjoying this season. I have not watched yesterday’s episode yet because I’m waiting for my daughter to want to watch it.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

Yeah, I was going to fix it but some people had already quoted me before I caught the auto correct mistake so I decided there was no point in fixing it. Shit...shut...what's the difference?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#7]

I find your faith in Disney disturbing.
View Quote

Did you find Andor to be the same garbage as Mando?

Andor | Luthen Rael’s Monologue | Disney+
Andor | Karis Nemik’s Manifesto | Disney+

The Mandalorian season 3 is garbage
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Sheesh, you people.

Yesterday, I watched Star Wars (The Mandalorian) with my son. We enjoyed it. We didn't critique the volume, or the bad puppetry, or the fact that rando Mandos were just shooting into the water. We just enjoyed it and had fun geeking out over a Mando squad taking on monsters. I got to share a thing that I enjoyed as a kid with my kid.

Could it be better? Sure. Could it be worse? I invite you to visit The Last Jedi (specifically Canto Bight).

Or we could have no Star Wars at all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Sheesh, you people.

Yesterday, I watched Star Wars (The Mandalorian) with my son. We enjoyed it. We didn't critique the volume, or the bad puppetry, or the fact that rando Mandos were just shooting into the water. We just enjoyed it and had fun geeking out over a Mando squad taking on monsters. I got to share a thing that I enjoyed as a kid with my kid.

Could it be better? Sure. Could it be worse? I invite you to visit The Last Jedi (specifically Canto Bight).

View Quote

Masterpiece or garbage!

And many think its all garbage

Others hate Disney

Etc etc
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I really wish they would have used the Dark Empire comics for the sequel trilogy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By user4574:

After next week it won't be.  
View Quote

its getting the firefly treatment?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jayne_Cobb] [#12]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

View All Quotes

Too soon, man. Too soon.

I'm enjoying Bo's spiritual revival, but I'm not sure what her balance is between authenticity and political leverage. I do think she is legitimately conflicted in the matter though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

No, season finale for Bad Batch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:
I really wish they would have used the Dark Empire comics . Thrawn Trilogy for the sequel trilogy.
View Quote

I corrected that for you
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Sheesh, you people.

View Quote

This is the way.   I also watch it with my teenagers
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Uh

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mikepiet:

Ditto. Beginning to think the only shows arfcom likes is Breaking Bad and Justified. Everything else is "bad cgi", "boring" or "woke".

Uh

Agreed.

No one complain about the lesbians yet?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Agreed.

View All Quotes

Ditto. Beginning to think the only shows arfcom likes is Breaking Bad and Justified. Everything else is "bad cgi", "boring" or "woke".

Uh

Agreed.

Plenty of folks did
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Plenty of folks did
View All Quotes

Uh

Agreed.

Plenty of folks did

Plenty of folks would complain if they were hanged with a new rope, so…
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Plenty of folks would complain if they were hanged with a new rope, so
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Uh

Agreed.

Plenty of folks did

Plenty of folks would complain if they were hanged with a new rope, so
Plenty of folks would complain if they found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow they'd have to pick it up and carry it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#21]

That made me laugh out loud. Thats fantastic
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Sheesh, you people.

View Quote

Wow, you really set the bar high with that one.

Based on the current trajectory of Star Wars under the Disney regime it might not be very far off before that could, unfortunately, end up being preferable.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Isn’t The Rise of Skywalker generally considered worse than The Last Jedi though?

As bad as The Last Jedi was I can’t say if it’s better or worse considering I never watched The Rise of Skywalker.  Reading the spoilers was more than enough for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
Too soon, man. Too soon.

I'm enjoying Bo's spiritual revival, but I'm not sure what her balance is between authenticity and political leverage. I do think she is legitimately conflicted in the matter though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:

Too soon, man. Too soon.

I choose to believe she is undergoing a legitimate crisis of faith, and is leaning toward embracing the oldest traditions of Mandalore.

A marriage to Din would make sense for political purposes in Game of Thrones, as their child would inherit both her titles and the Darksaber. Not to mention a foster brother in Grogu.

I really want to see a new Mandalorian culture reclaim the planet, to seat a new Mand’alor, and become the capital of an independent coalition of planets.

The Hapes Consortium was one of the cool aspects of the old EU. The spinning rings of lasers were always something I liked reading about, they made sense in the context of individual batteries that needed to recharge.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Isn’t The Rise of Skywalker generally considered worse than The Last Jedi though?

As bad as The Last Jedi was I can’t say if it’s better or worse considering I never watched The Rise of Skywalker.  Reading the spoilers was more than enough for me.
View Quote

Last Jedi is widely regarded as the worst Star Wars since Phantom Menace, and perhaps since the Holiday Special.

Rise of Skywalker was not great, but it mitigated some of the dumbfuckery of the previous two installments. I think it could have been a good movie if it didn’t have to follow 7 and 8.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Last Jedi is widely regarded as the worst Star Wars since Phantom Menace, and perhaps since the Holiday Special.

Rise of Skywalker was not great, but it mitigated some of the dumbfuckery of the previous two installments. I think it could have been a good movie if it didn’t have to follow 7 and 8.
View All Quotes

Anakin Skywalker had one of my favorite character arcs in cinematic history and sacrificing his own life to kill the Emperor and save his son was a fantastic way to end it.  My biggest gripe with The Rise of Skywalker is that it shits all over that by bringing Palpatine back from the dead.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Anakin Skywalker had one of my favorite character arcs in cinematic history and sacrificing his own life to kill the Emperor and save his son was a fantastic way to end it.  My biggest gripe with The Rise of Skywalker is that it shits all over that by bringing Palpatine back from the dead.
View All Quotes

You are correct.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:15:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#28]
The Last Jedi - cinematically speaking is beautiful. It really is. But the plot is just awful. They literally shit all over Luke's character and threw the fact that he saved Anakin right out the window.

Rise of Skywalker turned the "Skywalker Saga" into the "Palpatine Saga" - I mean, he's the main character now, right? He's been pulling the strings through the entire franchise, arguably created Anakin and warped him into Vader and then used Sith magic to "somehow return."

None of the sequel trilogy is great. Ok, maybe the Kylo Ren/Han Solo stuff is good. But that's it.
  • Finn could have had an awesome story - defector, force user, could have been a real badass. Nope. Relegated to yelling REY in every scene.
  • Poe Dameron - could hav been the next Han Solo or Maverick of Star Wars. Had his nuts cut off the Last Jedi and RoS gives us "somehow they fly now.'
  • Rey - should have left her a nobody. Would have been a shit ton more compelling. Nope, child of a clone. No explanation of force ability aside from birthright.
  • Don't even get me started on the supporting characters.
  • Phasma - awful waste of a great idea and a good actress.
It really boils down to the idea of bringing in shit directors and letting them do their mystery box shit and having no fucking plan whatsoever to go from Ep 7 to Ep 9.

I loved Andor. I really like Mandalorian. Bad Batch is great too. Obi Wan was just eh, ok. Book of Boba Fett had potential but fell far short.

I think for Star Wars to succeed, they need to put forth a faithful Knights of the Old Republic series. Get away from EPS 1-9. Or maybe a large time jump forward. 500 years or so. But at its core, you need force users, Jedi, Sith and gray. You need fun factions like Mandalorian and Hondo's pirates. You need some monsters. Get away from that formula and it falls apart.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
You are going to have the silly stuff encapsulated in plot armor. It’s just the way it is. It’s basic story structure, it always has been this way. It’s Star Wars.

As long as we don’t get queers and Transformers I will stay entertained.
View Quote

I noticed that the Wookieepedia lists characters' pronouns now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:40:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#30]

I choose to believe she is undergoing a legitimate crisis of faith, and is leaning toward embracing the oldest traditions of Mandalore.

A marriage to Din would make sense for political purposes in Game of Thrones, as their child would inherit both her titles and the Darksaber. Not to mention a foster brother in Grogu.

I really want to see a new Mandalorian culture reclaim the planet, to seat a new Mand'alor, and become the capital of an independent coalition of planets.

The Hapes Consortium was one of the cool aspects of the old EU. The spinning rings of lasers were always something I liked reading about, they made sense in the context of individual batteries that needed to recharge.
View Quote
Hapan Battle Cruisers had their turbolasers set up like that because guns couldn't cycle as quickly as Imperial and Republic guns. But the Hapans were a tough bunch and the Queen Mother took no shit, especially Tenel Ka, Jewish Knight and Wife of Jacen Solo.

I remember reading about her as a teen when she was a teen.

And as she grew up, she lost an arm and said fuck it.... she still kicked ass.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:41:47 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Isn't The Rise of Skywalker generally considered worse than The Last Jedi though?

As bad as The Last Jedi was I can't say if it's better or worse considering I never watched The Rise of Skywalker.  Reading the spoilers was more than enough for me.

Rise of Skywalker was not great, but it mitigated some of the dumbfuckery of the previous two installments. I think it could have been a good movie if it didn't have to follow 7 and 8.

Palpatine came back in the original EU too. But it was much darker in bow he did it and the issues of him doing it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:39:36 AM EDT
[#32]

I loved Andor. I really like Mandalorian. Bad Batch is great too. Obi Wan was just eh, ok. Book of Boba Fett had potential but fell far short.

View Quote

Word, homie
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Ha
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Agreed.

View All Quotes

Uh

Agreed.

They were hardly in it, and it wasn’t in your face over the top.   I didn’t see much reason to complain.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I laughed during ROS at how bad it was, TLJ just pissed me off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:01:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#36]

View All Quotes

There is an alternative screenplay out that Rob Burnett saw that would have changed everything. Made up for Last Jedi and then some… it was Colin Trevorrow’s script, and it was called Duel of the Fates.

[youtube]/5ShS32kJclU?feature=share[/youtube] hope that works. If not here’s another link to a different read thru: [youtube]Pn5U7K2QaD0?feature=share[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/live/5ShS32kJclU?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/live/Pn5U7K2QaD0?feature=share

Yes the video is long but the movie they could have made from this script would have been a fantastic wrap up. Instead they rewrote it to suit JJ Abrams’ mediocre ending.

Edit: crap, the links aren’t working. I’ll fix later on my desktop.

Edit 2: Still not working. Sorry, but I pasted the links above (and thanks to Miami JBT for trying too). The movie Trevorrow was hoping to make would have made up for the lameness of TLJ and then some.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:12:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#37]
Originally Posted By macman37:

There is an alternative screenplay out that Rob Burnett saw that would have changed everything. Made up for Last Jedi and then some  it was Colin Trevorrow's script, and it was called Duel of the Fates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live/5ShS32kJclU?feature=share hope that works. If not here's another link to a different read thru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live/Pn5U7K2QaD0?feature=share

Yes the video is long but the movie they could have made from this script would have been a fantastic wrap up. Instead they rewrote it to suit JJ Abrams' mediocre ending.

Edit: crap, the links aren't working. I'll fix later on my desktop.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macman37:
Isn't The Rise of Skywalker generally considered worse than The Last Jedi though?

As bad as The Last Jedi was I can't say if it's better or worse considering I never watched The Rise of Skywalker.  Reading the spoilers was more than enough for me.

Rise of Skywalker was not great, but it mitigated some of the dumbfuckery of the previous two installments. I think it could have been a good movie if it didn't have to follow 7 and 8.

There is an alternative screenplay out that Rob Burnett saw that would have changed everything. Made up for Last Jedi and then some  it was Colin Trevorrow's script, and it was called Duel of the Fates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live/5ShS32kJclU?feature=share hope that works. If not here's another link to a different read thru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live/Pn5U7K2QaD0?feature=share

Yes the video is long but the movie they could have made from this script would have been a fantastic wrap up. Instead they rewrote it to suit JJ Abrams' mediocre ending.

Edit: crap, the links aren't working. I'll fix later on my desktop.

[youtube]live/5ShS32kJclU[/youtube]

[youtube]live/m62H56LMB-U[/youtube]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

They’re all equally bad and should be retconned out of existence.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#39]
The Last Jedi - cinematically speaking is beautiful. It really is. But the plot is just awful. They literally shit all over Luke's character and threw the fact that he saved Anakin right out the window.

Rise of Skywalker turned the "Skywalker Saga" into the "Palpatine Saga" - I mean, he's the main character now, right? He's been pulling the strings through the entire franchise, arguably created Anakin and warped him into Vader and then used Sith magic to "somehow return."

None of the sequel trilogy is great. Ok, maybe the Kylo Ren/Han Solo stuff is good. But that's it.
  • Finn could have had an awesome story - defector, force user, could have been a real badass. Nope. Relegated to yelling REY in every scene.
  • Poe Dameron - could hav been the next Han Solo or Maverick of Star Wars. Had his nuts cut off the Last Jedi and RoS gives us "somehow they fly now.'
  • Rey - should have left her a nobody. Would have been a shit ton more compelling. Nope, child of a clone. No explanation of force ability aside from birthright.
It really boils down to the idea of bringing in shit directors and letting them do their mystery box shit and having no fucking plan whatsoever to go from Ep 7 to Ep 9.

I think for Star Wars to succeed, they need to put forth a faithful Knights of the Old Republic series. Get away from EPS 1-9. Or maybe a large time jump forward. 500 years or so. But at its core, you need force users, Jedi, Sith and gray. You need fun factions like Mandalorian and Hondo's pirates. You need some monsters. Get away from that formula and it falls apart.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

IIRC there was a plan to go from Episode 7 to 9, but when Rian Johnson came into the picture, he threw it out to make the shit fest that was TLJ. His motivation was to “subvert expectations,” but in that basic, academic sense that doesn’t translate at all when it comes to continuity in storytelling. Or basic plot. Or character development. Or anything that results in an actual good movie.

The fact that Rian thought subverting expectations in Star Wars was a great plan just shows how much of a moron he is and how disconnected he was from the history of the franchise or the subject matter. It was clear he didn’t give a fuck about Star Wars.

OTOH, the plan for Episodes 7 to 9 was plotted by JJ, so it was probably still going to be mediocre shit. I mean, that particular dickhead thought he could reimagine Wrath of Khan, and he failed spectacularly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By thirsty:

IIRC there was a plan to go from Episode 7 to 9, but when Rian Johnson came into the picture, he threw it out to make the shit fest that was TLJ. His motivation was to “subvert expectations,” but in that basic, academic sense that doesn’t translate at all when it comes to continuity in storytelling. Or basic plot. Or character development. Or anything that results in an actual good movie.

The fact that Rian thought subverting expectations in Star Wars was a great plan just shows how much of a moron he is and how disconnected he was from the history of the franchise or the subject matter. It was clear he didn’t give a fuck about Star Wars.

OTOH, the plan for Episodes 7 to 9 was plotted by JJ, so it was probably still going to be mediocre shit. I mean, that particular dickhead thought he could reimagine Wrath of Khan, and he failed spectacularly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thirsty:

Compare that Wrath of Khan remake to the Strange New Worlds episode where they remade Balance of Terror. Personally my favorite TOS Episode.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:00:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#42]

View Quote

this is the way. they couldnt make another big bad?

PS. justified was bad couldnt finish even 1 season.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, the director choices didn't help at all. You can't come in with a director like JJ Abhrams, Rian Johnson, Michael Bay, M Night Shamalan, etc and expect a good Star Wars movie. Because those guys have a formula they work with when making movies that makes it distinctly theirs. It's like a Tarantino film - you know what to expect there.

Marvel does a better job at managing it's directors stable but even they've had their challenges. If not for the Russo Brothers, I don't know they could have made it all the way to Infinity War. To get it right, you get a director that will focus on great storytelling, put ego out of the way and reap the benefits of a great product. This is why Tony Gilroy succeeded with Andor (he managed the stable of directors) while Favreau and Filoni failed with Book Of Boba Fett. Notably by letting Robert Rodriguez put too much of his brand into the show (the goofy mods being the prime example).

And none of that takes into consideration teh woke culture of Disney that gets injected into everything. It drives me when I see shit like Kathleen Kennedy wearing a "Force is Female" shirt, because it completely debases the badass that Princess Leia was in the original Trilogy. Padme was equally badass. It's a miracle that we are getting good Star Wars at all.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Am I the only one that ever noticed the insignia Boba Fett wears on his chest is the Fender logo? Every time I see that "F" I don't know if it's the guitar or for Boba Fett.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#45]

Agreed.

View Quote
If I was a woman and had a chance with Katie sackoff/Starbuck I would be a lesbian too
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
If I was a woman and had a chance with Katie sack off/Starbuck I would be a lesbian too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:

Agreed.

If I was a woman and had a chance with Katie sack off/Starbuck I would be a lesbian too

I don't think Bo is a lesbo
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
We all knew that may happen with the clone technology.

Palpitine knew he was old and needed a way to continue his legacy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#48]

I don't think Bo is a lesbo
View Quote
Ok
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#49]
i hope Bo isnt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Sheesh, you people.

View Quote

Yeah, the Filoniverse is the Star Wars my kids love. He gave me cartoons I could watch with them and we could all enjoy, and now that they're older he gave us Mando and that's fun for the whole family. It isn't perfect but nothing is.

TLJ was truly the worst. I don't think the sequels would be hated nearly as much if ep8 had been better. It would have been more like the prequels.

Because nobody wants to talk about the sequels I don't even know if most people believe Rey is Sidious at the end or not.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top